This GC Hurts

Prev1
TargetEadu
1513 posts Member
edited January 2022
Not sure why. It just does. Han opens with a Stun, Dash opens with an AoE Daze, then Chewie and Han and Dash all get Stuns. Ow.

Then between the event modifiers (which boost buffed Smugglers, who get an Imperial Rule buff immediately and permanently) and Vandor any and all damage the Smugglers take is reduced by 50%.

I don’t know. Just feels like I can barely scratch them while I can also blink and lose my R7s. Dash alone nearly 1v1’d my full health+prot (and post Ult) SEE. Anyone else?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    Han 1 shot my r8 bobba so yeah....
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    You cant outrun them and you do 50 percent less dmg so not sure what bounty hunter team they want you to use and pretaunt doesnt work either lol
  • BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Yeah I have high relic BHs and most die before I get a turn at T9-10. It doesn't help that the 9 stacks of true defense are gone after they've finished assisting Dash, who apparently always goes after Han. Before you know it, it's your turn and you have two BHs left if you're lucky.

Only managed to beat it on lower tiers by nuking vendor chewie with execute and finishing him off with whatever I can lol.
  • Usually the challenges are aimed at a specific team to use to get all the feats but I'm not sure with this one. Anyone know what BH team they have aimed this for?
  • I’ve tried Jango lead, bossk lead, boba lead and they get obliterated before I take a turn.

Dengar lead and RNG left me with all but one of my BH after the salvo but then after one turn I got wiped. So no idea

Like before, it would be nice to see the enemy speed and stats to know what it would take to out run the enemy but hey, why should CG do such a player friendly QoL update we’ve wanted for a year?

Personally I’m aiming for box 8/9, getting my omnomnomcrons and putting this joke of a GC behind me. Not worth the frustration, time or effort for max rewards unless you’re OCD about getting max crate.
  • 2dghpr6ji6bi.png

This team is solution, get payout as soon you can and IK Dash, then its easy, i have undergeared most of them so i needed a lot of tries for right openning. But with relic team its a lot easier.
  • Used Aurra, Bossk, Greef, Mando, Boba.
    Bossk got taken out right off the gate but the other 4v5'd the rest. All feats done in 1 battle.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Plus the modifier is wrong too. It states "Whenever a unit lands a debuff they gain 1 stack of Imperial Reign" but in fact it's whenever an enemy unit is hurt by an attack the enemy unit gains 1 stack.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I don’t understand why they give these teams in GC so much damage. Young Han one shot my bossk with 9 stacks of true defense full health and protection. The rewards aren’t even close to making me satisfied of all that I have to go through just to beat this. You could have all relic 9 BH and still not be able to beat this.
  • And again, what CG has done has been to invent something that is ZERO FUN.

The benefit that BH gets is increased survivability. Use Bossk lead and the opponents get a minimum of 3 kills against a team of full r5+ BH before you move - if you're very lucky, one or two of those kills are against Jango, Boba, or Mando and take only the toon's first life.

Theoretically you might have 4 or 5 bounty hunters standing, but I have never had more than 3 standing at the time I take my first turn.

The answer, then, is to start the battle again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Do you think it's fun to do that? Do you think it's fun to have your success determined not by your skill, but by RNG? Do you think it's fun to spend 12 minutes restarting more than 15 times and never having even 4 BH survive?

Seriously, CG? Is that what you think is fun?

I've already given up on Conquest. I gave up on GAC a year ago. Then you throw this at us?

I've put a lot of time into this game. I've mentored people. I've built guilds. I've put a lot of effort into helping others with the KAM mission (the single best thing about this game from my perspective).

And so I want you to know exactly what it means when I say that this is pushing me away. If it weren't for the KAM mission, I would already have left, and that's only available 3 days a month. If I didn't stream with others so as to play it multiple times each month, I'm sure I would have left by now.

I've said it before in relation to other events, particularly the BH/Chewbacca event, but forcing players to endure multiple restarts waiting for the right RNG to even make an attempt at an event is the worst sort of game design.

There's a point at which even the KAM mission can't keep me as a player.

You're designing a game that people increasingly don't want to play. How does that make you feel?
  • Just used my BH team on lower level enemies ( g12), get the gold crate and call it a day. Time is better invested else where than wasted on the red crate.
  • DEATHER wrote: »
    2dghpr6ji6bi.png

This team is solution, get payout as soon you can and IK Dash, then its easy, i have undergeared most of them so i needed a lot of tries for right openning. But with relic team its a lot easier.

Took only one attempt with this team after getting crushed with others, thanks! =)
  • JayChey wrote: »
    DEATHER wrote: »
    2dghpr6ji6bi.png

Took only one attempt with this team after getting crushed with others, thanks! =)

Would love to know how this works as I have almost the same gear levels on everyone and I usually have 2 standing when I get my first turn. That's with 324 speed on Jango and 350+ on Bossk.
  • Honestly not that hard - you just need to make your BH fast, and get the contract off so you can nuke dash - then it's all easy after that.
  • Fast is irrelevant. Here's that same team:

x6uw36ci2hfm.png

Only one that doesn't match gear level is Greef. Tell me how that matters in ten seconds?
  • Antario wrote: »
    Just used my BH team on lower level enemies ( g12), get the gold crate and call it a day. Time is better invested else where than wasted on the red crate.

Exactly.

On the Tier X (last one), do the "just win", "3 crits in a row" and "min 1 LS/DS toon" feats by using one of your GL teams. Then go to Tier VI, use a full team of bounty hunters.

You will end up with the second best box.You still will get your omicrons. You can move on with your life and ignore the rest of this GC.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    JayChey wrote: »
    DEATHER wrote: »
    2dghpr6ji6bi.png

Would love to know how this works as I have almost the same gear levels on everyone and I usually have 2 standing when I get my first turn. That's with 324 speed on Jango and 350+ on Bossk.

All RNG…all about who gets stunned off the jump and then what abilities they use, specifically Dash. I got it with R7 Jango lead, R8 Boba, R5 Bossk, R4 Greef and Mando. Jango fastest at 294. Han stunned Mando to start. Dash used his first special to start on Mando. That killed Mando so he revived, no longer stunned. I was able to use Jango’s burn, Bossk taunt, Mando special call Jango on debuffed toon, Bossk call everyone to assist, Boba AOE (have to land AB on Dash), Bossk basic, Greef call everyone to assist, contract done. Use Mando annihilate on Dash, kill Vandor, finish the rest off.

I got it on the third or fourth try to start but then took me another 20 or so tries to replicate it.
  • This is just classic CG.

They don't know how to make anything 'hard' other than just giving the enemies super speed so they all take countless turns before you're allowed too.
  • Golden Chest at 138/155.

This is the way.
  • Simple trash.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    zps17lg4e7ke.jpeg

Took a few attempts for good rng. About 5-6 attempts. Insta kill vandor and the rest are easy
  • this GC isn't about having the right faction, it's all RNG..

Have tried with my r7 Bossk, Aurra, Jango, even my r5 Cam, and etc Leaders and only achieved one Contract in over 10 different attempts..

CG, your game design is terrible
  • This is just stupid. This isn't conquest. They're overprepared X. What a joke. This game is going downhill fast
  • This is the kind of rubbish that tells us you aren't playing these with NORMAL accounts before you release them CG. Seriously, stop creating these events for those 14 mil GP rosters you use to "test" them.

What's next? A GC where we have to face all 6 GL's and win a battle without taking any damage?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Boba AOE (have to land AB on Dash)

Thanks for this tip, it really made a difference and I got the red crate after just a few RNG attempts.
  • Whatelse73
    2147 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Honestly not that hard - you just need to make your BH fast, and get the contract off so you can nuke dash - then it's all easy after that.

I definitely trust any post made by someone with one post!

Wow and they moved this out of general discussion in about 20 minutes. Heaven forbid anyone scanning general discussion see this! lol
  • That tip made a difference?

What, before when you were using Boba you thought, "Nah, I won't use my AoE because preventing opponents from using their specials won't help"?

Seriously, Boba using an AoE is about the most obvious play there is. The question is whether or not Boba and the Mandalorian are even alive after the opening outburst from Dash, et al.
  • go down 1 level to gold crate and save yourself some stress and frustration. CG is incapable of making some just hard and not impossible. They'll configure stuff to be simmed that takes a crap ton of rng or time after awhile (assault battles, raids) but we'll make these GC's just so stupid hard and rng dependent because nobody has the mods to go first against this squad.
  • That tip made a difference?

What, before when you were using Boba you thought, "Nah, I won't use my AoE because preventing opponents from using their specials won't help"?

Seriously, Boba using an AoE is about the most obvious play there is. The question is whether or not Boba and the Mandalorian are even alive after the opening outburst from Dash, et al.

And the fact that if you AOE all 5 of them counter attack is rather troublesome. Funny thing, I didn't know Han and Chewie were part of the prepared team! It's almost as if they added two meta characters and gave them prepared capabilities to make it more stupid! lol
  • for S&G, ran Bossk lead again with Boba, Jango, Mando, and Greef..

lost Boba and Jango, got the Contract and insta killed the rest with Greef healing and clearing debuffs with Bossk taunting..

got all the feats but this all RNG, no strategy nor is it FUN!!!

CG, your game is not engaging nor fun...