Server Maintenance?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Gavsta wrote: »
    Be nice for this to be acknowledged & some compensation for the lost battles (& crystals) are considered.

It’s 6 AM in California, so we’ll have to wait a while
    We're still waiting.

They’re out today

I’ll reach out to them again tomorrow, assuming they are in office tomorrow
    Isn't it embarrassing that they have nobody available for emergency situations like these when their game completely screws up?

Telling you, if it wasn't Star Wars most of us would have moved on already. Can only hope that a different game studio makes a similar Star Wars game game now that EA lost its exclusivity. Because it can't actually be worse than what Capital Games is doing.

No, They are completely available for emergency situations, and have a few on standby

but i don't think this is emergent enough, the damage is done, they can't wind back time if we classified this as an emergency, even if they do say compensation will be given it won't be immediately

hopefully we can get some compensation decided and sent by next week, since we are scheduled for a content update on the 12th
  • RoBane1738
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Would be appreciated if they at the least acknowledged what happened.

I’m working for the wrong company, I want an extra 2 days off after the holidays…which explains why the Christmas tree is still up !
  • Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.
  • Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.

What does xaereth call the trooper that mothma calls in?

Even though it was the holidays, I think it's fair to expect that someone from the studio still works in case of emergencies like these and sends out a message to communication about what is going on, instead of leaving us in the dark. Communication is something you guys hopefully improve in 2022.

Even though it was the holidays, I think it's fair to expect that someone from the studio still works in case of emergencies like these and sends out a message to communication about what is going on, instead of leaving us in the dark. Communication is something you guys hopefully improve in 2022.

It was supposed to improve when they hired this guy but umm it didn't unless you are a 4 million gp account on a niche discord where things like this hardly have an impact on your gameplay.
  • GaCvet wrote: »
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

It was supposed to improve when they hired this guy but umm it didn't unless you are a 4 million gp account on a niche discord where things like this hardly have an impact on your gameplay.

Normally I get accused of only chatting with high GP accounts and whales, so this is a refreshing change of pace.
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Normally I get accused of only chatting with high GP accounts and whales, so this is a refreshing change of pace.

Well I mean you talk to me when I ask most times lol. I’m not a whale XD

• TNT117
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2022

Small group. Major holiday. Everyone deserves a break. The issue isn't the issue here. The real problem is the way the game handles this when it occurs while attempting major content (FA, TB, TW, GAC). It would be great if they would figure out a way to distinguish between a battle I forfeit/forced quit and a game malfunction. Nothing more stomach dropping in this game than seeing that message just as you enter/win a PvP match. You know immediately it cost you the battle and the team without reaping any benefit whatsoever, and, in GAC, that basically means you lost the round.
  • TNT117 wrote: »

Small group. Major holiday. Everyone deserves a break. The issue isn't the issue here. The real problem is the way the game handles this when it occurs while attempting major content (FA, TB, TW, GAC). It would be great if they would figure out a way to distinguish between a battle I forfeit/forced quit and a game malfunction. Nothing more stomach dropping in this game than seeing that message just as you enter/win a PvP match. You know immediately it cost you the battle and the team without reaping any benefit whatsoever, and, in GAC, that basically means you lost the round.

That day i already cleared the upper territories, and when i was about to mirror match a Padme team in the down front one and the "server under maintenance" popped up i already knew that the round was over and i losted it.

Oh look playing like you weren't confused in the DM you sent me.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    GaCvet wrote: »

Hmm, this post feels trolly. I love it!

How about you address the issue instead of writing snarky replies?

Still no official announcement concerning the issue at hand.

He already said the devs are looking into it. How much more official do you need?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    el_mago wrote: »

He already said the devs are looking into it. How much more official do you need?

"20,000 crystals official."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    "20,000 crystals official."

large.png?1526317633
  • el_mago wrote: »

A post in "Dev Announcements and News" is what I was looking for with more information than "we are looking into it".

A post in "Dev Announcements and News" is what I was looking for with more information than "we are looking into it".

And what more information can be gained and given before they look into it?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    UdalCuain wrote: »

From a person who specializes in data, they could have (likely an intern) doing a small (n=100-500) random sample of GAC rounds to see approximately how many were affected by this and how many of those were big enough handicaps that they cost the player the round. If the number of losses were statistically significant, it would warrant a make-good, proportionate to the average GAC round win/loss difference + end of GAC standings reward. If it was not a significant number (~5 or fewer in a small sample), then it's probably just an apology and "this is a real but rare cost of playing a game that relies on server and phone operations."

At a large scale, this isn't as impactful as the free Malak shards which warranted a server rollback for some, so they would likely just give compensation to everyone if it's warranted, and even (300 crystals)*(the playerbase) is a lot of currency, and even if a lot of it is going to F2P, those are still a lot of lost dollars to those who would otherwise be buying those crystals, and a decision that thus requires more authority than Doja has to make.

Just my $.02 and pure informed speculation.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

From a person who specializes in data, they could have (likely an intern) doing a small (n=100-500) random sample of GAC rounds to see approximately how many were affected by this and how many of those were big enough handicaps that they cost the player the round. If the number of losses were statistically significant, it would warrant a make-good, proportionate to the average GAC round win/loss difference + end of GAC standings reward. If it was not a significant number (~5 or fewer in a small sample), then it's probably just an apology and "this is a real but rare cost of playing a game that relies on server and phone operations."

At a large scale, this isn't as impactful as the free Malak shards which warranted a server rollback for some, so they would likely just give compensation to everyone if it's warranted, and even 300 crystals * the playerbase is a lot of currency, and even if a lot of it is going to F2P, those are still a lot of lost dollars to those who would otherwise be buying those crystals, and a decision that thus requires more authority that Doja has to make.

I like your maths and rationale, but I think you may have missed the point I was making to the whiney poster.

The only update they can give at this point is that they are looking into it. Details may or may not follow once their investigation has taken place. It was their first day back in the office yesterday.

so he said they just got in and are looking into things. he dropped a quick post that things are being looked into and you fault that. if he had waited and gotten the "Mouse's" permission to post in the "Dev Announcements" you would have faulted him for waiting instead of just letting us know.

Feels like maybe you are carrying some animosity from his previous post in one of your threads and are just waiting to pounce on him for any perceived slight.

We have a much better engaged community manager than we've had for a while, pls don't run him off.

so he said they just got in and are looking into things. he dropped a quick post that things are being looked into and you fault that. if he had waited and gotten the "Mouse's" permission to post in the "Dev Announcements" you would have faulted him for waiting instead of just letting us know.

Feels like maybe you are carrying some animosity from his previous post in one of your threads and are just waiting to pounce on him for any perceived slight.

We have a much better engaged community manager than we've had for a while, pls don't run him off.
    No, I think it's good that Doja posted in here but that was too late, given the issue occurred days before. There was no communication when it occured or even shortly after. And by now I think it is fair to have expected some official communication in dev announcements.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

No, I think it's good that Doja posted in here but that was too late, given the issue occurred days before. There was no communication when it occured or even shortly after. And by now I think it is fair to have expected some official communication in dev announcements.

It occurred during the holidays, let’s not exclude the context
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

At a large scale, this isn't as impactful as the free Malak shards which warranted a server rollback for some, so they would likely just give compensation to everyone if it's warranted, and even (300 crystals)*(the playerbase) is a lot of currency, and even if a lot of it is going to F2P, those are still a lot of lost dollars to those who would otherwise be buying those crystals, and a decision that thus requires more authority than Doja has to make.

I don't think people spend less when they get make-goods/compensation though; it's not like there is a finite amount of stuff to buy.

If my budget for the game is $X/month, that is what I will spend whether I get free crystals or not. The make-good just lets me get a tiny bit closer to a moving end point that is functionally unreachable. For perspective, if there were 1000 crystal make-goods for something EVERY MONTH it would not come close to taking a single character from G12 to G13 after a year.

From my perspective, acknowledging user pain points with a token gift has way more potential upside in customer goodwill than sweeping bugs under the carpet does...
  • RoBane1738
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Appreciate they acknowledged the occurrence. I can assure it was not limited to a short period of time, it happened over the course of at least 3 if not 5 hours..multiple times. I don’t want compensation…just don’t want it to happen again.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Appreciate they acknowledged the occurrence. I can assure it was not limited to a short period of time, it happened over the course of at least 3 if not 5 hours..multiple times. I don’t want compensation…just don’t want it to happen again.

Why not both?
  • Ultra wrote: »

It occurred during the holidays, let’s not exclude the context

What holiday is on January 2nd?
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »

Why not both?

Because outside of losing a GAC round (albeit a championship round) it didn’t cost me anything outside those few purple crystal gems. Been playing long enough to get over that, as long as it’s not an ongoing situation. They acknowledged the occurrence and are looking into it. Hopefully never happens again. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year…life goes on 👍