Please - No more cantina farms!!

Replies

• That's why it's important to save up 100K in crystals. You can buy 2 in shipments and farm the other 2... If you are desperate for starkiller

100k yeah ... maybe when you have all the GLs and everything else it's possible. But for the other 90% of the players, it's not!
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    What if CG releases a new Cantina character farm every 2 to 3 weeks? When exactly would you go back to farming Signal Data?

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying giving us these last 3 is bad. But many are failing to acknowledge the potential drawback if CG dials it up to 11.

You are correct, that won’t happen. If you know it’s fallacious to make that argument, why make it? The reality is, they haven’t dropped a toon in cantina in quite a while. Who was the last one? Moff Gideon? Aurra Sing? 3 brand new (possibly 4) toons in Cantina isn’t going to slow down signal data farming if you’re spreading your farm. I do things like farm signal data on the weekend and toons on the weekdays. That way I’m still actively getting gear/toons/relic together. There is a chance they’ll release Mara Jade on hard node, aggravating the people who love cantina farms. But, my bet is on her release on Cantina - which would be a win for everyone because it helps get to Starkiller faster.

I didn't say it would or would not happen. It's not a fallacious argument. It's a hypothetical. How likely is that hypothetical? No clue. Anyone not working for CG is just guessing.

It's anxiety. Nothing more or less. You can farm signal data right now if that's what your roster needs. If your roster needs Dash Rendar more than it needs to bring Shoretrooper from r3 to r4, then you can farm Dash Rendar instead.

If you are getting more crystals now from the GAC changes, you can use those crystals to buy signal data while you farm Dash Rendar (who whoever), or vice versa.

I'm not saying that your conclusions are necessarily wrong. I'm saying that they're blown out of proportion and you're over-reacting. What do you need right now? Farm that. Starkiller? Is Starkiller what you need? Then farm these new characters with 3 refreshes a day and take a breather on signal data until you're done. Don't want Starkiller? Farm signal data to your heart's content, and if it turns out you need, say, Kyle Katarn for something down the line be thankful he's on a Cantina node instead of a hard node. This is still infinitely and demonstrably better than if they were all on hard or fleet nodes.

Based on your responses, you are grossly misinterpreting my state of mind. I have said many times that I am glad to have these cantina farms.

The point that I was making is that a new Cantina farm every 2 or 3 weeks would be a drastic departure in farming economy for endgame players.

As I said—I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying that you’re blowing it out of proportion. Catastrophizing over something that could happen is what anxiety is. What would you call it?

I don't understand why you keep quoting my messages. You dont seem to be reading what I say, but you do seem to imply a state of mind I specifically said I didnt possess. I didn't say it'd be catastrophic if the economy changed this way. Earlier, in fact, I specifically acknowledged the opposite. I am simply acknowledging a potential consequence of new toons being put on Cantina nodes.

Anxiety implies I am under some mental stress over this, which I assure you, I am not.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    What if CG releases a new Cantina character farm every 2 to 3 weeks? When exactly would you go back to farming Signal Data?

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm not saying giving us these last 3 is bad. But many are failing to acknowledge the potential drawback if CG dials it up to 11.

You are correct, that won’t happen. If you know it’s fallacious to make that argument, why make it? The reality is, they haven’t dropped a toon in cantina in quite a while. Who was the last one? Moff Gideon? Aurra Sing? 3 brand new (possibly 4) toons in Cantina isn’t going to slow down signal data farming if you’re spreading your farm. I do things like farm signal data on the weekend and toons on the weekdays. That way I’m still actively getting gear/toons/relic together. There is a chance they’ll release Mara Jade on hard node, aggravating the people who love cantina farms. But, my bet is on her release on Cantina - which would be a win for everyone because it helps get to Starkiller faster.

I didn't say it would or would not happen. It's not a fallacious argument. It's a hypothetical. How likely is that hypothetical? No clue. Anyone not working for CG is just guessing.

It's anxiety. Nothing more or less. You can farm signal data right now if that's what your roster needs. If your roster needs Dash Rendar more than it needs to bring Shoretrooper from r3 to r4, then you can farm Dash Rendar instead.

If you are getting more crystals now from the GAC changes, you can use those crystals to buy signal data while you farm Dash Rendar (who whoever), or vice versa.

I'm not saying that your conclusions are necessarily wrong. I'm saying that they're blown out of proportion and you're over-reacting. What do you need right now? Farm that. Starkiller? Is Starkiller what you need? Then farm these new characters with 3 refreshes a day and take a breather on signal data until you're done. Don't want Starkiller? Farm signal data to your heart's content, and if it turns out you need, say, Kyle Katarn for something down the line be thankful he's on a Cantina node instead of a hard node. This is still infinitely and demonstrably better than if they were all on hard or fleet nodes.

Based on your responses, you are grossly misinterpreting my state of mind. I have said many times that I am glad to have these cantina farms.

The point that I was making is that a new Cantina farm every 2 or 3 weeks would be a drastic departure in farming economy for endgame players.

No one force you farm those char asap after they are released into cantina node(s)...

Okay... I didn't say they were. You and NicWester seem intent on putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. Thoroughly confused by the both of you.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Lol, hey CG can u introduce 20 energy cantina nodes and place all new marquees there for the foreseeable future? Thanks! :)
  • Champ_Kind33
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2022

I don't understand why you keep quoting my messages. You dont seem to be reading what I say, but you do seem to imply a state of mind I specifically said I didnt possess. I didn't say it'd be catastrophic if the economy changed this way. Earlier, in fact, I specifically acknowledged the opposite. I am simply acknowledging a potential consequence of new toons being put on Cantina nodes.

Anxiety implies I am under some mental stress over this, which I assure you, I am not.[/quote]

People don't realize you are taking a devil's advocate position, which is why they are responding to you as though you are putting your thoughts into practice. Your DA position is fallacious though, as they are NOT going to release characters like that in perpetuity. Even if they did, and we got a new toon on Cantina once every 2 months, or once a month, then people would just adjust their farming because they would HAVE to. It is never going to happen, so there is no need to make the argument - regardless of your stance on cantina farms.
  • So, going forward, starkiller is going to be an early game unlock then? As soon as people have the cantina table fully unlocked they'll be able to get him very quickly.

Interesting move.
  • My biggest gripe with cantina farms is the drop rates are horrendous. I’ve spent upwards to 1k crystals and got a total of 3 shards. Yeah you might be able to try as many times as you want but it’ll still cost you A LOT.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    I’ve spent upwards to 1k crystals and got a total of 3 shards.

🧢

• People don't realize you are taking a devil's advocate position, which is why they are responding to you as though you are putting your thoughts into practice. Your DA position is fallacious though, as they are NOT going to release characters like that in perpetuity. Even if they did, and we got a new toon on Cantina once every 2 months, or once a month, then people would just adjust their farming because they would HAVE to. It is never going to happen, so there is no need to make the argument - regardless of your stance on cantina farms.

… I can’t understand this post. “It won’t happen. If it did happen, you’d be right, but it won’t happen”?

This feels like a large circle of you three agreeing with each other in the most aggressive way possible.
  • I like cantina farms. Excat same drop rate as normal farms but you can do way more sims.
    hello
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

People don't realize you are taking a devil's advocate position, which is why they are responding to you as though you are putting your thoughts into practice. Your DA position is fallacious though, as they are NOT going to release characters like that in perpetuity. Even if they did, and we got a new toon on Cantina once every 2 months, or once a month, then people would just adjust their farming because they would HAVE to. It is never going to happen, so there is no need to make the argument - regardless of your stance on cantina farms.

… I can’t understand this post. “It won’t happen. If it did happen, you’d be right, but it won’t happen”?

This feels like a large circle of you three agreeing with each other in the most aggressive way possible.

I just explained that people didn’t realize he was perspective-taking. Don’t be a knob
  • Wookieebush
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    One or two cantina farms in a row is fine, but now 3 cantina and maybe 4 in a row ... we are not saving time with that. We cannot farm them at the same time in parallel, we have to farm them one after the other.

Then don’t farm them. If focusing on mats for relics is more important to you then do that. This will never be a game where you get everything you want for free. People need to understand that.

I just explained that people didn’t realize he was perspective-taking. Don’t be a knob

I don’t think this is devil’s advocate. This is expressing a concern. Is it 100% logical? Perhaps not, but we’re not dealing with a logic puzzle here. Nobody knows what will happen next, except maybe the CG leaders above the ones who actually talk to us. And nobody really knows what’s going on in other people’s heads.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    One or two cantina farms in a row is fine, but now 3 cantina and maybe 4 in a row ... we are not saving time with that. We cannot farm them at the same time in parallel, we have to farm them one after the other.

Then don’t farm them. If focusing on mats for relics is more important to you then do that. This will never be a game where you get everything you want for free. People need to understand that.

I don’t care about the relic mats. I don’t know why you assume I do. I was talking about the time factor. People are saying that it’s faster since they are cantina farm. That’s true, but not if they are all cantina.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    So, going forward, starkiller is going to be an early game unlock then? As soon as people have the cantina table fully unlocked they'll be able to get him very quickly.

Interesting move.

You need about 110 days to farm 4 characters at the same time on hard nodes.
    You need about 30 days to farm a character on a cantina node, so 120 days if they’re all there.

So it’s about the same. Only difference is: if you farm with regular energy you miss on Kyros, if you farm with cantina energy you miss on relics.
  • Since I'm not in a hurry to get the new toons, I'll refresh on cantina instead of LS/DS and combine signal data with shards. I was farming in LS/DS toons I like instead of requirement toons, I'll switch one to kyros and problem solved. Sorry CG, I solved your puzzle as f2p.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    More cantina farm in level 7 is mean. Level 8 cantina farm would be welcome as you get to farm signal data at the same time, and level 6 or lower farm is good as it cost less energy and it is a faster farm. But either way, cantina farm is always better than hard node farm unless they change limit from 5 to 8+.

You don't get signal data from nodes with characters. At least not at this time.

Cantina is faster, for a single toon. As I and others have tried to point out, if CG oversaturates Cantina character farms, you may never get to farm Signal data again.

You are right about level 8. I was being wishful as the only 3 nodes that didn’t have character were the 3 signal data nodes. On the other hand, my other statement about buying signal data from weekly store remain valid. The cost for that is almost same as 100 crystals refresh and certainly better than 200 refresh. So you can farm signal that way.
  • That's why it's important to save up 100K in crystals. You can buy 2 in shipments and farm the other 2... If you are desperate for starkiller

I am still in the camp that saving crystals are not efficient use of your refresh. Your relic and mod stats are in a worse shape if you save crystals. In the old GAC format, you could still benefit by getting matched to weaker players, but in the new format, slower development in relic and mods means you might drop in rank over time.
  • I still claim even CG put all 4 SK prerequisites on cantina farm, it is still better and faster for me (f2p) to unlock SK. So bring that on (especially if they put the last one in a 10 or 12 energy nodes)

Odd, because to me it looks like two people aggressively doubling down on their positions when there are four pages of people disagreeing with them.

I don’t care about the relic mats. I don’t know why you assume I do. I was talking about the time factor. People are saying that it’s faster since they are cantina farm. That’s true, but not if they are all cantina.

I get what you're saying, since you can't farm cantina in parallel the way you can with hard nodes. But the time difference isn't that great, while the crystal cost for all the refreshes favors cantina.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    That's why it's important to save up 100K in crystals. You can buy 2 in shipments and farm the other 2... If you are desperate for starkiller

I am still in the camp that saving crystals are not efficient use of your refresh. Your relic and mod stats are in a worse shape if you save crystals. In the old GAC format, you could still benefit by getting matched to weaker players, but in the new format, slower development in relic and mods means you might drop in rank over time.

why not both?
    hello

I get what you're saying, since you can't farm cantina in parallel the way you can with hard nodes. But the time difference isn't that great, while the crystal cost for all the refreshes favors cantina.

Good point. For 300 crystals on cantina refresh to get about 10 shards, I guess you would have to put up to 450 crystals on hard nodes to try to get as many.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Good point. For 300 crystals on cantina refresh to get about 10 shards, I guess you would have to put up to 450 crystals on hard nodes to try to get as many.

Honestly? When you put it like that, the extra 150 a day probably isn't that big a deal, either. If you're in a position where you're farming four characters at once and shelling out 300 a day on cantina refreshes, you're probably earning enough that you could do 450.

So you're probably right. To me it's just a psychological thing where I feel like if I'm refreshing hard node attempts I'm flushing crystals away--but the price of a node refresh plus the price of an energy refresh is LESS than the price of a cantina refresh! ****, man, why haven't I been refreshing nodes this whole time? Here I am farming Fennic 5 tries a day like a sucker!

Not going to lie, this never occurred to me before the GAC change because I never had the crystal income to consider it 🤣
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Honestly? When you put it like that, the extra 150 a day probably isn't that big a deal, either. If you're in a position where you're farming four characters at once and shelling out 300 a day on cantina refreshes, you're probably earning enough that you could do 450.

So you're probably right. To me it's just a psychological thing where I feel like if I'm refreshing hard node attempts I'm flushing crystals away--but the price of a node refresh plus the price of an energy refresh is LESS than the price of a cantina refresh! ****, man, why haven't I been refreshing nodes this whole time? Here I am farming Fennic 5 tries a day like a sucker!

Not going to lie, this never occurred to me before the GAC change because I never had the crystal income to consider it 🤣

What!! Of course lol. I’m buying all 3 50 crystals refresh of normal energy everyday, toon to farm or not. Why? Well, Kyro, circuit board mats & gear 12 mats.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Hard node farm with two node refreshes per day (15 attempts) is roughly a 56 day farm, assuming you did the corresponding marquee.
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

If they were all on 16 energy hard nodes (for comparison to cantina) and you were farming them simultaneously, you'd be spending (free energy included):
    Two refreshes = 650 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 4 x 50 on refreshing the node plus 3 x 50 + 2 x 100 for the required energy) = 36,400 crystals total and done in 56 days.
    One refresh = 250 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 3 x 50 on energy = 28,000 crystals total and done in 112 days.
    No refreshes = 0 crystal outlay and can be done with free energy taking 168 days.
    Obviously with the first two options there will be a little left over energy which might make a tiny difference to the costs. Higher energy nodes will have higher crystal investment required.

Compare that to four consecutive Cantina farms (16 energy nodes again for comparison).
    Three energy refreshes a day gets one character in 25.6 days, so four can be done in 103 days, costing 30,900 crystals.
    Four characters with two refreshes per day = 33.1 days each = 133 days costing 26,600
    One refresh = 47 days per character = 188 days total costing 18,800.
    Doing all four with free energy only will take ~325 days.

Not taking any particular side, but thought the comparison would be interesting for some.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Hard node farm with two node refreshes per day (15 attempts) is roughly a 56 day farm, assuming you did the corresponding marquee.
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

If they were all on 16 energy hard nodes (for comparison to cantina) and you were farming them simultaneously, you'd be spending (free energy included):
    Two refreshes = 650 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 4 x 50 on refreshing the node plus 3 x 50 + 2 x 100 for the required energy) = 36,400 crystals total and done in 56 days.
    One refresh = 250 crystals per day (4 x 25 + 3 x 50 on energy = 28,000 crystals total and done in 112 days.
    No refreshes = 0 crystal outlay and can be done with free energy taking 168 days.
    Obviously with the first two options there will be a little left over energy which might make a tiny difference to the costs. Higher energy nodes will have higher crystal investment required.

Compare that to four consecutive Cantina farms (16 energy nodes again for comparison).
    Three energy refreshes a day gets one character in 25.6 days, so four can be done in 103 days, costing 30,900 crystals.
    Four characters with two refreshes per day = 33.1 days each = 133 days costing 26,600

Not taking any particular side, but thought the comparison would be interesting for some.

You know looking at that math… it’s about the same (inverse) ratio of crystals:time.

Advantage to Cantina is you can pick which character you want to finish first, and spend Energy on gear that you need. Advantage to Hard Nodes is you can farm Signal Data at the same time… and you’ll need a lot if you’re going for SK.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

You know looking at that math… it’s about the same (inverse) ratio of crystals:time.

Advantage to Cantina is you can pick which character you want to finish first, and spend Energy on gear that you need. Advantage to Hard Nodes is you can farm Signal Data at the same time… and you’ll need a lot if you’re going for SK.

Crystal cost jumps quite a bit for hard nodes if they are twenty energy nodes. Timescale stays the same, costs are for trying to do four simultaneous 20 energy hard node farms are:
    Two node refreshes: 53,200 total crystals.
    One node refresh: 39,200 total crystals.
    That's why it's important to save up 100K in crystals. You can buy 2 in shipments and farm the other 2... If you are desperate for starkiller

Looking at your above 4K GAC skill rating... Definitely walking the walk!
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

And you need more after you got SK lol.
    He's designed to work best with some underused characters, and you have lv these chars up from the very beginning.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    One refresh ~112 days.
    No refresh ~168 days.

And you need more after you got SK lol.
    He's designed to work best with some underused characters, and you have lv these chars up from the very beginning.

It’s mainly just visas marr for what people believe to be SKs optimal team,

Mara is already a req, Palpatine is already a SEE/SLKR req & old Ben is a JML req (or just use a different req.