CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
cvl4g0cequmy.gif

UNIT NAME: Mace Windu
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Jedi, Galactic Republic, Leader, Tank, Fleet Commander
Aggressive Jedi tank with devastating damage if left unchecked.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Invincible Assault
d1hdwek23zi7.gif

OLD FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Mace is above 50% Health, this attack deals 50% more damage. If Mace is below 50% Health, he recovers Health equal to 70% of the damage dealt.

NEW FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. This attack deals bonus damage equal to 5% of Mace's Max Health. If Mace is above 50% Health, he gains 15% Turn Meter. If Mace is below 50% Health, he recovers Health equal to 100% of the damage dealt.

SPECIAL: Smite (Cooldown 3)
sk4hpffc6xuv.gif

OLD FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects.

NEW FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. If target enemy had Shatterpoint, Stun them for 1 turn and remove 50% Turn Meter, then Mace gains 50% Turn Meter.

NEW SPECIAL: This Party's Over (Cooldown 3)
id8va477tj1n.gif

FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Deal Special damage to target enemy and call target other ally to assist. If target enemy had Shatterpoint and target ally is Galactic Republic, swap Turn Meter with target ally. If target enemy had Shatterpoint and target ally is Jedi, Mace gains 2 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 8) for the rest of the encounter. Both Mace and target ally recover 30% Protection.

LEADER: Take a Seat (Formerly "Vaapad”)
OLD FINAL TEXT: Jedi allies gain 20% Offense and 9% Critical Chance, and they recover 5% of their Max Health when scoring a Critical Hit.

NEW FINAL TEXT: Jedi allies gain 20% Max Health and Offense, and recover 10% of their Health when they score a critical hit.

UNIQUE: Vaapad (Formerly “Shatterpoint”)
OLD FINAL TEXT (ZETA): At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 45% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be Resisted. In addition, Mace gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.

FINAL TEXT (ZETA): Mace gains 30% Max Health. At the end of each turn, if another ally with Protection was damaged by an attack that turn, Mace gains 3 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 8) for the rest of the encounter if he has not gained Resilient Defense this way since his last turn. While Mace has Resilient Defense, he has +10% Offense per stack and 100% counter chance. Whenever Mace gains Taunt, he dispels it and gains 2 stacks of Resilient Defense.

Resilient Defense: Enemies will target this unit; lose one stack when damaged by an attack

NEW UNIQUE: Sense Weakness
FINAL TEXT (ZETA/OMICRON): Mace gains 30% Offense. At the start of Mace's turn, dispel Stealth on all enemies and a random enemy (excluding raid bosses and Galactic Legends) is inflicted with Speed Down for 1 turn and Shatterpoint, which can't be evaded or resisted. Shatterpoint is dispelled at the end of each ally's turn. When an ally damages an enemy with Shatterpoint, all allies recover 10% Protection, and all Galactic Republic Jedi allies gain Foresight for 1 turn.

Shatterpoint: Receiving damage dispels Shatterpoint and reduces Defense, Max Health, and Offense by 10% for the rest of the encounter; enemies can ignore Taunt to target this unit

While in Territory Wars: At the start of each other Light Side ally's turn, a random enemy (excluding Galactic Legends) is inflicted with Speed Down for 1 turn and Shatterpoint, which can't be evaded or resisted. When an ally damages an enemy with Shatterpoint, all allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Now we just need y’all to release his counter,
    zoxoompjmhkp.jpeg
    Darth Windowious
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , do you know if Resilient Defense can be Dispelled/Prevented? It doesn’t say anywhere.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    How does shatterpoint icon look like? Is it a debuff or neutral and can it be cleansed?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    The 7th sister looks like a direct counter
  • Now we just need CT-411 “Ponds” to go with him 🥺
  • I was expecting a new animation for his first ability… But I’m glad that we can finally get a real Mace Windu in this game!
  • I wish we would’ve gotten new animations/icons for his abilities. I know I’m being nit picky but seeing the “decapitation” animation for his new special just makes me want more. Ugh….
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Now we just need y’all to release his counter,
    zoxoompjmhkp.jpeg
    Darth Windowious

LOL
  • On his basic, it says "If Mace is above 50% Health, he gains 15% Turn Meter". I thought he gained 50% TM?
  • Sputnikaarvark
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    On his basic, it says "If Mace is above 50% Health, he gains 15% Turn Meter". I thought he gained 50% TM?

It’s been nerfed. Found it in beta testing which is heaps better than it being nerfed after a month of it being in game. Happy to see beta testing at work

50% tm sounds busted. GMY gains 40% on basic against people have >50% health. Imagine mace gaining 50% tm everytime he basics while he’s above 50% health. Would be crazy under jkr/jkl/jml leads
  • WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW That moment when CG reworks the most beloved character in my Roster, and STILL finds ways to troll me......Made Mace Great Again!!!!!

-RamBam001 (Cause I cant figure out how to change my forum name....)
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , do you know if Resilient Defense can be Dispelled/Prevented? It doesn’t say anywhere.

Per the designer: "It can be dispelled / prevented"
  • Can it be ignored like taunt?
  • TheFuture wrote: »
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW That moment when CG reworks the most beloved character in my Roster, and STILL finds ways to troll me......Made Mace Great Again!!!!!

-RamBam001 (Cause I cant figure out how to change my forum name....)

I feel they should of reduced to 30 percent. 15 is too low imo
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • The animation for S2 was the decapitation used on Jango in episode 2
  • in which order does the call to assist an TM swap work?
    If Windu calls Grandmaster Yoda to assist on a target that has shatterpoint and is above 50% health Yoda gains 40% TM and swaps his TM with Mace. But does Yoda gain the TM and then swaps it with Mace or does he swap with Mace and then gain an additional 40%?

Hopefully y'all can understand what I mean
  • nice
  • in which order does the call to assist an TM swap work?
    If Windu calls Grandmaster Yoda to assist on a target that has shatterpoint and is above 50% health Yoda gains 40% TM and swaps his TM with Mace. But does Yoda gain the TM and then swaps it with Mace or does he swap with Mace and then gain an additional 40%?

Hopefully y'all can understand what I mean

TM swap happens before assist call
  • Well 1 TW fight so far w/ the "New" Windu.
    Resilient Defense SUX, its removed far too quickly.
    Using him w/ JMK like I've been doing for a couple months now totally failed on a team I beat daily.

RD needs to be WAY more stacks when its gained from cleansing Taunt. Like 8.
    He doesn't function as a tank on the ONE team that I was able to make him semi useful on.

I had such high hopes but so far its a big let down.
  • Is the rework the reason I found a bunch of ability mats in my inbox today, because I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet... My maxed out Mace is back to level 1 on everything, and all those mats are just gone... Can the refunds please be explained (does everyone just get back exactly what each put in as an individual, or how is it figured)? Thank you
  • enltguy wrote: »
    Is the rework the reason I found a bunch of ability mats in my inbox today, because I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet... My maxed out Mace is back to level 1 on everything, and all those mats are just gone... Can the refunds please be explained (does everyone just get back exactly what each put in as an individual, or how is it figured)? Thank you

yes
    hello
    Using him w/ JMK like I've been doing for a couple months now totally failed on a team I beat daily.

He doesn't function as a tank on the ONE team that I was able to make him semi useful on.

I don’t think he’s supposed to go with JMK. More like the team that turns into QGJ for GAC.
    I don’t think he’s supposed to go with JMK. More like the team that turns into QGJ for GAC.

So remove him from a place where I can use him in ANY event to use him on one that doesn't need him & is only useful for ONE event.

This is hardly a ringing endorsement for a good rework.
  • the one event that is the most important one
    hello

So remove him from a place where I can use him in ANY event to use him on one that doesn't need him & is only useful for ONE event.

This is hardly a ringing endorsement for a good rework.

Or hardly a ringing endorsement for your roster.

He’s good for if you need another tank for Padme, or JKR, or QGJ, where previously all he was useful for was using JMK’s lead to Taunt and then take CAT’s oneshot so you could use GK elsewhere. If you need that for your team, build up Plo or Guardian.
    build up Plo or Guardian.
    Why would I want to invest Gear & Relics into a character when I had one that was already Relic'd & was doing the Job just fine previously.

So we finally get a rework of Mace, but you want to be able to use him in the exact same way as before the rework? So you want him reverted?

I don't. I haven't figured out exactly where he fits yet, but my g11 Plo Koon has been filling the JMK mirror tank spot just fine. You only need a gal rep tank that can survive an assist from ahsoka.