Dash Rendar on Cantina

Elidion
47 posts Member
edited January 2022
It feels like you trolling us now...

I've already resigned any hope of farming any characters I was missing in Cantina since I need all my energy and refreshes for relic mats....now you continually add new characters to it...when will you split this relic crap from cantina like you did mods when you created mod energy. I would love to be able to finish farming certain characters and flesh out some teams if I could.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Less than a month for a 16 energy cantina node farm with three refreshes a day. I think that's a good result for a SK req.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Less than a month for a 16 energy cantina node farm with three refreshes a day. I think that's a good result for a SK req.

Sure, if you don't need relic mats.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Less than a month for a 16 energy cantina node farm with three refreshes a day. I think that's a good result for a SK req.

Sure, if you don't need relic mats.

Oh, I do, but much prefer this over a Hard node. 21 shards already, as its just been my reset.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Elidion wrote: »

I've already resigned any hope of farming any characters I was missing in Cantina since I need all my energy and refreshes for relic mats....now you continually add new characters to it...when will you split this relic crap from cantina like you did mods when you created mod energy. I would love to be able to finish farming certain characters and flesh out some teams if I could.
    Continually?

This is the first character going to a cantina node for almost a year.
  • Yes, please add all 4 SK reqs to 20 energy fleet hard nodes or 20 energy LS/DS hard nodes (full focus on either side so GL ticket chasers that go for the other side get punished). /s
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • At this point, I'm doing three refreshes on relics until I finish JMK requirements and using any residual cantina energy for Dash. Once I get the JMK relics done, then I will switch to Dash farming. There is really no rush since you need to get all four toons to 7* anyways. At least one of them will end up on a hard node somewhere.
  • I have done 6 energy fills for cantina + whatever I already had after the announcement. I have gotten 3 shards.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I have done 6 energy fills for cantina + whatever I already had after the announcement. I have gotten 3 shards.

RNG is a fickle mistress. I did 3 refreshes the first day he hit Cantina and got 13 shards.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    This is the first character going to a cantina node for almost a year.

Yup. I think the last one was Moff Gideon. Released Dec 2020 and in the cantina ~March 2021.
    Once a year is hardly "continually" Elidion.
  • Here’s a thought: you don’t have to farm new characters the moment they’re farmable.

Finish farming up your current teams, then move on
  • Elidion wrote: »

I threw this out there in a different thread. Not sure if it would be a huge help, but it might be a step in the right direction.

"Change the way Mod Battles/Challenges are set up. 8 tiers of 1 or 2 dot Mod Battles that no one touches after a certain point is just silly. Adjust Mod Challenges so that Tier 1 offers 1/2 dots for beginners, Tier 2 offers 3/4 dots for early/mid level and then Tier 3 offers 5 and MAYBE 6 dot mods. Then figure out how to take the wasted mod battle tiers and implement them better so we can farm more relic material.
    Maybe move the Signal Data there too so we can actually farm characters in Cantina if still needed.
    Something along that line."
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Here’s a thought: you don’t have to farm new characters the moment they’re farmable. Finish farming up your current teams, then move on

Huh? I don't get it.
    Wait, you mean I don't have to????
    hmmmmm
    :)
  • It's not just about this one character, the main point of the post was to try and get Relic stuff moved out of cantina and possibly it's own spot/energy like they eventually did with mods. Mods used to be cantina as well but were moved to its own energy source so that people didn't have to choose between mod farming/slicing and cantina farming...then they added the relic mats to cantina a year later. I'm just saying it's time they evaluate this. Most people I know haven't farmed cantina for anything but relic mats for a long time. I never asked them to put Dash into Fleet or Hard Nodes...
  • No, but you did say the “continually” put new characters on Cantina nodes, which just isn’t true.
  • No, but you did say the “continually” put new characters on Cantina nodes, which just isn’t true.

Of course now, we are "bugging" the OP about his one word mistake instead of addressing the point he is trying to make.

I would prefer that no more toons are added to cantina to farm so I can concentrate 100% on the signal datas but even I admit, once a year isn't the end of the world.

His idea isn't terrible, I just don't see CG doing it any time soon. Maybe if they did add 10+ toons a year....
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    No, but you did say the “continually” put new characters on Cantina nodes, which just isn’t true.

Of course now, we are "bugging" the OP about his one word mistake instead of addressing the point he is trying to make.

I would prefer that no more toons are added to cantina to farm so I can concentrate 100% on the signal datas but even I admit, once a year isn't the end of the world.

His idea isn't terrible, I just don't see CG doing it any time soon. Maybe if they did add 10+ toons a year....

The bigger issue he brings up is for players that need old characters from there still. If you weren't playing for a few years prior to relics, then you never finished everyone. Not sure how many don't have other farming locations, but it's a valid concern.

Of course, resource management, yadda yadda.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No, but you did say the “continually” put new characters on Cantina nodes, which just isn’t true.

People often make "mistakes" on purpose to try and strengthen their argument, and the line must be drawn HERE!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    the line must be drawn HERE!

scz869j5vrs2.gif
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    the line must be drawn HERE!

scz869j5vrs2.gif

Thanks Ric
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

OK, you win.
    (Kyle Katarn)

OK, you win.
    (Kyle Katarn)

I'm still happy. Next relics I need are for Starkiller units anyway. 21 day farm for an awesome MM addition is great for me.