Grand Arena power difference is ridiculous

Replies

• MilHanso wrote: »
    Me: 4xGL 99xG13 5*Executor 7.8m GP

Opp: 6xGL 200xG13 7*Executor R9s galore, R8 SK, R8 Boba2 etc 9.5. GP

Having "Whale Fails" Yo yo up and down isn't fun for those of us on the down side.

My opp can't beat their equals, the spend loads of money but are terrible so they will just yo yo back and forth? Meaning they lose to people with similar rosters who aren't terrible at the game, and get bumped down to win vs much smaller rosters only to get back to where they belong, but again they are terrible.

The rest of my pool was pretty good. I'm ok with mm but the yo-yo whale fails are a bummer.

Couldn't agree more... I have 3.5m GP, on the second round I faced one with 4.9m GP and a GL, he didn't deploy so I was able beat the lower part of the map, he saw that he had a TON MORE SQUADS than myself so he proceeded to clean my lower part and one squad on the upper part so it was an easy win for him. My next opponent has 5.1m GP and didn't deploy also, I just opened the front row of the lower part and was about to clear the back when the game crashed and I lost the only squad that could defeat his last squad. I'm just waiting for him to realise that he has a TON MORE SQUADS than I to do the same the last one did. So I'll be 8th in my bracket because of that. Like someone once said: "This is outrageous, it's unfair!".

There should be a bigger penalty for those that don't deploy their squads.

If you're losing to an auto-deploy, I don't think you'll enjoy facing tougher opponents after a "free" win is granted. Heck, I almost want to lose this week because with the squish, I'm worried I'll move too high early in the season and get walloped next week. (Which is fine from an income perspective, 3-0 and 0-3 is 3-3, but it would mean a week where I don't think I'll have much fun.)
  • Personally I'd prefer a round robin style tournament, so yes I have to play the "whale fail" but I also get a crack at the weakest account.
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Me: 4xGL 99xG13 5*Executor 7.8m GP

Opp: 6xGL 200xG13 7*Executor R9s galore, R8 SK, R8 Boba2 etc 9.5. GP

Having "Whale Fails" Yo yo up and down isn't fun for those of us on the down side.

My opp can't beat their equals, the spend loads of money but are terrible so they will just yo yo back and forth? Meaning they lose to people with similar rosters who aren't terrible at the game, and get bumped down to win vs much smaller rosters only to get back to where they belong, but again they are terrible.

The rest of my pool was pretty good. I'm ok with mm but the yo-yo whale fails are a bummer.

Couldn't agree more... I have 3.5m GP, on the second round I faced one with 4.9m GP and a GL, he didn't deploy so I was able beat the lower part of the map, he saw that he had a TON MORE SQUADS than myself so he proceeded to clean my lower part and one squad on the upper part so it was an easy win for him. My next opponent has 5.1m GP and didn't deploy also, I just opened the front row of the lower part and was about to clear the back when the game crashed and I lost the only squad that could defeat his last squad. I'm just waiting for him to realise that he has a TON MORE SQUADS than I to do the same the last one did. So I'll be 8th in my bracket because of that. Like someone once said: "This is outrageous, it's unfair!".

There should be a bigger penalty for those that don't deploy their squads.

If you're losing to an auto-deploy, I don't think you'll enjoy facing tougher opponents after a "free" win is granted. Heck, I almost want to lose this week because with the squish, I'm worried I'll move too high early in the season and get walloped next week. (Which is fine from an income perspective, 3-0 and 0-3 is 3-3, but it would mean a week where I don't think I'll have much fun.)

Well, I surely won't enjoy facing tougher opponents, but as you said, I'm not having much fun now either.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Ghost666
    327 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    The BIGGEST advantage of present system is:

You can improve your lineup freely without worrying about getting bad matchups in GAC.
    It is no longer necessary to think a lot if you want to improve some toon afraid it will affect your GAC results...you just do it.

Like a lot of players here...i get mostly opponents with better lineups...but i still usually win 1 or 2 matches on each event...last one, one didnt even play and other played "dumb". Some events everyone knows how to play and i lose the three...

I CAN LIVE with this...i may be the only one, but i prefer it to the previous version...i like to have a broad lineup to play with lots different toons...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ghost666 wrote: »

You can improve your lineup freely without worrying about getting bad matchups in GAC.
    It is no longer necessary to think a lot if you want to improve some toon afraid it will affect your GAC results...you just do it.

Like a lot of players here...i get mostly opponents with better lineups...but i still usually win 1 or 2 matches on each event...last one, one didnt even play and other played "dumb". Some events everyone knows how to play and i lose the three...

I CAN LIVE with this...i may be the only one, but i prefer it to the previous version...i like to have a broad lineup to play with lots different toons...

You aren't the only one. A lot of people like this system better. You just have to tune out the constant drone of negativity here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Last round the opponent has 10% higher GP and 3 more GL
    Just a waste of time
  • Personally I'd prefer a round robin style tournament, so yes I have to play the "whale fail" but I also get a crack at the weakest account.

Sure but imagine the thread made by the weakest account "I was assigned to this bracket where everybody else has 2mln gp on me, and I'm stuck here for the next 2.5 weeks!"
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    bluecheese wrote: »
    Last round the opponent has 10% higher GP and 3 more GL
    Just a waste of time

10% higher is not that big of a deal. That's the difference between 4 mil and 4.4 mil. Or 7 mil and 7.7 mil. You'd have to be in the stratosphere of GP before it really should affect your match.

But if they have 3 more GLs than you and are only 10% higher gp, they've developed their roster in a more efficient way than you have - which is okay if you want to go after the characters you like but is not the most pvp/gac efficient way to develop a roster
  • Shmoopyz
    123 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    10% difference lol I wish.

I'm at 1.7M GP fighting 3-4 million GP opponents. Was hoping to lose and and get demoted this week but 2 opponents didn't attack and I got promoted. :s:(:'(
  • Shmoopyz wrote: »
    I'm at 1.7M GP fighting 3-4 million GP opponents. Was hoping to lose and and get demoted this week but 2 opponents didn't attack and I got promoted. :s:(:'(

So the difference in GP didn't harm you. That's a good thing. Why the sad face?

Oh because fielding 5 teams for defense and 5 teams to attack with is extremely hard at my GP. I'm fielding gear 8 junk squads. Was hoping to get demoted down. :'(
    Shmoopyz wrote: »

Oh because fielding 5 teams for defense and 5 teams to attack with is extremely hard at my GP. I'm fielding gear 8 junk squads. Was hoping to get demoted down. :'(

I think that will likely happen for a lot of people at certain points of roster development. I moved from A1 to K3 after the first round and going from 9 teams to 11 teams is tough at under 6mil GP so I had to set a couple of g8/9 teams on defence as well.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ghost666 wrote: »

TBH I also prefer the new system... The only downside are those people that don't play and get demoted then when you face them they kick your freaking butt because of the sheer amount of GP they have. But overall I'm much happier with GAC right now.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
    Shmoopyz wrote: »

The higher the division the better the rewards...i just got promoted and i was the lowest GP in the group...

Sooner or later i will hit a bad group and get demoted...but in the meantime i got the rewards...and for some days...

I always play to win...if i am beat by a much better roster i dont get mad...not my fault...if i get demoted next match will be easier...
    I get annoyed when i am beat by a worse roster...that means it is my fault...

• KOMM
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    One of my rivals in the Great Arena. Is this normal, do you think, developers?
    The opponent has 5 GL vs my two. GP 7629477 vs my 5755877. The difference is 2 million
  • Well, he's been losing and you've been winning.
  • I was more ship focused and have pilots / fleet commanders relic but useless in land battles and bumped up the GP. Now ships are behind the wall of
    ground battle toons. Move the fleet battle to the front I’d be less disadvantageous.
    WD_40 wrote: »
    bluecheese wrote: »
    Last round the opponent has 10% higher GP and 3 more GL
    Just a waste of time

10% higher is not that big of a deal. That's the difference between 4 mil and 4.4 mil. Or 7 mil and 7.7 mil. You'd have to be in the stratosphere of GP before it really should affect your match.

But if they have 3 more GLs than you and are only 10% higher gp, they've developed their roster in a more efficient way than you have - which is okay if you want to go after the characters you like but is not the most pvp/gac efficient way to develop a roster

• Well, he's been losing and you've been winning.

Lol. I read this as whining on first glance.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Or they tanked on purpose so they can spend a month wailing on rosters like the OP.

Yeah, I do think it works out mathematically in crystals to drop down a bit so you can take 1st place in a few subsequent events.

It does, you just have to tank 1 set or rounds. I'm forever Bronzium 2 until I get enough squads to move up.
  • REWORK_MACE
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    dcn1q6nzwbf9.jpg

Round Robin PLEASE !!!!

I'll just never like GAC mm without it. Bad RNG drew me the whale. So now I have 2 out of 3 viable matches. ROUND ROBINS are wayyyyy more fair.

Better RNG could have given me 3/3 viable matches.

The 9.3m account is a very, very expensive account with every new marquee maxed, 7 GA omis, etc, etc. I couldn't care less about their "skill level" their very presence is a nuisance, let everyone share the fun I'm going to have tommorow.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    dcn1q6nzwbf9.jpg

Round Robin PLEASE !!!!

I'll just never like GAC mm without it. Bad RNG drew me the whale. So now I have 2 out of 3 viable matches. ROUND ROBINS are wayyyyy more fair.

The 9.3m account is a very, very expensive account with every new marquee maxed, 7 GA omis, etc, etc. I couldn't care less about their "skill level" their very presence is a nuisance, let everyone share the fun I'm going to have tommorow.

How often does the 9.3M account actually attack? Or set defense?
  • Nightmara wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Or they tanked on purpose so they can spend a month wailing on rosters like the OP.

Yeah, I do think it works out mathematically in crystals to drop down a bit so you can take 1st place in a few subsequent events.

It does, you just have to tank 1 set or rounds. I'm forever Bronzium 2 until I get enough squads to move up.

So you choose to stay in bronzium 2 to avoid the possibility of getting push back in bronzium 2 ? I respect that you want to lose on your own terms, but i doubt it’s an efficient strategy crystal-wise. Just take the leap and see what happens. You may very well face people who don’t have enough teams neither or don’t know how to use them as much as you do.
  • Round Robin PLEASE !!!!

I dont get this...the present system is made to make you have just 3 matches, rewards and move on. Makes sense to me. There is no way you get to #1 without beating the other good player, there is no way you are #8 without losing against a "comparatively" bad player. The RNG can define if you get into the #2-4 or #5-6...but it evens out over several matches.
    It works fine to me...3 matches and we can move on...and feels fair enough.

The image actually has a pretty even matchmaking...i get worse in the 4M range...and it does not provide all the info...i fought 3.5M accounts with a GL and lots Relics.
    As said above...important part is if how many you win or lose...and if you are moving up or down...and why...

• Cobraclutch
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    I said it before and I will say it again, it will take atleast 3-4 seasons for MM to be properly adjusted to the new skill rating.

I started in Chromium 2. I have gone 15-1 since the new GAC started and I am in aurodium 1 now (3rd place)

I am still seeing players with massive GP falling down from their initial seeding. Just look at my bracket for this round. Look at the bottom players.

They all must of been seeded in Kyber initially. Now they are getting kicked in the teeth by rosters like mine that have 1 to 1.5 million less GP. But have much better roster building and efficiency.

Its going to take some time before all these stragglers drop to their proper positioning.

cfg1qhqkw5v9.png
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    I feel like people are fundamentally misunderstanding how the skill rating works.

I feel like people are fundamentally misunderstanding how flawed CG’s skill system is. I get it’s still early but if people are being matched up with opponents millions of GP higher than them, something is wrong.

I have had this to be true, but the people didn’t even attack. I’ve beat everyone who had higher GP than me. I think it is working. You are out against these people because you are winning and they are losing. If you lose, you are going to play people who are lower than you to get you back on track it’s a great system in my opinion
  • Whatever crazy the gp difference might be, when you face an opponent in gac, it means you just won against someone close to his level or he just lost against someone close to your level.

However, it’s totally understandable that facing someone who didn’t play for a month, dropped like a rock and decide to start playing against you is frustrating, but it should be anecdotal enough to not being an issue.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    However, it’s totally understandable that facing someone who didn’t play for a month, dropped like a rock and decide to start playing against you is frustrating, but it should be anecdotal enough to not being an issue.
    Unless someone devises a "system" to get better results...
    I play other games with win/loss ratios as matchmaking...usually with some additional "filters"...and someone always finds a way to abuse the system :)
    AS A SYSTEM i am ok with it...right now i am the WORST player on a 8 matchup...i SHOULD lose all 3 matches and be demoted...but i got promoted 3 times in a row...it is supposed to happen :)

• qqiswr8zaccn.png

My second week being at the bottom and this week the GP diff is even greater. Went 3-0 last week and took down a guy with a GL even though I dont have one. Should be another competitive week.

The new system is so much better and my crystal income is a ton higher while allowing me to flesh out my roster without worrying about GP bloat.
  • ne_alenska
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    y7k17y1w92ah.jpg

I got better reward after drop from Kyber to Aurodium.
    I was facing 2 or 3 GL monster before, I can't get 1 win in Kyber.
    Now I am the highest GP guy, I can easy all win but I give up the final round, so I can keep stay here.
  • ne_alenska wrote: »
    y7k17y1w92ah.jpg

I got better reward after drop from Kyber to Aurodium.
    I was facing 2 or 3 GL monster before, I can't get 1 win in Kyber.
    Now I am the highest GP guy, I can easy all win but I give up the final round, so I can keep stay here.

But you’re giving up 40 crystals every day (1200’ish a month) and the end of season rewards are lower. If it does end up being more crystals in the long run (doubtful), it’s not nearly as many as you think.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.