oQGJ change

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Also, admire the absolute cajones it takes to post this on a Friday evening to just step away and watch the forum burn.

Would you have preferred a response on tuesday instead?
  • I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.

Jar jar Fett at it again. Boo this man.
  • Also, admire the absolute cajones it takes to post this on a Friday evening to just step away and watch the forum burn.

Standard Modus Operandi, alas.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Also, admire the absolute cajones it takes to post this on a Friday evening to just step away and watch the forum burn.

Would you have preferred a response on tuesday instead?

As in rhe day before the nerf happened? Sure!
  • Why does CG always tell the players to shove it on a friday? They are such cowards.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity. This change did not hit that bar.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.

The kit is fundamentally changed, QGJ no himself longer gains *any* benefit from the Omi AND it removed another element of the Omi when there are GL's involved. That's *two* fundamental changes that 100% changes the identity of the ability. This wasn't a bug fix; it was working exactly as written and presented.

This was a problem with CG's lack of testing and now the players are being penalized one of the rarest resources in the game. A resource that we fundamentally *can't* test effectively ourselves outside of single rare opportunities in limited game modes that are not always running.

And CG has refunded resources such as Zetas and Relic materials for *lesser* changes.

It's like CG deliberately likes **** off their players.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    It's like CG deliberately likes **** of their players.

People have to get it through their head that CG doesn’t care about players. They are a free mobile game developer, they intentionally design and treat their game to frustrate the players to encourage them to spend money. They push it farther than most mobile games because people like Star Wars. CG knows people will pay for Star Wars and they take full advantage of that and treat the players as poorly as they can get away with. They literally profit off the suffering of the people who play their game, why do so many people think they can plead with them to care about the players?
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI bait and switch. Will google play agree with your assessment that this change doesn’t warrant a refund?

Just saying you sell these resources, that we can’t test. Now we have to assume your nerf isn’t significant when it sounds like it is.

CG deserves all their hate for these mistakes. Test your product.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2022

People have to get it through their head that CG doesn’t care about players. They are a free mobile game developer, they intentionally design and treat their game to frustrate the players to encourage them to spend money. They push it farther than most mobile games because people like Star Wars. CG knows people will pay for Star Wars and they take full advantage of that and treat the players as poorly as they can get away with. They literally profit off the suffering of the people who play their game, why do so many people think they can plead with them to care about the players?

Who's pleading with them to care? Nowhere did I plead with them. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and that this is blatantly a problem created by CG's poor testing and theory crafting. CG needs to get it through their head that the more they mistreat their players, the less players they retain. If they never care about their customers, it eventually becomes a self-correcting problem - the customers leave. This is true of any business, and while this game has immense staying power it's still a fate that awaits every game, including Star Wars games. They seem to be deliberately trying to hasten that slide into irrelevance with their actions of late.
  • I'm curious whether DadBod with his 3 Omicrons is supposed to rival GLs in TW. Seems like it adds more confusion as to what are *supposed* to beat GLs and what are not.
  • I applied the omicron. If they refund, great, I'll put it back on. Qui-Gon Jin rules. Oh no it can be countered with a Galactic Legend... So you're saying I can put down a defense that draws out a Galactic Legend and I don't need to farm 15 characters and several thousand Dark/Light tickets to do that?

Awesome. Sign me up. I'll take that deal any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I feel like, generally speaking, people who put an ability on AFTER the announcement that the ability will be changed are out of luck. You knew it was going to be changed, you just wanted to flavor of the month while it lasted and were hoping to exchange it for a new ice cream cone once the change went through.

Apply it before the change was announced? Different story.

Tbf, they didn't say the ability will be changed but that it was giving too much offense compared to what was written in the kit. So the "too much offense" change is fair game, but the rewording of the skill regarding GLs is another story. Not that I care so much, but people who complain about that have a point.

The “too much offense” thing was also described without referring to whether it was a bug or not. The way it was worded made it seem like the issue was QGJ giving excess of 400% Offense (bug) and not QGJ giving 400% of his boosted offense (which was as written).
  • It's simple give people back the mats ( remove the omicron) and let the paying (playing) gamers decide where they want the omnicon . Personally... I waited to see where I would put it ... yes.... seemed I needed to put it on QGJ..for reasons of staying relevant in GAC and so earn my Crystals... You can't take the effect away and not say it does not fundamentally change the Identity... or do you mean... you won't refund until you do it? Some people rushed farms on this character as well (spent money I.e Thus Bait and change as previously discussed), also to stay relevant
    Seems to be the same story though over and over again . The Community is overlooked !
  • The Community is overlooked !

Trust me, we aren’t overlooked, we just aren’t regarded as the customer. CG is equivalent to the scammers who put a fake virus on your computer then pretend to be customer support and remove it for a hefty fee. You are to CG what an old person is to fake Microsoft.
  • Can't they grab his offense before the match starts (if needed, use a simple equation to remove the bonus offense) and then use that number when he dies? Seems like basic coding.
  • I checked in so I could get an answer for those who are asking about a refund.

Darktrooper literally not changed at all (just SEE) = Refund

QGJ nerfed 3 ways:
    -Offense share after death
    -No longer works against a GL
    -No longer works with a GL on same team

No refund.

This makes zero sense.

Darktrooper literally not changed at all (just SEE) = Refund

QGJ nerfed 3 ways:
    -Offense share after death
    -No longer works against a GL
    -No longer works with a GL on same team

No refund.

This makes zero sense.

Don’t forget #4: QGJ doesn’t get the extra Omicron offense, just ‘other’ Jedi allies.
  • I didn't apply the Omicron for QGJ so this nerf/change does not affect me but honestly...

CG must get hit internally on some Company Report on any kind of REFUNDS and thus the cheap, skinflint, scraping the juice from a stone to get any kind of acknowledgement and refund for CG to pony up that they SCREWED up..

If you change the product you sold, because of the code and interaction you designed and don't want to happen any more, say you're sorry, make good and earn your customers RESPECT...

I do that with my business, and earn more customers and word of mouth grows..

Business 101, guys...

• Why is everyone crying about a refund when cg was gracious enough to offer some omicrons in packs and conquest pass?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I applied the omicron. If they refund, great, I'll put it back on. Qui-Gon Jin rules. Oh no it can be countered with a Galactic Legend... So you're saying I can put down a defense that draws out a Galactic Legend and I don't need to farm 15 characters and several thousand Dark/Light tickets to do that?

Awesome. Sign me up. I'll take that deal any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

There were plenty of non gl counters pre-nerf.
  • I had Dark Trooper at relic 7 before the Great Nerf. He was reset to r5 and the mats for r6+7 refunded even though his kit hadn't been changed at all. The only relevant change was to SEE's kit in order to ensure that he can't (easily) be countered with Imps.

QGJ was nerfed for the same reason, to take another GL counter off the table. And in this case his actual kit and ability description saw a pretty drastic change. To flat out state "none of this omicron magic applies against GLs" is a massive nerf.
    You knew it was going to be changed

Most players didn't know this. Most players hail from countries outside of the anglosphere and speak varying degrees of English, if any. The game has been translated into their languages and CG is happy to accept payments in their local currencies, but official announcements leave them out in the cold. There was no ingame announcement and nothing was translated into the various customer languages, which is a general problem btw. So no, you and CG can't assume that everyone was properly informed.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Can't they grab his offense before the match starts (if needed, use a simple equation to remove the bonus offense) and then use that number when he dies? Seems like basic coding.

Then you would lose out on bonuses from KAM unique and other abilities that increase his offense
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Mods: (turning off comments).
    I'll reopen

The suggestion that:

"why would it not be easier to refund the materials and allow the players to decide whether the identity of the ability is essentially the same or not?"

has been conveyed repeatedly to the developer team

I think its a pretty solid point, if the ability is no different than just refund and let the players decide if they still want the ability

I'll reopen but this argument won't make a difference

There are big differences now though. Two very big differences.

1.) A reduction in 50%+ of the offense QGJ was originally granting allies on his death.

2.) No longer works at all with any GL’s on the field.
    I applied the omicron. If they refund, great, I'll put it back on. Qui-Gon Jin rules. Oh no it can be countered with a Galactic Legend... So you're saying I can put down a defense that draws out a Galactic Legend and I don't need to farm 15 characters and several thousand Dark/Light tickets to do that?

Except that’s not the point. They sold a certain ability and players spent a brand new and extremely scarce currency to get the ability as they sold it. Their shoddy testing made them then reduce bonus offense given upon QGJ’s death by over half and then added in that none of the omi works when a GL is involved.

Also, to your point, there are non GL counters and I’m sure more now that the bonus damage was reduced by over half.
  • And they also told you they were going to change the ability. That sucks, but I knew what I was getting when I applied that omicron.

Well, rather, I didn't know. But that's exactly the point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member

As long as they players who stay keep whaling harder, there's no reason for CG to care. Maybe that's not actually the case, but after no improvements to conquest (only making it worse) after all the spenders who left due to conquest, either the remaining whales are making up the difference, or the way CG is tracking this stuff is flawed and weighted towards not taking into account all the people quitting.
This discussion has been closed.