Boba Fett Potential Galactic Legend

Prev13
I think Boba Fett will be the next GL because
1. referred to in the book of boba as Lord Fett (GL worthy name)
2. No Bounty Hunter/Scoundrel GL (who better than a Fett)
3. Scion of Jango was released after boba claimed the throne and repainted his armour (weird, but a sign Scion of Jango was designed for territory war)
4. There is no Revan equivalent leader for a scoundrel/BH, especially as Mando series is popping and boba beginning.
5. Because scion of jango was a conquest character they will not release another boba lower than that so will be at least equal in difficulty to acquire or a GL.
6. Synergies, Lord Fett would a GL worthy link to Bounty hunter clan (boss etc), Gamorrean guard and tusked (long awaited buff, Mando and fennec.

Now, if he is a GL I personally think these will be the required characters for this event

Bossk, Dengar, IG88, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Gamorrean Guard, Tuskan Sharman (or new tuskan), Mando beskar, Slave 1, Fennec and series related characters not yet seen.

These are just some thoughts, love to hear comments

Replies

• i think next conquest toon might give hint to next GL, i'll be shocked if next GL is not sith/jedi/ufu.
  • Oh I can't wait; a gl who spends half his turns tripping on nose lizards and the other half in a bacta tank lol
  • I don't know if this will happen, but I would love it if it did. Your idea is solid as it would focus on relatively unused characters (Gammorean Guard, maybe Mob Enforcer, the existing Tuskans) while adding new characters that we've seen from the show.

I've enjoyed the Gammoreans on the show and would be very interested in a new Tuskan.

Bounty hunter/scoundrel/Tuskan synnergy?

I would shell out some bucks for this one.
  • I'm expecting the next GL to be Mandalore Din. He's got the darksaber, he's got a cruiser now, and a group of mandalorians that just might follow him, and guide him in uniting thier people.
  • Magnar wrote: »
    I'm expecting the next GL to be Mandalore Din. He's got the darksaber, he's got a cruiser now, and a group of mandalorians that just might follow him, and guide him in uniting thier people.

Yeah, honestly a third Mando is a better option than a third Boba

Also, Boba Fat is alredy a "GL" on TW terms, so no sense on adding another GL to that lol
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    Fett makes sense for the dark side GL. Mando could be the lightside one, or possibly a new Ahsoka based on her show. Whatever they choose, I hope they are at least six months off. I still need Kenobi and Vader which will probably take me that amount of time to finish.
  • Galactic legend Darth Bane
  • idk i think the best GL for BH/scoundrels would be Jabba.
    and technically SoJ is the boba currently from his show/Mandalorian from what I understand so I doubt they will give him another version without a radical change, especially since SoJ is already the second-highest character unlock level. (at least to me there are the second highest)
  • Galactic legend fat Bib Fortuna
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    We dont need a gl necessarily that is of a certain faction. I think theres lots of legends characters that can be gls I say let's see I'd cg can get creative and have a fun gl
  • Two things I agree with so far in this thread:

GL Jabba
    We need six more months before the next GL

• Natgmn wrote: »
    We dont need a gl necessarily that is of a certain faction. I think theres lots of legends characters that can be gls I say let's see I'd cg can get creative and have a fun gl

I don't know...cg being creative created CQ... :)
  • I'm on board with OP. I want the BoB Boba Fett so badly, and he would be a far better GL than Jabba imo. I think might actually have to become a whale if we do get GL Boba. Also a non force using GL would be great.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I'm on board with OP. I want the BoB Boba Fett so badly, and he would be a far better GL than Jabba imo. I think might actually have to become a whale if we do get GL Boba. Also a non force using GL would be great.

No spoilers but it is possible for both of them to come as the next 2 GLs.
  • Rumour has it that Boba will ride a very special mount at some point. That would be an amazing summon character for a GL!
  • He is not GL worthy.

To get one thing out of the way, some have been calling for, much as I and many like spin offs I think GLs are likely to come from the films. I.e. NOT Thrawn etc.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)
    Lord Vader (prequel trilogy)

Note, all films, no original trilogy.

No legends, no cartoons, no comics, no weird offline random anything, all stuff people who only go to cinemas would have seen.

What is weird ARE NO original trilogy GLs.

Leia, Han (like yeah, many already), Chewie, R2D2, Luke, others).

I dunno what is in CG's heads but if you want a LEGEND then it has to mean something to mass market and that means films and so far original trilogy is somewhat missing.

Luke, Leia, R2, C3P0, Chewie LS
    Vader (as proper OG vader) DS.

Maybe I am wrong, not first time, but I think GLs should be film related. Not everyone has Disney+ and many, many do not know outside easy lore. A GL should appeal to all.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

To get one thing out of the way, some have been calling for, much as I and many like spin offs I think GLs are likely to come from the films. I.e. NOT Thrawn etc.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

No legends, no cartoons, no comics, no weird offline random anything, all stuff people who only go to cinemas would have seen.

I dunno what is in CG's heads but if you want a LEGEND then it has to mean something to mass market and that means films and so far original trilogy is somewhat missing.

Maybe I am wrong, not first time, but I think GLs should be film related. Not everyone has Disney+ and many, many do not know outside easy lore. A GL should appeal to all.

I'm not being funny, but there's not a Star Wars fan alive who doesn't know who Boba Fett is, regardless of whether they like him. And there is more to Star Wars than just the movies. Heck, the prequels are terrible yet there's two GLs from them. There's all the Disney+ shows coming out and the long comic runs. Boba may not have a lot of screen time in the films, but in the comics he has a much bigger impact.
  • 1 major problem there chief, they cant monitize that, everyone that is serious about this game has aleady reliced, boba, bossk, jango, dengar, ig, mando, not much option of monitizing you see.

Now you add in 2 mandalorians that were tagging along with bo katan, you add paz vizla (the guy with minigun and jet back) mayfield, koska reevs, lang, that imperial officer the one from the ship take over, the HK assassin droid, and all of a sudden lots of money to be made if we get a mando GL with dark saber
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    thomssi wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

I'm not being funny, but there's not a Star Wars fan alive who doesn't know who Boba Fett is, regardless of whether they like him. And there is more to Star Wars than just the movies. Heck, the prequels are terrible yet there's two GLs from them. There's all the Disney+ shows coming out and the long comic runs. Boba may not have a lot of screen time in the films, but in the comics he has a much bigger impact.

You have not disagreed with a thing I said though.....

Still, it is weird there are no GLs from original trilogy. LS is harder than DS but Vader is obvious then others but still plenty left LS.

I don't object to others, just so far all have been film major characters and main meaning main story arc (which Boba is not). Jabba would be an obvious one though I guess figuring out how to implement would be interesting but still.
  • 1 major problem there chief, they cant monitize that, everyone that is serious about this game has aleady reliced, boba, bossk, jango, dengar, ig, mando, not much option of monitizing you see.

relic 9 and the eventual relic 10 would like to have a word about it not being very monitizable
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

The prequels are terrible? C'mon guy. You could say the sequels are hot garbage and they have 4 GLs but the prequels especially ROTS which is what the GLs are from are great. ROTS is probably the best Star Wars movie ever. They should do 2 more GLs from it or that time frame like clone wars, Yoda and Dooku or Grievous would work.
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

Still, it is weird there are no GLs from original trilogy. LS is harder than DS but Vader is obvious then others but still plenty left LS.

I don't object to others, just so far all have been film major characters and main meaning main story arc (which Boba is not). Jabba would be an obvious one though I guess figuring out how to implement would be interesting but still.

You said GLs should only come from the films. If that is true then there's essentially no real GLs left. What did Jabba actually do other than stick his tongue out as he choked to death? There's already a GL for Luke, Vader even if they are the wrong ones. There's too many Solo's and Chewies already.

I see people mention Snoke as GL worthy and he is just SEEs sock puppet. If we are to assume all main groups should have GLs then there is a massive Scoundrel-shaped hole. Boba DS and Mando LS would be a great way to fill it and appeal to newer fans through shows like The Mandalorian and BoBF.

Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily have no more GLs. But I really don't see why the only GLs should be force users. OG Leia, Han and Chewie are all worthy of that status, as is the original Emperor.
  • BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

The prequels are terrible? C'mon guy. You could say the sequels are hot garbage and they have 4 GLs but the prequels especially ROTS which is what the GLs are from are great. ROTS is probably the best Star Wars movie ever. They should do 2 more GLs from it or that time frame like clone wars, Yoda and Dooku or Grievous would work.

1. ROTS is not the greatest Star Wars movie ever. The most iconic scene in the entire series belongs to ESB when Luke confronts Vader and learns about who he is.
    2. How big is the age gap between tiny Anakin and Padme in Phantom Menace?
    3. Great effects, terrible script with wooden acting.
    4. Jar-Jar Binks says hi. Hands down, the worst character ever invented.

I will give you Mace Windu, Jango and some excellent villains.
  • Let's get crazy and bring Valkorion/Vitiate in as a GL and a whole host of supporting characters from SWTOR. not only is Valkorion easily SEE level but only Drevan is an existing character in game that encountered Vitiate.

I still expect Mando GL, next though.
    Let's get crazy and bring Valkorion/Vitiate in as a GL and a whole host of supporting characters from SWTOR. not only is Valkorion easily SEE level but only Drevan is an existing character in game that encountered Vitiate.

My big bet (on a personal level), is that they’re building a Star Wars version of the MCU, sort of. Mando, BoB, and Ahsoka will all merge into one big crossover where they fight Thrawn.

My bet is a GL Thrawn and a light side GL (something from the other three).
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

You said GLs should only come from the films. If that is true then there's essentially no real GLs left. What did Jabba actually do other than stick his tongue out as he choked to death? There's already a GL for Luke, Vader even if they are the wrong ones. There's too many Solo's and Chewies already.

I see people mention Snoke as GL worthy and he is just SEEs sock puppet. If we are to assume all main groups should have GLs then there is a massive Scoundrel-shaped hole. Boba DS and Mando LS would be a great way to fill it and appeal to newer fans through shows like The Mandalorian and BoBF.

Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily have no more GLs. But I really don't see why the only GLs should be force users. OG Leia, Han and Chewie are all worthy of that status, as is the original Emperor.

I'd like to point out that BoB isn't looking DS to me at all, have you watched the show??
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
    Let's get crazy and bring Valkorion/Vitiate in as a GL and a whole host of supporting characters from SWTOR. not only is Valkorion easily SEE level but only Drevan is an existing character in game that encountered Vitiate.

That would be so cool, as much as I’m a boba fan if they were to bring in at Arcann thexan vaylin alongside valkorian, I would defo switch teams.

Tbh I can’t see thrown being a gl not as LVader being empire already and still the most recent gl. I got a feeling that mace windu may make a return in either obiwan or ahsoka and will be the perfect counter for boba.

• WD_40
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    BuddyGuy88 wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

2. How big is the age gap between tiny Anakin and Padme in Phantom Menace?

Canonically, 5 years. It just looks really bad bc they first met when Ani was 9, but then they don't see each other for a DECADE. No romantic encounters happen until he's 19 and she's 24, which is totally fine.

Personally, I think the prequels are better than people give them credit for. I agree the dialogue (especially romantic dialogue) is terrible, but the world-building and politics are better in the prequels than the originals

More on topic though, I think Mandalore Din from upcoming season 3 of Mando and Thrawn from Ahsoka have great potential, or as always Jabba as a scoundrel GL. Animating Jabba to only fill one character slot on-screen though would be challenging