Omicron Ability Update: Carth Onasi

Prev1
CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Carth Onasi
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Old Republic
Old Republic soldier that excels at clearing waves of enemies.

Basic: RAPID SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict a Damage Over Time effect for 2 turns. This attack deals 10% more damage for each Damage Over Time effect on that enemy.

Special 1: JUST KEEP SHOOTING (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. For each Critical Hit this attack scores, Carth gains 15% Turn Meter.

Leader - SOLDIER OF THE OLD REPUBLIC
OLD FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

When an Old Republic ally uses their Basic ability during their turn, they have an 80% chance to call another Old Republic ally to assist, dealing 50% less damage (limit once per turn).

NEW FINAL TEXT (ZETA/OMICRON): Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

When an Old Republic ally uses their Basic ability during their turn, they have an 80% chance to call another Old Republic ally to assist, dealing 50% less damage (limit once per turn).

While in Territory Battles: Old Republic allies have +20% counter chance, Max Health, and Defense for each Old Republic ally. Whenever an Old Republic ally uses a Special ability, they inflict 4 Damage Over Time effects on the selected target, which can't be evaded, and then Carth is called to assist. Whenever an old Republic ally attacks out of turn, they recover 5% Health and Protection and gain 25% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Unique - SOLDIER'S TRAINING
While attacking, Carth gains 10% Offense for each active enemy and Old Republic ally. Whenever Carth defeats an enemy, he gains 10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage (stacking), and the cooldown of Just Keep Shooting is reset.

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    It is unfortunate that this is a TB related Omni as this would have made them a better team in either TW or GAC. Pretty sure not many people will use this Omni in the late game.
  • Sad day that it isn't a gac omi, my relic OR weep.
  • The other aggravating issue is that you can’t use the full OR squad in TB. Canderous is arguably the best one outside of the Revan Jedi, and you can’t use him in light side TB, and can’t use the rest in dark side TB. Canderous would really make this omicron shine.
  • Completely useless in TB
  • The other aggravating issue is that you can’t use the full OR squad in TB. Canderous is arguably the best one outside of the Revan Jedi, and you can’t use him in light side TB, and can’t use the rest in dark side TB. Canderous would really make this omicron shine.

Well, MissBar is equally as good as canderous, but without canderous OR have a very hard time staying as healthy (not as many sources of dots)
  • Hard Pass
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    The other aggravating issue is that you can’t use the full OR squad in TB. Canderous is arguably the best one outside of the Revan Jedi, and you can’t use him in light side TB, and can’t use the rest in dark side TB. Canderous would really make this omicron shine.

Well, MissBar is equally as good as canderous, but without canderous OR have a very hard time staying as healthy (not as many sources of dots)

I did say arguably lol. And that’s 2 toons for 1. But regardless, that’s the best OR squad outside of the Revan toons. Carth, Canderous, Mission, Big Z, and then T3 or Juhani. Canderous assisting with the stacking offense could take the squad to high-tier offense on TB.
  • I have all OR, SE, Sith Trio, and Visas at g13 and currently have the highest offense Canderous Ordo in the game. I also already get close to max waves in LSTB while platooning several key characters. I don't need this omicron for TB, I want it for TW or GAC.

dw0763p2qbf1.jpg
    I have all OR, SE, Sith Trio, and Visas at g13 and currently have the highest offense Canderous Ordo in the game. I also already get close to max waves in LSTB while platooning several key characters. I don't need this omicron for TB, I want it for TW or GAC.

dw0763p2qbf1.jpg

Cool, good for you. Nobody else is you, though. I’m definitely not because OR wasn’t, and still isn’t, on my list to relic. The point is that the OR squad shines with Canderous, and it’s a shame that this omicron can’t include him. I would consider investing in it if it did. I hear your desire for a TW/GAC omicron, but since that’s not the case, I’m talking about what the omicron is actually for.
  • CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Carth Onasi
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Leader, Old Republic
    Old Republic soldier that excels at clearing waves of enemies.

Basic: RAPID SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict a Damage Over Time effect for 2 turns. This attack deals 10% more damage for each Damage Over Time effect on that enemy.

Special 1: JUST KEEP SHOOTING (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. For each Critical Hit this attack scores, Carth gains 15% Turn Meter.

Leader - SOLDIER OF THE OLD REPUBLIC
    OLD FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

NEW FINAL TEXT (ZETA/OMICRON): Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

While in Territory Battles: Old Republic allies have +20% counter chance, Max Health, and Defense for each Old Republic ally. Whenever an Old Republic ally uses a Special ability, they inflict 4 Damage Over Time effects on the selected target, which can't be evaded, and then Carth is called to assist. Whenever an old Republic ally attacks out of turn, they recover 5% Health and Protection and gain 25% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Unique - SOLDIER'S TRAINING
    While attacking, Carth gains 10% Offense for each active enemy and Old Republic ally. Whenever Carth defeats an enemy, he gains 10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage (stacking), and the cooldown of Just Keep Shooting is reset.

If it was only for GAC instead of TW it would be a great Omi
    I have all OR, SE, Sith Trio, and Visas at g13 and currently have the highest offense Canderous Ordo in the game. I also already get close to max waves in LSTB while platooning several key characters. I don't need this omicron for TB, I want it for TW or GAC.

dw0763p2qbf1.jpg

Cool, good for you. Nobody else is you, though. I’m definitely not because OR wasn’t, and still isn’t, on my list to relic. The point is that the OR squad shines with Canderous, and it’s a shame that this omicron can’t include him. I would consider investing in it if it did. I hear your desire for a TW/GAC omicron, but since that’s not the case, I’m talking about what the omicron is actually for.

The omicron should have been meant for me though, someone that was an OR fanatic. I wouldn't suggest you gear up OR just for TB either, when you could gear up MM, CLS, BB, GR and more for the TB and have an A tier team for gac/TW. Gearing up a squad for just TB usage that doesn't have amazing use outside of TB is dumb.

And FYI. When I posted the image I wasn't responding to our chain of comments but responding back to the Devs. This is an omicron for OR enthusiasts, but no one should ever get this omicron. At least rolo and Kyle work off of characters you would probably have geared for GL requirements or for an A+ tier team in gac/TW.

• If it was only for GAC instead of TW it would be a great Omi[/quote]
    It's TB not TW

• Seems like this omicron is basically canderous in the form of an omicron.
  • Uh, I have omicron rolo and mon with kk, seems no need for other teams for TB.
  • Would this even stop a Kylo solo in GAC if it was active?
  • A somewhat decent omnicron but for the wrong mode honestly. Even as someone who loves OR I don’t see myself ever getting it, shame. Might need to go back to the drawing board for that one CG.
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    Bear in mind we've had these TBs for over 2 years now. And high power guilds are clearing it with relative ease. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if a new set of TBs is coming soon where some of these omicrons might be more relevant. Given how brutally hard Geo TB was at first I shudder to even consider what a new TB's requirements might be and how high the difficulty might be tuned.
  • The mode makes this without question the worst omicron as of yet. This is EXACTLY THE ONE THING that could have been done wrong, and it was.

You could have just said "we don't like non-jedi OR" instead of giving Carth this Trollicon.
  • Unless these guys are relic requirements for the new Ravager there’s really no legitimate reason to invest any further once you’ve got Malak

The point in these things is to give irrelevant teams a purpose in the game. This Omicron being as lacklustre as it is fails to do that and then tosses them in to heated competition with other far superior teams for TB which also happen to be GAC viable too.

Unless other additional OR characters come out in the near future to solidify this teams place in the game then this is a complete waste of the developers time.

Missed the mark by a long shot, please rectify.
  • You should at least give Visas the old republic tag now so that she can rez someone when the geo spy inevitably nukes someone in wave 1.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Nobody should be activating TB omnicrons unless they don't play GAC or TW. They are a complete waste of a relatively rare commodity as the payback in rewards is negligible. Oh and don't activate any "omicrons" either.
  • Legitimately useless until you fix Canderous Ordo being the only DS character in the OR faction. You can't effectively use the Carth team in LS TBs because you've fractured the **** team!!
  • I like the TM boost so they can take a turn in LS Geo TB and do something.

Oh wait...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I’d rather give rose her omi over carth. Making this a TB exclusive omi as the OR squads stand is incredibly underwhelming. Boooooooo
  • Wow, this is useless!
    I hope CG didn't waste much time programming this, because noone's going to use it.
  • Intrested.. gets to "while in tb" completely stops reading
  • We need more LS OR toons that inflicts tons of DoTs to make this useful.

I have all LS OR toons at R3 but I dont really think the team without Canderous can do that much in TB.
  • Completely useless omicron, the old republic team already shines in TB, would have been great for TW, and ofc everyone wants it for GAC. Love my Old Republic team, but I’ll never get any use from this omicron :(
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Unless new Old Republic characters are being added this omicron is not really useful. :#
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Unless new Old Republic characters are being added this omicron is not really useful. :#

One can only hope :)
    Hopefully, light AND dark old republic tho.