Prestigious Quests - Bounty Hunters

Prev1
Daclif
27 posts Member
edited February 2023
Hi,

the prestigious quest for the Bounty Hunters requires you to kill 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present. Now given that this is only possible in the Galactic Bounties I - event (and these occur roughly 7times a year) you will need 3.5 years to ever finish this quest. And that is only the first out of 7 quests in this line. 3.5 years ...
In this intended ?

Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• The developers have long forgotten about these quests I’m afraid. One thought though - if you can reach out to someone in your squad arena it might be easier to rack up some Wampa kills there?
  • The Quests failed like many other things they came up with.
  • The developers have long forgotten about these quests I’m afraid. One thought though - if you can reach out to someone in your squad arena it might be easier to rack up some Wampa kills there?

well, lets assume for the argument, that reaching out is not possible on most people's arena rank. E.g., I am ranking between 400 and 600 and naturally this is not stable. Therefore it would neither be possible to reach out to enough people, nor to actually meet in the Arena.

• Daclif wrote: »
    The developers have long forgotten about these quests I’m afraid. One thought though - if you can reach out to someone in your squad arena it might be easier to rack up some Wampa kills there?

well, lets assume for the argument, that reaching out is not possible on most people's arena rank. E.g., I am ranking between 400 and 600 and naturally this is not stable. Therefore it would neither be possible to reach out to enough people, nor to actually meet in the Arena.

Whats preventing you from finding someone in the 400-600 range?
    Especially since Squad arena failed too, so there's really no real consequence of dropping from 50 to 500 any more.
  • In Hoth dark side tb there's 3 wampas in the bh mission
  • Also sometimes Wampa in Galactic War nodes, but I know that's a time sink.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    1. Galactic War (GW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. You will have to fight through all 12 battles manually (no simming) to find out.
    2. Squad Arena. You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you happen to know somebody in the same arena group (aka shard), you can politely ask them to place a Wampa on their team for you to fight. (If they happen to have one)
    3. Grand Arena Championships (GAC). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you are polite, you could always send a message to your opponent and ask them to put one on defense for you. Maybe they will do it. (If they happen to have one)
    4. Territory War (TW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe.
    5. Dark Side Hoth Territory Battle (DS Hoth TB). In phase two, the special mission where you can only use Bounty Hunters. There are 5 Wampas to kill there.
    6. During the Galactic Bounties I event, you will have the opportunity to kill 2 Wampas. This event repeats once every six weeks on average.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I have also suggested that a Wampa be added to conquest from time to time. I have yet to see one.

Considering it will cost 20 energy to do said battle, I doubt there will be many that will spend hundreds of crystals just to progress to the next quest (and for the 10 crystal & 50K credit prize). That being said, if a player is only missing a few more kills, said player might just do it to get it over with.
  • 1. Galactic War (GW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. You will have to fight through all 12 battles manually (no simming) to find out.
    2. Squad Arena. You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you happen to know somebody in the same arena group (aka shard), you can politely ask them to place a Wampa on their team for you to fight. (If they happen to have one)
    3. Grand Arena Championships (GAC). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you are polite, you could always send a message to your opponent and ask them to put one on defense for you. Maybe they will do it. (If they happen to have one)
    4. Territory War (TW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe.
    5. Dark Side Hoth Territory Battle (DS Hoth TB). In phase two, the special mission where you can only use Bounty Hunters. There are 5 Wampas to kill there.
    6. During the Galactic Bounties I event, you will have the opportunity to kill 2 Wampas. This event repeats once every six weeks on average.

Do you want to take me for a ride?
    It is very clear that 1.-4. are out of your control.
    I have this quest online for 1 year. I know exactly how many Wampas I can find in 1.-4. Zero. Within 1 year and moreover people sim the Galactic war, you know. They sim it !

Regarding 5. Do you know any guild above 200m GP (or even 100m GP for that matter) that is doing Hoth DS ? They either do Hoth LS + Geos DS or Geos LS and Geos DS and the average person will certainly not change into a beginner's guild in order to do some random and totally unnecessary quest.

Regarding 6. This I had mentioned in my original post. You have on average 7 Galactic Bounties per year. It hence takes 3.5 year to have 25 events where you will find 50 Wampas.
    This was my whole initial statement, that it takes the average person 3.5 years to finish this quest.
    Hence I am asking in the official CG forum if that is intended. Having some vain hope that some guys at CG realize, no, maybe that was not intended.

Did you check your own comment, if it was practical for the average user, before you posted it ?
    The developers have long forgotten about these quests I’m afraid. One thought though - if you can reach out to someone in your squad arena it might be easier to rack up some Wampa kills there?

Whats preventing you from finding someone in the 400-600 range?
    Especially since Squad arena failed too, so there's really no real consequence of dropping from 50 to 500 any more.

The likelihood of meeting the exact same person in a 400-600 range. That is preventing this. You can not "invite" people to a arena match. First, the other person has to be like 50 ranks within your rank, that already takes some skillful coordination. Second, you would have to refresh I dont how many times and third somebody else must not have engaged already with this bad team in order to gain some easy win in the meanwhile, while you are clicking the refresh button. That is all assuming that you really find somebody who is in your shard, while he is not actually searching, because he is not in the Top50 (and it already doesnt matter no more) and who then would be willing to jump through all the hoops just to help some random stranger with the most unimportant quest.
    Any more questions ?

I have this quest online for 1 year. I know exactly how many Wampas I can find in 1.-4. Zero. Within 1 year and moreover people sim the Galactic war, you know. They sim it !

Regarding 5. Do you know any guild above 200m GP (or even 100m GP for that matter) that is doing Hoth DS ? They either do Hoth LS + Geos DS or Geos LS and Geos DS and the average person will certainly not change into a beginner's guild in order to do some random and totally unnecessary quest.

Regarding 6. This I had mentioned in my original post. You have on average 7 Galactic Bounties per year. It hence takes 3.5 year to have 25 events where you will find 50 Wampas.
    This was my whole initial statement, that it takes the average person 3.5 years to finish this quest.
    Hence I am asking in the official CG forum if that is intended. Having some vain hope that some guys at CG realize, no, maybe that was not intended.

Did you check your own comment, if it was practical for the average user, before you posted it ?

So lets us begin.
    1. If you are simming GW, stop. I know its a pain in the rear end, but there is a small chance you will find a Wampa there. Good luck. :(
    2. My 350 million GP guild voted on doing a DS Hoth TB over these past holidays as a way to take a break. It was a nice change of pace. A bunch of the members had never done the 48 star achievement. Is my guild the norm? Probably not but if you look around, you will find guilds that do the same. Post an ad (send me a DM and I can help you with that). When I was stuck on BH quest 3/8 for a year, I only solved my problem by switching guilds. It took CG almost another year to finally fix the IG88 quest bug. Is switching guilds the best solution for you? That is for you to decide.
    3. Yup. It sucks. Relying solely on the GB I event is terrible. Since you said asking your arena shard mates isn't feasible, have you tried asking your GAC opponents for a Wampa favor? If they have all said no, then you make a valid case. If you haven't even tried...
    4. I know very well what I wrote. I have copied & pasted it many times whenever some brings up Wampas and that dang quest.
    5. Also as I have stated in the very next post, I wish CG would add the occasional Wampa to conquest to help with this problem.
    1. Galactic War (GW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. You will have to fight through all 12 battles manually (no simming) to find out.

He tries to help and you are rude. Not cool!
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    Daclif wrote: »

He tries to help and you are rude. Not cool!
    More than once in this thread too.

Good luck to the OP, I say. People have offered some potential solutions and he has chosen to berate them, as if the whole situation were their fault.

Here’s another potential solution: stop caring about these quests as they are inconsequential. Or, git gud and get higher up in squad arena where you are more likely to be able to contact your opponents.

• He tries to help and you are rude. Not cool![/quote]

No, he does not. He has not even read the question. How are you supposed to help, if you dont read the question. He is taking me for a ride and people dont like to be taken for a ride.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited January 2022

No, he does not. He has not even read the question. How are you supposed to help, if you dont read the question. He is taking me for a ride and people dont like to be taken for a ride.
    But it’s not “only possible in Galactic Bounties 1”. That’s what you said, and you’re wrong.

You can’t blame people for pointing out other avenues to fight Wampas when you falsely claim there’s only one place that this can be done.

Edit: fixed your quote mishap.
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    So lets us begin.
    1. If you are simming GW, stop. I know its a pain in the rear end, but there is a small chance you will find a Wampa there. Good luck. :(
    2. My 350 million GP guild voted on doing a DS Hoth TB over these past holidays as a way to take a break. It was a nice change of pace. A bunch of the members had never done the 48 star achievement. Is my guild the norm? Probably not but if you look around, you will find guilds that do the same. Post an ad (send me a DM and I can help you with that). When I was stuck on BH quest 3/8 for a year, I only solved my problem by switching guilds. It took CG almost another year to finally fix the IG88 quest bug. Is switching guilds the best solution for you? That is for you to decide.
    3. Yup. It sucks. Relying solely on the GB I event is terrible. Since you said asking your arena shard mates isn't feasible, have you tried asking your GAC opponents for a Wampa favor? If they have all said no, then you make a valid case. If you haven't even tried...
    4. I know very well what I wrote. I have copied & pasted it many times whenever some brings up Wampas and that dang quest.
    5. Also as I have stated in the very next post, I wish CG would add the occasional Wampa to conquest to help with this problem.

I actually did indeed stopped simming GW for a weeks in the last year and to no avail. I mean I was spending like 15-20min pointlessly each day looking for non-existing Wampa-Teams and as soon as I realized this I naturally stopped that practice.

A guild voting for a DS Hoth TW is in my humble opinion too random an occurence to matter for this quest.

I actually did try to contact my GAC opponents. So far I tried around 10times. Most of them did not even enter the chat. The others never replied a single word. At some point you simply give up.

I am fully aware that you have copy and pasted your answer, simply because I had written the same question a year ago and I got the same wall of text. Like I said, you are not the intended recipient for this question. It is more about the vain hope to raise some awareness.

How did you contact CG regarding the Wampas in Conquest? Just asking them will not have any effect. Did you try to raise some people for that ?
  • Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2022

But it’s not “only possible in Galactic Bounties 1”. That’s what you said, and you’re wrong.

You can’t blame people for pointing out other avenues to fight Wampas when you falsely claim there’s only one place that this can be done.

but it is only possible to finish this quest in Galactic Bounties 1, because every other avenue is not practical for the average user. This I tried to point out again and again.
    I made no false claim, as I have thought about other avenues and as these dont work I simply boiled it down to the only correct answer.

but it is only possible to finish this quest in Galactic Bounties 1, because every other avenue is not practical for the average user. This I tried to point out again and again.

I’ll point these out again:

- stop caring about trivial inconsequential quests

Or

- get higher in squad arena where you see the same opponents daily and can contact them to help you.

Or

- if it matters this much to you, stop simming Galactic War, or join a guild that’s running Hoth TB

• Daclif
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2022

Or

- get higher in squad arena where you see the same opponents daily and can contact them to help you.

Or

- if it matters this much to you, stop simming Galactic War, or join a guild that’s running Hoth TB

I was really not asking for help or advice on this quest. It will simmer in my quest inventory for the next 2.5 years as I have already spent 1 year. It is, what it is. Please read my post, I was asking whether it is intended, that the average player is supposed to spend 3.5 years on that quest.
    I did not ask, please help to finish this quest, even by making stupid decisions like changing my guild to a lower tier one.
    I asked, if this is intended !

Please read the question, before you answer it.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am not annoyed with your answer. I was more riled with Lenders Quiz, because he had already hijacked my post one year ago with the same meaningless wall of text as he did again this time. Next year when I post the thread again I will explicitely state, that I dont want any advice or help or "other" avenues. Maybe then it will work.

Or

Or

I was really not asking for help or advice on this quest. It will simmer in my quest inventory for the next 2.5 years as I have already spent 1 year. It is, what it is. Please read my post, I was asking whether it is intended, that the average player is supposed to spend 3.5 years on that quest.
    I did not ask, please help to finish this quest, even by making stupid decisions like changing my guild to a lower tier one.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am not annoyed with your answer. I was more riled with Lenders Quiz, because he had already hijacked my post one year ago with the same meaningless wall of text as he did again this time. Next year when I post the thread again I will explicitely state, that I dont want any advice or help or "other" avenues. Maybe then it will work.
    Good luck with that!

As I stated, the devs have clearly forgotten about these. It’s not intended, I’m sure, but I’m equally sure they don’t intend ever doing anything about it - no matter how many forumers ask for a change.

Or

Or

yes, it is intended to be that way....will you stop now? (rhetorical question...do not answer)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    This is almost as useful as a poll comparing SWGOH to any other game and asking which the people here like better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    How did you contact CG regarding the Wampas in Conquest? Just asking them will not have any effect. Did you try to raise some people for that ?

I do what everyone else does. Post things here. When somebody new brings up the quest, I make the same suggestion.

Example: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248089/wampa-in-galactic-challanges-and-or-conquest-please
    Don't get me wrong, though, I am not annoyed with your answer. I was more riled with Lenders Quiz, because he had already hijacked my post one year ago with the same meaningless wall of text as he did again this time.

Shout out to Lenders! I like it!
  • I know I’m late to the post but here is my experience and my advice regarding the hunting of Wampas.

Personal completion time (2.5 months)

First pice of advice if you are trying to complete this quest just for the sake of getting the badge but you are never going to use it give up you will just get annoyed with the quest.

If on the other hand you love BH this is the perfect quest for you to become one. If you expect the targets to be sitting ducks this is no profession for you.

My hunting grounds from least used to most used:

#4 Galactic War - I completely agree with Daclif this is a Waste of Time I have yet to find a single wampa till this date. That being said since I mostly sim everything else sometimes I like to go into GW and see my bounty hunters in action this also helped me to complete the Hero Hunter part of the quest. By far the best alternative if you are not willing to spend energy with your BH

#3 Galactic Bounties I - Truth be told I only had the opportunity to play this event two times. The first time I wasn’t able to beat the wampa so I had to go train my BHs and I was able to kill 2 Wampas the following month.

#2 Dark Side Hoth Territory Battle - I participated 3 times in this event sadly I didn’t knew that the Wampas were located on phase 2 and I missed my first chance. I was able to kill 10 Wampas (5 each time) on the following events.

#1 Arena Table - A bit of context my power with my BH was around 97,000 Doing this quest I oscillated between #600 and #500 in the arena rank. With these settings I was able to find 3 Teams with Wampas. Curiously enough all three teams power level was around 140,000 which was perfect for me because my goal was to only beat the Wampa an purposely loose. I tried fighting the 3 teams and I was only able to beat two Wampas out of the three available but one was significantly easier than the other (Teams with Wampas are not the best @ synergy so don’t be afraid to try and fight upwards in power and be careful because once your BH start killing and get their contracts you might accidentally win the battle). That being said I took note of the Rank of the Wampa team I wanted to hunt for the following 8 days and like a good mercenary I refreshed the Table everyday until I got my quest completed. Refresh time to get the rank you want takes around a minute plus the 5 min waiting time I started to search at the four minute mark to speed up the process. As mentioned above once si killed the wampa I only used simple attacks in order to purposely loose.

One more thing I used Bossk as lead because we want to be tanks while mawing down the heavy tank that bounty hunters call wampa.

All and all the quest made me feel like a bounty hunter. Waiting for the events to show up and hunting my pray. Looking throughout the galaxy war with the hope of finding a lead and refreshing te arena table in order to look for my contract. Made it really exciting every time I fought a Wampa because I knew the effort it took to find my target. It was obvious that given the effort I was not going to let it get away even if it meant fighting a team that had 50% more power than me.

Anyhow that was my experience and hopefully you can try and enjoy it instead of hating CGs decision to neglect quests. Because I surely did

Sincerely Tagorl Vega
  • Huh, I finished it last year sometime. You know how long it took me? From whenever Prestigious Quests were implemented until sometime last year. I just let it happen and never really worried about it. The rewards are barely worth the time it takes to write your post and fight with people here. They all gave viable options and you can choose to take their advice OR wait it out. Maybe join an alliance that have multiple levels of guilds, then you can bounce down to a lower one knock out some Wampas when needed and then head back to your guild. Otherwise if you are not willing to lose out on DSGTB rewards, suck it up and wait on the Wampas since DSGTB rewards are better than anything you'll get from the PQ's.

That being said, this GC I'm knocking out the rest of my Greedo PO's that I need and moving on to the next phase.
  • Find a guild that is still doing Hoth: Imperial Retaliation Territory Battle. You can get 5 wampas each time (monthly)!

You're welcome to join my guild Next 365. We are accepting new members!
  • I’m guessing these PQs were added to the game before Geo TB, when Hoth was the only option? Can anyone who’s been around that long comment?

Also, I would almost never expect any serious GAC opponent to give up their omiWampa (which is pretty widespread at this point), just for someone else’s PQ. Maybe 1 out of 1000. That’s like throwing an entire team away, and most of us can’t afford to do that.

Would be nice if CG added some more Wampa somewhere to make it easier to farm this one, for all the completionists out there, but I’m not holding my breath.
  • Should have waited another 6 days and you could have necroed this post exactly a year from the last post.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • 2.5 years and 6 days until he gets that quest!
This discussion has been closed.