520 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
2r43e6lil6gh.gif

UNIT NAME: MG-100 StarFortress SF-17
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Resistance, Tank
CREW: Rose Tico, Resistance Trooper
Resilient Resistance Tank that can take punishment and debilitate enemies.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Gunners, Look Alive
4ui7lkorgd6w.gif

FINAL TEXT: If it's the StarFortress' turn, deal Physical damage twice. Inflict Target Lock for 2 turns.

If the target enemy has 5 stacks of The Sweet Spot, recover 15% Protection.

SPECIAL: Begin Drop Sequence (Cooldown 3) (Resistance Trooper)
og8sid90kl1n.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage and dispel all buffs from target enemy. Remove 10% Turn Meter per stack of The Sweet Spot. Inflict Evasion Down for 2 turns which can't be resisted. If the target enemy has 5 stacks of The Sweet Spot, place 3 Concussion Mines on them, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Concussion Mine: Deals damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health and Dazes the target for 2 turns when it explodes. Can't be dispelled.

SPECIAL: Tico Sister Legacy (Cooldown 3) (Rose Tico)
seyihkg3x4us.gif

FINAL TEXT: Recover 50% Health and gain Taunt for 2 turns. Call all other Resistance allies to assist, dealing 50% less damage. If the enemy has 5 stacks of The Sweet Spot, Resistance allies assist with no damage penalty.

HARDWARE: All Clear, Bring the Bombs

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Apply 2 stacks of The Sweet Spot to all enemies. Resistance allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns.

UNIQUE: The Sweet Spot

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if all allies are Resistance, the StarFortress is immune to critical hits for 1 turn. The StarFortress gains Taunt for 1 turn if an ally with Deflector Shield receives damage from an enemy. If the StarFortress loses Taunt it gains Taunt for 1 turn if it didn't already have Taunt and if another Resistance ally has Deflector Shield. While the StarFortress has Taunt it has 100% counter chance.

Whenever the StarFortress gains Foresight, the StarFortress dispels it and gains Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns instead.

Whenever a Resistance ally deals damage to an enemy, they apply a stack of The Sweet Spot (max 5) until the end of the encounter or the StarFortress is defeated.

The Sweet Spot: Increased effects from abilities that utilize The Sweet Spot

Replies

• DarthKatk
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Shame on you for this @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Even though you are just the messenger here you should've known better.
    Nobody with a sane mind has ever asked for "more utility" for Rose nor will.
  • DarthKatk wrote: »
    Shame on you for this @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Even though you are just the messenger here you should've known better.
    Cry about it some more hahaha at least she has some use now. Negative nancy over here getting all upset
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    DarthKatk wrote: »

I have

and

I will
    Wrong - having relic’d her for Rey, I’m delighted about this.

Well done Devs!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Sweet, more utility for Rose!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Having just unlocked Rey, a huge thank you for letting us use units we have already had to gear up.

And now, I may be blind, but does it say anywhere when the chases will start?
  • How does this ship unlock? FO one says Galactic Chase, this one has no information on how we'll get it.

Speak for yourself. She's a forced farm for a key meta character. Adding value to these characters is exactly what people should want CG to do!

Thanks @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI, this looks great!
  • Concussion Mines exploding after how many turns?????

Every word you just said is wrong

• I called it! Rose is the pilot!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Breaking out the popcorn to enjoy the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I love Rose and am happy to have a reason to slap 6. mods on her. Resistance Fleet is going to be scary, no joke.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    So what does the basic do if it's on an assist or counter? Just do damage once? The text isn't very clear.
  • StarFortress: Drops hundreds of bombs.

CG: Three, take it or leave it.

Jokes aside, it looks good, but I’d have liked the ability to drop 5-10 bombs on someone.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So what does the basic do if it's on an assist or counter? Just do damage once? The text isn't very clear.

Damages once, inflicts target lock and gain 15% protection if enemy has 5 stacks
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Ultra wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Damages once, inflicts target lock and gain 15% protection if enemy has 5 stacks

My guess as well, but it is NOT what is says. As it stands right now a counterattack will not deal damage.
    (right now the text is: FINAL TEXT: If it's the StarFortress' turn, deal Physical damage twice. Inflict Target Lock for 2 turns. If the target enemy has 5 stacks of The Sweet Spot, recover 15% Protection.
  • If the StarFortress loses Taunt it gains Taunt for 1 turn if it didn't already have Taunt

There's language like this in JMK's kit, and I still don't understand it. How can I lose Taunt if I didn't already have it? What does this mean?
  • This ship sounds great. This fleet was in dire need of a dedicated tank. Surprised there is any additional leveraging of foresight and/or exposes to get to the Manuever quicker, but regardless, no complaints!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    If the StarFortress loses Taunt it gains Taunt for 1 turn if it didn't already have Taunt

There's language like this in JMK's kit, and I still don't understand it. How can I lose Taunt if I didn't already have it? What does this mean?
    If:

1. Another unit gives it a locked Taunt buff on top of its existing taunt, so it won't gain a stack of dispellable taunt via unique
    2. Some other unit's unique gives taunt as soon as it loses its taunt, so you will now have 1 stack of taunt
  • This ship sounds great. This fleet was in dire need of a dedicated tank. Surprised there is any additional leveraging of foresight and/or exposes to get to the Manuever quicker, but regardless, no complaints!

Did you mean *isn’t*? Because on my read through it sounds like this ship won’t help you get to ultimate sooner. Cooldown is reduced by using a special when you have foresight, the unique here immediately removes foresight and adds crit immunity. It’s a good way to keep the ultimate balanced where it was and something I predicted (a mechanic similar to wrecker consuming stealth).
  • What happens with the bomber’s basic if it attacks out of turn? Is it just Target Lock and protection recovery?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Head over and start earning blueprints for this Resistance tank today! During this event, the drop rate for StarFortress blueprints on each node has been scaled to Cantina Energy.

Cantina Battles are rewarding bonus drops from 2/25 through 3/01

Is the event today or on the 25th? If it's today, could these be announced in advance next time? Already used my cantina refreshes...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Head over and start earning blueprints for this Resistance tank today! During this event, the drop rate for StarFortress blueprints on each node has been scaled to Cantina Energy.

Cantina Battles are rewarding bonus drops from 2/25 through 3/01

Is the event today or on the 25th? If it's today, could these be announced in advance next time? Already used my cantina refreshes...

25th
  • Jackow wrote: »
    Concussion Mines exploding after how many turns?????

Concussion Mines explode after 1 turn, according to B-28 Bomber's kit, so maybe 1 turn?
  • Triple utility now for Rose, prerequisite and Rancor fodder and now a pilot.
    /popcorn.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI I know there isn't a comment section on the content update post, but will Dark Trooper be on the accelerated characters list for the March calendar? His kit reveal was March 2 last year and characters become accelerated after a year.

If not, it would be great for players who don't have him at 7 stars to get 84 shards from the calendar vs 42 even though he'll probably become accelerated the first week of March.
  • For myself, I'm excited for more ship content and will gladly take a dedicated tank for the Resistance fleet in whatever form I can get one.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hey look, Rancor fodder now pilots a ship!