QoL request: Mod Challenges

Since the tail end of last year, I’ve tracked every single sim of my mod farming. Now I’ve reached a round 1,000 data points, I am more than a little disappointed with the results.

px7bot04s66q.jpeg

For clarity, these were all the speed mod challenge tier 3, where 5 dot mods are available.

To have more than half the mods be grey 5 dot I can handle. 90% of them get sold, but that’s fair enough.

But to get just shy of 20% of the drops being completely useless 3/4 dot mods is beyond frustrating and I think it’s time that these mods were removed from the reward pool completely.

If I wanted 3 or 4 dot mods, I’d sim the lower levels.

Replies

• At least your guaranteed to get a mod per battle/sim at all. I remember a time when it wasn’t
  • At least your guaranteed to get a mod per battle/sim at all. I remember a time when it wasn’t

Nearly 20% of his rolls were useless mods….4 dot mods and below are absolutely useless
  • We need improvements for slicing materials too. It takes forever to mod up characters, and now with shards sped up and gear slightly improved we need mods to be easier to acquire and upgrade
  • Please improve the UI too. CahLunky right now. Lots of steps to process through from acquisition to upgrade. Tough to curate all these characters, please show me only characters that have speed sets for example.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
    I confess I don’t know what the drop rate was before the 100% guaranteed mod change, but ~20% of the mods I got were the same as getting nothing at all.

• OP, appreciating the work you put into compiling this statistic, I think there would be more important QoL improvements to the modes. For example:
    - Immediate upgradeability and saleability when mods come from anywhere
    - Visibility of the number of mods and available space
    - Advanced filter (with / without any properties)
    - Available for sale anywhere (not just in the sale menu) and at any stage, even after level 15
    - Multiple mod upgrade options (extremely tiring to do one by one!)
    - And more...
  • Olderaan wrote: »
    OP, appreciating the work you put into compiling this statistic, I think there would be more important QoL improvements to the modes. For example:
    - Immediate upgradeability and saleability when mods come from anywhere
    - Visibility of the number of mods and available space
    - Advanced filter (with / without any properties)
    - Available for sale anywhere (not just in the sale menu) and at any stage, even after level 15
    - Multiple mod upgrade options (extremely tiring to do one by one!)
    - And more...

These are all great suggestions and I'd support any and all of these 100% - but these all require UI changes. OP is suggesting a minor tweak to the loot table for the challenges which is comparatively easy and would go a long way to improve mod farming.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    At least your guaranteed to get a mod per battle/sim at all. I remember a time when it wasn’t
    I confess I don’t know what the drop rate was before the 100% guaranteed mod change, but ~20% of the mods I got were the same as getting nothing at all.

Credits!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Anecdotal!
  • Thanks for this amazing data OP. This confirms what I see when I farm mods as well. All too often any color i see happen to be 3 and 4 dot. 19% is crazy high, especially when it should be 0.
  • Mod improvements have been needed for years. CG is not going to improve it unless they can earn a future with it. Maybe they'll release the Mod Management Pass+ for 29.99 USD a week though ;)
  • Definitely could use more mods these days with cool marquees and omis making more of our rosters playable.
  • Same topic but different area of mods if we are doing a rework what about dropping Accuracy rarely used by anyone and bringing in a new mod with a mastery boost. For a set bonus and maybe an arrow primary boost.

But before you could still get 3 or 4* mods, just as frequent, even though you were not guarenteed anything
  • Same topic but different area of mods if we are doing a rework what about dropping Accuracy rarely used by anyone and bringing in a new mod with a mastery boost. For a set bonus and maybe an arrow primary boost.

Very cool.
    They need replacing, Mastery is a neat idea for a candidate.