The ROLO Omicron is worth it.

Prev1
DaPozzi
4 posts Member
edited January 2022
Placed it during phase one of Geonosis LSTB and it did not disappoint. The team comp I used was Rolo r3, Capt. Han r3, Chew-pio r3, R2 r7, and Lando r5.

It made the TB more fun overall and allowed me to platoon cls and Han and chewie, so more of my guild that don’t have as large of a roster could do more.

10/10 would recommend.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Did you pulled a 4/4? Also, did you try her on other phases? Do you think she is worth pairing with CLS, from a JKL owner -far from JML- perspective?
  • Yeah, I tried in all phases, the game crashed in phase one after I had one wave, so I wasn’t sure yet, but she 4/4 in phase 2,3,&4.
    She is worth pairing with cls, but I think there’s a lot of value in being able to platoon him if you can. Cls does help the team, but I like the aoe from lando and r2, makes quick work of the B droids. So really I wouldn’t change out chewpio or capt Han for cls.
  • What zetas does your team have?
  • All of them. Unfortunately I couldn’t tell you the lowest possible requirements. I did have a guildmate use Han and chewie in place of lando and chewpio and they were successful 4/4 in phase 4.
  • I'm unlocking JML at the moment (grinding for tickets), with chewpio and R2's number crunch are the only ones I have out of your line up.
  • +1
    I platoon CLS, rolo lead the rest of the team and 4/4 from phase 1 to 4.
  • DaPozzi wrote: »
    Placed it during phase one of Geonosis LSTB and it did not disappoint. The team comp I used was Rolo r3, Capt. Han r3, Chew-pio r3, R2 r7, and Lando r5.

It made the TB more fun overall and allowed me to platoon cls and Han and chewie, so more of my guild that don’t have as large of a roster could do more.

10/10 would recommend.

People underestimate captain han. He's great with lots of teams. This is good to know, I hope that at some point soon omnomnicrons are like zetas where we get one every couple months and eventually one a month is normal.

Thanks for the recommendation!
  • That’s interesting! I thought her omicron was meant for newer players and guilds to get through Hoth TB. I’ll have to start considering hers for Geonosis once I’ve finished up with Kyle Katarn.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Be careful on spending them because according to CG if they overperform they will change it and not refund you.
  • DaPozzi wrote: »

10/10 would recommend.

You can't be putting this kind of fire in a post without some mod info my man
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    i also used her, she did pretty well for me, only losing 1 fight where the first wave has a tactical droid on it weirdly. i did her with, Cap Han, lando/raid Han (depending on if i deployed Han or not) and both chewies. she was really fun to use.

https://swgoh.gg/p/627481719/characters/ my mods can be seen here

a phase 2 video I did as well, close at the end but still good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYCyATNmBPQ&ab_channel=fluxrono
  • Have the omicron as well, so I can help out the Guild with platoons, it's even easier with her lead compared to CLS.
  • This is likely going to be my next omicron as any help in LSTB is welcome. But I do have a question about her zeta.

What is the point of the stacking additional 35% offence when she resists a de-buff if it only happens the first time and is gone when her turn ends?

Am I missing something, or is it only something that can happen once a turn?
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    This is likely going to be my next omicron as any help in LSTB is welcome. But I do have a question about her zeta.

What is the point of the stacking additional 35% offence when she resists a de-buff if it only happens the first time and is gone when her turn ends?

it only happens once a turn. say Palp goes and shocks, that give ROLO 35% offense and 15% tm, next turn palp goes and shocksVader goes and force crushes, he give her another 35% offense and 15% tm, but vader only gave that offense once despite force crush giving a possible 4+ buffs. then ROLO starts and gets a debuff from say nihlius, that's another 35% offense before her attack. after she finishes her offense returns to normal, and the cycle can repeat for everyone else's moves. say if a Sion acted next and did his AoE, she gets more offense and TM for her next turn.

it just controls how much offense she can get, but if she got dazed/staggered or fractured she could stack the offense a lot higher then normal for her next turn
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    DaPozzi wrote: »

10/10 would recommend.

People underestimate captain han. He's great with lots of teams. This is good to know, I hope that at some point soon omnomnicrons are like zetas where we get one every couple months and eventually one a month is normal.

We dont get 1 per month?

10/10 would recommend.

We dont get 1 per month?

Nope.
    We get 7 GAC per month I believe? Even if you get t10 on all, thats still just 14 omi mats. The cantina drop rate is negligible.

At that rate, Starkiller would be 4 months maximum crate collection.

I refute your nope.

8 challenges for February. There were 9 each in December and January. You don't even need max crate. Definitely get 2 omicrons for 2nd, and I think maybe 3rd?

So that was 18 from challenges in both December and January. Then there was 1 or 2 from the reward track in conquest. Plus incidental 1 or 2 from signal data farms means we are getting the opportunity to get one per month now, plus some leftovers.

10/10 would recommend.

We dont get 1 per month?

Nope.
    We get 7 GAC per month I believe? Even if you get t10 on all, thats still just 14 omi mats. The cantina drop rate is negligible.

At that rate, Starkiller would be 4 months maximum crate collection.

I refute your nope.

8 challenges for February. There were 9 each in December and January. You don't even need max crate. Definitely get 2 omicrons for 2nd, and I think maybe 3rd?

So that was 18 from challenges in both December and January. Then there was 1 or 2 from the reward track in conquest. Plus incidental 1 or 2 from signal data farms means we are getting the opportunity to get one per month now, plus some leftovers.

Ya, it really seems like 1 per month. I've applied 2, have a saved 1. Seems like they've only been around 3 months.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    This is likely going to be my next omicron as any help in LSTB is welcome. But I do have a question about her zeta.

Ya, you are missing something. When the text says, "the 1st time each turn" it is referring to all other turns in the battle that enemies and allies make. So if all 5 enemies take turns attempting debuffs, that's 35% offense x 5 till "the end of her next turn."

Now the cool thing is she can also stack it from counterattacks that your allies trigger but land on her for some reason. Not that Daka would ever counter, but just saying.

So yeah, the text doesnt mean to imply she gets only 1 possible stack.

Oh, and the reason it's "the 1st time" is because Vader drops 4 debuffs at once I think, Tarkin 2 or 3. She would stack too much from 1 turn from them
  • Thanks Flux/Mephisto. The once per turn threw me as I took it to mean that it was her turn that it was referring to.
  • Pryrates wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i also used her, she did pretty well for me, only losing 1 fight where the first wave has a tactical droid on it weirdly. i did her with, Cap Han, lando/raid Han (depending on if i deployed Han or not) and both chewies. she was really fun to use.

If you're pulling Chewie and Chewpio from a CLS team, aren't you destroying the CLS team and your net gain in terms of effective LSTB teams is then zero?

For this Omi to be effective, you've gotta be able to pair ROLO with non-CLS members and have the team work like Wiggs, Lando, PLeia, Phoenix or R1 characters. I don't think she's there, is she?

OP was saying the omicron allowed him to donate CLS to platoons for his guild. So yes, it is intentionally destroying that team to serve the greater good.

With that said, in GAC omicron Ackbar is a great lead for CLS Han Chew C3PO. 4 have non-attack unique abilities that would likely call Han and C3PO to assist. There are times when breaking up can make sense
  • Pryrates wrote: »

If you're pulling Chewie and Chewpio from a CLS team, aren't you destroying the CLS team and your net gain in terms of effective LSTB teams is then zero?

For this Omi to be effective, you've gotta be able to pair ROLO with non-CLS members and have the team work like Wiggs, Lando, PLeia, Phoenix or R1 characters. I don't think she's there, is she?

when you donate CLS and sometimes Raid Han you don't have a team anymore that can utilize the chewies ;)
    but I know what you mean and I plan and trying to use her omi without the chewies next TB. i tried last time on 1 phase but I had a random tactical droid wave 1 that ruined my first run.
  • qod3vx5msoss.png

I screenshot this moments ago, in phase 3.
    I have a deep roster, will be platooning my R7 cls because cls cannot do this: full health and protection AND saving Droideka for last.

Imo investing in this omicron is worth it. The team is better and more reliable, and you can platoon cls and 3po.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Rolo r3
    Han/Chewy r8
    Chewpio/R2 r7

Yes these are higher than most people have them but keep in mind: I moved no mods, and these same high r level toons were used under cls WITH moving mods.
    I would loose out on 1 or 2 stages over all 4 phases, every time. This team will not.

Edit: I didn’t realize til now I had forgotten to put their mod loadouts back in before the battle. Everyone but Rolo was actually MISSING mods 🤣 (Rolo has mediocre mods so no reason to use them on any other battle).
    This is my new favorite tb team
  • qzhgct2gzccb.png

Phase 4, 4/4
    Pleasantly easy
  • Chewpio Rage Drive-By of all the Geos except GBA: gfdfnhhxa5ff.png

Phase 4 South
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Pryrates wrote: »

when you donate CLS and sometimes Raid Han you don't have a team anymore that can utilize the chewies ;)
    but I know what you mean and I plan and trying to use her omi without the chewies next TB. i tried last time on 1 phase but I had a random tactical droid wave 1 that ruined my first run.
    A lot of people don’t recognise the power of Chewy in a Rey team. Chewy, Rey, RH Bros + a tank is a formidable combo.

This is a great thread though. As a member of a guild that has just filled all p4 platoons, a lot of our number need to seek an alternative to CLS. This could be a good option.
  • Can confirm the omi is really good. Went 4/4 in every single phase using ROLO, Chewie, Chewpio, Han solo and r2d2. Didn’t even come close to failing.

While not the best omicron out there, it still is really satisfying to play with. And at the end of the day, we should play to have fun, right?
  • Just put it on, will have to wait and see if it is worth it in a month.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?