This game makes no sense

HouseSB
7 posts Member
edited January 2022
There is no rhyme or reason to this game! It takes forever to build a descent group of characters and then you go into various challenges in the game with much higher GP ranks or squad ranks and get beat. Even when you use the same squad against the same enemy squad.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    HouseSB wrote: »
    There is no rhyme or reason to this game! It takes forever to build a descent group of characters and then you go into various challenges in the game with much higher GP ranks or squad ranks and get beat. Even when you use the same squad against the same enemy squad.

Sounds about right.
  • Was even worse when TBs were first released and people bloated their GP to get more stars. If I started over with what I know now I'd have a more rounded out roster with a concentration of having geared specific squads
  • HouseSB wrote: »

It's a nearly 7 year old 'F2P' hero collector/resource management game, and is great for what it is. I'm going to assume you're relatively new to the game. Do your dailies. Watch a few farming guides on YouTube and pick a path to pursue, or plan your own. Manage your gear and mods well, only gear characters/use resources when they advance you in your arenas, GAC, etc.

What did you expect? Did you think you'd be able to beat all the ~6 years worth of content within your first year playing without spending money? The game would not still be around if so. If you'd like to advance your pace in the game, you're free to invest in the hyperdrive bundle (best early game value), else enjoy the grind, the development of your teams and rosters, and the experience of SWGOH. The journey is the most rewarding part IMO. If you want explosions and instant gratification without planning/time investing go play a real-time shooter, this game is not that experience.
  • WookieWookie only addressed the speed at which you progress. I have played for 2 years. The problem is the fact that much lower level squads are beating me, even when I use the same squad. For example, I had a 101,200 power Bounty squad that got beat by a 87,340 Bounty squad. That should not happen! This game has a definite Dark side bias. Much lower Dark Revan squads consistently beat my 150,320 Revan squad. The bugs are ridiculously over powered!
  • You clearly do not understand the game mechanics or the different character kits.

* GP is a measure of resource investment, not combat power
    * There are a lot of different Bounty Hunters; which ones you use and how you use them is important
    * Some squads effectively hard counter others because of their respective kits e.g. Darth Revan squads hard counter Jedi Knight Revan
    * Some squads require specific counters e.g. you can't just throw any old squad at Geonosians but certain squads counter them easily and certain characters can solo or duo them if the conditions are right
  • Let's not even begin to look at this guy's mods. If he thinks bugs are OP and GP is meaningful, he likely has CD sets on characters with 30% CC.
  • Let's not even begin to look at this guy's mods. If he thinks bugs are OP and GP is meaningful, he likely has CD sets on characters with 30% CC.
    Or accuracy arrows.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    WookieWookie only addressed the speed at which you progress. I have played for 2 years. The problem is the fact that much lower level squads are beating me, even when I use the same squad. For example, I had a 101,200 power Bounty squad that got beat by a 87,340 Bounty squad. That should not happen! This game has a definite Dark side bias. Much lower Dark Revan squads consistently beat my 150,320 Revan squad. The bugs are ridiculously over powered!

Mods. Mods. Mods. These are key to these kind of battles. Head over to https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/ and review your characters. This will help you a ton.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

HouseSB wrote: »
    This game has a definite Dark side bias.

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47fti3by0pprsn1bmipqxsc46ph89ytvspe2oupci1&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I matched the same bounty hunter characters the opponent had. My JKR and GMY are all blue color mods. The rest of the squad: general Kenobi, Bastilla and Jolee have level 6 mods. 3 out of 4 have speed on the arrow mod. Not sure what I'm missing.
  • Mods are what you’re missing… understanding mods is key to being able to beat teams. That and counters to teams as well.
    I matched the same bounty hunter characters the opponent had. My JKR and GMY are all blue color mods. The rest of the squad: general Kenobi, Bastilla and Jolee have level 6 mods. 3 out of 4 have speed on the arrow mod. Not sure what I'm missing.
    To give you any meaningful help, the community would benefit from your ally code and/or swgoh.gg profile
  • At some point CG decided that "RNG" was the priority and lets RNG determine how things go in the game. Take the executor ship for example and the bogus level of RNG that happens and how often the AI "coincidentally" happens to get a turn JUST before your executor to do the ultimate, even if you're 5-10 turns ahead on the ultimate. But hey, the AI doesn't get any bonus or advantage. Nope, totally doesn't.

the RNG increases in this game exponentially and it's just plain garbage. Even in GAC, RNG is becoming the deciding factor and whoever can clear executor the most efficiently will probably win.

Then you factor in the Galactic Challenges that sometimes are pure RNG as to if you can clear it or not, if you don't have a 10 mil GP account based on the TM loading of the AI and/or the fact they'll take 50 bonus attacks for every attack they do.

Sometimes they might as well just throw a coin on the screen and have you flip it to see if you'll do well that day or not because of how bad it's getting.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    At some point CG decided that "RNG" was the priority and lets RNG determine how things go in the game. Take the executor ship for example and the bogus level of RNG that happens and how often the AI "coincidentally" happens to get a turn JUST before your executor to do the ultimate, even if you're 5-10 turns ahead on the ultimate. But hey, the AI doesn't get any bonus or advantage. Nope, totally doesn't.

the RNG increases in this game exponentially and it's just plain garbage. Even in GAC, RNG is becoming the deciding factor and whoever can clear executor the most efficiently will probably win.

Then you factor in the Galactic Challenges that sometimes are pure RNG as to if you can clear it or not, if you don't have a 10 mil GP account based on the TM loading of the AI and/or the fact they'll take 50 bonus attacks for every attack they do.

Sometimes they might as well just throw a coin on the screen and have you flip it to see if you'll do well that day or not because of how bad it's getting.
    Executor mirrors are far from a coin flip if you know what you are doing.

The AI is predictable, which is in the player’s favour.
    At some point CG decided that "RNG" was the priority and lets RNG determine how things go in the game. Take the executor ship for example and the bogus level of RNG that happens and how often the AI "coincidentally" happens to get a turn JUST before your executor to do the ultimate, even if you're 5-10 turns ahead on the ultimate. But hey, the AI doesn't get any bonus or advantage. Nope, totally doesn't.

I hear what you're saying, but even Xaereth and Bitdynasty have videos talking about the RNG of it. And the fact that I have to take mods off characters to win at a higher percentage is just dumb. It's weak zombie all over again. The AI also likes to go on "dodge" trains that players don't get to experience. I've never had one of my ships dodged 10 times in a row on offense, but the AI's done it to me multiple times. Again, RNG or the AI getting an advantage we don't have as players.

Since we lock our rosters in for GAC and TW now, it's not such a good idea to pull mods off to win more efficiently with ships since that makes the characters useless.
    I matched the same bounty hunter characters the opponent had. My JKR and GMY are all blue color mods. The rest of the squad: general Kenobi, Bastilla and Jolee have level 6 mods. 3 out of 4 have speed on the arrow mod. Not sure what I'm missing.

You appear to be lacking a lot of understanding about mods. "Blue color mods" is about the least possible amount of information that you could give and shows they are likely your problem.
  • Where is all this Mod info in the game. From some comments I'm supposed to switch Mods around? I assigned Mods to my players and played. I figured out that Speed Mods are important, so I assigned them when I found them or earned them. This is the first time I have ever really visited the forums.
  • Also, what is RNG? Everyone talks in abbreviations. It's like texting with a young person! The last video game I played was Age of Empires. Things were fine until a certain level. Now I'm just spinning my wheels.
  • Random number generation
  • Thanks chpMinisolo_77
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I hear what you're saying, but even Xaereth and Bitdynasty have videos talking about the RNG of it. And the fact that I have to take mods off characters to win at a higher percentage is just dumb. It's weak zombie all over again. The AI also likes to go on "dodge" trains that players don't get to experience. I've never had one of my ships dodged 10 times in a row on offense, but the AI's done it to me multiple times. Again, RNG or the AI getting an advantage we don't have as players.

Since we lock our rosters in for GAC and TW now, it's not such a good idea to pull mods off to win more efficiently with ships since that makes the characters useless.

I kept track and in my last 40 Exec mirrors I lost 3 of them. And 1 of those was absolutely my fault as I forgot to reapply chaff with Ebon Hawk when it had expired on XB, HT.

Check my swgoh.gg for mods. All my pilots are modded, and I never take any of them off.