Server Maintenance?

Replies

• Are we expecting any response on this?
  • name123 wrote: »
    Are we expecting any response on this?

It’s doesn’t seem like it, I sort of expected a dev post about it during the day after they commented on this post. Been over a week since. It might be one of those things that they say they’re looking into it but just don’t follow up.
  • Eternal silence is CG' s way of acknowledging this problem.

Do you need a daily update from CG that they are still looking into it?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Eternal silence is CG' s way of acknowledging this problem.

This is the only way we can get to 11 pages.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    TVF wrote: »

This is the only way we can get to 11 pages.

We've almost hit eleven pages on the GAC time advantage thread; we can certainly do it here!
  • Someone else asks for an update that is likely never going to come and 3 or 4 people respond about the length of the thread, who is more guilty of giving these things legs to keep going.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Someone else asks for an update that is likely never going to come and 3 or 4 people respond about the length of the thread, who is more guilty of giving these things legs to keep going.

34Om.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Yes because it really takes this long to do a root cause analysis......
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »

Yes because it really takes this long to do a root cause analysis......

Glad to hear from an expert that knows how long this should take ;)
  • Still no update it seems.. nearly at the next round of GAC so would hate for these problems to happen again with no follow up, fix or acknowledgement.
  • Bumpity bump. Not going to let this one go without some sort of further comment. Two weeks should be plenty of time to make a decision and communicate regardless of the amount of holidays.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Bumpity bump. Not going to let this one go without some sort of further comment. Two weeks should be plenty of time to make a decision and communicate regardless of the amount of holidays.

I’m honestly surprised how slack they’ve been addressing this.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Bumpity bump. Not going to let this one go without some sort of further comment. Two weeks should be plenty of time to make a decision and communicate regardless of the amount of holidays.

I’m not, which is why I was content that they acknowledged it at all.
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

I’m not, which is why I was content that they acknowledged it at all.

It’s a good start to acknowledge it, but still slack to not follow up and not give any update. Number one priority should have been a public address AND outlined fix before the next GAC which is mere hours away.

It’s a shame that the expectation is that we most likely won’t get responses at all. It’s there job to do so.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Decision on what?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Decision on what?

How customers will be compensated for poor experience and customer service?

There are about a half-dozen open issues that beg for resolution (even if the resolution is "sorry, we can't fix this" or "we don't want to fix it").

Currently on my CG Bingo card I've got:
    1) Lost GAC rounds/division demotion due to unscheduled "server maintenance"
    2) Incorrect end-of-season rewards for GAC
    3) Stalled progress/reduced rewards due to having only Ewok nodes available in the Conquest path
    4) QGJ omicron (they have officially responded to this one, but clearly not to customer satisfaction)

I mean, I guess no response is technically a response, but if so one shouldn't be terribly surprised that the forums are a dumpster fire all the time. Personally I'd be content with an apology and some moderate detail of how the technical issues will be addressed going forward, but more severely inconvenienced customers may not let it go without a make-good of some sort.

I'll be necessarily vague to avoid running afoul of forum guidelines, but I'd like to remind everyone that we are all customers here (even F2P, as time is currency too) and all the usual methods of redress are available to us if we are unsatisfied. Make of that what you will.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    My understanding from Doja's replies in this thread was that there was no compensation for the server maintenance issues that occured, but I'll double check with CG to be sure
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Do you have an example of this?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252741/wrong-end-of-season-gac-rewards#latest it was quite widespread.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Decision on what?

There are about a half-dozen open issues that beg for resolution (even if the resolution is "sorry, we can't fix this" or "we don't want to fix it").

3) Stalled progress/reduced rewards due to having only Ewok nodes available in the Conquest path
    4) QGJ omicron (they have officially responded to this one, but clearly not to customer satisfaction)

I mean, I guess no response is technically a response, but if so one shouldn't be terribly surprised that the forums are a dumpster fire all the time. Personally I'd be content with an apology and some moderate detail of how the technical issues will be addressed going forward, but more severely inconvenienced customers may not let it go without a make-good of some sort.

I'll be necessarily vague to avoid running afoul of forum guidelines, but I'd like to remind everyone that we are all customers here (even F2P, as time is currency too) and all the usual methods of redress are available to us if we are unsatisfied. Make of that what you will.

They fixed the path in conquest that forced people to choose a disk or a jawa with Boba shards, but never offered a make good for the people now with 325/330 shards.

As far as I know, they haven't even commented on resetting one of the feats progress mid conquest on the one afterwards.
  • GaCvet
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Decision on what?

They fixed the path in conquest that forced people to choose a disk or a jawa with Boba shards, but never offered a make good for the people now with 325/330 shards.

As far as I know, they haven't even commented on resetting one of the feats progress mid conquest on the one afterwards.

Dude it's only Tuesday right after a holiday. They need at least 4 days to readjust to working and then it's the weekend. Don't have such high expectations of people geesh.
  • GaCvet wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Decision on what?

Dude it's only Tuesday right after a holiday. They need at least 4 days to readjust to working and then it's the weekend. Don't have such high expectations of people geesh.

both things happened over a month ago.

There's a whole thread about it - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252741/wrong-end-of-season-gac-rewards/p1

Regarding Doja's last response (other than the flippant retort to GaCvet) was:
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.

So there is acknowledgement of a problem but nothing else. No apology to people who lost their round or were demoted as a result. No info on whether the issue may recur or if steps were taken to prevent it. No mention of whether or not there would be compensation. Without any follow-up my logical assumption is that they are still looking into it; eventually I will assume this was disingenuous and that they are no longer doing so, but at only 2 weeks I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
  • BeralCator wrote: »

There's a whole thread about it - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252741/wrong-end-of-season-gac-rewards/p1

Regarding Doja's last response (other than the flippant retort to GaCvet) was:
    Hello! It is indeed Crumb and my first day back to the office after the break and we are getting caught up.

Devs are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For those wondering why CG scheduled server maintenance on a Sunday during a holiday break, the short answer is...we didn't. There was a server (one of many) that went offline for a few minutes and the "server maintenance" error message got kicked out automatically.

So there is acknowledgement of a problem but nothing else. No apology to people who lost their round or were demoted as a result. No info on whether the issue may recur or if steps were taken to prevent it. No mention of whether or not there would be compensation. Without any follow-up my logical assumption is that they are still looking into it; eventually I will assume this was disingenuous and that they are no longer doing so, but at only 2 weeks I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly surprised how long it’s taken for follow up responses. I mean it’s a 5-10minute discussion to have before giving some sort of update but they can’t even muster that.
  • Is therr a reason we havent received any compensation?
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Is therr a reason we havent received any compensation?
    It's company policy to screw over the player base.
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Is therr a reason we havent received any compensation?

We haven’t even gotten an update about it yet. Like GAC has started again. They’re really not holding up their responsibilities at the moment.
  • Pretty poor customer service but we already knew that from EA/CG.