OBG's SLKR F2P farming journey that hopefully doesn't suck.

2Next

Replies

• Week 13 Update:

Level 82 (1.5 days from 83)

Very exciting week with New Years bringing all the Assault battles around, unfortunately we could only beat the Jedi vs Separatists challenge but we did beat 3 tiers of that so a LOT of resources from that.

In addition New Years day saw the Credit Heist return and we cleared Tier 3 of that for 3.75 million total which helped a LOT in our GAC prep. We are about 2.5 weeks from level 85 and GAC so I have started to prep the teams for that and we are SOOOOOOOO not ready! Its about 3 million per toon to level from 1 to 80 and I need like 10 more toons leveled up to be ready. So let me find a quick 30 million real quick! Its only 500k to get to level 50 which may be my "bare minimum" for GAC toons goal at L85.

rqyxn4cm81eg.png

qzbnue9x5aqp.png
    Grum the third swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/144884575/
    || Grum the Mighty swgoh.gg || OldBaldGuyGaming Youtube
  • Week 14 Update:
    Level 84 (~6 days to level 85)

Genosian Brood Alpha to 5 stars in 6 days after unlocking his node at Level 83.

7 Star Palpatine finished! Completed the journey with the ST Han (L), Princess Leia, Kanan Jarrus, Old Ben, Farmboy Luke - All at Level 80 G8, no omegas, not even full L7 abilities.

5 Star Padme Journey finished - GBA to max level and max abilities allowed us to easily clear the 5 star challenge.

Fleet Arena is going great, easily top 10 every day and if the battles break right can battle all the way into the top 5.

Level 85 and GAC start next week! I am SOOOOOOO not ready. I basically have 2.5 squads with Geos, QGJ Omicron Jedi, and half an Empire squad. We are going to be fielding some level 1 teams in GAC week 1 I have a feeling. NEED MONEY!!!

cq9ye93j68pe.png

wvjj5ydya9ar.png
  • Nice job. That QGJ omi will be super powerful when you start...setting it on defense will block a bunch of teams I am sure, especially if you have a well-geared JKA to go with him.
  • In fact, I'm thinking of gearing up my QGJ and breaking apart my Padme team.
    Put JKA & Snips with QGJ, and then GK & GMY with JKR...I think this is the way to go, then Padme is kind of just there on her own doing nothing for now
  • Nice job. That QGJ omi will be super powerful when you start...setting it on defense will block a bunch of teams I am sure, especially if you have a well-geared JKA to go with him.

First round of GAC the QGJ lead Jedi with a G11 JKA but 3 other horrible Jedi held 4 times in 3 matches and lost a total of 1 toon (QGJ died on the final round to a G12 Vader). Combined with the Geo's on the other side we won all 3 matches by a combined 1800-31

Its VERY VERY effective early for sure :) Another reason to build Jedi instead of Phoenix. Easy Galactic War clears from L50 onward (unlocked Bastilla) and QGJ for the easy wins in first couple rounds of GAC. I am curious to see how far up Carbonite I can crawl before QGJ becomes beatable.

• Week 16 Update:

Hit Level 85 after 104 days.

7 Star Darth Vader after 106 days (little bugger would NOT showup in the shops)
    5th Legendary Commander Luke Skywalker on Day 106.
    7 Star R2D2 right after I finished Vader, basically Zeta L84 Vader and G8L80 Palpatine duoed the whole thing.

Malevolence is UNLOCKED! Thanks to the event a few months ago and being in a good guild I had JUST enough GET2 to get Malevolence to 5 stars. Unfortunately a G7 L50 Grievous and a lack of ship credits means I can't use him in fleet arena successfully yet.

First week of GAC has come and gone. I hit Level 85 2 days before the new season started and got dropped in Carbonite 4. I decided to set a VERY strong defense and hope that I could win ONE fight with Zeta Vader and get the win.

I set Omicron QGJ Jedi and Geo's on Defense and neither of them lost a fight in 3 rounds. Every opponent attacked at least twice (one guy hit 4 times) and only once did they kill even one character. An easy 3-0 run for 750 crystals is VERY helpful on a F2P account. Promoted to Carbonite 3 for next week.

My entire focus the next 2 weeks is to get 6 Level 85 teams up and running for GAC. I currently have 2 "finished" teams and 3 other teams that are eh. The plan for Carbonite GAC teams are:

Geos, QGJ Jedi, CLS Rebels (without chewie or Chewpio), Padme (with GK but no JKA), Empire (with Mara Jade at 3 star), GG Droids (with Nute)

Teams 7, 8 and 9 for next division when we get there will be First Order 1, First Order 2, Bounty Hunters. No idea who team 10 will be.. it may well be a bunch of level 1's in the back row praying noone finds them.

vararr0gl3iz.png

0sz3fy96hb9k.png
  • Excellent to see the first week of GAC went that well, congrats. I am sure you will fly through Carbonite and get bumped to Bronzium for next season, so it's good that you are already prepping for that. And don't worry, none of us can really field 10 good teams, so you just have to play a good strategy and you'll still win.

Once you have your relic KRU, your defense will be solid. I personally take QGJ & JKA on offense b/c it just destroys things. In Carbonite it's okay to set on defense as I expect most people won't know how to beat it...but once you move up you really have to go for the full clears to get the wins, so having 5 good offensive teams I have found to be the best.
  • btw, you should come join us on the Free To Play Nation discord server

https://discord.gg/vebuGnJs
  • Excellent to see the first week of GAC went that well, congrats. I am sure you will fly through Carbonite and get bumped to Bronzium for next season, so it's good that you are already prepping for that. And don't worry, none of us can really field 10 good teams, so you just have to play a good strategy and you'll still win.

Once you have your relic KRU, your defense will be solid. I personally take QGJ & JKA on offense b/c it just destroys things. In Carbonite it's okay to set on defense as I expect most people won't know how to beat it...but once you move up you really have to go for the full clears to get the wins, so having 5 good offensive teams I have found to be the best.

One of the reasons I like QGJ on defense is even against the best non-GL rosters it takes two attempts to clear. If I have enough offense then that extra attack should be enough to get me the win.

I don't know if I will have time to make Bronzium 1. Week 2 even a 3-0 won't get me out of Bronzium 3 and It will be close if I can finish week 4 in Bronzium 1 or not. I still want a 12-0 first season so we will see if its enough to get me promoted. (Not that another season of 12-0 in Bronzium 1 will suck).
  • Week 17 Update:

GAC is in full swing and we are holding steady at 4-1 overall now. We lost our first match due to poor decisions on defense, however won the week 2 matchup because of good decisions so it all balances out!

Credit heist came and went and with just ST Han, Nute, Raid Han we managed to clear the top tier for 5 MIL credits. No 3 star though because I had to sacrifice 2 level 1's to meet qualifications to try it.

Our 6 GAC teams are coming along nicely, I still expect 7-10 more days before we "finish" them and can start on the hard core SLKR requirements. We still have probably 6 months or more till Finalizer is ready so its not a rush yet but I want to get on it ASAP.

If you want more details on my GAC lineup and plan I go into it more on the Week 17 Youtube video so feel free to check it out.

vq70wbn2c616.png

vizhmawt67b4.png

https://youtu.be/Kb2reOSce0g

• Week 18 Update:

Its been a disappointing week with the cancelling of GAC in the middle of the round. We did start out 1-0 to move to 6-1 overall but now its over for this week.

On the progession side we unlocked General Kenobi and got him to L85, Finished CLS to L85, and also Grievous to L85. So now all 6 of our squads for GAC are competitive. We also Zeta'ed the Metalloid Monstrosity Ability on Grievous which will make him a REALLY tough clear for a back row squad.

We are on our FINAL Cantina farm for SLKR which means we can start on the Relic farms for the First Order teams soon.

0z599uwlkylc.png

qj00ol02is8u.png
  • What's your swgoh.gg on this SLKR rush so I can take a look?

Interested to see / hear what your plans are for relic'ing non-SLKR req toons right now.
  • What's your swgoh.gg on this SLKR rush so I can take a look?

Interested to see / hear what your plans are for relic'ing non-SLKR req toons right now.

I don't intend to relic any toons except for SLKR Reqs right now. If I find I am ahead of schedule on relicing toons compared to ships/finalizer than I may swing back around and relic like a GG or JKA but my first priority is SLKR toons.

It will be interesting to see how that works out since I know you have a lot of REALLY good relic teams that are carrying you in GAC like Troopers, and I won't have any of that for many months.

https://swgoh.gg/p/599379451/ is the link to this profile. I need to make a nice Sig like you have. You have so many good ideas!

• I don't intend to relic any toons except for SLKR Reqs right now. If I find I am ahead of schedule on relicing toons compared to ships/finalizer than I may swing back around and relic like a GG or JKA but my first priority is SLKR toons.

It will be interesting to see how that works out since I know you have a lot of REALLY good relic teams that are carrying you in GAC like Troopers, and I won't have any of that for many months.

https://swgoh.gg/p/599379451/ is the link to this profile. I need to make a nice Sig like you have. You have so many good ideas!

Yeah just looking I was going to say taking Vader, JKA and maybe GG to relics would elevate 3 full teams to a whole other level, might be worth it.
  • 10 months in for me with some sideline distractions (chewie, jkr) and i have evryone except vs han at g12 and a full team of fo relics.
    still have a few months to go at least, with gear for everyone to relic and finalizer (command shuttle still at 6*
  • shep294 wrote: »
    10 months in for me with some sideline distractions (chewie, jkr) and i have evryone except vs han at g12 and a full team of fo relics.
    still have a few months to go at least, with gear for everyone to relic and finalizer (command shuttle still at 6*

Yeah Finalizer is definitely the longest part! It takes so long once you even get everyone to the point you can do the event. I am not looking forward to that part.

• Week 20 Update:

We are now 6 weeks away from the 6 month point. We still have about 12 weeks to finish the ship farm which includes doing a double farm on one ship node a day and spend 4 energy refreshes a day. The furthest away ship is the Command Shuttle which needs 223 shards to 7 stars still. That still puts us at around 7.5 months for the end of the ship farm which is pretty good since we didn't start the final ship farm until like 3 months in.

I had originally predicted 6 months per ship so to finish it in 4.5 months is ahead of schedule. The double farm on the furthest behind node is really helping.

Executrix is at 30/100 so it should be at 7 stars in about 15 weeks (5 more events at 3 weeks apart) so we may have to do a refresh if Finalizer is close and we need that 7 star capital ship to finish the event but it will probably finish right on time.

The goal of this journey was to have a competitive GAC team while getting to SLKR in a rapid fashion, a merger of the Rush approach and the GAC focus approach. This goal has lead me to make a few minor changes which means I am going to pushing Vader, JKA and GG to relics before the First Order teams. Those 3 characters will allow me to push much further ahead in GAC for a small investment but it will push our First order teams back a bit which may delay the unlock for SLKR a little. We will have to see how it plays out, but the #1 goal of this guide is to stay competitive and successful the whole way to SLKR and not sacrifice gameplay for the SLKR grind.

I would love to hear others feedback, do you think its worth taking 3 non-SLKR toons to Relic's to gain an advantage in GAC?

hbgvho6yfto1.png

1rbi3td552zr.png

10 months in for me with some sideline distractions (chewie, jkr) and i have evryone except vs han at g12 and a full team of fo relics.

Yeah Finalizer is definitely the longest part! It takes so long once you even get everyone to the point you can do the event. I am not looking forward to that part.

the ships take forever, brings me back to the days before accelerated toons...man those days ****
  • Week 20 Update:

The goal of this journey was to have a competitive GAC team while getting to SLKR in a rapid fashion, a merger of the Rush approach and the GAC focus approach. This goal has lead me to make a few minor changes which means I am going to pushing Vader, JKA and GG to relics before the First Order teams. Those 3 characters will allow me to push much further ahead in GAC for a small investment but it will push our First order teams back a bit which may delay the unlock for SLKR a little. We will have to see how it plays out, but the #1 goal of this guide is to stay competitive and successful the whole way to SLKR and not sacrifice gameplay for the SLKR grind.

I would love to hear others feedback, do you think its worth taking 3 non-SLKR toons to Relic's to gain an advantage in GAC?

hbgvho6yfto1.png

1rbi3td552zr.png
    my question here is do you have malevolence capital ship? i was able to grab that thanks to the event a few months back and my guild doing tb (10 stars on ds geo, 35+ in hoth). that allwed me to place top 10 in fleet for a good while with my geos and ht.
    i didnt push anyone else to relic, vader can be deadly at g11 or g12 (i can take geo relic teams). jka is a solid pick since he goes with several squads but i love cls cuz rebels are a must for me. gg i took to g11 so i could max his mal ability. i didnt take anyone else to relic, its so time consuming but i did build a few other teams.
    bh-to unlock chewie and falcon
    rebels-cls lead,han,chewie,r2, chewpio
    empire-palp (slkr rush hes r7) vader, mara jade (her omi in tw is amazing), bastf (no zeta) and thrawn
    geos-roughly g11 (so good early game)
    jkr-i think only g8, recently unlocked. bast, jolee, gmy and ahsoka

i perform very well in gac (i have worked mods diligently) in bronze 2 where i get worked by guys with way more gp than me lol. fleet rewards gave me the crystals i needed for refreshes. use kru lead, kylo, hux, fox (will use fost soon when i get to r5), sith trooper for arena (top 200)

• I would love to hear others feedback, do you think its worth taking 3 non-SLKR toons to Relic's to gain an advantage in GAC?

hbgvho6yfto1.png

1rbi3td552zr.png

[/quote]
    the sheer amount of kryotech shock prods is staggering (slkr needs them as well)
    mk 6 medpacs too
  • I do have Mal thanks to the Galactic Chase and good GET2 production from the guild. Its easy for me to take #1 in fleet arena and I drop down to 5-7 over night. So its a nice 400 crystals + Dailies + GAC daily allows me to spend 525 crystals a day and still grow my crystal stash with GAC rewards.

The ships are an ABSOLUTE grind, and I am impressed you are in Bronzium 2 with a pre-SLKR roster. That is really good. I expect to hit Bronzium at the end of the next GAC which means 10 teams and I barely have 6 and will be somewhere around 1.1m GP at the end of next GAC when I promote to Bronzium. It will be quite the challenge and hopefully we can do well there.

I doubt I will get promoted from Bronzium until I finish SLKR which means probably 4 months in Bronzium (I figure SLKR somewhere around 10-11 month mark maybe 12 months) and then skyrocket up until I hit the point where a GL can't block an entire side anymore.

My plan for GAC in Bronzium is basically one or two "banner stealers" to get a stop and allow my offense to full clear. Fingers crossed it works.. Omi QGJ with relic JKA is going to eat at least one team per match which hopefully is enough.

• wow i can never get 1 in fleet cuz of nego in my shard but for months i was top 5 and now im top 10, but i didnt grind out hyena bomber or VD which was a mistake (which im working on now). i got to bronze mainly because the mods i have on the few teams i have are solid but it is hard when facing off against ppl Way stronger, but strategy can get the win (undersized teams, fleet holds, checking ppls gac history and preparing right) ill try and keep up on your progress, going slkr is a grind but ive played this game for years and know everything is a grind lol

https://swgoh.gg/p/139521692/

wow i can never get 1 in fleet cuz of nego in my shard but for months i was top 5 and now im top 10, but i didnt grind out hyena bomber or VD which was a mistake (which im working on now). i got to bronze mainly because the mods i have on the few teams i have are solid but it is hard when facing off against ppl Way stronger, but strategy can get the win (undersized teams, fleet holds, checking ppls gac history and preparing right) ill try and keep up on your progress, going slkr is a grind but ive played this game for years and know everything is a grind lol

https://swgoh.gg/p/139521692/

There are no Negotiators in my shard yet, The account is only 5 months old so a couple Mal's from the galactic Chase event dominate the top of the shard. Hyena Bomber and Vulture Droid really make that Mal fleet shine.

I have a "plan" for Bronzium in 6 weeks.. but man am I nervous about it. Hopefully I manage to do well this GAC season and push up into Bronzium.

• Week 21 Update:

- Holding steady in Fleet hitting number 1 daily without issue, crystal income is really good.
    - First Relic yesterday with Darth Vader taking the honor, had all the supplies from various events to get him straight to Relic 4 for tomorrow's GAC start.
    - Next focus gear farms are Palpatine (to setup the Duo clear in GAC for banners), and JKA.then onto KRU.
    - Finally catching up on Credits so I can start bringing my speed mods up to Gold now, I have tons of mats but no money to do it!

9x3pwxzvumk1.png

7cpb84phvcfu.png
  • Week 22 Update:

The farms are always ongoing! We are still spending 525 crystals a day on 5 Hard Node Farms + 3 Ship Hard Node farms. Cantina farms are done so we are stockpiling Relic Materials for the future.

I finally have all 6 of my GAC squads at Level 85! Only took me 5 months!

I have included below my current GAC teams and my next team up for farming in preparation for Carbonite in a month or two. Geos and Omni QGJ/JKA are REALLY carrying the GAC hard to our current 10-2 record.

Empire has turned into our top offensive squad and really push through some tough teams. They one shot a Relic 5 auto-place squad in round 1 in quite the punchup!

fvopibh5zqbn.png

9e96uowe30pr.png
    1sjeqkmf0luo.png
    54ub9oizo9xq.png
    6qg32mt6q1qj.png

• Week 24:

2 Weeks away from 6 months.

I hit level 85 originally at the VERY end of Conquest, 2nd conquest we completed Easy. Last Conquest was our first in the Normal bracket (recommended for 2m+ GP which we are NOT!) and only got to Box 1. THIS Conquest we had 2 relics and were able to get the 3rd box and 180 banners. We made it into Sector 3.

We are up to Carbonite 2 in GAC and still predicting we will hit Carbonite 1 by end of season and promote to Bronzium so we have done a lot of prep already for Bronzium and its 10 squads + 2 fleet requirements.

- First Order squad is almost ready and hopefully we will soon have R7 KRU and R7 OG Kylo which lead to some really good defensive teams and a solo team from OG Kylo.
    - We are also farming hard on Wampa with the plan to add his Omicron to a G11 or so Wampa. This will give us another solo team to add to OG Kylo and Vader.

If you have not already be sure to check out the video series on this journey (https://www.youtube.com/c/OldBaldGuyGaming) and join the F2P Nation discord with other great F2P content creators and lots of great advice (https://discord.gg/2pqRPdkRnw)

h4wgh356c0x8.png

7qkgqz25bitq.png
  • > The early pre-70 game with Bugs/Jedi is MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker than the early Phoenix/Empire game by a pretty wide margin.

KRU with geos, ahsoka, etc are not that bad. I won 90% of the early GWs. It is more time intensive to learn the strategy, but fun when you figure out how to swap around the team. Easy wins vs phoenix.