I changed GAC Division and can`t realy play anymore

Hi Guys since the GAC i won 8 out of 9. I recently got pormoted from Bronium1 to Cromium 3.
I have 2.3 Mio Gp and i have to place 7 teams and 2 fleets on defence and still have to have something for offence. My opponents range now between 3.4 and 5.2 Mio Gp and they can fill the bord pretty easy.
CG how am i suppost to compet agaisnt this and how am i suppost to fill the board?
Pls review your Matchmaking metrics and try to factor the account size with this.

Replies

• Befor the question is asked, yes i have a Gl and so i could win against guy with 1 Mio Gp more. But some of them got 1 to and 1 Mio GP more. But how does 1 Gl counts for 3 Mio Gp diff.
  • They have to change it, not only you have problem, I have the same.
    I roll opponent with 2.2M GP more and he is with 3 GLs, me 1, same problem with squad sizes on defense, TOO MUCH promoted, and now I dont have squads, putted on front decent squads, but in rear gave total garbage without leaders g6-7 characters, because I need save something on attack...
    As said in my post, they need to change it because it gonna be huge problem in near and far future...
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    You don't have the teams to compete in a high tier championship? You can't really play anymore as you're missing key components?
    Well fear not as there's an easy fix to that: Money! Yes, you heard right! With money you can buy all the things you need - shards, gear, ability materials and even the credits and mods to outfit the new fantastic characters in your roster! Just pay for it and you're all good, promised.
    Capital Games - We care about you!(r money)
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • BasherBeau wrote: »
    I am at 1.4M GP and my next match is against someone at 4.1M GP. But I'll win easily. Because when you look at his history, he auto-sets and never attacks. His opponents do one attack and win the match with 10 banners. Maybe stop freaking out about your opponent's GP because it usually doesn't tell the story.
    nice luck, in my history of all 5 years in swgoh had maybe like 5-6 opponents who doesnt attacks
    so this situation is individual, very rare, and its doesnt change the problem is

• it is an example man...
    it shows how rare is this situation, and that means that player dont have time for attack, maybe he's busy or smth else there can be many reason
    you will get sometimes that players... but am curious about your next 4M or 3M gp opponent who will destroy you ;)
  • So you’ll lose and next event you’ll be facing weaker opponents. As long as you’re not as the tip of the spear, you have to face a roster/opponent stronger than you at some point.
  • DasDunkleBrot
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    @Starslayer Well i beat 5 guys with 1-1.5 Mio Gp more than me and lost to 1 guy. Now i have to face a guy with 3 Mio Gp more. I am ready to face stronger guys,but that is a little exessive, dont you think?
  • BasherBeau wrote: »
    What does your last 5 years of history have to do with what's going on now? Everything is different. No wonder you're frustrated. Let go of the past, man!
    You are right, everything IS different. Which is why your example of the auto deploy opponent is hardly relevant at all. Now that GAC has good rewards, you are LESS likely to get a non-participant opponent now than in the past. That’s what greatly increased incentives will do. I have yet to see an auto deploy defense in the new system, whereas I faced multiple auto deploys every season before.

Beating someone with a slight roster edge is one thing. Beating people with much larger rosters is something else. When your opponent can set a fully relic defense and still have a lot for offense while you have to set G11s or worse on defense to save enough for offense, that makes winning very difficult. If the goal is to have competitive matchups, then having some sort of roster metric along with a skill rating makes sense. Straight GP is not a great way of doing it, but an algorithm that considers relic levels, 6 dot mods, number of GLs, etc. might work. Or better yet, machine learning that learns over time what a good matchup looks like. But I’m sure that’s beyond what CG can do.
  • The objective should be competitive matches every time, not win a bunch and rise, then lose a bunch and fall. You may end up with a 50% win percent in either system, but in one you have a chance of victory in every match, while in the other you do not. When I lose, I want to know it was because I faced a better player or because I made a mistake that cost me, not because my opponent simply had far greater resources at their disposal.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Mrboma wrote: »
    The objective should be competitive matches every time, not win a bunch and rise, then lose a bunch and fall. You may end up with a 50% win percent in either system, but in one you have a chance of victory in every match, while in the other you do not. When I lose, I want to know it was because I faced a better player or because I made a mistake that cost me, not because my opponent simply had far greater resources at their disposal.

That's just the way it is. Being "better" in this game simply means having the longer lightsaber due to deeper credit pockets. The only exception is when you face an enemy that can't really play that good even with the best toons but that's rare.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • This matchmaking system worries me a lot now.
    All its advantages are clear, an active game will bring you to the big leagues. But objectively, it's much more profitable to play in the weak league and earn a season's reward by finishing first among the weaker opponents than to lose income in the upper leagues.
    Therefore, I think that CG should reconsider the daily rewards and make the game in the high league even with defeats more profitable on a daily basis than victorious matches in a weaker one.
    As an example, I can now play with chance to move to the next league. But I doubt if it's worth it, because I will be blocked for a month with players who are twice or three times stronger than me. And if I have thoughts of lowering my win rate, then something is not working right.
  • DeusArt wrote: »
    This matchmaking system worries me a lot now.
    All its advantages are clear, an active game will bring you to the big leagues. But objectively, it's much more profitable to play in the weak league and earn a season's reward by finishing first among the weaker opponents than to lose income in the upper leagues.
    Therefore, I think that CG should reconsider the daily rewards and make the game in the high league even with defeats more profitable on a daily basis than victorious matches in a weaker one.
    As an example, I can now play with chance to move to the next league. But I doubt if it's worth it, because I will be blocked for a month with players who are twice or three times stronger than me. And if I have thoughts of lowering my win rate, then something is not working right.

I still don’t understand how you’ll gain more crystals with this kind of strategy.
    If you play ‘normally’, at one point you’ll reach a 50/50 (ish) win ratio spot.
    If you want to stay in a lower division, it means you can’t gain Sr, because if you do, you may move up. The only way not to gain Sr is to get a 50/50 ratio.
    So you won’t gain more rounds over the course of a gac, but you’ll be in a lower division that you should be, earning less rewards.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I still don’t understand how you’ll gain more crystals with this kind of strategy.
    If you play ‘normally’, at one point you’ll reach a 50/50 (ish) win ratio spot.
    If you want to stay in a lower division, it means you can’t gain Sr, because if you do, you may move up. The only way not to gain Sr is to get a 50/50 ratio.
    So you won’t gain more rounds over the course of a gac, but you’ll be in a lower division that you should be, earning less rewards.
    Ok,
    I'm in Bronzium 2 - 2379 Skill Rating. Bronzium 1 starts from 2400. In my roster 5 good squads and 3 just not bad squads. No GLs. Also 2,5M GP. My usual winrate 2/3 and my skill rating rises little bit. In Chromium I will needed 14 squads and there is no way for me to cover all zones.
    If I stay at Bronzium 2 I'll probably will move to Bro 1 division after 1st round in new season and will stay there for whole season. If I move to Bronzium 1 right now I'll move to Chromium 5 after season where I couldn't defend all my zones.
    Difference Bro 1 vs Chro 5: 5 cry daily, 30 cry per win, 35 cry per lose, 135 cry per season. Theoretically it's 160 cry per week. Diference between place 2-4 and 5-7 it's 250 cry per week. And this is in case where I will win at least 1 round at chromium(that's not guaranteed) and have one lose in Bro 1(but I could take 1st place).
    All I mean: wins in Bronzium 1-2 >>> loses in Chromium 5
    Also, I'm just an example, and I will go forward as I can. But I regulary face opponents who are having good roster, they set weak defence and attack only once and thats all. If they start playing seriosly they will have 750 cry weekly from 1st place on easy mode. And facing this opponents already demotivating because your win depends on does they play seriously or not this time.

• I understand the ‘face opponent who just started playing against me’ thing. Hopefully, it’s anecdotal enough.
    About your strategy, couple of things:

- the difference between the top player of B1 and the bottom player of C5 is exactly 1 Sr. Why do you think their rosters would be as different as you think they are ?
    - Even if: let’s say you settle for the top of B1 and 50/50, losing on purpose when needed so you won’t get promoted. Over the course of 2 gac, you’ll get 12 victories and 12 losses. Now let’s you start in C5 and as you fear, lose all your games (which you won’t imo). You’ll be back in B1 with a sr so low that for the next gac, you can win all your games, staying in B1 during the whole gac and go back to the bottom of C5 at the end. 12 losses and 12 victories too, but you stayed some time in a higher division with extra daily crystals.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    It'll even out over time, as more and more GACs are done and skill points are adjusted.

Also: Don't worry - you'll be back in Bronzium soon.
    Enjoy your extra daily crystals in the meanwhile.