Boba Fett Potential Galactic Legend

Replies

• Tbh , why we still don’t have here GL Yoda ?900 years of training Jedi isn’t enough ?
  • Sorandor wrote: »
    Tbh , why we still don’t have here GL Yoda ?900 years of training Jedi isn’t enough ?

Which version would that be? Ghost Yoda? If so then it'd have to seriously boost his allies since I'm sure he'd be untargetable, and once his team is down then it'd insta loose.
  • Sorandor
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    We ve got Darth Sidious , Emperor Palpatine and SEE. I m pretty sure , we deserve GL Yoda any kind u like , I guess when Palp was a kid on Naboo , Yoda just finished training his “ ? “ another apprentice.
  • thomssi wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

To get one thing out of the way, some have been calling for, much as I and many like spin offs I think GLs are likely to come from the films. I.e. NOT Thrawn etc.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)
    Lord Vader (prequel trilogy)

Note, all films, no original trilogy.

No legends, no cartoons, no comics, no weird offline random anything, all stuff people who only go to cinemas would have seen.

What is weird ARE NO original trilogy GLs.

Leia, Han (like yeah, many already), Chewie, R2D2, Luke, others).

I dunno what is in CG's heads but if you want a LEGEND then it has to mean something to mass market and that means films and so far original trilogy is somewhat missing.

Luke, Leia, R2, C3P0, Chewie LS
    Vader (as proper OG vader) DS.

Maybe I am wrong, not first time, but I think GLs should be film related. Not everyone has Disney+ and many, many do not know outside easy lore. A GL should appeal to all.

Oh damm, i cant see Marka Ragnos, Dath Bane, Malgus etc... As a GL...so sad....
    Please!!!
    "Its all about the money money money..."
  • Personally mando should not be a GL as he is based on boba and would make no sense to be the scoundrel GL as boba outmatches him in every aspect and is the original. Thrawn is basically the general to Vader so is not GL worthy as Vader would be the Gl or palpatine in this scenario.
    Ahsoka also wouldn’t be a GL as we just go Commander who is very powerful and right now with her white sabres I think she currently Ashoka fulcrum form if I’m not wrong.

It will be boba I’m willing to bet. And mace windu will definitely make a return as he is too cool and too powerful to forget. And his current form is weak in swgoh. And given his hatred from boba by killing jango and also is light side. He will be perfect.

• MilHanso wrote: »
    thomssi wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

To get one thing out of the way, some have been calling for, much as I and many like spin offs I think GLs are likely to come from the films. I.e. NOT Thrawn etc.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

No legends, no cartoons, no comics, no weird offline random anything, all stuff people who only go to cinemas would have seen.

I dunno what is in CG's heads but if you want a LEGEND then it has to mean something to mass market and that means films and so far original trilogy is somewhat missing.

Maybe I am wrong, not first time, but I think GLs should be film related. Not everyone has Disney+ and many, many do not know outside easy lore. A GL should appeal to all.

I'm not being funny, but there's not a Star Wars fan alive who doesn't know who Boba Fett is, regardless of whether they like him. And there is more to Star Wars than just the movies. Heck, the prequels are terrible yet there's two GLs from them. There's all the Disney+ shows coming out and the long comic runs. Boba may not have a lot of screen time in the films, but in the comics he has a much bigger impact.

You have not disagreed with a thing I said though.....

Still, it is weird there are no GLs from original trilogy. LS is harder than DS but Vader is obvious then others but still plenty left LS.

I don't object to others, just so far all have been film major characters and main meaning main story arc (which Boba is not). Jabba would be an obvious one though I guess figuring out how to implement would be interesting but still.

You said GLs should only come from the films. If that is true then there's essentially no real GLs left. What did Jabba actually do other than stick his tongue out as he choked to death? There's already a GL for Luke, Vader even if they are the wrong ones. There's too many Solo's and Chewies already.

I see people mention Snoke as GL worthy and he is just SEEs sock puppet. If we are to assume all main groups should have GLs then there is a massive Scoundrel-shaped hole. Boba DS and Mando LS would be a great way to fill it and appeal to newer fans through shows like The Mandalorian and BoBF.

Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily have no more GLs. But I really don't see why the only GLs should be force users. OG Leia, Han and Chewie are all worthy of that status, as is the original Emperor.

I'd like to point out that BoB isn't looking DS to me at all, have you watched the show??

Of course I have. Do you really think CG cares? At best he's neutral at this moment in time. He is trying to be a crime lord, so you can't really call that LS.
  • subxsimo wrote: »
    Thrawn is basically the general to Vader so is not GL worthy as Vader would be the Gl or palpatine in this scenario.

I only wish to address the Thrawn slander. He is not Vader's "General" in fact within the Empire, Thrawn is seen as Vader's equal, in terms of rank (it's hard to place where "Sith Lord" is in the imperial navy, but Grand Admiral is the very top). While Vader may be more powerful in hand to hand combat, Thrawn is almost certainly a better strategist and leader. If you wish to spend the time, a great book on this is "Thrawn: Alliances", which addresses much of Vader and Thrawn's relationship, but long story short, in the end they respect each other as allies, fellow imperials, and even rivals.
  • Next GL will be OR or OT themed.
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

I'm not being funny, but there's not a Star Wars fan alive who doesn't know who Boba Fett is, regardless of whether they like him. And there is more to Star Wars than just the movies. Heck, the prequels are terrible yet there's two GLs from them. There's all the Disney+ shows coming out and the long comic runs. Boba may not have a lot of screen time in the films, but in the comics he has a much bigger impact.

Still, it is weird there are no GLs from original trilogy. LS is harder than DS but Vader is obvious then others but still plenty left LS.

I don't object to others, just so far all have been film major characters and main meaning main story arc (which Boba is not). Jabba would be an obvious one though I guess figuring out how to implement would be interesting but still.

You said GLs should only come from the films. If that is true then there's essentially no real GLs left. What did Jabba actually do other than stick his tongue out as he choked to death? There's already a GL for Luke, Vader even if they are the wrong ones. There's too many Solo's and Chewies already.

I see people mention Snoke as GL worthy and he is just SEEs sock puppet. If we are to assume all main groups should have GLs then there is a massive Scoundrel-shaped hole. Boba DS and Mando LS would be a great way to fill it and appeal to newer fans through shows like The Mandalorian and BoBF.

Don't get me wrong, I would quite happily have no more GLs. But I really don't see why the only GLs should be force users. OG Leia, Han and Chewie are all worthy of that status, as is the original Emperor.

I'd like to point out that BoB isn't looking DS to me at all, have you watched the show??

Of course I have. Do you really think CG cares? At best he's neutral at this moment in time. He is trying to be a crime lord, so you can't really call that LS.

"Jabba ruled with fear, I intend to rule with respect." Doesn't sound very criminal to me.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
    MilHanso wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

"Jabba ruled with fear, I intend to rule with respect." Doesn't sound very criminal to me.

Apart from he is becoming a crime lord you mean…..
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Why not Jar Jar? Or Little Ani? Or Luuke Skywalker? It really doesn’t matter. Have any of us ever suspected CG to be making decisions with any reason besides $$$? And even then I’m not sure how they pull it off. I say we just wait around for them to release Galactic Legend Mouse Droid and complain then.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

And what crimes has he committed so far besides... Well... None?
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

Well, aside from extortion none so far.

Demanding "tribute" isn't exactly a stand up thing. Very street thug, pay 1k a week to make sure your building doesn't burn down.
  • Let's close the chapter of Galactic Legends for good. This format is outdated.

Let's have new "Masters of Universe". I really like to see Luke in He-Man outfit (or Vader as Skeletor).
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    Let's close the chapter of Galactic Legends for good. This format is outdated.

Let's have new "Masters of Universe". I really like to see Luke in He-Man outfit (or Vader as Skeletor).

7jlka1givjqp.gif
  • Monel wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

Demanding "tribute" isn't exactly a stand up thing. Very street thug, pay 1k a week to make sure your building doesn't burn down.

I really think we are watching a different show here. Where the heck in the show he explicitly says that if someone doesn't pay "tribute" their building is going to "burn down"? Have you looked for the meaning of the word "damiyo"? Just a tip: it doesn't mean crimelord or someone who operates aside from the law.
    Monel wrote: »
    He is not GL worthy.

So far we have

Rey (sequel trilogy)
    Kylo (sequel Trilogy)
    JML (sequel Trilogy)
    SEE (sequel Trilogy)
    JMK (prequel trilogy)

I really think we are watching a different show here. Where the heck in the show he explicitly says that if someone doesn't pay "tribute" their building is going to "burn down"? Have you looked for the meaning of the word "damiyo"? Just a tip: it doesn't mean crimelord or someone who operates aside from the law.

He demanded tribute. Without any threats attached to it, this is already enough to qualify for DS.
    The words 'Crime Lord' is also explicitly mentioned in the show multiple times, which is clearly DS too.

Personally, I'd want Old republic (Sith Empire) GL next.

Given how old this game is now, and how terribly hard it is for new players to enjoy (given that they have no chance of unlocking any of the cool stuff for a good year), I'd bet that the majority of the current players are SW fans, so they probably know many tv shows, video games, books too, so CG is not limited to make a GL based on eithet trilogies.
  • The idea that GLs should only come from movies is ridiculous. The Clone Wars is over 48 hours worth of content to look into. Rebels is over 24 hours.

And if you think Thrawn wasn’t enough of a legendary character or enough of a problem for the Rebellion to consider as a GL, then I don’t think you’re really able to discuss it. Thrawn is absolutely a legend. I’ve never read the books and I didn’t watch Rebels until 2 years ago, and I even knew who Thrawn was. Definite GL status.
  • Personally, I'd want Old republic (Sith Empire) GL next.

Given how old this game is now, and how terribly hard it is for new players to enjoy (given that they have no chance of unlocking any of the cool stuff for a good year), I'd bet that the majority of the current players are SW fans, so they probably know many tv shows, video games, books too, so CG is not limited to make a GL based on eithet trilogies. [/quote]

Thats a very valid point because 4 of the 6 GL's are from the trilogy which no one likes. Ren and rey have very limited force training over many other characters and are GL's. I think after a Fett GL the next set should be Sith empire but how revans ferocity would work with a GL would be interesting as that might make the GL very OP.

• I think it is not very likely that you will see an OT GL. Just about every major OT character showed up in the ST. Hence why we have JML and SEE as the GL's for those characters. Endor Leia and Han seem to be very unlikely candidates. We already have an ST Han, there really isn't much left for him as a GL. If they do Leia, it would most likely be General Organa. I think the characters of Leia and Han are GL worthy, but they have kind of run out of versions at this point.

Leia would be the best idea for a Rebel GL. Maybe they could make the Endor version work somehow or a Bespin version. I think at this point, they are going to look a factions. We have Jedi, GR, Resistance, Unaligned Force User, First Order, Sith, and Empire covered. I would say Rebels is the biggest one missing. Then you can look to BH's, smugglers, etc. I would say the TV shows are going to yield something. Between Fett, Mando, and Ahsoka you have several candidates.
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    I think it is not very likely that you will see an OT GL. Just about every major OT character showed up in the ST. Hence why we have JML and SEE as the GL's for those characters. Endor Leia and Han seem to be very unlikely candidates. We already have an ST Han, there really isn't much left for him as a GL. If they do Leia, it would most likely be General Organa. I think the characters of Leia and Han are GL worthy, but they have kind of run out of versions at this point.

Leia would be the best idea for a Rebel GL. Maybe they could make the Endor version work somehow or a Bespin version. I think at this point, they are going to look a factions. We have Jedi, GR, Resistance, Unaligned Force User, First Order, Sith, and Empire covered. I would say Rebels is the biggest one missing. Then you can look to BH's, smugglers, etc. I would say the TV shows are going to yield something. Between Fett, Mando, and Ahsoka you have several candidates.

Gold Bikini Slave Leia as Rebel GL with Jabba as Scoundrel GL FTW!! :D
  • Gold Bikini Slave Leia as Rebel GL with Jabba as Scoundrel GL FTW!! :D [/quote]

Defo worth the farming

• EdSolo wrote: »
    I think it is not very likely that you will see an OT GL. Just about every major OT character showed up in the ST. Hence why we have JML and SEE as the GL's for those characters. Endor Leia and Han seem to be very unlikely candidates. We already have an ST Han, there really isn't much left for him as a GL. If they do Leia, it would most likely be General Organa. I think the characters of Leia and Han are GL worthy, but they have kind of run out of versions at this point.

I’ve said it once and I’m saying it again, if there’s a rebel GL it needs to be Saw Gerrara, our first person of color GL. I get Leia being in the OT and almost countering Jabba as a scoundrel GL, but man Saw would slap.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    All boba has done so far Is get beat up and embarrassed ever since he sat on the throne, Jabba gl > boba gl
  • I’ve said it once and I’m saying it again, if there’s a rebel GL it needs to be Saw Gerrara, our first person of color GL. I get Leia being in the OT and almost countering Jabba as a scoundrel GL, but man Saw would slap. [/quote]

As much as I agree there is no one of colour as a GL, saw is not the fit for two reasons
    1.Leia is the “heart of the rebellion” and would make no sense for any rebel GLto not be leia
    2. Rogue one was a crap film alongside the new triology and solo, so no more gl from this era unless it’s the series like ahsoka, plus we need an original triology gl so who better than leia.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rogue One? A crap film? I think you’re on your own with that opinion. Not that it’s wrong… just very weird.

I think Saw would be a nice legendary, but I’m not sure that he’s GL level (though it would be nice to have a GL person of color). I think Leia is an obvious choice, but General Calrissian could be another option. Jabba seems like a good fit for scoundrels and I am begging for legendary Hondo. Of course for next two GL’s they could always do Malgus and Satele…
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Rogue One? A crap film? I think you’re on your own with that opinion. Not that it’s wrong… just very weird.

I think Saw would be a nice legendary, but I’m not sure that he’s GL level (though it would be nice to have a GL person of color). I think Leia is an obvious choice, but General Calrissian could be another option. Jabba seems like a good fit for scoundrels and I am begging for legendary Hondo. Of course for next two GL’s they could always do Malgus and Satele…

I am not saying every element of rogue one is crap, there are some nice features of Darth Vader and shore troopers, and nice cinematography, but overall it is so far off the original trilogy and and second set of films. Plus the rebel characters were so boring and not Star Wars quality, it was a proper Disney film.

Malgus and staele would be a nice addition as they were my introduction to the whole old republic which I now love. But should malgus be higher than revan and should satele Shan be rated higher than Bastila probably not, I think old republic would be difficult as valkorian or arcann could rival that spot but for some weird reason are not loved Star Wars characters.
    I think Saw would be a nice legendary, but I’m not sure that he’s GL level (though it would be nice to have a GL person of color).

Wow, you americans really are racists.
    Noone cares about the skin color of a GL outside your little bana republic.
    I think Saw would be a nice legendary, but I’m not sure that he’s GL level (though it would be nice to have a GL person of color).

Wow, you americans really are racists.
    Noone cares about the skin color of a GL outside your little bana republic.

I didn't until it was mentioned and I'm mixed race so I know the importance. But it is still a valid point, not to say saw should get it over Leia for the rebellion because that would make no sense, but there aren't many cool people of colour in Star Wars outside of mace and lando