PSA: Chase drop rates have been lowered

Prev13456713
StarSon
7411 posts Member
edited April 2022
Just FYI while you're planning. In case you didn't notice, CG lowered the Chase drop rate in Cantina from 4% to 3% without notice. If you want a 5* ship from a Chase, you now have to spend the 400 refreshes. Plan accordingly.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    and what data do you have to back this claim up?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

In addition to the tracking done in this thread (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/254101/starfortress-drop-rate-tracking#latest), the tracking done on the events server matches. The observed drop rate is 3%. The announced drop rate is 4%.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

In addition to the tracking done in this thread (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/254101/starfortress-drop-rate-tracking#latest), the tracking done on the events server matches. The observed drop rate is 3%. The announced drop rate is 4%.

cool thanks.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI this kind of needs some attention. Why were drop rates lowered? Why weren’t we told. We need answers for this. This can’t go unaddressed
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI this kind of needs some attention. Why were drop rates lowered? Why weren’t we told. We need answers for this. This can’t go unaddressed

We weren't told because they either don't care, or they did it on accident and didn't notice. Either way, don't expect a response. I would be shocked if we ever get a response, given how little they care about customer experience these days.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

We weren't told because they either don't care, or they did it on accident and didn't notice. Either way, don't expect a response. I would be shocked if we ever get a response, given how little they care about customer experience these days.

That’s unacceptable regardless. I know that they see these posts and if they allow this to go unanswered it’s beyond shameful on their end.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

That’s unacceptable regardless. I know that they see these posts and if they allow this to go unanswered it’s beyond shameful on their end.

"Beyond shameful" is not new to them. I don't expect them to care.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well that sucks. I didn't care much about the cardboard bomber but I seriously considered trying to get the Echelon as far as I can, even with the more expensive refreshes. I guess that's no longer on the table. Oh well, more crystals saved...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Well that sucks. I didn't care much about the cardboard bomber but I seriously considered trying to get the Echelon as far as I can, even with the more expensive refreshes. I guess that's no longer on the table. Oh well, more crystals saved...

I have seen one person say they got 5* with just doing the 200s, so it's possible with excellent RNG. Just not the norm.
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    I'm just surprised no one has been slapped in the face yet. :wink:
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Wrathe wrote: »
    I'm just surprised no one has been slapped in the face yet. :wink:

Someone accusing CG of a "slap in the face" is also assuming this was done on purpose. Given CG's track record, it was probably completely accidental. They just aren't smart enough to have noticed they did it so they could tell us about it.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Do you honestly think they would announce this to the player base? Then you haven't been paying attention to their lack of communication ;)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Do you honestly think they would announce this to the player base? Then you haven't been paying attention to their lack of communication ;)

I’ve been paying attention alright, that doesn’t mean that I’m going to not call them to attention when they need to do their jobs as community managers and communicate with the community.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Doja will be posting an update on this today (hopefully)
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Update: No update on this coming today, looks like tomorrow

I'll reopen the thread
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Just FYI while you're planning. In case you didn't notice, CG lowered the Chase drop rate in Cantina from 4% to 3% without notice. If you want a 5* ship from a Chase, you now have to spend the 400 refreshes. Plan accordingly.

Not if you stock 1000 energy before the event. Then, barring bad rng, you’ll get your 5* with 200 refreshs.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Update: No update on this coming today, looks like tomorrow

I'll reopen the thread

I think CG should use Maybe Tomorrow by Stereophonics to start their live video updates. Oh wait, have they stopped those too?
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    So far FO Tie E is about the same for me off a very small sample

320 for 9
    320 for 10
    320 for 10

960 for 29 = 3.02%
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Not if you stock 1000 energy before the event. Then, barring bad rng, you’ll get your 5* with 200 refreshs.

I stocked 1100 energy. Still short of 5*.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited March 2022

On paper you should get 5*, but rng being rng, a good chunk of players with bad luck will fall short.

Edit: 765 energy with 5 refreshes per day, 3825 in 5 days, 4925 with your hoarded energy. 3%, 147,75 shards.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

On paper you should get 5*, but rng being rng, a good chunk of players with bad luck will fall short.

Edit: 765 energy with 5 refreshes per day, 3825 in 5 days, 4925 with your hoarded energy. 3%, 147,75 shards.

On paper I should have gotten 5* with only 3x100 since I had 1100 banked.
  • StarSon wrote: »

On paper I should have gotten 5* with only 3x100 since I had 1100 banked.
    At 4% drop rate, yes.

But at 3% drop rate you would not have made the 145 shards unless you had exceptional RNG.

1100 + 5x360 (refreshes) + 5x45 (daily lunchtime bonus) + 5x120 (natural daily refresh) = 3725.

3725x0.03 = 112 shards

3725x0.04 = 149 shards

• I got 5* with roughly 1100 banked, 3x100 and 2x200 by the way.
  • is a 5 star really that important
    hello
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    is a 5 star really that important

Yes. The stat boosts do make a difference, especially with tanks who are supposed to soak up damage
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yes. The stat boosts do make a difference, especially with tanks who are supposed to soak up damage

so 5 star is important but its terrible at 7 star ok
    hello
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

so 5 star is important but its terrible at 7 star ok

I don’t see how you came to that conclusion. How is it terrible at 7 stars?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Also 5 stars gets you the max Reinforcement Upgrade. That’s huge, especially for the Echelon.
  • wildnz wrote: »

320 for 9
    320 for 10
    320 for 10

960 for 29 = 3.02%

the first order tie tank is already avail for galactic chase? I've logged in several times today and haven't seen it?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    wildnz wrote: »

320 for 9
    320 for 10
    320 for 10

960 for 29 = 3.02%

the first order tie tank is already avail for galactic chase? I've logged in several times today and haven't seen it?

It starts at daily reset, so people with later time zones will have it already.
This discussion has been closed.