oQGJ change

Replies

• So let me get this right.

A 300 speed QGJ would have an additional offense of 30x300=9000 with his leadership.

This was multiplied by 4 when he died and given to the team - so an extra 36,000 offense.

They are removing 36,000 offense and this isn’t enough of a change to warrant a refund????

You got it wrong there - it says"all other allies get offense equal to 30 times their speed." QGJ does not
  • I’m sorry, but why was it necessary to have the kit reworked to have the omicron be completely ineffective with OR against GLs? Are all omicrons going to be nerfed like this?

This is a MASSIVE change to his kit. As a for instance, now if I want to use QGJ on offense, he’s useless against GLs. I could throw him on defense sure, but how I use this omicron ability has been completely changed. To say that this is a bug feels like a complete sweep under the rug. Quality testing is super important on kit descriptions to ensure it makes sense and isn’t going to require “tweaks” of this magnitude. With how difficult omicrons are to obtain people have to be incredibly selective about how to spend them. You guys really need to provide way more clarity and communicate better about these things versus just “hey, FYI, we changed this. Hope you don’t mind.”

I’m not going to scream for a refund like others, but I certainly won’t object to having my omicrons back as a result of this.
  • RezaTorin wrote: »
    To say that this is a bug feels like a complete sweep under the rug. Quality testing is super important on kit descriptions to ensure it makes sense and isn’t going to require “tweaks” of this magnitude. With how difficult omicrons are to obtain people have to be incredibly selective about how to spend them. You guys really need to provide way more clarity and communicate better about these things versus just “hey, FYI, we changed this. Hope you don’t mind.”

Are you new to the game/CG?

• Are you new to the game/CG?

Of course not. That doesn’t mean it’s excusable for it to continue to happen.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    Hasn't the text always had the caveat for GLs being present?

Yes and no. The original ability had it so that if an opposing GL was present that it voided the whole "can't kill Jedi other than QGJ" clause. Meaning that if you used a GL you could automatically go after JKA and dismantle the team.

Now, the ability now voids the entirety of the Omicron if any GL is present so you get no boost to your characters outside of QGJ's original leadership.

I think I read that the original leadership gets replaced if you have the omicron equipped

I believe it does as well, but in this case I'm talking about his original Omicron. In the original Omnicron, an enemy GL negated the "can't kill other Jedi" aspect of the Omicron, but left the damage boost from the Omni and QGJ's death intact. Now, the presence of any GL negates the entire Omnicron and players are only left with the old zeta aspect of his leadership.
    I'm under the impression that if a GL is present, then they don't have the old leadership, and only the 400% offense boost if QGJ is killed part is the active leadership ability

The new text reads that the omicron is bull if any is present GL
  • A change like this must result in a refund. There should be no discussion about this.
  • If they blow a GL on a qgj team I consider that a win.
  • Evidently I can’t copy the post I put in the kit reveal, but this is ridiculous. That’s not a bug, it’s a bait and switch the size of a small moon.
  • You have drastically changed his omicron after so many people have invested. There should 100% be a refund of the omicron mats if you're willing to pull so much power away.
  • So if I put JML with qui gon lead will JML still get some sort of offense boost? Either I’m to simple minded or there way of wording things is very confusing.
  • If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired after a large amount of very rare materials were applied to me, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you refund the omicron materials and zeta materials, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. - Qui Gon Jinn, Taken
  • Pariah_Anathema
    310 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    the only reason i have QGJ zeta was to get the omicron. the zeta is worthless.
    now the omicron practically is. I want both refunded, they effectively made the omicron not worth the mats it takes to have it
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They’ll only refund them if enough new threads get opened up

time to be a **** and merge all these threads so the refund never happens!

Some mod should probably warn you for masking profanity
  • They need to refund players for this Omicron. This is such junk.
  • As players spent money on Omicrons, is CG going to give back the Omicron ms people wasted on Qui-Gon Jinn? They have refunded zetas before and refunded relic levels after nerfs. Why not refund us in this situation?
  • BoroSmooth wrote: »
    So let me get this right.

A 300 speed QGJ would have an additional offense of 30x300=9000 with his leadership.

This was multiplied by 4 when he died and given to the team - so an extra 36,000 offense.

They are removing 36,000 offense and this isn’t enough of a change to warrant a refund????

You got it wrong there - it says"all other allies get offense equal to 30 times their speed." QGJ does not

It used to say “Jedi Allies”, now it says “Other Jedi Allies”, so the post you were responding to was correct. QGJ used to get the bonus offense, pass it along on death, and now he doesn’t.
  • They shouldn't refund, all of the people the benefited from a bugged Omni should eat the omni. They only want to be refunded so they can spend elsewhere now that other omnis are out.

With the wording of the omni it shouldn't have worked with JML on the team anyway.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    BoroSmooth wrote: »
    So let me get this right.

It says that now that they've changed his kit. It didn't say that before. Originally, it said "Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their speed...." and when kits just reference allies in general, it includes that character as well, i.e., they are their own "ally" unless it says something like it does now where it's only "other" allies. I'm not quite as bothered about that one because they said right away it wasn't intended and there was too much offensive boost after QGJ's death. So that was basically sloppy wording on the kit. To me, the real nerf is now making his omicron completely inactive against GLs. That's not fixing a bug...that's a fundamental change to the ability.
  • CG must refund Omicron materials and also gear/relic materials applied to Qui-Gon Jinn after the Omicron release. Many free and pay to play players invested in both the Omicron and relic levels after the Omicron release.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    can someone explain the oQGJ change i don't understand what it means exactly. like what about him dying changes a leader effect? which is what I think it's saying
    UNIT - Fixed an issue in which Qui-Gon Jinn would incorrectly grant allies Offense while his Speed to Offense bonus was still active rather than after Speed to Offense expires upon being defeated.

CG must refund Omicron materials as well as any gear and relic materials applied after Omicron release. Many of us invested even real money on this
  • This sure seems like bait-and-switch to me. I too would like my omicron and zeta refunded for reconsideration.
  • DenMemmy wrote: »
    CG must refund Omicron materials and also gear/relic materials applied to Qui-Gon Jinn after the Omicron release. Many free and pay to play players invested in both the Omicron and relic levels after the Omicron release.

And the zeta too.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    They’ll only refund them if enough new threads get opened up

time to be a **** and merge all these threads so the refund never happens!

Some mod should probably warn you for masking profanity

i should ban myself

its the right thing to do
  • Food for thought regarding refunds: it’s not just the omi and zeta. I’m betting many peeps reliced him due to this ability too (i did, thankfully only from g12 to r3).

Can’t expect cg to catch all issues. But unless I misunderstand, shouldn’t the scenario be one of the first most obvious ones to test.

Anyway I’m interested to see how it holds up now. Not exactly eager to put the omi on chirpa instead.

Next up is the fix for zam giving bounty hunters unforseen amounts of speed.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Food for thought regarding refunds: it’s not just the omi and zeta. I’m betting many peeps reliced him due to this ability too (i did, thankfully only from g12 to r3).
    I mean they are targeting GL pre-reqs so relic-ing them isn't a bad thing
  • With the selling of omicrons at the price they are CG should be refunding omicrons for nerfing it after the fact. This could have been an omicron that someone spent real money on, only to have it changed.

Will CG do right by paying customers?
  • It's just another great "whatever they do is bad" situation they put themselves in due to the lack of testing. What a surprise.

After the omicron got revealed, it took <1min to figure out that JKA and KAM would form an amazing trio with oQGJ. Testing that lineup against a random non-GL team would've taken another 2min max. Then seeing the ridiculous dmg numbers and sending it in against a SLKR would've taken another 2min max. A whopping ~5 min of theorycrafting and playtesting could've avoided this whole situation. Amazing work they do.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

• It says that now that they've changed his kit. It didn't say that before. Originally, it said "Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their speed...." and when kits just reference allies in general, it includes that character as well, i.e., they are their own "ally" unless it says something like it does now where it's only "other" allies. I'm not quite as bothered about that one because they said right away it wasn't intended and there was too much offensive boost after QGJ's death. So that was basically sloppy wording on the kit. To me, the real nerf is now making his omicron completely inactive against GLs. That's not fixing a bug...that's a fundamental change to the ability.

Completely agree with this. They fixed a bug and THEN changed the kit on top of it. This is what I have a problem with, the kit change. Why was this needed?

u1e64g5565k7.jpeg
  • I need to read my own replies. "Why are we surprised with anything they do?". If we play we are accepting any and all nonsense they pull.

Even their TOS says that. >.<
This discussion has been closed.