CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
t6i1ct1naa9q.gif

UNIT NAME: Iden Versio
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Empire, Imperial Trooper
Tenacious Empire Attacker who expertly takes out foes while supporting her squad.

ABILITIES:

Basic: TAKE THEM DOWN
9asnix8272d7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If no other allies have the Leader tag, Iden deals damage two more times. For each critical hit, Iden recovers 5% Health and Protection.

Special 1: PUSH FORWARD (Cooldown 2)
mvpuozv66qju.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Vulnerable for 2 turns. Dispel all buffs on target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns and Stun for 1 turn. These effects can't be resisted by Rebel enemies. If no other allies have the Leader tag, call all other non-Droid Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 20% less damage.

Special 2: WE CAN GRIEVE LATER (Cooldown 4)
wkk9xt8iwqz0.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Imperial Trooper allies. Iden gains Protection Up (100%) for 2 turns, and all other Imperial Trooper allies gain Protection Up (50%). Imperial Trooper allies recover 35% Protection.

If no other allies have the Leader tag, all non-Droid Imperial Trooper allies gain We Adapt, Or Die for 3 turns, which can't be copied.

We Adapt, Or Die: +30% Critical Chance, +30% Offense, and +30 Speed; revive with 70% Health when defeated; if dispelled, recover 80% Health, gain 80% Turn Meter, and can't be critically hit for 2 turns

Leader: EXACTLY AS PLANNED
FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Imperial Trooper allies have +35% Critical Chance, +35% Offense, and +35 Speed.

At the start of battle, if no other allies have the Leader tag, whenever a non-Droid Imperial Trooper ally attacks out of turn, they gain 2% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter, Critical Damage Up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter, have +100% counter chance, and while enemies are Vulnerable, they have -25% Speed.

While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle, if no other allies have the Leader tag, Imperial Trooper allies also gain 35% Max Health and Max Protection, and whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, Imperial Trooper allies recover 20% Health and Protection and gain 10% Turn Meter.

Unique: FIRST IN, LAST OUT
FINAL TEXT (ZETA): If no other allies have the Leader tag, and all allies are non-Droid Imperial Troopers, Iden gains 100% Turn Meter at the start of each encounter, and whenever she is defeated she revives with 100% Health and Protection if there is another active Imperial Trooper ally.

While Iden has Protection Up, she has +30% Potency. While she is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Offense.

Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    8jqhuehdm6a1.png
  • nice
    RyanFitz
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Looks awesome. Can't wait to use in her with some Troopers.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    This looks amazing.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Sounds a little like zombie for Troopers, except no taunt.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Very interesting - I didn't see it anywhere, but I assume this is a Marquee? Also interesting how her full name is "Inferno Squad" - do we expect a rebel version of her to come out too??
  • Loadage wrote: »
    Very interesting - I didn't see it anywhere, but I assume this is a Marquee? Also interesting how her full name is "Inferno Squad" - do we expect a rebel version of her to come out too??

Apparently, the official name is simply "Iden Versio"
    I added the "(Inferno Squad)" bit after reading some notes on the design page referencing the inspiration of the character kit.

I've since updated the posts to remove the (Inferno Squad)" from her title.
  • Thanks for the response!
  • At first glance her kit looks absolutely bonkers. But then I realized she’s useless when teamed up with Piett, Veers and/or Gideon, making her quite balanced afterall. Definitely an interesting kit, but not really sure if we needed a character like this?
  • I'm sure the theory crafters will come up with something, but there seem to be a lot of OOTA tidbits to her kit. Does any IT that isn't part of the current core IT squad have the ability to create OOTAs?
  • Unique 2 but no Unique 1 ? Typo or a skill is missing ?
  • HandSolo93 wrote: »
    At first glance her kit looks absolutely bonkers. But then I realized she’s useless when teamed up with Piett, Veers and/or Gideon, making her quite balanced afterall. Definitely an interesting kit, but not really sure if we needed a character like this?

Not just them, but Dark Trooper too (since you also can't really use Droid ITs). It's gonna be interesting to see what team the community comes up with for her.
  • I'm sure the theory crafters will come up with something, but there seem to be a lot of OOTA tidbits to her kit. Does any IT that isn't part of the current core IT squad have the ability to create OOTAs?

The biggest one I can think of is Range Trooper.

The biggest one I can think of is Range Trooper.

Who is not considered a flex spot in the current IT lineup. My prediction is that she becomes best in slot 5th under the current IT squad. But I hope I'm wrong :)

Her two turn CD special does OOTAs. Ranged Trooper is the only other one and, although that's part of the core squad, Veers, Piett, Starck, Death, and Gideon have been performing on par with V, P, S, G, and Ranged in the current GAC season (although in much smaller numbers) so that could be a viable swap going forward.
    At first glance her kit looks absolutely bonkers. But then I realized she’s useless when teamed up with Piett, Veers and/or Gideon, making her quite balanced afterall. Definitely an interesting kit, but not really sure if we needed a character like this?

Not just them, but Dark Trooper too (since you also can't really use Droid ITs). It's gonna be interesting to see what team the community comes up with for her.

By the looks of it they will likely be a defensive team comprised of annoying, tanky troopers. Or as a counter to MM/Geos with the omicron. I hardly think she can take on meta teams
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    HandSolo93 wrote: »

She makes 4 of your unused troopers really strong defensive GAC squad (offense too), one toon enhancing other 4 is always good, and the more variety in your GAC squads, the more flexible you can be

I think its a great addition, like Dash Rendar boosted Qira, YOLO etc back into meta
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Dianora wrote: »
    I'm sure the theory crafters will come up with something, but there seem to be a lot of OOTA tidbits to her kit. Does any IT that isn't part of the current core IT squad have the ability to create OOTAs?

Her two turn CD special does OOTAs. Ranged Trooper is the only other one and, although that's part of the core squad, Veers, Piett, Starck, Death, and Gideon have been performing on par with V, P, S, G, and Ranged in the current GAC season (although in much smaller numbers) so that could be a viable swap going forward.

Missed that on her special. That coupled with her 100% TM start and auto revive... yeah... seems like she could be a pain in GAC without Range.

Regarding Range, it depends on the size of the fish you take down with your IT.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Sounds a little like zombie for Troopers, except no taunt.

yeah biggest difference is that the revive can be prevented unlike zombies

So annihilate, execute etc type abilities work on her
  • Ultra wrote: »
    HandSolo93 wrote: »

She makes 4 of your unused troopers really strong defensive GAC squad (offense too), one toon enhancing other 4 is always good, and the more variety in your GAC squads, the more flexible you can be

I think its a great addition, like Dash Rendar boosted Qira, YOLO etc back into meta

Yes, absolutely, it’s great if she can make unused characters viable. The question that remains is if they can compete in the current meta. Unused troopers are unused for a reason, so they’d have to get buffed quite a lot in order to replace some of the usual teams currently used in GAC.

My prediction is they will at best become sort of an annoying timeout squad, where it’s pretty much a game of whack-a-mole unless you can bring someone that prevents revives.

well the empire needed a character that removes debuffs, its better than nothing, plus it probably be very useful if you play it with the right cards
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I think another benefit of Iden could be increasing the damage of Troopers in CPIT. Her passive of 30% Offense to Troopers should stack really really well with Emperor's Trap. Not saying it will add all that much, but it could be a nice boost.
  • I wonder how her IT squad would do against full CLS comps, they are a common defense team in GAC, and having her countering it could free some other teams. Same for MM teams, with Kyle Katarn they are becoming a little more of a challenge, her kit seem to counter OOTAs but one thing is on paper...
  • I really just wanted a 5th Imperial Remnant to round out Gideons squad. Maybe Range goes with Gideon now and Veers Starck Piett snow magma? XD

I dunno. Im not sure Imps really needed this particular character.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    Granolo wrote: »
    I wonder how her IT squad would do against full CLS comps, they are a common defense team in GAC, and having her countering it could free some other teams. Same for MM teams, with Kyle Katarn they are becoming a little more of a challenge, her kit seem to counter OOTAs but one thing is on paper...

OOTA + Rebels means she has a good chance of beating both teams, her starting at 100% TM and stunning Kyle Katarn might introduce a stress free counter to MM + KK teams on defense which are meta

You prob need her omicron though to beat MM teams
  • Conquest new toon ?
  • This kit is CRACKED. Quite excited, she deserves to be as amazing as this currently seems.
  • After gideon take some remnant troopers away, iden steps in and save other regular troopers.
  • I was hoping for the rest of her squad. Seyn, Del and Hask. But I can settle for this, nonetheless it's great to finally see her in the game.