Best first GL?

Tom361
21 posts Member
edited January 2022
Hey:) finally finished malak so now i have empire geos jkrd dr and or gac ready. Thinking about where to go now. Going for GAS rn is the plan but maybe i do cls first since i get chewie and 3po either way. Just wondering about when to go for a gl rn. Is a gl after Gas better? Or go for it rn? And which one should i do? Have r8 mats for JMK and he is the best so should i do that? Or go for slkr or...

Replies

• Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I’ve heard slkr is the most bang for your buck, but I would say just do whatever you get the most enjoyment out of. I was grinding out jml and not having any fun so I swapped over to buffing some of my arena teams that have been woefully neglected (I’m sorry g9 geos)
  • Agree with Wookiebush... for now. SLKR can solo the HSR but that has been promised to become simmable. IMO Rey and Kylo have similar farming/gear reqs and both their teams use their required units. I would say Rey would do more to contribute to LSGTB since it's significantly more challenging than DBGTB, and Rey's team is better in the Challenge Rancor raid, as well as in Conquest (more likely to have all 5 standing at the end than Kylo), so at this point I would actually advocate for Rey, since while placing in the top 10 of HSR was a huge payoff for the GL investment, that golden goose may not last much longer, and Rey is much better against the majority of the PVE content right now.
  • SLKR probably as the first one. Gets you a nice fleet too, aside from the advantages of being able to full clear HSTR.

I would not go for Rey first for a few reasons… a lot of her requirements objectively are trash (looking at you Rose but also some of the others too).
  • Luke was my first and he's been amazing. I will say, given that he requires Jedi Knight Luke and works best with GAS, it’s a lot of high commitment farming.

Kylo seems to be the most common first, and I think a lot of it has to do with his requirements getting you the final team, as well as a lot of people had already invested heavily in FO. He’s great value for farming because he’s great in so many modes (I just got SEE for example, and he’s really only good in PvE modes) so you’ll be helping your guild a lot by having him.
  • SLKR
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SEE is a very interesting option. Gives you 3 Imperial troopers that you'll use in 2 assault battles, a strong empire team with Vader, an Empire fleet (which is so-so, but good enough to use while you farm Nego or Mal), and a GL that you could use on offense with just a 4* Wat (or 4 random Siths) to 65 banners about every team but a few GLs (Slkr and the 2 news guys). Imo See is better for GAC and Slkr better for Raids.

However, if you have 7* Wampa and 7* Hyoda or could get them in a few months (which is unlikely for a young account), JML is a no brainer. Great character, great requirements.
  • Slkr was great, but they are going to nerf him within a week. Its a bad goal right now imo.

Rey is good, JML is good.

JMK you simply can't.

SEE is good, but the toons you need to unlock him are not, plus you'd need Wat, which is very hard to get too.
  • Why cant i jmk?
  • Slkr was great, but they are going to nerf him within a week. Its a bad goal right now imo.

JMK you simply can't.

SEE is good, but the toons you need to unlock him are not, plus you'd need Wat, which is very hard to get too.

Wat is a JMK requirement, not SEE. And JML is a big ask of a new player when you factor in those JKL requirements too.
    Tom361 wrote: »
    Why cant i jmk?

I'd don't see why you can't, depending on where you are in the game and your guild quality.

SLKR is mainly straight farms all of which are Accelerated, with the exception of Palpatine (easy legendary event, and I'm assuming you already have him) and Finalizer which requires some Fleet investment.

JMK has a couple of guild specific requirements (Wat, Negotiator, General Kenobi), Bo-Katan is still an Original Rate farm (she'll be Accelerated in a couple of months) and the relic requirements are higher than SLKR/Rey. CAT is also needed for the ideal JMK team, and she's a near impossible farm for newer players at present.

JMK may give you more mileage in the long term, but there's not much SLKR can't do as a first GL.

LV and JML would be the hardest work to acquire as a first.
  • Yeah well the r8 and the neg arent a problem for me. Mainly looking for GAC quality tho and the jmk reqs arent really that great right? So slkr would give me 2 FO teams and maybe like kylo for a solo.
  • Whatever second FO squad you compose without SLKR will be mediocre at best.

OG Kylo has some capability for offensive soloing but more limited than you might like.
  • So, best First GL?

JMK, hands down. his requirements all around are fairly good, and even without CAT he is a great GL. Now, thoose r8 Requirements are expensive, but thats fine, they aint on bad characters. CAT will be available in a few months to be farmed outside of conquest, so should line up fairly well, with a JMK grind that starts now.

SEE would be my second choice as a first GL, relativly cheap, you get a trooper team (you have to build two additional troopers, but its so worth it), and that will get you two assault battles at ct3, so great income from there. SEE is a great offensive GL, and against non GL owners its still fairly hard to beat.

JML is my 3rd choice, will take the longest, except perhaps LV, but he will get you good teams, and you have plenty of time, to build the teams around the requirements etc, becouse of the GET1 bottleneck. Great PvP GL, does beat every other GL on offense and is one of the few reliable JMK CAT counters.

Rey is cheap to get, but to truly unlock her max potential, she needs so much other stuff, either great jedi, or scoundrels etc. she has lots of potential, and can be a giant pain for other people to deal with, but as i said before, she wont do it with her resistance faction.

LV is just insanely expensive from his requirements. and he is dark side. but if thoose 2 points dont deter you, he is the 2nd best GL right now, beats everything, and rly hard to get beaten, with a proper team. does well without maul.

SLKR is hands down, the worst GL right now. he gets beaten by every other GL, he is dark side, so doesnt help you in LSTB, and the only good thing he does right now is soloing the sith raid. something LV and JMK do as well, and considering it might get simmable in the near future, might become worthless.
    His requirements are cheap, but then also not great. only nice thing about them is the phasma omicron team for TW. But as GAC is so much more important for personal progress, its hard to recommend.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Whatever second FO squad you compose without SLKR will be mediocre at best

Unless you put a Omicron on Phasma and guilds will kill each other to recruit you.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Unless you put a Omicron on Phasma and guilds will kill each other to recruit you.

But then SLKR has almost nothing helpful left for his own squad.

You can take him offense for soloing popular non-GL def teams like GG, DR, Padme. Or leave him on defense with the Zombie Daka version, which only requires Hux and FOST.
    Antario wrote: »

You can take him offense for soloing popular non-GL def teams like GG, DR, Padme. Or leave him on defense with the Zombie Daka version, which only requires Hux and FOST.
    Hux is really needed on the Phasma TW team.

It is sad that this is what SLKR has been reduced to, though. Soloing B squads.
  • I leave OmniPhasma on D with OG Kylo, the pilots, and FOX. I don't know if my opponents underestimate this squad or what, but the squad managed a couple of holds in the last few TWs.
    This way SLKR can take Hux, FOO, FOST and KRU.

Only in TW of course, doesn't help in GAC.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2309 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Arva wrote: »
    SLKR is hands down, the worst GL right now. he gets beaten by every other GL, he is dark side, so doesnt help you in LSTB, and the only good thing he does right now is soloing the sith raid. something LV and JMK do as well, and considering it might get simmable in the near future, might become worthless.
    His requirements are cheap, but then also not great. only nice thing about them is the phasma omicron team for TW. But as GAC is so much more important for personal progress, its hard to recommend.

Why would you place SLKR on D when he’s so much better on Offense? SEE is exactly the same way. Gets crushed by everything on Defense, but without the PVE benefits.

SLKR reqs are cheaper and you can actually use all of his reqs one way or the other. Try using a reliced Krennic in any useful team.
  • Best GL: which one is fastest for you.
    In other words: the GL which requires fewest characters you need to gear up.
  • SEE deserves his reputation for being the fastest. SLKR’s probably the fastest GL who you’ll get use out of each character, even if a decent amount of those characters are only useful for a Finalizer Fleet + oPhasma TW. (I happen to like even my G9 Vet Han in my sorely undergeared JTR team, but maybe that’s just me.)

SEE’s character usage got a bit better after the RG rework (and the Sid Omi is… meh, but an improvement), but to shine he also needs non-reqs like Wat+Armorer or DR/Malak/BSF.

Can confirm, only use my R4 Krennic as occasional please-don’t-kill-my-Piett/Vader/etc fodder in GAC-TW and he can’t even do that right.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Slkr was great, but they are going to nerf him within a week. Its a bad goal right now imo.

JMK you simply can't.

they are nerfing SLKR within a week?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Executor
  • If you can get WAT, JMK.

If not for the ease, SLKR.
  • Seeing your roster would be helpful.

If you could just magically get a GL for free, then JMK is your best first GL, but that might not be feasible for where you are currently. Heck, I'm still working on him and I have the first four GL's. Relic farming is a slow, time consuming process.

If you take the newest GL's off the table, meaning JMK, LV, and Executor (I could the ship as essentially a GL due to the requirements), I would say SLKR is your best bet.

Ignore the whole, he is getting nerfed, HSTR is going to be simmable. There are no current plans for HSTR to be simmable at this time according to a dev post. He is great for taking out many teams and can destroy SEE. He does do decent damage in p2 and p3 of crancor. You end up with two solid FO teams. Finalizer fleet can also be useful.

As for the other three, Rey can be a real pain on defense in both GAC and TW. She is so/so in TB. I only say this because sometimes you can go 4/4 with her and sometimes, a toon gets wiped out in the first wave. LS Geo is really a crap shoot.

JML is a good SLKR counter. Sometimes you can beat Rey, sometimes Rey will seem to get her ultimate every ten seconds coupled with her whirlwind when you knock a toon down. He is also good in LS Geo, but also has the misfortune of a toon getting wiped in the first wave just because LS Geo is ridiculous and really shouldn't be part of the game in it's current form.

SEE is probably your worst bet. JML counter only at best. No use in any game mode except conquest and tb. He doesn't perform in raids. Gets slaughtered on defense by SLKR. Can lose as a JML counter if you are just trying to use leftover Sith vs a solid JML team, especially if JML hits you with ability block right after you hit ultimate.

Really, Rey and SLKR would most likely be your easier farms. Really up to you which one you want.