Server Maintenance?

123457Next

Replies

• They’re really dragging this out. A day or two to get your stuff together fair enough but this is ridiculous.
  • Apparently, CG's holiday break lasts all the way through the end of January (at least!).
  • Akwat wrote: »
    Apparently, CG's holiday break lasts all the way through the end of January (at least!).
    January 2025?
  • I won’t pretend to know what happens behind the scenes but something is seriously wrong here. But surely it’s someone’s job to review to forum on a daily basis and provide updates. Maybe not every day and update but at least every 2 or hell forbid every 3 days. Keeping players in the loop and making sure they don’t feel forgotten.

But literal weeks for a simple update is the definition of a “middle finger” at this point.
  • I won’t pretend to know what happens behind the scenes but something is seriously wrong here. But surely it’s someone’s job to review to forum on a daily basis and provide updates. Maybe not every day and update but at least every 2 or hell forbid every 3 days. Keeping players in the loop and making sure they don’t feel forgotten.

But literal weeks for a simple update is the definition of a “middle finger” at this point.

I take it you're new around here, that's just how it goes.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Yeah I’ve noticed that all too well sadly. But surely there’s a boss somewhere thinking “hey, that person is doing what we pay them for”.

Sad truth. CG has been doing this for years. I don't expect them to change. Simply solution is to vote with your wallet.

• Feel like Rose from Titanic. 32 years and we might get a response that takes less than a day to bloody provide.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Feel like Rose from Titanic. 32 years and we might get a response that takes less than a day to bloody provide.

You're 52 years short.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Going to keep this alive until we get a dev comment even though the outcome is obvious.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Going to keep this alive until we get a dev comment even though the outcome is obvious.

The outcome being you won't ever get a dev comment?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Going to keep this alive until we get a dev comment even though the outcome is obvious.

Yup. Devs are ignoring this issue. What a mess they have created. They dug themselves a hole and now it's difficult to climb out.

• TVF wrote: »

Yup. Devs are ignoring this issue. What a mess they have created. They dug themselves a hole and now it's difficult to climb out.

Sorry, but I don't think this is going to get a second glance. There are a lot more serious issues they are and should be concerned about. This was a minor server down issue that was addressed relatively quickly (from a technical standpoint) considering when it happened. Sucks that it cost some people some crystals and some skill rating points but there's no real equitable way to reset everything for everyone 'impacted'.

Would it be nice if CG said "Oops. sorry. Here's a kyro for your troubles" but I don't really expect it judging by their last few years of behavior.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Sorry, but I don't think this is going to get a second glance. There are a lot more serious issues they are and should be concerned about. This was a minor server down issue that was addressed relatively quickly (from a technical standpoint) considering when it happened. Sucks that it cost some people some crystals and some skill rating points but there's no real equitable way to reset everything for everyone 'impacted'.

Would it be nice if CG said "Oops. sorry. Here's a kyro for your troubles" but I don't really expect it judging by their last few years of behavior.
    One of the most serious problems that they have very little follow up or accountability. It takes less than a minute to send in a message to update us. That is all. Not an outlandish request and a basic expectation under normal circumstances. Not to mention it’s their job so they get paid for it.

I think it’s incredibly lazy and disingenuous to just ignore problems, especially when grand arenas are concerned. This happened the last GAC. That’s how bad this delay has been.

One of the most serious problems that they have very little follow up or accountability. It takes less than a minute to send in a message to update us. That is all. Not an outlandish request and a basic expectation under normal circumstances. Not to mention it’s their job so they get paid for it.

I think it’s incredibly lazy and disingenuous to just ignore problems, especially when grand arenas are concerned. This happened the last GAC. That’s how bad this delay has been.

Doja said there was a server that went down and Devs were looking into it. That was your communication.

They aren't going to provide the syslogs on their forum so we can all help them do a root cause analysis.
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Doja said there was a server that went down and Devs were looking into it. That was your communication.

They aren't going to provide the syslogs on their forum so we can all help them do a root cause analysis.

Yeah it’s a communication but where is the follow up?

“Hey the car you sold me broke automatically, can you fix it?”
    “Yeah it’s broken, we will look into it” - then never responds.

There needs to be more of a reach out and even clarification. But again.. this. Isn’t. Hard.

Message: hey guys, issue… Resolved! No worries going forward and this should prevent it happening again. Sorry for any inconvenience. We’ve sent a blanket 50 crystals to all players to make up for the mistake. It’s not the best solution as it’s hard to accurately track individual players that have had the issue. Thank you for your patience and see you on the holotables.

Look! Sooooo easy. Like so easy. Under a minute to type it up. And these guys get paid to do exactly that. Communicate with the community.

It’s so depressing how deplorably low the standards are here. You multiply their current effort by 10 and you’d still be fired.
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Yeah it’s a communication but where is the follow up?

“Hey the car you sold me broke automatically, can you fix it?”
    “Yeah it’s broken, we will look into it” - then never responds.

There needs to be more of a reach out and even clarification. But again.. this. Isn’t. Hard.

Message: hey guys, issue… Resolved! No worries going forward and this should prevent it happening again. Sorry for any inconvenience. We’ve sent a blanket 50 crystals to all players to make up for the mistake. It’s not the best solution as it’s hard to accurately track individual players that have had the issue. Thank you for your patience and see you on the holotables.

Look! Sooooo easy. Like so easy. Under a minute to type it up. And these guys get paid to do exactly that. Communicate with the community.

It’s so depressing how deplorably low the standards are here. You multiply their current effort by 10 and you’d still be fired.

Or they can do exactly what they're doing now and make money hand over fist.

I wish the communication was better too. I wish they would give 'make good' compensation the way the did years ago, but they don't.

If they did, it would reintroduce a dangerous precident. With the number of issues with every update, there would have to be make good crystals in the update notes...
  • Something you just said is rather a backwards concerning way to think about it. The implication that you consider it a bad precedent that they compensate for significant issues.

Let’s break it down. GAC is the primary source of crystal income, this has been completely and certainly directly impacted by this issue. Not a small oh there is a minor bug.

But even beyond that, it should be a basic expectation that they address, fix, and consider appropriate compensation for every single issue. This isn’t a dangerous precedent, this is called responsibility. This is their job, we pay for their job, we pay for their product, if they under deliver and don’t match what is advertised and promised they are treading on some thin legal boundaries there.

It needs to be at a basic consumer/product standard. Let me be clear my anger isn’t directed at you at all, I appreciate the conversation. It’s the issue itself and that the players are so use to being abused that they just accept sub par practices. The fact we are in another GAC now and they didn’t have 2 minutes out of their day to address the issue before hand looks soooo bad. Haha
  • Something you just said is rather a backwards concerning way to think about it. The implication that you consider it a bad precedent that they compensate for significant issues.

Let’s break it down. GAC is the primary source of crystal income, this has been completely and certainly directly impacted by this issue. Not a small oh there is a minor bug.

But even beyond that, it should be a basic expectation that they address, fix, and consider appropriate compensation for every single issue. This isn’t a dangerous precedent, this is called responsibility. This is their job, we pay for their job, we pay for their product, if they under deliver and don’t match what is advertised and promised they are treading on some thin legal boundaries there.

It needs to be at a basic consumer/product standard. Let me be clear my anger isn’t directed at you at all, I appreciate the conversation. It’s the issue itself and that the players are so use to being abused that they just accept sub par practices. The fact we are in another GAC now and they didn’t have 2 minutes out of their day to address the issue before hand looks soooo bad. Haha

It’s a server that went down for an hour or so, they fixed it, move on like everyone else has. They are not going to give us anything for it because a couple guys on the forum keep whining about it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Just an FYI, but Doja does address quite a few issues on the CG-Visits channel of SWGOH Events on Discord. I don't know why he doesn't cross-post in the OFFICIAL forum, but there was a response to GAC crashes in general as well as regarding the "server maintenance":

December 3rd
    Q: Crashes in GAC bad. Improved stability?
    Doja: Not sure what (if anything) outside of QA and taking preventative measure before and quick resolutions after an issue is discovered. I doubt we'd start comping for crashes. Sets a precedent that most devs on any title likely wouldn't want.

January 7th
    Q: Was maintenance issue last Sunday planned?
    Doja: One server out of many went offline for some auto reboot. It wasn't a scheduled maintenance issue. For some reason that message got kicked out tho.

So in short, join SWGoH Events if you want to know what is going on and stop asking here because you're just screaming into the void...
  • Still just deplorably crap practice. Downright incompetence to be honest and letting them go like that every time is just so inherently stupid.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I won’t pretend to know what happens behind the scenes but something is seriously wrong here. But surely it’s someone’s job to review to forum on a daily basis and provide updates. Maybe not every day and update but at least every 2 or hell forbid every 3 days. Keeping players in the loop and making sure they don’t feel forgotten.

oawdticatvfi.jpg

I concur!
  • Monel wrote: »
    I won’t pretend to know what happens behind the scenes but something is seriously wrong here. But surely it’s someone’s job to review to forum on a daily basis and provide updates. Maybe not every day and update but at least every 2 or hell forbid every 3 days. Keeping players in the loop and making sure they don’t feel forgotten.

oawdticatvfi.jpg

I concur!

That had me laugh 😂 obviously I meant the offensive gesture aspect haha
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    everytime they touch the server or do an update something in the game goes belly up. i did executor aoe and ht still had tenacity up. it might be CG trying to do more complicated stuff with a spaghetti code, one of the biggest problem the game has.

but i would give CG A+++ in developing characters/kits