“We return resources for a character if we fundamentally change their identity”.

Prev1

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Are you aware the link doesn’t work?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Are you aware the link doesn’t work?

should work now
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think they should've refunded the omicron but I don't think your argument is a good comparision since Zombie went through an entire character rework
  • And they refunded Old Daka, seams like a softer reason for a refund then than now. *shrug*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    They really should refund the materials.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Padriach wrote: »
    And they refunded Old Daka, seams like a softer reason for a refund then than now. *shrug*

that was then

At the end of the day, CG has the right to decide when materials should be refunded, even if they gave refund for a similar scenario over 3 years ago
  • And we have the right to cry foul and complain, even if we know it's for naught.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    And they refunded Old Daka, seams like a softer reason for a refund then than now. *shrug*

that was then

At the end of the day, CG has the right to decide when materials should be refunded, even if they gave refund for a similar scenario over 3 years ago

Sure, but don't state a "rule" for refunds if that's not actually the rule.

that was then

Alright, Dark Trooper was just a couple months ago. Seems like that should be recent enough to be a comparison, no?

that was then

Sure, but don't state a "rule" for refunds if that's not actually the rule.

It’s not stating a rule so much as pointing out a contradiction. If I eat peas for dinner then a week later when my wife makes peas again and I say “I don’t eat peas”, the first thing she will say is “but you ate peas last week”.

that was then

At the end of the day they 'sold' something that was stared to work in a certain way, they then commented that it was bugged and proceeded to change how it *fundamentally* worked in addition to addressing the so called bug.

Its their game, cg will do whatever they believe is in their best interest. Imo though their stance here is shady in the extreme.

At the end of another day if cg are confident that the ability has not fundamentally changed then give the players agency to make the choice with the full new information. I wonder if their reluctance has anything to do with a character being unlocked in two days that wants 3 full omicrons.

For the record I have it on two accounts and would probably reapply it if it was refunded, however that should be my choice.

• If the change wasn't fundamental, just reverse it and everyone will be happy.

The uproar would suggest that the change is absolutely fundamental.

As such, the policy dictates a refund is applicable.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Ultra wrote: »

that was then

And we have the right to go 100% Free to play. CG can explain to EA corporate how not refunding an imaginary item was the right move even if revs drop.

that was then

And we have the right to go 100% Free to play. CG can explain to EA corporate how not refunding an imaginary item was the right move even if revs drop.

I seriously doubt a consistent spender that sticks with the game would change spending behavior based upon this.

that was then

I seriously doubt a consistent spender that sticks with the game would change spending behavior based upon this.

What does consistent spending really get you though?

Woohoo, I’m gonna rank 8047 in Kyber instead of 9252. So worth that $300 whale on Dash 🤦🏻‍♂️
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • This is such trash. Potential counter to GL, turns into does absolutely nothing against GLs. I wasted a zeta, an omi, and a bunch of gear on trash Jedi. I can see the offense change (though seriously, test your game), but the GL change. So infuriating. Do better.

that was then

The last straw effect. CG has goofed on almost all releases of new heroes. I call it open Alpha testing. Or in mechanics terms, they don't look up the torque specs for a bolt etc, they strip it and back it off half a turn.lol
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    It’s absolutely mind blowing that’s the excuse they came up with for refusing a refund of materials.

And don’t blame Doja. It looks like the 2nd paragraph of his response was copied and pasted from a response he received.

That response was clearly from someone who wasn’t familiar with the history of this game and what has historically received material refunds.

It was a response from someone more concerned with the immediate bottom line than providing good customer service. Someone too short sighted to understand that good customer service has a more significant long-term impact on revenue than a short term bump in sales.

The ironic part is that short term bump will probably be negated by all the refunds requests coming from android and apple users for the $ they invested.

And what will you have in the end? The same revenue, with a bunch of newly **** off customers.

You guys are smarter than this. Surely you have MBAs. It’s not too late to make this right.
  • TheDude420 wrote: »
    It’s absolutely mind blowing that’s the excuse they came up with for refusing a refund of materials.

And don’t blame Doja. It looks like the 2nd paragraph of his response was copied and pasted from a response he received.

That response was clearly from someone who wasn’t familiar with the history of this game and what has historically received material refunds.

It was a response from someone more concerned with the immediate bottom line than providing good customer service. Someone too short sighted to understand that good customer service has a more significant long-term impact on revenue than a short term bump in sales.

The ironic part is that short term bump will probably be negated by all the refunds requests coming from android and apple users for the $ they invested.

And what will you have in the end? The same revenue, with a bunch of newly **** off customers.

You guys are smarter than this. Surely you have MBAs. It’s not too late to make this right.

"Ahh..well that's your opinion man.."

And I agree :)

that was then

I am with DuneSeaFarmer. I used to spend monthly. Now I am not.

So yes a consistent spender can change spending behaviour based on this. The last straw indeed!
  • Yeah I'm also with you Ryconnan and DuneSeaFarmer, also was a consistent spender
    The straw for me happened a good while ago, the added straws now just remind me that my back is still broken.
  • I was an ardent non spender after the Malak fiasco. Loved the GAC changes, so I rewarded CG with some $. Now I'm back for a while :(
  • Ever since SA went away and they keep nerfing things I went FTP. It is quite refreshing.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • We have community managers who don't respect the community and think we are all daft. The sooner the player base realizes that sound arguments don't matter to these two the better we all are. Pretty sure Doja was hired solely to spell check for Crumb.
  • I was going to stop being FTP for anything Sith related, but I guess I won't, since there's zero guarantee that the new Sith toon wouldn't be nerfed to the ground right after I whale for it.
    I ain't buying **** for real money if CG can just randomly make it significantly weaker, with no compensation.
  • Its working as it reads, you only put it on cos you heard it was op and wanted an unfair advantage
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Its working as it reads, you only put it on cos you heard it was op and wanted an unfair advantage

An op ability on an incredibly F2P accessible character…

Yeah totally unfair! Not fair in the slightest!!!!
  • Strange game, the only winning move is not to play lol