Server Maintenance?

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    GaCvet wrote: »
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.
    Even though it was the holidays, I think it's fair to expect that someone from the studio still works in case of emergencies like these and sends out a message to communication about what is going on, instead of leaving us in the dark. Communication is something you guys hopefully improve in 2022.

It was supposed to improve when they hired this guy but umm it didn't unless you are a 4 million gp account on a niche discord where things like this hardly have an impact on your gameplay.

Normally I get accused of only chatting with high GP accounts and whales, so this is a refreshing change of pace.
    How about you address the issue instead of writing snarky replies?

Still no official announcement concerning the issue at hand.

He already said the devs are looking into it. How much more official do you need?
    A post in "Dev Announcements and News" is what I was looking for with more information than "we are looking into it".

so he said they just got in and are looking into things. he dropped a quick post that things are being looked into and you fault that. if he had waited and gotten the "Mouse's" permission to post in the "Dev Announcements" you would have faulted him for waiting instead of just letting us know.

Feels like maybe you are carrying some animosity from his previous post in one of your threads and are just waiting to pounce on him for any perceived slight.

We have a much better engaged community manager than we've had for a while, pls don't run him off.
    No, I think it's good that Doja posted in here but that was too late, given the issue occurred days before. There was no communication when it occured or even shortly after. And by now I think it is fair to have expected some official communication in dev announcements.

It occurred during the holidays, let’s not exclude the context

81vfsi9b8fy2.gif
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.
    Even though it was the holidays, I think it's fair to expect that someone from the studio still works in case of emergencies like these and sends out a message to communication about what is going on, instead of leaving us in the dark. Communication is something you guys hopefully improve in 2022.

It was supposed to improve when they hired this guy but umm it didn't unless you are a 4 million gp account on a niche discord where things like this hardly have an impact on your gameplay.

Normally I get accused of only chatting with high GP accounts and whales, so this is a refreshing change of pace.

He already said the devs are looking into it. How much more official do you need?
    A post in "Dev Announcements and News" is what I was looking for with more information than "we are looking into it".

so he said they just got in and are looking into things. he dropped a quick post that things are being looked into and you fault that. if he had waited and gotten the "Mouse's" permission to post in the "Dev Announcements" you would have faulted him for waiting instead of just letting us know.

Feels like maybe you are carrying some animosity from his previous post in one of your threads and are just waiting to pounce on him for any perceived slight.

We have a much better engaged community manager than we've had for a while, pls don't run him off.
    No, I think it's good that Doja posted in here but that was too late, given the issue occurred days before. There was no communication when it occured or even shortly after. And by now I think it is fair to have expected some official communication in dev announcements.

Sorry his post took one minute to write, promises nothing and sets no timeline for any decision. I respect it was the holidays but that’s the post that should have been written day of or day after while telling us no more information would come before they were back in the office.

The post on the first day back in the office should have set the vague timeline of when a decision would be reached. I mean I guess we should applaud improvement though at least something was acknowledged to have happened. The feat reset last conquest didn’t even merit that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Appreciate they acknowledged the occurrence. I can assure it was not limited to a short period of time, it happened over the course of at least 3 if not 5 hours..multiple times. I don’t want compensation…just don’t want it to happen again.

Why not both?

Because outside of losing a GAC round (albeit a championship round) it didn’t cost me anything outside those few purple crystal gems. Been playing long enough to get over that, as long as it’s not an ongoing situation. They acknowledged the occurrence and are looking into it. Hopefully never happens again. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year…life goes on 👍

Crystals
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    TVF wrote: »
    Xtals

FTFY.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Xtals

FTFY.

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »

Sorry his post took one minute to write, promises nothing and sets no timeline for any decision. I respect it was the holidays but that’s the post that should have been written day of or day after while telling us no more information would come before they were back in the office.

The post on the first day back in the office should have set the vague timeline of when a decision would be reached. I mean I guess we should applaud improvement though at least something was acknowledged to have happened. The feat reset last conquest didn’t even merit that.

so, you're upset that someone on their holiday didn't stop what they were doing to drop you a line of apology for A MOBILE GAME!?!? Go outside, feel the grass, smell the air. GET. A. GRIP. Please don't think your losing a round of GAC constitutes some sort of emergency on their part. It's just a game.

ah but also in context is the fact that CG took crystals out of the daily squad arena and put them into a system that can shoot you a full loss due to one error while also potentially dropping you into a lower league and further increasing your losses dependent on your win / loss that week. they chose to go this direction for their own reasons and should be held accountable to the expectations of the player base when their rewards are affected by issues created by said change and through no fault of the player. just my opinion. they changed it. they need to own the consequences and address the issues that come up due to that change.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • el_mago wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

so, you're upset that someone on their holiday didn't stop what they were doing to drop you a line of apology for A MOBILE GAME!?!? Go outside, feel the grass, smell the air. GET. A. GRIP. Please don't think your losing a round of GAC constitutes some sort of emergency on their part. It's just a game.
    Did you know SWGOH is a multi-million dollar product? EA earns a fortune with it.

Did you know SWGOH is a multi-million dollar product? EA earns a fortune with it.

and it's still just a game, don't let it get to you. enjoy it for what it is, not what you think it should be: that will only lead to disappointment and anger.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

And there are people with less money than you. What's your point?

Lol love the attack. I’m not upset at all. But I call it like I see it. Bad customer service is bad customer service regardless of the reason. Communication with the player base isn’t always convenient. It comes with the job though. No I wasn’t expecting a resolution. It didn’t need to be crumb or doja nor did it need to be more than a token response. I’m amazed how many people are just so willing to accept shoddy treatment from cg because “it’s just a Mobile game.” Just as I’m amazed that cg thinks players won’t close their wallets and just accept decisions that aren’t player friendly.

I’m probably just in the minority though.
  • This feels weird, doesn't CG usually take the Christmas holiday off until February-ish?

Lol love the attack. I’m not upset at all. But I call it like I see it. Bad customer service is bad customer service regardless of the reason. Communication with the player base isn’t always convenient. It comes with the job though. No I wasn’t expecting a resolution. It didn’t need to be crumb or doja nor did it need to be more than a token response. I’m amazed how many people are just so willing to accept shoddy treatment from cg because “it’s just a Mobile game.” Just as I’m amazed that cg thinks players won’t close their wallets and just accept decisions that aren’t player friendly.

no attack, sorry if it came off that way.

The problem is that if you receive "shoddy" CS at an establishment, do you go back? Maybe you do. Give them another chance, maybe it was a bad day, right? Second time, you get the same bad CS. Third try? Probably not. and, yet, you're still playing this game after all the "bad" CS you've gotten. You kind of give up the right to keep complaining cause: 1. Not much reason to improve if i've made a couple billion dollars with the business model. 2. Not much reason for you to expect "better" when you've never gotten it.

Feels like a "fool me once, shame on you. fool me a few hundred more time, shame on me." type of situation.

The problem is that if you receive "shoddy" CS at an establishment, do you go back? Maybe you do. Give them another chance, maybe it was a bad day, right? Second time, you get the same bad CS. Third try? Probably not. and, yet, you're still playing this game after all the "bad" CS you've gotten. You kind of give up the right to keep complaining cause: 1. Not much reason to improve if i've made a couple billion dollars with the business model. 2. Not much reason for you to expect "better" when you've never gotten it.

Feels like a "fool me once, shame on you. fool me a few hundred more time, shame on me." type of situation.

Lol so you’re one of those. Have a good evening thanks for your constructive feedback. I’ll take it under consideration for the appropriate amount of time.

Feels like a "fool me once, shame on you. fool me a few hundred more times, shame on me." type of situation.

Lol so you’re one of those. Have a good evening thanks for your constructive feedback. I’ll take it under consideration for the appropriate amount of time.

thanks, you have a great evening as well. i'm always willing to help those that have a difficult time with their perspective. i'm glad you can accept constructive feedback, most here cannot.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI great communication on the issue. Still no announcement on what you plan to do as make good.
  • Has there been a comment/update on this?
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI great communication on the issue. Still no announcement on what you plan to do as make good.

60p0rj.jpg
  • name123 wrote: »
    Has there been a comment/update on this?
    Of course not. Doja popped in here randomly, saying he is aware of the issue but that was it. No compensation, no post, no nothing. CG seems still on vacation mode.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »
    I guess this isn’t going to be addressed? So my loss in GAC was due to this issue and nothing will be done. Got it.

Believe it or not, some companies give their employees New Year's Day off. And when that falls on a Saturday or Sunday, as it did this year, they will instead give their employees the first Monday after New Year's Day off.

January 10th and still no answer. Guess they’re all still on vacation huh?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

What holiday is on January 2nd?

Sunday

Sunday

A weekend is a holiday now? Hmm. I just thought CG took all of January off. They always seem to vanish every January.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Sunday

A weekend is a holiday now? Hmm. I just thought CG took all of January off. They always seem to vanish every January.

Generally, yes

Its a non-business day, people who work on the weekends aren't usually corporate employees, and CG is a corporation
    I guess this isn’t going to be addressed? So my loss in GAC was due to this issue and nothing will be done. Got it.

Believe it or not, some companies give their employees New Year's Day off. And when that falls on a Saturday or Sunday, as it did this year, they will instead give their employees the first Monday after New Year's Day off.

Seems so. Or they just ignore it until we give up. That's the standard CG approach.
  • Hopefully we can still get a dev answer on what happened. I would hate to see this fall off their radar.
  • Hopefully we can still get a dev answer on what happened. I would hate to see this fall off their radar.

Wait.. It was ON their radar?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Seems so. Or they just ignore it until we give up. That's the standard CG approach.

You happy that you finally got a Dev Announement response :joy:
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

You happy that you finally got a Dev Announement response :joy:
    It's a start but way too late. That announcement should have been posted the day it occurred. Now it's nothing more than a joke.

• Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    So any news on this, or has it been addressed with no further action?
    I've left it for a bit, but losing a GAC round due to 'Server Maintenanace' problems twice in the same round is a tad irksome.
    I would have won if I wasn't for the crashes mid battle.... the cost, 700 crystals.

ijda5emcoxkl.jpg
    19r2pwt5qz9p.jpg

January 13th, and the count goes and goes...