520 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
j083dc91ck0p.gif

UNIT NAME: TIE Echelon
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, First Order, Tank
CREW: First Order Officer
First Order Tank that covers its allies by providing them with Stealth.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Initiate the Hunt
drkoq1nfao0i.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the enemy is Hunted, inflict Target Lock for 2 turns which can't be resisted.

Target Lock: Call all other First Order allies with Advantage to assist and they gain Advantage for 1 turn.

SPECIAL: The Galaxy's Edge (Cooldown 4) (First Order Officer)
kecccvp0i8jl.gif

FINAL TEXT: TIE Echelon gains 30% Protection Up for 2 turns and all other First Order allies gain half that amount. Call all other First Order allies to assist, dealing 50% less damage and they gain Stealth for 2 turns.

HARDWARE: Vanguard of the First Order

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: TIE Echelon gains 30% Protection Up for 2 turns. All other First Order allies gain Stealth for 1 turn. For the rest of the encounter, whenever another First Order ally's Stealth expires, gain Taunt for 1 turn.

UNIQUE: Might of the First Order

FINAL TEXT: At the start of each First Order ally's turn, TIE Echelon gains 2% Defense, Max Health, and Max Protection (stacking) for each Stealthed First Order ally. When a First Order ally lands a critical hit, TIE Echelon recovers 20% Health and Protection. If TIE Echelon is the only ally ship not Stealthed, and there is at least one other ally Stealthed, it can't be critically hit.

Replies

• Nice!
    RyanFitz
  • Galaxy's Edge... seriously.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    this ship healing 20% health and protection whenever any FO allies critically hit is amazing
  • Funny that they still call it HARDWARE in these kit reveals....
  • Oh my God yessssss I can't wait
  • In case anyone is not aware... At the start of battle (if hux capital ship) all hardware abilities activate. So all other FO ships will start with stealth... which will be handy....
  • I can't quite understand what led to these 2 particular tanks having crew when the other faction-tailored tanks I would have thought these were supposed to be comparable to, are crewless. What makes even less sense is to have Rose on the Resi ship when it was her sister to pilot one, and the decision to give the Resi tank ship 2 crew and the FO tank ship 1 when there are still 2 non-GL first order characters that don't have ships and have comparable stat blocks to Rose and RT (Sith Trooper and First Order Executioner)
  • I’m assuming that the “whenever another first order ally’s stealth expires, gain taunt for 1 turn” bit means that the TIE Echelon gains taunt for 1 turn whenever one of its other allies stealth expires, right? I want to be sure I’m interpreting that correctly.
  • I can't quite understand what led to these 2 particular tanks having crew when the other faction-tailored tanks I would have thought these were supposed to be comparable to, are crewless. What makes even less sense is to have Rose on the Resi ship when it was her sister to pilot one, and the decision to give the Resi tank ship 2 crew and the FO tank ship 1 when there are still 2 non-GL first order characters that don't have ships and have comparable stat blocks to Rose and RT (Sith Trooper and First Order Executioner)

Gives people who reliced those characters a nice gift
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • And means executor fleets can not ignore the taunt.
  • And means executor fleets can not ignore the taunt.

not really.. since executor dispels stealth :\
  • onexy wrote: »
    And means executor fleets can not ignore the taunt.

Not talking about Razor Crest. Executor allows BH ships to ignore the Taunts of crewless tanks.
  • 50BC
    101 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    onexy wrote: »

Not talking about Razor Crest. Executor allows BH ships to ignore the Taunts of crewless tanks.

It's not crewless though is it, it's crewed by first order officer
  • 50BC wrote: »

Read the whole chain. I'm agreeing with that point.

Evilhighlander (correctly) pointed out as it has a crew the Executor fleet won't ignore it.

Onexy (incorrectly) said that Executor dispels stealth so could target the other ships.

Power creep. Executor wasn't in the mix back when the other fleets were getting their tanks, but now there is a huge distinction between crewed versus crewless ships due to how Executor ignores taunt. It's probably meant to give Executor a harder time walking over these fleets.

Are they all of a sudden going to hard-counter Executor? Probably not, but it's still adding some utility to these fleets as cleanup fleets.
  • Will see but the only thing with the Executor would be to mean Finalizer could beat it. Doubt much change in ship arena but could make GAC difference.
  • Galaxy's Edge... seriously.

no different than some video game ive never heard of
    hello
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    50BC wrote: »

Evilhighlander (correctly) pointed out as it has a crew the Executor fleet won't ignore it.

Onexy (incorrectly) said that Executor dispels stealth so could target the other ships.

Executor does dispel stealth so I think you're misremembering something. qtgt3333bj86.png
  • After the galactic chase, where will we be able to obtain shards for these ships? Will they be added somewhere like marquee chars?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Zumwan wrote: »
    After the galactic chase, where will we be able to obtain shards for these ships? Will they be added somewhere like marquee chars?

yes, in the past every galactic chase unit went to a cantina or a hard node after 3 months

They follow the marquee release cadence
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    After the galactic chase, where will we be able to obtain shards for these ships? Will they be added somewhere like marquee chars?

Imperial Tie Bomber - Dark Side Hard

Rebel Y-Wing - Fleet Hard

Hyena Bomber - Dark Side Hard

Ebon Hawk - Cantina

Emperor’s Shuttle - Dark Side Hard

Tie Echelon - ?

MG StarFortress - ?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Sebek wrote: »

They are talking about BH Executor team not being able to ingore Taunt on Tie Echelon, not about Executor dispelling Stealth.

He's clearly saying someone incorrectly claimed the executor doesn't dispel stealth.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Sebek wrote: »

They are talking about BH Executor team not being able to ingore Taunt on Tie Echelon, not about Executor dispelling Stealth.

He's clearly saying someone incorrectly claimed the executor doesn't dispel stealth.

No. That's not what I said at all.

Someone wrongly claimed that once the Executor dispelled the stealth, BH allies would be able to target other ships around TIE Echelon. They can't do that, as the TIE Echelon is not a crewless ship.
  • Wasn’t the Razor Crest a Galactic Chase?
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

No. That's not what I said at all.

Someone wrongly claimed that once the Executor dispelled the stealth, BH allies would be able to target other ships around TIE Echelon. They can't do that, as the TIE Echelon is not a crewless ship.

Although, the Echelon only actually Taunts as a reinforce… wait, no, Finalizer circumvents that.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wasn’t the Razor Crest a Galactic Chase?

It wasn't released as a galactic chase, like these two. It was released as a conquest character, and then boosted though a Chase. They still haven't said where it will go the following month.
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    I guess this isn't coming tomorrow, after the resistance galactic chase ends? I was expecting a dev post about it today
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I guess this isn't coming tomorrow, after the resistance galactic chase ends? I was expecting a dev post about it today

Update’s probably tomorrow with oWampa. But who knows.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member

My bet is coming on thursday, so I'm hoarding my energy rn

I'm fine with the 4* Fortress thing, I'm not gonna use it anyway lol