JKL Event bugged or do I just suck?

FS_Duke
1 posts Member
edited April 2021
Wampa's Furious Foe just seems to be healing Luke every time I use and I can't see any evidence that I'm getting the bonuses I'm supposed to. I have a Relic 5 Wampa with all his Zetas and I can't even get close to beating Luke.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Luke heals when he resists
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Luke heals when he resists

Iirc When I did it w r4 wampa I maxed out potency
  • I did not recall correctly. Just double checked, I modded 4 offense, two tenacity. Focused on offense and tenacity
  • This event is hot garbage. Another RNG fest
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    FS_Duke wrote: »
    JKL Event bugged or do I just suck?
    This event is hot garbage. Another RNG fest

Hmmm.
  • FS_Duke wrote: »
    It's just another "fix your mods"-fest.

R3 zetaless Wampa can get it done with no issues. If you struggle with r5 the problem is not RNG.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Agreed, R3 zetaless Wampa here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    R3 Wampa with one zeta and I got through on the first day of this event. Didn't even watch any strategy videos, just figured it out for myself.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member

R3 zetaless Wampa can get it done with no issues. If you struggle with r5 the problem is not RNG.

not really, even with proper mods, Tier 6 is almost in GAS Tier 4 areas of RNG.

I did the first two tiers at xmas and they were no issue with my standard modded CLS and Wampa. T3 took a couple tries, t4 and 5 1 shot, t6 2 hours and that was with a 300speed leia and 280 lando (at R5) and R6 Chewy and 270 speed threepio. T7 and 8 were both 2 tries.

Even modded right, i'd do 15 runs and barely dent the second half of T6. Then i'd get one where i'd get close. The irony for me was when i finally finished it, my pc said it was 11:38 local time :)
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »

not really, even with proper mods, Tier 6 is almost in GAS Tier 4 areas of RNG.

I did the first two tiers at xmas and they were no issue with my standard modded CLS and Wampa. T3 took a couple tries, t4 and 5 1 shot, t6 2 hours and that was with a 300speed leia and 280 lando (at R5) and R6 Chewy and 270 speed threepio. T7 and 8 were both 2 tries.

Even modded right, i'd do 15 runs and barely dent the second half of T6. Then i'd get one where i'd get close. The irony for me was when i finally finished it, my pc said it was 11:38 local time :)

Not even close. I still get the willies when my mind wanders back to my GAS P4 experience.

JKL was rainbows and unicorns compared to that.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • JKL is the least RNG dependent event in a long time. Have you unlocked GAS? Or Malak? Those 2 are infamous for the RNG needed to get them
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    I had no problem with Malak. 2 or 3 tries total. Followed the video, worked pretty simply for me. GAS was horrible. I had the same experience to a lesser degree admitted in T6 of this. YMMV i guess, but my experience was very similar to GAS P4.

I made it to 2/2 with full heath and 75% protection on all 3 toons and still didn't get a single kill before being wiped. When i finally did get through - it was with all three getting into pt 2 at 100% health, no protection. A number of times i'd lose a guy or two in pt 1, but the number of times over 2 hours i got close to clearing in pt 2 was about 5.

Sure, it wasn't completely as bad as GAS, but it was definitely reminiscent for me. The other 7 tiers? Yeah, no problem. So 1/8 tiers were a pain here compared to 2.5/4 with GAS. There was nothing enjoyable about GAS. Absolutely nothing. I actually enjoyed 7/8 of these tiers. They were well done from the play to the video's, etc. The only missed opportunity was luke's head in the vader helmet for t5.
  • I'm on try # 7ish now for Tier-7 and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, my "Normal" CLS is decently Modded & Relic-6, I gave him some of my best mods & still I'm getting crushed by this stupid phase.

Any help on modding or some sort of pattern to the floating debris would be much appreciated.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I'm on try # 7ish now for Tier-7 and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, my "Normal" CLS is decently Modded & Relic-6, I gave him some of my best mods & still I'm getting crushed by this stupid phase.

Any help on modding or some sort of pattern to the floating debris would be much appreciated.

Vader will throw any remaining boxes at you when he takes a turn. Get speed down on him and try to kill the boxes in between his turns. You need enough damage to get through him. Try to put your very fastest crit damage set on with as much offense from primaries and secondaries as you can get.
  • I finally got it by removing all my Offense/Potency sets for Health & CD.

Then I walked into Tier 8 and no matter how I moded Vader he died.
    Finally had to give him another Zeta to heal & multiple Health Sets but I got it done.

Its pretty annoying to see videos of Relic-3 getting this done but struggling w/ a R6 Luke & R7 Vader.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I finally got it by removing all my Offense/Potency sets for Health & CD.

Then I walked into Tier 8 and no matter how I moded Vader he died.
    Finally had to give him another Zeta to heal & multiple Health Sets but I got it done.

Its pretty annoying to see videos of Relic-3 getting this done but struggling w/ a R6 Luke & R7 Vader.

So what I noticed when I went back into the event is that the Vader in tier 7 seems to be regaining protection when the dots expire. I don't know if it was always like that or if it updated with the Vader kit change that gave the player Vader the same ability. If the latter, it could be making the event harder (but I could still beat it with r3 CLS as long as the mods were right).

My r7 Vader walked all over tier 8, so you may have a mods issue.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Do you have his healing Zeta?
    That was the thing I needed.
    I gave him best mods off my SLKR & others & it still didn't keep him alive till I busted out the "Heals From Dots" Zeta & then I passed on the first try.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

Do you have his healing Zeta?
    That was the thing I needed.
    I gave him best mods off my SLKR & others & it still didn't keep him alive till I busted out the "Heals From Dots" Zeta & then I passed on the first try.

I have all his zetas, but I didn't seem to get to a point where I'd needed healing.

Here are his mods/stats:

g0aih2jv7dco.jpg

x32jcdrku11y.jpg

One tip is to avoid culling blade so you can keep Speed Down on him.

• crzydroid wrote: »
    One tip is to avoid culling blade so you can keep Speed Down on him.
    Hah, I WISH I could have used CB, he would literally heal himself by changing forms EVERY SINGLE TIME I landed a debuff on him, LOL. Nothing stayed on him long enough for me to CB him.
  • The penultimate tier is definitely harder now with him recovering protection from the DoTs. If you time Call to Action wrong and he uses Force Crush and lands dots there's a very good chance you won't kill him while he slowly whittles you away. Or you just stalemate over and over again.

I swapped on a set to give CLS 350+ speed and about 120% tenacity and it's still hit or miss now.

Super high damage but slower might be the way to go for that tier now.