Gac cheating

Prev1
Natgmn
103 posts Member
edited January 2022
Is it worse now? I've ran across a couple already how about you guys do you think this new gac has brought more out?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Cmacleod3
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Your so right on this..lost twice due to these kittens

Both times when i knew i won

These i am starting to hate this stuff
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • I've won more than lost overall but yeah I think cg needs to do something but probably wont cuz honestly I dont think they are interested in fixing the cheating issue
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Gac cheating rhymes with Mac eating. Mac has cheese, cheese is on pizza. Pizza the Hut confirmed
  • How are they cheating though? If they are using the current set less defense in a territory cause the attacker can't gain banners for non placed teams it's not cheating but abusing a bug and is allowed and encouraged by CG for this run.

Might as well take advantage while you can before it gets fixed. Or take the high road and maybe lose but at least play honestly by not using a bug
  • Altzair wrote: »
    How are they cheating though? If they are using the current set less defense in a territory cause the attacker can't gain banners for non placed teams it's not cheating but abusing a bug and is allowed and encouraged by CG for this run.

I wouldn't say it is encouraged...but tolerated for this time.

Real cheaters have other ways to manipulate the game, which much more subtle and harder to address.

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Can you elaborate more on the cheating that you think is happening?
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    u31o5k7lmxip.jpg
    Thats the cheating.
  • Gotta say, this is also getting to me, and turning my GAC a little bit sour.
    Back in the days, I checked the battle log, and I was like hm, I got overpowered, kudos to my opponents, took his gamble and it payed them off nicely.

Nowadays I am like... Yeah so you risked a counter that has like 3 major RNG-checks and it just happened so that you made the kill, sure.

And I know that it is theoretically possible, like countering 7* executor with the Malev lineup using g12 sunfac and g11 spy and only losing 2 ships in total, so I have no solid ground to report for cheating because after all, it might have been a clear victory but the ton of reports about cheaters makes it harder to me as well to accept defeat time to time.

With GAC having its reward increased the cheaters are putting more effort into covering their tracks, making the overall experience worse for me, and this holds even if i never met one, because you might just never know.

And on top of this: if you get cheated, you report it, but by policy you are not getting any feedback on another player's sanctions, and therefore I can hardly see any kind of compensation happening, because on its own it would mean that you were right about your opponent. So the damage is done, and there is likely nothing to be done about it.
  • Hard to say, so far I’ve run into one cheater, or maybe consistently very lucky looking at his history against others. But I’ve never really bothered to check before.
  • Ahnald was even the victim of a super obvious cheater. I mean a GVII or something team taking down his Relic'd and modded out their mind team. For a cheater to pull that kitten against the most well known SWGOH YT'r shows how brazen they've become and how sure they'll get away with it.
  • Yeah but a serious flaw in the system I believe is: you only need to do it clean once. Once you have a clear victory with 4 surviving, 3 full protection in 4 min 02 secs you know all the parameters you need to fake towards the server, and nobody will say (nobody can say) that your victory is impossible.

(Mods generally speaking do not turn things around to this extreme. Occasionally yes, but not as a general rule)
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Gawejn wrote: »
    u31o5k7lmxip.jpg
    Thats the cheating.

If you have evidence of cheater, please send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddyMINI.

Does the OP have a specific cheating instance to report?
  • The problem is, with GAC being the crystals source now and arena's crystals being shut off, cheating in GAC is going to increase ten-fold. One person at CG is not going to be able to handle the increased load. This is a full team level issue at this point and CG needs to increase the people handling cheating inquiries AND be harsh on the cheaters. (Not just giving recompense to the players who were cheated against, but also doing actual banning of the cheaters. ESPECIALLY for a 2nd or more offense.)

A couple years ago a demoralizing issue was added as a player was "banned" but only temporarily. That doesn't help as so many players are doing the right thing and playing legit. So what are you prepared to do, CG?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Is it worse now? I've ran across a couple already how about you guys do you think this new gac has brought more out?

I've only encountered one cheating opponent in GA/GAC since the very beginning of GA. It's more than a year ago now.
  • Waqui wrote: »

I've only encountered one cheating opponent in GA/GAC since the very beginning of GA. It's more than a year ago now.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Nto3aXig2sZuMiSr6
  • It has cost me two wins in gac due to this

What are your companions
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

https://images.app.goo.gl/Nto3aXig2sZuMiSr6

60a4s4.jpg

Please do a cursory search or hover over the icons above your posts and learn how to embed images like an adult. Memes that require 3 clicks to view lose whatever impact they might have had.
  • So the lag and more won't be composited

I lost 2 gac matches that way
    ..including yesterday......due to the game lagging.
    ....cost me 2 wins and 2 squads in the gac
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    u31o5k7lmxip.jpg
    Thats the cheating.

If you have evidence of cheater, please send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddyMINI.

Does the OP have a specific cheating instance to report?

Not interested in sending reports about nobody. There are 2 solutions for this: getting info from Players and ban cheater or making software antihack solution.
    So im not someone who wants to clean this and work for cg. I dont care about cg.
    CG should care how to fix this.
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    They dont do anything about it anyway. Remember when they asked the cheater what thier punishment should be and how long and when they wanted a ban last year...
  • At least with arena you can tell who's cheating. Now we push the crystal into a mode where these is no API to review logs. Just SWGOHGG to revert to. And the smart cheaters don't beat battles 30 seconds in.

Great change CG, way to be prepared on keeping it balanced.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    My last gac I faced a cheater and lost. But the next opponent he faced also realized he was cheating and contacted the cheaters guild and they got booted. That’s about as hard as you can hit them.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    My last gac I faced a cheater and lost. But the next opponent he faced also realized he was cheating and contacted the cheaters guild and they got booted. That’s about as hard as you can hit them.

someone mentioned if the victim of cheating reports to luciferdaddy, there is huge chance to get them banned.
  • bap1234 wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »

someone mentioned if the victim of cheating reports to luciferdaddy, there is huge chance to get them banned.

"Rumor has it" that Ludifersdaddy actually negotiates with the cheaters, working out terms with the cheater for a convenient and temporary punishment. While this heavily contradicts the supposedly zero tolerance policy, CG never acknowledged the issue and went full radio silence over the topic.

Since then we have seen numerous reports about players going inactive for a certain period, then revitalizing the account later, hinting that there are still temporary bans in effect.

Considering this, you can report the cheaters all you want.
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    bap1234 wrote: »

"Rumor has it" that Ludifersdaddy actually negotiates with the cheaters, working out terms with the cheater for a convenient and temporary punishment. While this heavily contradicts the supposedly zero tolerance policy, CG never acknowledged the issue and went full radio silence over the topic.

Since then we have seen numerous reports about players going inactive for a certain period, then revitalizing the account later, hinting that there are still temporary bans in effect.

Considering this, you can report the cheaters all you want.
    49som9g9spkm.png

i think you are referring to this, my understanding is that this guy bought crystals from 3rd party and he did not cheat, i heard it on a podcast, not 100% sure
  • “I can not let the bad battles go without some sort of reprimand” suggests otherwise
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    We all know that CG has never actually cared about cheating, not sure why anyone thought that would change.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    bap1234 wrote: »

He was banned before and is still playing so 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • StarSon wrote: »
    We all know that CG has never actually cared about cheating, not sure why anyone thought that would change.
    We do?
This discussion has been closed.