Why pick terrible teams for feats?

2Next

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ah, well that's the problem--most people on the forum have really awful rosters. A mile wide but only an inch deep. Ask them to put together a team of Rebel Fighters and they'll be able to do the ones needed to get Luke and that's it. No Pao, no Scout, no Cara.

And then you’ll critique those same people that have Rebel Fighters up for focusing on the wrong faction/team.

You know it is possible to say that CG does the wrong things sometimes. Plenty of examples in conquest :)

I don't critique people for focusing on the wrong thing. Don't project that onto me. I actively encourage people to work on jawas and other weird teams. I used to talk all the time about how fun Cody Clones was--at least until Shaak Ti came out because she did the same thing and was just as fun. The purpose of the game is to collect characters, I've said it before that this is Pokemon with laser swords. I've also said that since the beginning they've been looking for ways to encourage people to not just make one team and ride it out--assault battles, raid bonuses, TW bonuses (RIP), tournaments, mod battles, and on and on throughout the history of the game. More importantly, there are those of us who HAVE been doing this for years and we're constantly dumped on by the min-maxers and any time something comes around that rewards us for having that "useless" team the great hue and cry from the forum is "This event sucks because I can't do it, they're just trying to steal my money" when I, and many others, were able to do it without spending--we just built an extra team for fun.

Fun, remember? The reason people play video games? Fun? Not the band, that's Fun. with a period at the end. If you're not having fun go do something else, no one is keeping you tethered to this game that's daring to ask you to work on a team that isn't Sith.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    I have 5 GLs and JMK struggles against an old republic team. I’ve lost plenty of times with a full JMK team to old republic at 100% stamina. That honestly is a disgrace to all the work I put into him. If they really want to make these teams really hard to beat then they need to make it shorter. I spend more time redoing my battles because I lose against tuskens, Ewoks, and old republic with GLs.

But that is in-part where Conquest is supposed to set apart good players from bad. It expects you to think about the mechanics, specifically modifiers. I autoplay almost every single battle because I pick smart counters. I think I have lost 3 battles this Conquest and I am halfway through sector 5. Right disks, right counters = autoplay.
    Why pick terrible teams for feats?

CG:
    yrbnulbpcl331.jpg?auto=webp&s=d6fb3a0a35347478e6e2f38fbaad6a38f325f3b5
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Boba fett and Han Solo have absolutely no synergy. Conquest could be a lot better if decisions like these were not made.

Absolutely no synergy at all ... Not counting the fact that both are scoundrels and Boba Fett's lead gives all scoundrels a bonus to critical damage and chance ... But yes, no synergy what so ever!
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    Boba fett and Han Solo have absolutely no synergy. Conquest could be a lot better if decisions like these were not made.

Absolutely no synergy at all ... Not counting the fact that both are scoundrels and Boba Fett's lead gives all scoundrels a bonus to critical damage and chance ... But yes, no synergy what so ever!

Don’t forget the synergy that discs overlay—Han’s a fast attacker that hits twice with each shot, one Hyperaccelerator and his target is now loaded with debuff’s for Boba’s rocket.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    I have 5 GLs and JMK struggles against an old republic team. I’ve lost plenty of times with a full JMK team to old republic at 100% stamina. That honestly is a disgrace to all the work I put into him. If they really want to make these teams really hard to beat then they need to make it shorter. I spend more time redoing my battles because I lose against tuskens, Ewoks, and old republic with GLs.

Try not using auto

I’m not using auto. Granite it takes a while to kill the team but I get one turn in then canderous proceeds to take turn after turn till everyone is dead. It’s mainly old republic teams I can’t beat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Try not using auto

I’m not using auto.

I wouldn't have admitted that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Try not using auto

I’m not using auto. Granite it takes a while to kill the team but I get one turn in then canderous proceeds to take turn after turn till everyone is dead. It’s mainly old republic teams I can’t beat.

Try using CLS to beat those teams, targeting Canderous first. Also First Order with Hux should block Candy's TM gains.

If you're still stuck, throw Initial Tether Tech on and ability block them right out of the gate to get past their node.

Try not using auto

Care to share your swgoh.gg info? It may be your mods. Also, what team are you using?

Try not using auto

Care to share your swgoh.gg info? It may be your mods. Also, what team are you using?

https://swgoh.gg/p/996181579
  • it is called testing the depth of your roster. Budgie Smugglers with Dash are an awesome team, and if you have the first set up with the cards. Dash can easily lead them to 40 wins
  • it is called testing the depth of your roster. Budgie Smugglers with Dash are an awesome team, and if you have the first set up with the cards. Dash can easily lead them to 40 wins

Are you using gear 11 dash? Anything higher would require me to whale on him and I’m not whaling on dash just for conquest.
  • If you have Booming Voice, just put Han in the leader slot and with the right debuff disks you shoot Kenobi on his boss node in Sector 1 and he'll keep killing everyone else on his own team from the DoTs or Thermals.
    Granite it takes a while to kill the team but I get one turn in then canderous proceeds to take turn after turn till everyone is dead. It’s mainly old republic teams I can’t beat.

Do you have a zeta on JMK's lead? Because if you do it prevents TM gain, and Canderous literally can't take turn after turn.

• You can skip quite a few of those defeat feats and still get max rewards. I do for my worst factions.