oQGJ change

Replies

• Another unnecessary nerf, another silence and slam on people. Refund relic, zeta and omicron
  • This is a no-brainer. Complete refund of Omicron and rescent zeta's is needed.
    Let me spell it out.
    If I want to buy - lets say a hammer. - And I don't just buy one blindly, but go down to the shop a try it out (I waited to apply the Omicron+zeta until I saw how it worked). Then I buy it and go home. I'm happy with my hammer. Then after 1+ month the store comes by and switches the hammer into what they say was the way the hammer was intended to work. Should I care how they think it should work? Or should they respect that I bought the hammer as it was? That would always lead to a complete refund as I no longer have what I bought.Tell me how this is different? Tell me how selling something and then not giving us the thing we bought isn't fraud*?
    *LET ME BE CLEAR (as this is a US corporate site with a lot of censorship), I'm not saying it is fraud, I'm not accusing anyone. I'm asking a question as I cannot understand how it wouldn't be. Enlighten me.
  • This is a no-brainer. Complete refund of Omicron and rescent zeta's is needed.
    Let me spell it out.
    If I want to buy - lets say a hammer. - And I don't just buy one blindly, but go down to the shop a try it out (I waited to apply the Omicron+zeta until I saw how it worked). Then I buy it and go home. I'm happy with my hammer. Then after 1+ month the store comes by and switches the hammer into what they say was the way the hammer was intended to work. Should I care how they think it should work? Or should they respect that I bought the hammer as it was? That would always lead to a complete refund as I no longer have what I bought.Tell me how this is different? Tell me how selling something and then not giving us the thing we bought isn't fraud*?
    *LET ME BE CLEAR (as this is a US corporate site with a lot of censorship), I'm not saying it is fraud, I'm not accusing anyone. I'm asking a question as I cannot understand how it wouldn't be. Enlighten me.

Before anyone says "but he is still good". He might be, but his omicron is no longer the commodity we bought. That means we, the customers, decides whether he is good enough.
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    I get that QGJ was giving too much offense on his death update, since it was apparently bug. But changing that his leaderships does not give any additional offense for speed when there is any GL in the battle is pure unneeded nerf. How about you give us refund when you decided to changed the ability that much after ppl got it.

This i would like a refund and put that omega on zam now
  • Agreed; personally I was saving my omicrons to make a decision on where to put them. I then came across (and lost to) a oQGJ team in GAC, and decided (having seen the evidence) that I would apply to mine.

I don't mind the change per se. But if you are radically changing how people will experience/applied based on that experience of seeing- then there should be a refund.

You did it with GAS (and others) with the R8 mats after changes.
    We then had the choice... some go and put back on (I did), some choose to invest elsewhere.

The result of the change is oQGJ may have a different purpose in game now (ie draw out a GL rather than beat a GL) and it may still be worth giving the omicron... but we should have a chance to make that decision based on the NEW set of rules/gameplay.
  • kasfunatu wrote: »
    Agreed; personally I was saving my omicrons to make a decision on where to put them. I then came across (and lost to) a oQGJ team in GAC, and decided (having seen the evidence) that I would apply to mine.

I don't mind the change per se. But if you are radically changing how people will experience/applied based on that experience of seeing- then there should be a refund.

We then had the choice... some go and put back on (I did), some choose to invest elsewhere.

The result of the change is oQGJ may have a different purpose in game now (ie draw out a GL rather than beat a GL) and it may still be worth giving the omicron... but we should have a chance to make that decision based on the NEW set of rules/gameplay.
    Bad Batch anihilate oQGJ team with full banners, so no need for a GL
  • Metasly wrote: »
    kasfunatu wrote: »
    Agreed; personally I was saving my omicrons to make a decision on where to put them. I then came across (and lost to) a oQGJ team in GAC, and decided (having seen the evidence) that I would apply to mine.

Bad Batch anihilate oQGJ team with full banners, so no need for a GL

So can an anything with a Thrawn (fracture JKA and its auto win).
  • So can an anything with a Thrawn (fracture JKA and its auto win).

Read JKA's kit again. He gets a bonus turn. Now read Fracture. It prevents bonus TM. It's not the same thing. Fracture does not work. I have first hand experience... :'(
    BB is in no way a guarantee. If Wreckers stun fails you will get wiped out.
  • I am agreeing with most guys here.
    The Omicron ability now is not what I bought a few weeks ago. I even dont mind that I took him to R5. But for me he is now useless in terms of what I needed him for. I dont ask back the relicing mats but if you have any sense of decency you at least refund the 20 Omicrons to the players and set the ability back to the previous level.

This is no way less of a nerf than the great nerfs of 2021 with Darth Vader, GAS and what not. There we got back the R8 mats as well. So please refund the Omicrons and everything will be fine.
  • The last year is really bad for free to play or players that have small accounts.
    The many nerfs have all been directed to players that don’t whale and still have teams that preformed well.

It almost as they want us to know they hate us if we don’t pay enough.
    I can’t imagine that the player base are growing.

So please CG if you actually do care about your players then please at least refund us for the omicron we were cheated to place because we don’t have endless resources to just buy a new pack.
  • So can an anything with a Thrawn (fracture JKA and its auto win).

Read JKA's kit again. He gets a bonus turn. Now read Fracture. It prevents bonus TM. It's not the same thing. Fracture does not work. I have first hand experience... :'(

fracture should work, other then raid bosses, GLs, and that one clone in DS geo, it should prevent any turn from taking place until they leave fracture, yes anakin can get his bonus turn (aka the TM) but he shouldn't act on it as far as I know
  • flux_rono wrote: »

fracture should work, other then raid bosses, GLs, and that one clone in DS geo, it should prevent any turn from taking place until they leave fracture, yes anakin can get his bonus turn (aka the TM) but he shouldn't act on it as far as I know

He does. Again, personal experience and it was not fun.

flux_rono wrote: »

With BB you've got 2 mass stuns, so chances are good :
    First Echo dispel 5 foresight so give 25% TM to his team and daze everyone, then Tech can stun everyone that's dazed.
    And if it failed to stun JKA then Hunter can switch TM with Wrecker to try again

It still can fail but most of the time you destroy them
  • Agreed. Refund/reset the leadership. I zeta'd him to get the omicron. I would like both returned please. Not the end of the world to give us back the choice. Its not like we could test it either.
  • How can a company with really only one game be so bad at it? Come on guys. Not only should we be refunded the omni we should be refunded any cash we spent to push up QGJ.

Maybe give the monkey tester a banana too if you would.
  • You go into a store, you're interested in a Ferrari, you read up on the horse power and you decide to invest in it. But two weeks on the road the garage changes the engine of your Ferrari into an engine of a Volkswagen. Sure, you wanna have your money back. It is not our fault you've made some miscalculations.

Thanks in advance for hopefully doing the decent thing.
  • Old text:
    While in Grand Arenas: Jedi allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight. At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, Jedi allies can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.

Now:
    While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle if there are no Galactic Legends and all allies are Jedi, all other allies instead gain Offense equal to 30 times their Speed, doubled while they have Foresight, and can't be defeated if Qui-Gon Jinn is active. Qui-Gon Jinn can't gain Damage Immunity or Stealth and he can't be revived. When Qui-Gon Jinn is defeated, all Jedi allies recover 100% Health and Protection and gain 400% of Qui-Gon-Jinn's Offense for 2 turns.

it's a change on a very valuable ressource. removing offense to 30 times of their speed now, while facing a gl. it's not the leadership ability, we choosed to upgrade anymore! and all this within only a few months. the product we bought is broken and not working anymore as it should.
    the right thing for cg would be to put qgj back to r3, remove the omnicron and the zeta and return it to the players. if anyone still believes it's a good choice, she/he can use it again on qgj.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Odd that few here seem to be bringing up a refund/rolback to whatever relic level he was at before the Omi. I only took him from R3 to R5, but I'd imagine whales took him to R7/8 for the additional base offense because of the scaling. They, and I, increased his relic levels because of his Omicron. IMHO, just like the GAS/JKL nerfs, they should roll back his relic levels (to the R3 most players had him at for reqs) and refund the Omi and allow players to choose whether to reapply those materials or not. This is a heavier nerf than JKL and GAS received, so doing a rollback as they did there is the only fair thing to do, especially since precedent has been set for how nerfs are handled. Not refunding the Omi and relic mats will make players hesitant to invest in future new shinies/buy relic/Omi packs when their investment could be randomly negated with the change in a line of code.

Seriously @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI what are players supposed to do with R7/R8 QGJs post-nerf? Either buff the rest of his stats to bring him more in line with newly released units (the flip side of the GAS/JKL nerfs was that they performed worse against GLs post-nerf but better against non-GLs. QGJ is a straight nerf), or refund the Omis and Relic mats people invested when he was working as advertised.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
    Let me spell it out.

Do you bring your own nails and wood to test out the hammer?
  • I don´t think that main issue is QGJ nerf. Sure, they knew how powerfull he is through the leaks and honestly, it really felt like a bug. Main problem is lack of communication. They informed about his neft after many people used him in Grand Arena and lost because of this. This is what i found inexcusable...

Anyway, CG needs to refund not only his zeta/omicron, they should also refund any materials above relic 3 which are the requirements for Jedi Master Kenobi. If this happens (and it really should), i will probably upgrade him again, but people should have choice. They paid knowingly for something else and it was taken away from them.

PS: People should also get refund for Grand Arena issues. Leader of my guild lost a whole round because of this and he wasn´t only one.
  • Was the 30xSPD to offense really that much of a GL-killer? Or was it the bug?
  • tbh I am confused by the bug anyway... it sounded like the offense generated from the leadership bonus was still applying after the leader died... leadership bonuses don't normally disappear when leader dies (unless it explicitly says so) so unless every leadership is bugged, this was not the reason.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    kasfunatu wrote: »
    tbh I am confused by the bug anyway... it sounded like the offense generated from the leadership bonus was still applying after the leader died... leadership bonuses don't normally disappear when leader dies (unless it explicitly says so) so unless every leadership is bugged, this was not the reason.

I agree, I don't think it was a bug either, it would've been bugged if the original text said QGJ gives away his base offense x 400%, but like everything else in the game, one unit transferring X% of his stats includes buffs and debuffs, other uniques, lead abilities etc unless otherwise stated (such as transfer stats only at the start of encounter like R2)

Because in this case, another possible bug is that if QGJ is killed while demoralized, other units will be getting 50% less stats transferred for 2 turns
  • I think the "bug" was twofold: (1) that units got 400% of QGJ's offense which included his 30xSPD boost as well (so 120xSPD), hence the change to "other", and (2) it might have happened in the presence of GLs also which the text said would not be the case (only the 30xSPD would).

Fracture worked fine for me vs GQJ/JKA. Using Palp/Vader/Thrawn, it’s beatable if you fracture JKA, kill QGJ, then kill JKA right away.

Perhaps Thrawn delivered the killing blow to QGJ, which removed Fracture then triggered JKAs bonus turn? If JKA ALWAYS proc'd his bonus turn when fractured, the success rate of EP / Thrawn teams against per-Nerf oQGJ would be close to zero. It's not great at around 50/50, but it's much better than zero.

BONUS TURN is not turn meter gain.

Perhaps Thrawn delivered the killing blow to QGJ, which removed Fracture then triggered JKAs bonus turn? If JKA ALWAYS proc'd his bonus turn when fractured, the success rate of EP / Thrawn teams against per-Nerf oQGJ would be close to zero. It's not great at around 50/50, but it's much better than zero.

I have beaten the team with Palpatine myself, but it relies on either Palpatine's stun or ability block from Vader. But try only using the Fracture on him the next time ;-)
This discussion has been closed.