oQGJ change

Replies

• How about this example when you refunded Old Daka's zeta despite her kit remaining completely unchanged. If the answer is no, it's what it is, but please don't feed us lies.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183070/update-on-nightsister-zombie-and-old-daka
  • I can only think they are referring to his identity from before the omicron. That is the only explanation that makes sense to me. I have to join with those expressing disappointment over this decision.
  • Cgb046 wrote: »
    I can only think they are referring to his identity from before the omicron. That is the only explanation that makes sense to me. I have to join with those expressing disappointment over this decision.

It's not just disappointment in their decision. Their reasoning once again flies in the face of player experience. I'd respect them a lot more if they just said, "No. Sorry. Buyer beware. Feels bad, man."
  • Nothing like researching and making a good purchase, then having it burned in front of you with no refund.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    And this was an unexpected response?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.

True, QGJ did not become Obi-Wan Kenobi, nor did he enter Witness Protection. As such, his identity remains the same.

However, the ability that requires unique materials which were placed under an essentially different text has been changed to something else. One could say that the text of the omicron has had its identity changed to such a degree that it is something different than when most people placed their omicrons on it.

As such, and with the precedent cited above, why would it not be easier to refund the materials and allow the players to decide whether the identity of the ability is essentially the same or not?

That would be good customer service.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.

I mean, you completely changed the identity (ignoring the fact that this has never been the bar) of the ability. When refunding is such a small thing to do here, especially if many will still re-apply, it's pretty bogus to not. Par for the course at this point, really.
  • Who knew that Quigon would be given the Omicron virus on purpose? We either laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.
  • I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

You have refunded zetas in the past when there was an interaction, but did not fundamentally change their identity (daka, OGfinn). You even refunded relic levels because of changing damage outputs which didn't change the fundamental identity of those characters (dark trooper, JKL,GAS).

how is this any different??

This is really a poor decision in a line of poor decisions. I have really had it with the inconsistencies of this company.

That’s ****. This is the same level of change as the zFinn lead and that was returned. This change fundamentally changed the way that I was planning to use QGJ.

That is an absolute rubbish answer and typical of what I have come to expect from this company. At the very minimum your customers should be refunded the ultra rare omicron materials. You refunded Finn’s Zeta mats, and that was not nearly as “fundamental change” to his identity as this is. Do better CG. Or lose more customers.
  • Looks like a significant change to me but I’m sure you guys tested this out…right???
  • So if you’re not going to refund the mats, is there a process we can follow to request the refund for this “bait-and-switch” from customer support? Or should we just go to our respective appstores?

As others have pointed out, you've given refunds for far smaller changes
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Who knew that Quigon would be given the Omicron virus on purpose? We either laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.

They should implement this as a feature:

If you face a QGJ omicron in GAC, your non-omicron QGJ will get an omicron equipped (at the cost of your hoarded 20)

Outstanding! Keep up the great work! Thoroughly disappointed.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Who knew that Quigon would be given the Omicron virus on purpose? We either laugh or cry. I choose to laugh.

They should implement this as a feature:

If you face a QGJ omicron in GAC, your non-omicron QGJ will get an omicron equipped (at the cost of your hoarded 20)

You joke, but we both know that they have thought of that already.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    Anyways, closing this thread

People were requesting a refund

Request was denied

thread has served its purpose
  • Given the overzealous closing of threads that didn’t allow the question to be asked where it made more sense, I’ll pose it on its own -

Can we have some clarification on what sorts of changes/nerfs we can expect refunds for versus changes we shouldn’t?

There seems to be a lack of consistency, at least to me, even among some of the most recent changes, that makes it tough to understand and rationalize.
  • I feel like, generally speaking, people who put an ability on AFTER the announcement that the ability will be changed are out of luck. You knew it was going to be changed, you just wanted to flavor of the month while it lasted and were hoping to exchange it for a new ice cream cone once the change went through.

Apply it before the change was announced? Different story.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CG: So we're bringing a new currency to the game. It's called Omicron and it's going to make some lesser used toons more viable in certain areas.
    SWGOH community: Sounds awesome.
    CG: We're going to make the currency really rare so you'll have to pick and choose where you spend.
    Community: Umm, ok.
    CG: One of the first toons is going to be QGJ. We're going to give him and his team massive offence.
    Community: (Spends big on rare currency, spends zetas and gear upgrading older Jedi).
    CG: Umm, we've made him too good. We're going to have to nerf him.
    Community: Well that's pretty crappy but ok, just give us a refund of the rare currency, don't worry too much about the other zetas and gear we've "wasted" on Jedi that we'll no longer use.
    CG: Umm, this isn't a nerf and it doesn't reach the bar of where we refund mats.
    Community: Wait, what now? We entered into a social contract with you. You promised to deliver a certain product upon payment of certain currency. You changed the product after the deal. Now you're not returning the currency? ****!?!
    CG: ...
    Mods: (turning off comments).
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like, generally speaking, people who put an ability on AFTER the announcement that the ability will be changed are out of luck. You knew it was going to be changed, you just wanted to flavor of the month while it lasted and were hoping to exchange it for a new ice cream cone once the change went through.

I’m for the most part in agreement with that. I think there are cases where I would disagree though, and the QGJ change is one. The change they ended up making is significantly different than what they initially sketched out. That said, I suppose you could still make the argument that anyone putting the omicron on after the announcement was taking a known risk.
  • CG: So we're bringing a new currency to the game. It's called Omicron and it's going to make some lesser used toons more viable in certain areas.
    SWGOH community: Sounds awesome.
    CG: We're going to make the currency really rare so you'll have to pick and choose where you spend.
    Community: Umm, ok.
    CG: One of the first toons is going to be QGJ. We're going to give him and his team massive offence.
    Community: (Spends big on rare currency, spends zetas and gear upgrading older Jedi).
    CG: Umm, we've made him too good. We're going to have to nerf him.
    Community: Well that's pretty crappy but ok, just give us a refund of the rare currency, don't worry too much about the other zetas and gear we've "wasted" on Jedi that we'll no longer use.
    CG: Umm, this isn't a nerf and it doesn't reach the bar of where we refund mats.
    Community: Wait, what now? We entered into a social contract with you. You promised to deliver a certain product upon payment of certain currency. You changed the product after the deal. Now you're not returning the currency? ****!?!
    CG: ...

Pretty much. The community just needs to join together and NOT invest in omicrons further. CG lied about this omicron and aren’t refunding it.

I suggest everyone contact the iOS and Android stores for a refund. No investment into this game is safe for even a month with this precedent. Why spend money to get ahead when CG will pull you back behind a few weeks later?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like, generally speaking, people who put an ability on AFTER the announcement that the ability will be changed are out of luck. You knew it was going to be changed, you just wanted to flavor of the month while it lasted and were hoping to exchange it for a new ice cream cone once the change went through.

Tbf, they didn't say the ability will be changed but that it was giving too much offense compared to what was written in the kit. So the "too much offense" change is fair game, but the rewording of the skill regarding GLs is another story. Not that I care so much, but people who complain about that have a point.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I'll reopen

The suggestion that:

"why would it not be easier to refund the materials and allow the players to decide whether the identity of the ability is essentially the same or not?"

has been conveyed repeatedly to the developer team

I think its a pretty solid point, if the ability is no different than just refund and let the players decide if they still want the ability

I'll reopen but this argument won't make a difference
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'll reopen

The suggestion that:

"why would it not be easier to refund the materials and allow the players to decide whether the identity of the ability is essentially the same or not?"

has been conveyed repeatedly to the developer team

I think its a pretty solid point, if the ability is no different than just refund and let the players decide if they still want the ability

I'll reopen but this argument won't make a difference

I agree there probably wont be a difference, but I do think changing a GL killing potential team to no longer work should allow a refund at the minimum.
    imo it is like other said for the summer nerf when they changed character to no longer counter GLs they gave some refunds, they stayed the same character but were made less useful in there GL counter spots
  • If dad bod Boba wasn't being unlocked by thousands of players would the decision be different? Because having a refund after CG removed omicrons from the weekly shipments would greatly reduce the crunch of needing them. Which would decrease spending. That seems more of a rationale for not giving a refund then what was actually given.

But I'm supposed to be constructive here. Cheers for reopening the thread after getting called out for closing it.
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

Whoever determined "the bar" does not understand that term.

Note: I have not applied the Omi, because it was obvious it would be changed. However, this sets an impossible bar for future refunds.
  • Also, admire the absolute cajones it takes to post this on a Friday evening to just step away and watch the forum burn.
This discussion has been closed.