Chase CAT or Maul?

I'm a relaxed player not doing the most efficient work, but having fun. :p
https://swgoh.gg/p/917197765/characters/

I'm going for Executor (I get #1 in fleet with Rebels, but that needs to change if I am to keep near the top) and then aim for GL Lord Vader (or maybe GL Kenobi). (I know, there's SLKR as a 1st GL but I don't like the requirements or toons.)

I have CAT at 196/330 and Maul at 113/330 (plus about 20 more on Maul when this conquest finishes.) I'm still doing Normal because I bought the basic pass and need to progress as far as I can (I'll probably just miss the red box.)

I have currently 1345 conquest credits and nearly 1/2 way through sector 4. Should I be spending these conquest credits on CAT or Maul?

As I understand it, CAT will not be able to be bought with conquest credits soon, and Maul will be available longer. I don't fancy the crystal prices for their shards, but might spend if I was close to an unlock.

Any advice appreciated. B)

Replies

• crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Not much in the way of advice on your farming choices, but do you have the GP to do Hard Mode? I believe crate 1 on Hard has better rewards than max crate on Normal.
  • I could do Hard I think (4m GP), but wasn't sure which would be better:
    end at first box on hard vs almost complete Normal plus rewards for the Pass (20 Maul I think, plus a few extra consumables).
    How much conquest credit would I get if I could only get to first box on hard?
  • I'll clarify my question a little: I'm not asking which is the better character, but which I could unlock first given Maul will be available from conquest longer than CAT.
  • KuroNeko wrote: »
    I'll clarify my question a little: I'm not asking which is the better character, but which I could unlock first given Maul will be available from conquest longer than CAT.

We don’t know till we find out her post-conquest location
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • I guess the most important point for you to decide is who you want your GL to be, if it's Kenobi or Vader. As you probably now, you need Maul to make Vader shine and CAT to make Kenobi shine, so depending on who your GL is, this will make this decision easier. Looking at your GL Gear Needed page, you appear to be equally close to either.

It is true that Maul will be available from Conquest longer, but CAT will be farmable elsewhere a year after she was first added to conquest (June, I think), so that should make her farming easier.

I don't have much experience in Hard conquest, as I cannot do it myself, but looking at your roster it makes me think you probably wouldn't be stuck in Hard conquest at the first crate and you should be able to get further.
  • Well, this should be the last conquest that has Maul as a reward. The main decision is whether you are going for JMK or LV. Whichever one you choose answers the question if you should go for CAT or Maul first. I won't have Maul until this conquest ends, so I don't know how useful he is. I've seen more uses for CAT so far. I have only encountered Maul with LV. Haven't seen him used anywhere else.
  • Maul is good with Mandalorians if you wanted to go that route. CAT helps out in many ways not just with JMK.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I like CAT better than Maul, but as I prefer to go for GL-LV I know I'll need Maul. So, Maul it is I think. He'll also be available from Conquest store for a bit, while CAT is due to leave.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Maul is good with Mandalorians if you wanted to go that route. CAT helps out in many ways not just with JMK.

Yeah

CAT is very plug and play for many teams (Galactic Republic, Rey, JMK) etc. Helps you a lot in LSTB too since you are still struggling to have decent squads for it at 4m GP

Maul is great to go after if you have invested enough in Mandalorians, and its a very niche group, good for GAC, Conquest and TW

CAT is good for the same game modes + TB
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    No matter what you choose it is a good choice as both characters are great. My advice is go for the one that you are closer to finishing. Also, since you can still buy RC is the conquest store for conquest currency I'd think the same would be true for CAT in the next iteration.

Like I said though, either way is a good choice.