Why pick terrible teams for feats?

Prev1
So far the longer conquest goes the worse it gets. One of the biggest gripes I have right now is they pick terrible teams for feats. My rebel fighters can barely win anything at 100%. Once they are at 90% it’s impossible to win anything else which drags on the feat longer.

Smuggler team the same things most smugglers are garbage. Boba fett and Han Solo have absolutely no synergy. Conquest could be a lot better if decisions like these were not made.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You know why
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    They want to reward players with bigger rosters. You know what you must do to get a bigger roster, do you have the “strength” to do it?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    So far the longer conquest goes the worse it gets. One of the biggest gripes I have right now is they pick terrible teams for feats. My rebel fighters can barely win anything at 100%. Once they are at 90% it’s impossible to win anything else which drags on the feat longer.

Smuggler team the same things most smugglers are garbage. Boba fett and Han Solo have absolutely no synergy. Conquest could be a lot better if decisions like these were not made.
    The feat doesn’t need you to run a whole team of Rebel fighters, by the way.

There are team lineups that allow you to get that feat with just a single rebel fighter unit
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    They want to reward players with bigger rosters. You know what you must do to get a bigger roster, do you have the “strength” to do it?
    *Cough* credit score says nooooo.
  • Because the initial conquests were too heavy on the fun and too low on the crystal spending. Each successive series of conquests has had harder and more tedious feats, worse data discs, and more 'overpreppared' to the point where when I need to win with X team Y times it's often easier to take them against a boss or mini boss because they generally don't have anywhere near as strong of buffs as overpreppared. More frustration and absurd (and annoyingly unknown) speed on enemy teams leads to more *cough cough* engagement.
  • Tusken raider feat confirmed
  • Often on here people say disks are worse and teams are terrible but with the correct disks and the right composition of team a lot of feats can be achieved with under strength teams. I have completed feats using 3* characters for example with no trouble and far from 100% stamina
  • Because God forbid in a game with over 200 characters they should dare to challenge you to use 5 of them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Im going to agree and disagree with the original post so lets all get back to the original point. Im not sure if hes on easy, normal or hard but i expect its not hard. Conquest will test rosters and that i think is a great thing because it challenges those who just have accounts that do the mundane same toons etc etc. This game with over 140 characters has about 100 wasted.

Now, the feats, if i believe to be what is meant here is directly related to certain characters, just look at what Disney is planning. Its not major maths to realise that conquest is promoting characters that will tie in with certain upcoming events or series.

And here is the crunch, the game expects you have them. Why? As i said the game has a multitude of characters but again the game dictates what you need. Its like the developers over, what 6 years, assume, people have these toons. The feats should be faction based at minimum, not character based. Give people a chance to achieve, at same time give people a focus so for next conquest they can at least try to up that character. This conquest or maybe now recurring is all about bounty hunters and tbh we arent daft, its to do with the disney releases

• I'm winning battles with my rebel fighters, but 'm using dots and thermal detonator discs so I don't get credit for the kills, that is by far the most frustrating thing about the feats, using the mechanic to make conquest fun (discs) prevents you progressing conquest.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    Often on here people say disks are worse and teams are terrible but with the correct disks and the right composition of team a lot of feats can be achieved with under strength teams. I have completed feats using 3* characters for example with no trouble and far from 100% stamina

The problem, as many have mentioned in previous threads, is that using the thermals strategy to win will allow you to complete the "win X battles with Y team" feats, but 'steals' a lot of kills from the "defeat A enemies with B faction," and stamina is so tight, even with all the 50 crystal refreshes, that most players not getting the $30 battle pass cannot afford to swaps discs between fights, nor is the disc RNG (and uniqueness issue) conducive to getting ahold of both a vitality/ZA setup as well as a thermals setup to swap between. Thus most F2P'rs going for the red crate have to hope and pray for vitality/ZA discs, and complete both types of feats with that setup, which means most other data discs that show up are 'dead' and the 'strategy' of conquest isn't so much a strategy, but more of praying for RNG on discs and remodding the majority of your roster every 3 months for teams required in that series of conquests.

As F2P I've done it so far and even red crate'd each of conquest 10-11, on the way to 12 as well, but the monotony and time investment for what feels like "spend more crystals, but with extra steps" is causing me to burnout and question whether I want to continue playing the game. I, and I would guess many others, would much prefer they just allow us to pay 2,100 crystals (3*50 crystal refresh * 14 days) to just enjoy Conquest 1, heck, I'd even pay double that for the time/fun difference between the two experiences. If they wanted to just milk crystals out of us, they could at least allow us the option of making it a more enjoyable process.

EDIT: @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI if the second paragraph (doubling the expected crystal expenditure to allow players to play the first season of Conquest 1) would indeed be profitable, has been brought up to the dev team/bean counters?
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    did they fix ZA then? last i heard it was only applying on the first attack
  • Mohrg wrote: »
    did they fix ZA then? last i heard it was only applying on the first attack

Yes ZA seems to be WAI; my echo is assisting for 100k+, as is my Cad Bane via Bossk's swarm attack.
  • Because the initial conquests were too heavy on the fun and too low on the crystal spending.

Each successive series of conquests has had harder and more tedious feats, worse data discs, and more 'overpreppared' to the point where when I need to win with X team Y times it's often easier to take them against a boss or mini boss because they generally don't have anywhere near as strong of buffs as overpreppared.

More frustration and absurd (and annoyingly unknown) speed on enemy teams leads to more *cough cough* engagement.
  • The kills feats are pretty easy actually, I've found it the after experimenting

You just need RNG to collect the following, oh, also you need Wat and his zeta, the rest is non important

- Initial Frenzy Tech, the more you can collect, the better, if everything goes flawless, you'll only need one for everything (yes, for over the 200 kills in total across all the sectors) but hey, better have more just in case something go wrong, right?
    - Amplify Agony + Volatile Accelerator disks; your teams even at low gear, will blow the enemies away
    - What teams to fight? Any can work, I recommend fighting Imp Troopers, because they can get you 7 kills in one fight, the second best option are BH with both Boba and Jango

So... what is the strategy? Put your entire team who needs to get kills alongside with Wat and activate that Frenzy Tech, use any special with Wat and voila, your entire team goes first, kill all the enemies EXCEPT for one, let the battle times out, I know, is boring and time consuming, but if you time out (or lose) you don't lose either stamina, or the tech uses

That's how I've been doing it the last two conquest and this third one won't be different
    Another final and IMPORTANT tip, do this after you're done with the rest of the battles or feats in which you need to complete the battles, otherwise, you will waste those Frenzy Tech uses
  • Initial Tether Tech is also clutch, if you're low on GL or don't have Wat.

Ability Block out of the gate usually lets you get ahead. I always make sure I buy one or two for conquest currency when I see them.
  • I have 5 GLs and JMK struggles against an old republic team. I’ve lost plenty of times with a full JMK team to old republic at 100% stamina. That honestly is a disgrace to all the work I put into him. If they really want to make these teams really hard to beat then they need to make it shorter. I spend more time redoing my battles because I lose against tuskens, Ewoks, and old republic with GLs.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    I have 5 GLs and JMK struggles against an old republic team. I’ve lost plenty of times with a full JMK team to old republic at 100% stamina. That honestly is a disgrace to all the work I put into him. If they really want to make these teams really hard to beat then they need to make it shorter. I spend more time redoing my battles because I lose against tuskens, Ewoks, and old republic with GLs.

You are doing something very wrong unfortunately. Maybe several things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    I have 5 GLs and JMK struggles against an old republic team. I’ve lost plenty of times with a full JMK team to old republic at 100% stamina. That honestly is a disgrace to all the work I put into him. If they really want to make these teams really hard to beat then they need to make it shorter. I spend more time redoing my battles because I lose against tuskens, Ewoks, and old republic with GLs.

Emmm... I think something is wrong there...

I've JMK, no ulti, and even at 60% stamina, OR teams are a breeze

Team composition being JMK, GK, CAT, AT and GAS

Either you're lying, or not playing the right team

Try not using auto
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2022

I have to say I'm impressed. I don't think I could do that if I tried. I had a math teacher who used to promise that if you could get a 0% on a multiple choice test, he would give you a 100% (obviously, the consequences for narrowly missing were severe). You should see if CG will give you an honorary red crate due to your impressive fail.
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Remember this? Conquest was supposed to be a game mode where you can use your whole roster.

lr4lnvhrx2v6.jpeg

• Ah, well that's the problem--most people on the forum have really awful rosters. A mile wide but only an inch deep. Ask them to put together a team of Rebel Fighters and they'll be able to do the ones needed to get Luke and that's it. No Pao, no Scout, no Cara.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You know why

Because smugglers are the best and we should all have them maxed out?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »

I have to say I'm impressed. I don't think I could do that if I tried. I had a math teacher who used to promise that if you could get a 0% on a multiple choice test, he would give you a 100% (obviously, the consequences for narrowly missing were severe). You should see if CG will give you an honorary red crate due to your impressive fail.

It's actually very possible to get a 0 on a multiple choice test. Just know all the answers and mark the wrong ones. Much simpler than one usually thinks.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ah, well that's the problem--most people on the forum have really awful rosters. A mile wide but only an inch deep. Ask them to put together a team of Rebel Fighters and they'll be able to do the ones needed to get Luke and that's it. No Pao, no Scout, no Cara.

And then you’ll critique those same people that have Rebel Fighters up for focusing on the wrong faction/team.

You know it is possible to say that CG does the wrong things sometimes. Plenty of examples in conquest :)
  • Wadthebad wrote: »
    Tusken raider feat confirmed

Jawas for sector 5