Investigate other GLs too - they can undersize

Replies

  • bap1234 wrote: »
    tdov71l8oyvw.png
    they added ignore sith protection. IMO i would call slkr+wat+brood+thrawn "cheese" and same as slkr+zombie.

    Ok, agree to disagree on the definition of cheese. But the title of the thread you're commenting on is "Investigate other GLs too - they can undersize ". You're not talking about an undersized team so...
  • The whole thing is rubbish.

    To pull off this counter you need SLKR which is a massive investment. Then you need to relic him and mod him properly.

    Then it requires relic level Wat who is a TB prize toon. That’s no small investment/farm

    Then you need a relic Daka properly modded. No small investment.

    Then add in zombie.

    Why is this such a big deal? It requires a GL, TB toon, and two other relic toons. If they nerf this then they need to do something about SLKR solo of SEE and SEE/Wat/Armorer under sizing Rey.

    I swear, the arbitrary actions they take in this game lately are getting worse each time.
  • I forgot to add, you ALSO changed JMK's AI to make it do JMK's ultimate at 60% vs JML so that's a more difficult counter to do, but again you leave LV as is. Against every other GL he does it at 100%, but for JML every. single. time. it's 60% and pop it so the team can get around JML's taunt. Don't try to tell me that's a "Normal" thing that happens or just RNG.

    Again, make up our minds because this is ridiculous and outrageous.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The whole thing is rubbish.

    To pull off this counter you need SLKR which is a massive investment. Then you need to relic him and mod him properly.

    Then it requires relic level Wat who is a TB prize toon. That’s no small investment/farm

    Then you need a relic Daka properly modded. No small investment.

    Then add in zombie.

    Why is this such a big deal? It requires a GL, TB toon, and two other relic toons. If they nerf this then they need to do something about SLKR solo of SEE and SEE/Wat/Armorer under sizing Rey.

    I swear, the arbitrary actions they take in this game lately are getting worse each time.

    Sorry to say, but you don't need FOUR Relic 8 characters to unlock Wat, you can do it with sub-relic Geos. You don't need four relic 8s to get Daka to R5, nor zombie to R5. You also need four R7s for LV and four R5 bad batch at the cost of 1600 kryotechs just for the four of them.

    Lord Vader is the most expensive character in the game, by far compared to any other GL or any other character in the game. (Even Executor) So, yeah trying to match investment of SLKR Wat Zombie Daka cheese vs Lord Vader's investment is kind of odd. And again, they tweaked JMK's AI to kill this SLKR cheese team working against him and even tweaked his AI to do his ultimate at 60% vs JML so your very expensive JML team could get wiped because of his team ignore taunt ultimate ability. (Yeah, we get it. You like JMK bestest CG!)
  • Gotta do this ...

    LV is trash ...

    Fix LV

    Problem solved
  • Such discussion is so crazy - such SLKR team isn't "cheap". I think the point is that SLKR can beat the new shiny LV...

    Imo CG should be consequent there are still others undersize GLs counter (SEE against Rey, SLKR solo against SEE..). And we have still non-GL counter like GAS with clones against Rey, or JKR with JKL against SLKR. Such "fixes" in the past didn't work. And I'm sure with omicron we will have more and more non-Gls counter again. Why should I go for a GLs when I can get a cheap counter who will only need omicron...
  • Ben_Tlightsaber
    60 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

    Lord Vader is the most expensive character in the game, by far compared to any other GL or any other character in the game. (Even Executor) So, yeah trying to match investment of SLKR Wat Zombie Daka cheese vs Lord Vader's investment is kind of odd. And again, they tweaked JMK's AI to kill this SLKR cheese team working against him and even tweaked his AI to do his ultimate at 60% vs JML so your very expensive JML team could get wiped because of his team ignore taunt ultimate ability. (Yeah, we get it. You like JMK bestest CG!)

    It's not odd at all. You need twenty-two teams for GAC. If you can place a GL on defense that not only requires a GL to counter it but also neuters two other teams in the process, that's a win. It's even more of a win if you place one of the LV lineups that steals a few banners from SLKR in the process.

    If someone doesn't have any Galactic Legends, should Lord Vader be their first? No. He's crazy expensive and your resources would be more effectively spent elsewhere. That has nothing to do with whether SLKR can beat LV or not. As your rosters progresses, is it worth getting Lord Vader? Absolutely. He's a freaking Galactic Legend and having him on your roster lets you do some really fun stuff that gives you a huge advantage over someone that doesn't have him even if SLKR can still (often) beat him.

    People need to get past the old Squad Arena binary thinking of "Can someone make a team that can beat this or not". The game is now about about your whole roster and forcing your opponent's counters so that they run out of teams before you do. LV is still fantastic at doing that if you have half a clue what you are doing.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

    Lord Vader is the most expensive character in the game, by far compared to any other GL or any other character in the game. (Even Executor) So, yeah trying to match investment of SLKR Wat Zombie Daka cheese vs Lord Vader's investment is kind of odd. And again, they tweaked JMK's AI to kill this SLKR cheese team working against him and even tweaked his AI to do his ultimate at 60% vs JML so your very expensive JML team could get wiped because of his team ignore taunt ultimate ability. (Yeah, we get it. You like JMK bestest CG!)

    It's not odd at all. You need twenty-two teams for GAC. If you can place a GL on defense that not only requires a GL to counter it but also neuters two other teams in the process, that's a win. It's even more of a win if you place one of the LV lineups that steals a few banners from SLKR in the process.

    If someone doesn't have any Galactic Legends, should Lord Vader be their first? No. He's crazy expensive and your resources would be more effectively spent elsewhere. That has nothing to do with whether SLKR can beat LV or not. As your rosters progresses, is it worth getting Lord Vader? Absolutely. He's a freaking Galactic Legend and having him on your roster lets you do some really fun stuff that gives you a huge advantage over someone that doesn't have him even if SLKR can still (often) beat him.

    People need to get past the old Squad Arena binary thinking of "Can someone make a team that can beat this or not". The game is now about about your whole roster and forcing your opponent's counters so that they run out of teams before you do. LV is still fantastic at doing that if you have half a clue what you are doing.

    Lord Vader can solo SLKR teams though, on auto. I really don't get why people think he's bad. He does take a really long time to ramp up, but when he peaks he becomes really scary. Only thing I personally want done to him is have better animations lol

  • Drim
    313 posts Member
    So your investigation discovered a Lordvader Nerf Amazing
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

    Lord Vader is the most expensive character in the game, by far compared to any other GL or any other character in the game. (Even Executor) So, yeah trying to match investment of SLKR Wat Zombie Daka cheese vs Lord Vader's investment is kind of odd. And again, they tweaked JMK's AI to kill this SLKR cheese team working against him and even tweaked his AI to do his ultimate at 60% vs JML so your very expensive JML team could get wiped because of his team ignore taunt ultimate ability. (Yeah, we get it. You like JMK bestest CG!)

    It's not odd at all. You need twenty-two teams for GAC. If you can place a GL on defense that not only requires a GL to counter it but also neuters two other teams in the process, that's a win.

    Well I mean troopers /w iden / Shaak & BAM /w BFSOJ also counter the most expensive character in the game in all modes.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

    Well I mean troopers /w iden / Shaak & BAM /w BFSOJ also counter the most expensive character in the game in all modes.

    Yes. And it would make WAY more sense for them to be concerned about those instead of worrying about a GL being able to often counter another GL.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

    Well I mean troopers /w iden / Shaak & BAM /w BFSOJ also counter the most expensive character in the game in all modes.

    Yes. And it would make WAY more sense for them to be concerned about those instead of worrying about a GL being able to often counter another GL.

    As they have data, i guess this non-gl counter isn’t used that much and/or is unreliable.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    SLKR NS 3-4 man (depending on comp)
    Imperial troopers /w Shaak or Iden
    Bam lead Scion
    SemiGod wrote: »

    Well I mean troopers /w iden / Shaak & BAM /w BFSOJ also counter the most expensive character in the game in all modes.

    Yes. And it would make WAY more sense for them to be concerned about those instead of worrying about a GL being able to often counter another GL.

    Yeah, I thought CG wanted it so only GLs can beat the new tier of squads being, “GL + conquest char” but I guess not lol.
  • This is why we can't have nice things lol
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Thanks to CGs bug fix, LV is even worse! 🤣



    LV + Maul getting 3 manned without NS now by SLKR, it’s funny how the “GL + Conquest char” was supposed to be a step above in terms of GLs and yet it’s doing even worse. 😂


    Shoutout to Amiricle
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • TVF
    32020 posts Member
    Requires low battery though.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • bap1234
    126 posts Member
    edited January 30
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Thanks to CGs bug fix, LV is even worse! 🤣



    LV + Maul getting 3 manned without NS now by SLKR! It’s funny how the “GL + Conquest char” was supposed to be a step above in terms of GLs and yet it’s doing even worse. 😂
    #BuffLordVader

    Shoutout to Amiricle

    before, u could timeout and sometimes lose. something is off.
  • Drim
    313 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Amazing bug fix!!! I can save my NS!

  • It's not simply about the squad being undersized. GLs can (and should be able) to beat other GLs. It's more so that a GL + Conquest character is the current pinnacle, and they should not be defeated by a GL in a much weaker squad.

    As long as it's still a GL for a GL whh does it matter about the squad that surrounds each? GL Palp and Wat have been a thing for far longer. Synergy and strategy should always trump GP.

    I think the distinguishing factor is the inclusion of a Conquest unit paired with the GL. Those two units together represent the pinnacle.

    Are we going to get Conquest characters for the other GLs then?
  • It's not simply about the squad being undersized. GLs can (and should be able) to beat other GLs. It's more so that a GL + Conquest character is the current pinnacle, and they should not be defeated by a GL in a much weaker squad.

    As long as it's still a GL for a GL whh does it matter about the squad that surrounds each? GL Palp and Wat have been a thing for far longer. Synergy and strategy should always trump GP.

    I think the distinguishing factor is the inclusion of a Conquest unit paired with the GL. Those two units together represent the pinnacle.

    Are we going to get Conquest characters for the other GLs then?

    According to the above, SLKR doesn't need a conquest character. Maybe they'll give him one to compete against JMK, but I doubt it since they keep making JMK better and fixing any AI issues.
  • Maybe next time they'll remove Ability Block from his kit so SLKR doesn't even need Wat. Personally I don't think the counter is easy enough yet.
    I never contemplated struggling vs JMK at similar relic levels and getting 4 manned by SLKR would result in LV needing the nerf.

    Always learning
  • MF6076 wrote: »
    Maybe next time they'll remove Ability Block from his kit so SLKR doesn't even need Wat. Personally I don't think the counter is easy enough yet.
    I never contemplated struggling vs JMK at similar relic levels and getting 4 manned by SLKR would result in LV needing the nerf.

    Always learning

    I watched the video here and watched Ahnald do a video of the same counter against my opponent's LV Maul team with Storm and RG. He even had Gideon on the team. Not only did I win, even my Wat survived and I didn't even have to revive him. It took 4 minutes to clear, but by that last 30 seconds my SLKR was taking 25% health chunks from a 300K LV who could only hit zombie. I got 63 points from that battle, the first time I used it.

    Sure, I had to use Wat and didn't have an NS team, but I used Armorer with SEE and still beat a Rey team with R2. That also means I don't want to put LV on defense anymore because this will be known by everyone soon enough and he'll be a liability on defense.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    MF6076 wrote: »
    Maybe next time they'll remove Ability Block from his kit so SLKR doesn't even need Wat. Personally I don't think the counter is easy enough yet.
    I never contemplated struggling vs JMK at similar relic levels and getting 4 manned by SLKR would result in LV needing the nerf.

    Always learning

    I watched the video here and watched Ahnald do a video of the same counter against my opponent's LV Maul team with Storm and RG. He even had Gideon on the team. Not only did I win, even my Wat survived and I didn't even have to revive him. It took 4 minutes to clear, but by that last 30 seconds my SLKR was taking 25% health chunks from a 300K LV who could only hit zombie. I got 63 points from that battle, the first time I used it.

    Sure, I had to use Wat and didn't have an NS team, but I used Armorer with SEE and still beat a Rey team with R2. That also means I don't want to put LV on defense anymore because this will be known by everyone soon enough and he'll be a liability on defense.

    HUGE liability, hope this means next GL is op.
  • Drim
    313 posts Member
    bap1234 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    MF6076 wrote: »
    Maybe next time they'll remove Ability Block from his kit so SLKR doesn't even need Wat. Personally I don't think the counter is easy enough yet.
    I never contemplated struggling vs JMK at similar relic levels and getting 4 manned by SLKR would result in LV needing the nerf.

    Always learning

    I watched the video here and watched Ahnald do a video of the same counter against my opponent's LV Maul team with Storm and RG. He even had Gideon on the team. Not only did I win, even my Wat survived and I didn't even have to revive him. It took 4 minutes to clear, but by that last 30 seconds my SLKR was taking 25% health chunks from a 300K LV who could only hit zombie. I got 63 points from that battle, the first time I used it.

    Sure, I had to use Wat and didn't have an NS team, but I used Armorer with SEE and still beat a Rey team with R2. That also means I don't want to put LV on defense anymore because this will be known by everyone soon enough and he'll be a liability on defense.

    HUGE liability, hope this means next GL is op.

    If so they will just buff JMK….
  • LV was just a big **** cash grab. That's it. CG got what they wanted from us with him. I wish I never whaled to get him.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    bap1234 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    MF6076 wrote: »
    Maybe next time they'll remove Ability Block from his kit so SLKR doesn't even need Wat. Personally I don't think the counter is easy enough yet.
    I never contemplated struggling vs JMK at similar relic levels and getting 4 manned by SLKR would result in LV needing the nerf.

    Always learning

    I watched the video here and watched Ahnald do a video of the same counter against my opponent's LV Maul team with Storm and RG. He even had Gideon on the team. Not only did I win, even my Wat survived and I didn't even have to revive him. It took 4 minutes to clear, but by that last 30 seconds my SLKR was taking 25% health chunks from a 300K LV who could only hit zombie. I got 63 points from that battle, the first time I used it.

    Sure, I had to use Wat and didn't have an NS team, but I used Armorer with SEE and still beat a Rey team with R2. That also means I don't want to put LV on defense anymore because this will be known by everyone soon enough and he'll be a liability on defense.

    HUGE liability, hope this means next GL is op.

    Or even worse
  • When I first saw the SLKR NS strategy I was really confused about how the zombie kept permataunt. Reading the kit, it seems like there’s just an overpowered interaction with SLKRs reapplication of advantage to the tank at the end of the turn. If CG did something simple like make the zombie dying remove advantage without triggering the reapplication or change the timing somehow it would only stop the zombies interaction with SLKR and nothing else in the game. SLKR would work the same with every other tank in the game and zombie would be unchanged in any other team comp.

    LV seems pretty decent overall but just gets stuck behind taunts, which is fine but when there is an unkillable permataunt it breaks the interaction. Imagine if JMK could make GK instantly revive and taunt after CAT assassinated in a mirror match, completely broken and not very different than what SLKR is doing here.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Xaevior wrote: »
    When I first saw the SLKR NS strategy I was really confused about how the zombie kept permataunt. Reading the kit, it seems like there’s just an overpowered interaction with SLKRs reapplication of advantage to the tank at the end of the turn. If CG did something simple like make the zombie dying remove advantage without triggering the reapplication or change the timing somehow it would only stop the zombies interaction with SLKR and nothing else in the game. SLKR would work the same with every other tank in the game and zombie would be unchanged in any other team comp.

    LV seems pretty decent overall but just gets stuck behind taunts, which is fine but when there is an unkillable permataunt it breaks the interaction. Imagine if JMK could make GK instantly revive and taunt after CAT assassinated in a mirror match, completely broken and not very different than what SLKR is doing here.

    Lol u don’t even need Daka & zombie for SLKR to 3 man the “GL + conquest” team anymore.
  • I thought they were investigating LV for a buff here? Instead he gets nerfed?

    Slkr and one tank are beating LV now don’t even need the night sisters ?

    Is this what CG intended by “looking into it?”
  • TVF
    32020 posts Member
    I thought they were investigating LV for a buff here? Instead he gets nerfed?

    Bug fixes aren't nerfs.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.