Kit Reveal: TIE/IN interceptor Prototype

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Potato211 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I had to log in for the first time in two years for this. Excuse me?

Second sister? From Jedi Fallen Order? Empire at War is rolling in its grave. This is heresy after TIE/sa Bomber being crewless

Can't trust anything you say now, sorry.
    4yr52rtaq6ob.png
    Also, Trilla is the Second Sister from Fallen Order.

I totally forgot about it. My point was, this thing didn't first appeared in Fallen Order. I stand by what i said, Empire at War is rolling in its grave

Read the dev insights and i don't see where they claimed it first appeared in Fallen Order
  • Ultra wrote: »

Second sister? From Jedi Fallen Order? Empire at War is rolling in its grave. This is heresy after TIE/sa Bomber being crewless

4yr52rtaq6ob.png

I totally forgot about it. My point was, this thing didn't first appeared in Fallen Order. I stand by what i said, Empire at War is rolling in its grave

Read the dev insights and i don't see where they claimed it first appeared in Fallen Order
    He's referring to the splash art.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

4yr52rtaq6ob.png

This ship IS IN that game

And that game has Second Sister as the pilot

They are using that game as inspiration

Don’t see the issue
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

4yr52rtaq6ob.png

This ship IS IN that game

And that game has Second Sister as the pilot

They are using that game as inspiration

Don’t see the issue

I think the issue is we’re getting the lesser-known Prototype instead of a better-known and older TIE Interceptor.

Which… eh. We had Clone Wars Chewie as our only Wookie for years.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/D_Defender

Can we have the tie defender too ? It appeared in star wars rebels
  • Potato211 wrote: »
    I had to log in for the first time in two years for this.
    6 months isn't the same as 2 years.
  • This ship looks quite solid. The jedi targeting makes me think it is intended to make Empire a potentially viable GR counter, thought I don't trust it too much. Foresight spam with TIE Fighter for TM train on the capital **** could be good tho, and additional capital TM from crits and a taunt-ignoring mechanic seem to all point towards Empire as a fleet being a GR counter in the future, particularily with the Pursued mechanic, which looks like it's meant to force anakin's ETA out of stealth whenever that Loyalty buff procs and puts him under it when taking lethal damage.

But I think the abilities itself appear lackluster at first glance. Unless she hits like a trainwreck, I don't see it making any significant difference because GR can screw you in many ways that make foresight insignificant.
  • If I had to guess, I'd suspect that Conquest this year will follow the pattern of last year. The first three months will be a ship that will later be needed to unlock a Galactic Legend-style capital ship later on in the year, which will most likely be the Ravager. I'd expect the Sith Triumvirate, maybe Revan and Malak, Sith Empire minions, and Visas Marr to need to be at certain relic levels. After this Interceptor, I'd expect back-to-back Conquests to have a light side and a dark side character that will play nicely with the two Galactic Legend characters to release this year, a la Commander Ahsoka Tano and Maul. And then, something new for the final three months of the year that might start its own new team, a la Scion of Jango.

This is all just me guessing that Conquest will follow the same pattern this year as it did last year. But given how impactful all of the Conquest units were this past year, it would make sense for CG to follow the pattern if it brings them profit. Establishing a pattern makes sense to my mind, at least, but who knows what the real plan is.

All of this is just me grasping at straws. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Do you think this might be an emerging pattern, or do you think CG might have other plans?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    The usual pay-to-win crap.
    The only upside is that this is a Negotiator killer. I hate jedis.

What, exactly, is pay to win about this?
  • I'm just glad a TIE Interceptor is in the game. Easily my favorite empire ship.
  • RTS wrote: »

You need to buy conquest pass for it, thats the pay part.

Many ppl got his/her conquest char 7* free.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

If you want to win, you need to pay, yes.

Please define what you mean by “win” in your argument.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

In this case, owning the fleet that beats everything on offense and can only be defeated by huge rng.

I got Executor without paying, as most players in my guild. And you don’t need conquest pass for her, as you referred to that earlier. As every unit in this game, you can pay, hoard or wait. If you didn’t hoard and a meta defining unit as Executor comes to the game, you’re right, you need to pay (or work on a clever counter) in order to compete during the first few months. Keeping a stash for such cases is not a bad idea.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

Hogwash.

Lots of people will unlock the ship without paying a penny.
    Starslayer wrote: »

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

In this case, owning the fleet that beats everything on offense and can only be defeated by huge rng.

I got Executor without paying, as most players in my guild. And you don’t need conquest pass for her, as you referred to that earlier. As every unit in this game, you can pay, hoard or wait. If you didn’t hoard and a meta defining unit as Executor comes to the game, you’re right, you need to pay (or work on a clever counter) in order to compete during the first few months. Keeping a stash for such cases is not a bad idea.

You just wrote a long wall of text to say the same thing.
    Executor (Razor crest) was a pay-to-win ship for months.
    Tie interceptor will most probably be the same.
    This might be difficult for you to believe, but not everyone who has things in their inventory that you don’t have paid for them.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

This might be difficult for you to believe, but not everyone who has things in their inventory that you don’t have paid for them.

Do they get it at the same time as the ones that pay for it?
    I unlocked Exec on day 1 without paying a penny for it.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

Do they get it at the same time as the ones that pay for it?
    I unlocked Exec on day 1 without paying a penny for it.

How did you get Razor crest at the same time as others, who bought the Pass?
    ?

None of the first 9 conquests had a battle pass. Did you play any of them?

I earned red crate in the first 3 conquests, which unlocked Razor Crest.

I earned red crate in the next 3 conquests, which earned more shards.

Whatever shards I needed to get it to 7*, I earned them when RC was a bonus drop in fleet nodes from 5 August to 10 August last year.

Oh - and for those first 6 conquests I did not spend a single Crystal on energy refreshes either.

• New Boba was also obtainable without the pass.
    hello
  • I did it.
    hello

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

When i wrote ‘i got Executor without paying’, it was implied that i had the other ships to go with it, RC included, also without paying (same for my guildmates btw). It seems my wall of text wasn’t long enough.

You know that Conquest pass won’t allow you to unlock the Conquest unit faster, right ? 3 months minimum, with or without Conquest pass.

“Need to”.

Hogwash.

'Pay-to-win'

When i wrote ‘i got Executor without paying’, it was implied that i had the other ships to go with it, RC included, also without paying (same for my guildmates btw). It seems my wall of text wasn’t long enough.

You know that Conquest pass won’t allow you to unlock the Conquest unit faster, right ? 3 months minimum, with or without Conquest pass.
    He thought every conquest so far had a pass, so I’m not sure he knows his GAS from his elbow.
  • Added to the vador tie change reducing cooldown of special ability (including reinforcement) of the admiral ship we will see how it improves the empire fleet viability.

Wait and see.