Book of Boba Fett: S1:E3 SPOILER CHAT

2Next

Replies

• I think we can summarise except for episode 2 this series is ****.
    This is BOBA FETT a guy who has only 6 minutes of screen type and is responsible for jango fett,mandalorians, din djarin , clones.
    Also the lead bounty hunter of jabba who led the whole crime underground and was darth Vader clean up guy. So how can a character of this magnitude have a worse series than jango (film) and mando when they are both based on his idea and are represented as being was boba is suppose to be.

I’ll watch the series but tbh I’m waiting for series 2 when they hear everyone’s feedback.
  • Tintguy
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    subxsimo wrote: »
    I think we can summarise except for episode 2 this series is ****.
    This is BOBA FETT a guy who has only 6 minutes of screen type and is responsible for jango fett,mandalorians, din djarin , clones.
    Also the lead bounty hunter of jabba who led the whole crime underground and was darth Vader clean up guy. So how can a character of this magnitude have a worse series than jango (film) and mando when they are both based on his idea and are represented as being was boba is suppose to be.

I’ll watch the series but tbh I’m waiting for series 2 when they hear everyone’s feedback.

There's a huge difference in tracking someone down and running a crime ring

It's that guy at work who's really good at his job and thinks he could easily do his bosses job, but quickly find himself in over his head in a new position
  • Something I just realized. How many times in 3 episodes have we seen either Boba or Fenec shoot a gun/missile? They’ve had plenty of opportunities. I can only remember Boba doing it twice (all in one fight) and Fenec not at all. That’s like making a show about Iron Man and having him walk around punching people. I don’t get it. Boba can fly and has an arsenal of weapons. Fenec is a dead eye sniper.
    A lot of times I feel like Disney hires people who have heard about Star Wars, but don’t really understand Star Wars. It’s obvious in so many of the choices they make.
    And it’s what makes Feloni so loved. He seems to be the only one who truly gets and loves Star Wars.
  • Just seen. The cringe was unreal. The fearsome cybernetic enhanced biker gang was the funniest thing.
  • This should be called the Beatdown of Boba instead. This dude has LITERALLY been trashed each episode by someone and if not for someone else there to magically save him he'd be dead 5 times over.
    Quite a few massive problems with this show so far and this episode in general:

1. Why is Fennec not in charge? She would clearly smash Boba into oblivion but doesn't because they're friends? Maybe explore that a bit because she KILLS for a living but she no longer does that to protect Boba as a lieutenant OR to take power from him. I get loyalty because Boba saved her but this is so out of character at this point is frustrating. Why doesnt her loyalty to Boba allow him to be the lieutenant when shes the boss?

2. Why can Boba not survive without his bacta tank? What are the wounds that are so grievous that he will die? Maybe explain why Boba can kill the Kraken from Clash of the Titans (looks just like it) with no food, no water after baking in a desert sun for days/weeks with his bare hands but he can't live for 5 minutes without the tank now. Also, did he transport the bacta tank in his ship when he met Mando to get his armor? How was he surviving all that space travel and fighting without it? Why wasnt he nearly dead after that battle with a platoon of stormtroopers until desperately finding his bacta tank?

3. If 1 & 2 are true (and they are) why hasn't any of the hundreds of villains on this planet taken him out? All the wookie assassin needed to do was unplug the power on his bacta tank and Bobas dead - show over. Apparently these are the nice criminals who only want a fair fight after they've allowed Boba to heal up and build a crime syndicate from the ground up. The respectable, play fair type of murdering criminals we know and love.

They desperately need to get these characters...well...in character soon. This show is off the rails imo.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    and the 30 km/h (thats 48 mph for you jankies)

I think you mean 30 mph = 48 km/h, a mile is longer than a km

on the episode, the biker gang felt really odd, but I am glad Boba is getting some more people for his court. Jabba had a whole party going on like every day, Boba has really just been talking to Fennec, the gammoreans, and that one droid this whole time, not as cool. On that same note, what's with Krrsantan just, like, leaving?? He is a bounty hunter, why would Boba not try to hire him to be another enforcer? that was the most disappointing part of the whole thing. Also the rancor thing felt forced, like I enjoy the fact that the rancor pit isn't empty anymore, but the whole "I want to learn to ride it" feels really weird

I definitely liked episode 2 more, but we knew that something tragic was probably going to happen with the tuskens, i hope he can avenge them in episode 4!
  • Just waiting for the big party at the end. They will have Boba, Fennec, the Tusken Warrior, biker kids, Black Krrsantan, Gammoreans and others they pick up along the way partying in the palace with the rancor.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Tintguy wrote: »
    subxsimo wrote: »
    I think we can summarise except for episode 2 this series is ****.

There's a huge difference in tracking someone down and running a crime ring

It's that guy at work who's really good at his job and thinks he could easily do his bosses job, but quickly find himself in over his head in a new position

That is true, but he has not done a single thing as a crime lord that has been beneficial to him without fennecs inlfluence. Boba was an elite assassin who would have been earning all the time fro Jabba and Vader like what boba did with his father jango. He wld know the importance of learning from the best so why it looks like he learnt nothing from Jabba and Vader is my point.

• I didn't think the hover bikes fit in very well, but TBH I actually liked the idea that there would be some cyborgs trying to gang up for protection & profit. What doesn't fit is the gleaming bikes from a group that's supposed to be stealing water just to survive.

I'll just say it: I can see that cyborg gang being the next Phoenix: an entry-level faction that appeals to the teenagers who play this game.

The most important issue in the series is what some have already said: this doesn't feel like Boba Fett. It's a potentially cool character, but where do they get the mercy and the shying away from violent methods? It seems that they want him to be a hero now, so they're giving him heroic qualities without thinking about whether they fit the character whose name they are using.

Lose the speeder bikes (at least the pretty, gleaming hot-rod ones), keep cyborg Joan Jett, reconcile current Boba with past Boba, make Boba into a feared warrior that wins his own battles (yeah, he was unarmed, but maybe he could have kicked the wookie in the knee and led him on a chase that ended somewhere that Boba knew other fighters would be instead of just flailing around like useless meat hoping someone shows up to save him?)... seems like there's a lot to do to make this series work, but it also seems at least possible. I don't know. Can this show be saved? Or will it go down as the worst SW show since the Christmas Special?
  • StewartH wrote: »
    This should be called the Beatdown of Boba instead. This dude has LITERALLY been trashed each episode by someone and if not for someone else there to magically save him he'd be dead 5 times over.
    Quite a few massive problems with this show so far and this episode in general:

1. Why is Fennec not in charge? She would clearly smash Boba into oblivion but doesn't because they're friends? Maybe explore that a bit because she KILLS for a living but she no longer does that to protect Boba as a lieutenant OR to take power from him. I get loyalty because Boba saved her but this is so out of character at this point is frustrating. Why doesnt her loyalty to Boba allow him to be the lieutenant when shes the boss?

2. Why can Boba not survive without his bacta tank? What are the wounds that are so grievous that he will die? Maybe explain why Boba can kill the Kraken from Clash of the Titans (looks just like it) with no food, no water after baking in a desert sun for days/weeks with his bare hands but he can't live for 5 minutes without the tank now. Also, did he transport the bacta tank in his ship when he met Mando to get his armor? How was he surviving all that space travel and fighting without it? Why wasnt he nearly dead after that battle with a platoon of stormtroopers until desperately finding his bacta tank?

3. If 1 & 2 are true (and they are) why hasn't any of the hundreds of villains on this planet taken him out? All the wookie assassin needed to do was unplug the power on his bacta tank and Bobas dead - show over. Apparently these are the nice criminals who only want a fair fight after they've allowed Boba to heal up and build a crime syndicate from the ground up. The respectable, play fair type of murdering criminals we know and love.

They desperately need to get these characters...well...in character soon. This show is off the rails imo.

Yeah, Fennec feels way more like Boba Fett than BoB does. And the incompetent "assassins" that apparently have never heard of poison, blasters or even sharp objects just makes it feel like they're using kiddy gloves against him. I mean just look at how Jango killed Zam Wesell and compare that to the guys in the show.
  • The Wookie is an assassin.
    Assassins sneak in to kill their targets.
    The fact there's 8 people and a droid living in that mansion of a Palace, he probably found it very easy to get in to Bobas Chambers and try to strangle him.

The chase scene was rubbish though.

The **** kids?
    I'm OK with them.

And really looking forward to Boba riding a Rancor in to town 😂
  • NasRegal wrote: »
    The Wookie is an assassin.
    Assassins sneak in to kill their targets.
    The fact there's 8 people and a droid living in that mansion of a Palace, he probably found it very easy to get in to Bobas Chambers and try to strangle him.

The chase scene was rubbish though.

The **** kids?
    I'm OK with them.

And really looking forward to Boba riding a Rancor in to town 😂

So he is an assassin who lets his mark get out of his medical chamber and fight him? Why didnt he just unplug the chamber? Use his giant gun and shoot him in the head? Wookies are known to rip arms off easily, why didnt he do it? It was a bad scene than didnt make sense. Let alone a giant wookie somehow being sneaky enough to get into the place.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Watching this show only generates questions about Boba Fett, Scion of Jango from the game. He specifically said that he isn´t bounty hunter anymore and we already know that is he is sort of Tusken. So he should be given Tusken tag instead of Bounty Hunter.. just saying.
  • Can we get the calf rancor as a summon into the 6th spot like Geo brute and the arc turret?

The only crime boss thing he has done is killing to take the position since then he is acting like a Disney sponsored crime boss. should have brought in Vince Gillian from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul to consult on how he should build up his crime lord syndicate

If you are going to make a show on this topic take off the Mickey Mouse gloves and get a little dirty
  • Show night! Woot!
  • Today is Wednesday? :o
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Today is Wednesday? :o

Depends where you are in the world.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Stay vigilant, for Futureman is always a day ahead!
  • HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Edited 😊
    Post edited by HokieFiend on
  • Yeah, please keep anything about ep4 out of this thread. Maybe you can edit your post?

@HokieFiend