Kit Reveal: Iden Versio

Replies

• TF is OOTA?
  • What’s the opinion on that Omicron? It looks… meh. It’s a really strong buff against out of turn attacks, but it doesn’t seem as revolutionary as some others. And from how it’s worded it won’t get you perfect GAC banners.

Situationally really good (looking at you, Geos and Mothmas and JKRs) but other than that, I don’t know.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    What’s the opinion on that Omicron? It looks… meh. It’s a really strong buff against out of turn attacks, but it doesn’t seem as revolutionary as some others. And from how it’s worded it won’t get you perfect GAC banners.

Situationally really good (looking at you, Geos and Mothmas and JKRs) but other than that, I don’t know.

Seems like max banners vs Mon Mothma + Kyle Katarn and that's a big deal imo
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    What’s the opinion on that Omicron? It looks… meh. It’s a really strong buff against out of turn attacks, but it doesn’t seem as revolutionary as some others. And from how it’s worded it won’t get you perfect GAC banners.

Seems like max banners vs Mon Mothma + Kyle Katarn and that's a big deal imo

The Omicron also might allow her to face off against CLS teams and win in GAC. If Solo kills Iden, she will revive, but if he goes after a different trooper then the protection/health might keep that trooper around until Iden can get her Revive off. Not to mention since she has an irresistible stun against Rebels she can knock Chewbacca/Chewpio out of the fight for a moment. It will definitely be an omicron to keep an eye out for.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Rearrange the clauses in the lead ability. It could be written a lot better. (Search your feelings, you know it to be true).
  • How have I not seen a single comment about how she's not aligned with the imp remnants??
  • I'm sure the theory crafters will come up with something, but there seem to be a lot of OOTA tidbits to her kit. Does any IT that isn't part of the current core IT squad have the ability to create OOTAs?

In addition to what has been mentioned, she also gives the whole team 100% counter chance. I think range should stay with Veers, Iden gives plenty of opportunity for out of turn attacks.
  • How have I not seen a single comment about how she's not aligned with the imp remnants??
    I thought the exact same thing
  • Since the best IT troopers are Veers, Starck, Range, Dark and Piett, there are a lot of leftover troopers to use. So Iden is a good addition to them.

At that point the Empire wasn’t exactly shattered yet. After the 2nd Death Star blew up and Palpatine died it was basically inevitable, but it wouldn’t quite be Remnant yet.

Also Imperial Remnant is currently supposed to be with Gideon, and Iden’s abilities work very poorly with both him and Dark Trooper.

I haven’t played through BF2 though, so idk.
  • Do we know if you can get the omicron skill at 3*? (=g11?)
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    How have I not seen a single comment about how she's not aligned with the imp remnants??

At that point the Empire wasn’t exactly shattered yet. After the 2nd Death Star blew up and Palpatine died it was basically inevitable, but it wouldn’t quite be Remnant yet.

Also Imperial Remnant is currently supposed to be with Gideon, and Iden’s abilities work very poorly with both him and Dark Trooper.

I haven’t played through BF2 though, so idk.

This, pretty much. The imperial Remnants were a splinter group of loyalists who formed during the rise of the New Republic, when the Empire was entirely defeated after the battle of Jakku. Iden defected by that time. So Imperial Remnants are units that came post-Jakku.
  • will she be Journey guide character?
  • Do we know if you can get the omicron skill at 3*? (=g11?)

I mean, you can with all the Starkiller req chars so I'd assume so.

It's just that the question still seems to remain of "how are we unlocking her?" - still not guaranteed to be a 3* marquee unlock so far.

There's usually a confirmation of marquee/conquest/journey guide when we get character announcements. Still haven't seen one anywhere in any of the posts.
  • Great kit :)
    Not sure why she looks to her right when idle, it doesn't feel natural :/
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Do we know if you can get the omicron skill at 3*? (=g11?)

I mean, you can with all the Starkiller req chars so I'd assume so.

It's just that the question still seems to remain of "how are we unlocking her?" - still not guaranteed to be a 3* marquee unlock so far.

There's usually a confirmation of marquee/conquest/journey guide when we get character announcements. Still haven't seen one anywhere in any of the posts.

You're rightfully pointing this out.
    However, I really don't think she's worthy of even a legendary status. Iden's a very poorly written SW character (serving the empire her entire life and then instantly just becomes #1 rebel fan), with no memorable abilities, and no important actions on the main story.
    Compare that to other legendaries like R2D2.....
    A marquee would be most fitting to release her.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Great kit :)
    Not sure why she looks to her right when idle, it doesn't feel natural :/

**** you, now I can't unsee this! This is going to bug me for years :D
  • I'm excited about this addition and what it could mean for my leftover IT characters! Its looking less and less likely that we'll ever get that 5th Imperial Remnant character. My zeta on Gideon leadership is looking more and more useless but thats 100% on me for putting it on him before there was a full Imp Remnant squad.
  • Really nice kit
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    if they never specify the release method its because its marquee

they only mention a release method if its not marquee
  • Need this character now
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Unique 2 but no Unique 1 ? Typo or a skill is missing ?
    Typo. Good catch. I've edited the post. Thanks for bringing this to my attn
  • Loadage wrote: »
    Very interesting - I didn't see it anywhere, but I assume this is a Marquee? Also interesting how her full name is "Inferno Squad" - do we expect a rebel version of her to come out too??

Apparently, the official name is simply "Iden Versio"
    I added the "(Inferno Squad)" bit after reading some notes on the design page referencing the inspiration of the character kit.

I've since updated the posts to remove the (Inferno Squad)" from her title.

You did it again in the Content Update :lol:. I like it though. Gives hope for a rebel version.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • 443zjofi70kp.jpeg
    Sebek wrote: »
    Loadage wrote: »
    Very interesting - I didn't see it anywhere, but I assume this is a Marquee? Also interesting how her full name is "Inferno Squad" - do we expect a rebel version of her to come out too??

Apparently, the official name is simply "Iden Versio"
    I added the "(Inferno Squad)" bit after reading some notes on the design page referencing the inspiration of the character kit.

I've since updated the posts to remove the (Inferno Squad)" from her title.

You did it again in the Content Update :lol:. I like it though. Gives hope for a rebel version.

Where?

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Why no Helmet? :'(
    All the Clones have their Helmets, SLKR has his Helmet outside of his Ult, Fennec Shand has her Helmet, Boba Fett: SoJ has his Helmet

• she is a trash, you cant use her with any leader, like the moff gideon
  • edupro556 wrote: »

she is a trash, you cant use her with any leader, like the moff gideon

That doesn't make her trash. It means she can be used for a second leftover imp trooper team.
  • edupro556 wrote: »

What squad are you putting Snowtrooper and Magmatrooper in? You using all your troopers in other squads already? What are they?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    edupro556 wrote: »

If you read her kit, she's better without any leader, like the moff gideon
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Push Forward appears to be removing deathmark in the bonus stage. Is that WAI? The ability description says it removes buffs, but deathmark is a debuff?

ETA - does it in the other stages too, just didn’t notice initially.