Prev1
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
9wacdvfl5nv3.jpg

UNIT NAME: Eighth Brother
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Empire, Inquisitorius, Unaligned Force User
A stealthy member of the Inquisitorious with an arsenal of tricks and weapons to surprise his opponent.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Whirling Strike
h8dxdehjzuye.gif

NEW FINAL TEXT: If Eighth Brother did not have Stealth this turn, he gains Stealth for 3 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy and, if the target is a Jedi, inflict 1 stack of Purge (max: 6) until the end of the encounter, which can't be copied or resisted.

SPECIAL 1: Photon Grenades (Cooldown 3)
ncyi7qdalcl0.gif

NEW FINAL TEXT: If Eighth Brother did not have Stealth this turn, he gains Stealth for 3 turns. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Accuracy Down and Burning for 2 turns. Jedi enemies damaged by this ability are instead are inflicted with Blind and Burning for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. This ability deals double damage to enemies who have any stacks of Purge.

SPECIAL 2: Bladed Hilt (Cooldown 5)
bk2d371vdr87.gif

FINAL TEXT (ZETA): If Eighth Brother did not have Stealth this turn, he gains Stealth for 3 turns. Deal Physical damage and consume up to 5 stacks of Purge. For each stack of Purge consumed this way after the first, deal Physical damage again.
  • 1+ stack consumed: Inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns
  • 2+ stacks consumed: Inflict Speed Down for 2 turns
  • 3+ stacks consumed: Inflict Ability Block for 1 turn
  • 4+ stacks consumed: Inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns
  • 5 stacks consumed: Inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle

These debuffs cannot be resisted by Jedi enemies.

LEADER: More Than Enough

NEW FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Empire allies have +5% Accuracy and +5% Potency. Inquisitorius allies have an additional +30% Accuracy and +30% Potency. Jedi enemies that gain Foresight from Jedi Unique abilities also gain Blind for 2 turns which can't be evaded or resisted. Whenever other Inquisitorius allies use a Basic ability, they have a 30% chance to inflict a stack of Purge (max 6) until the end of the encounter, which can't be copied, evaded, or resisted.

While in Territory Wars: When Jedi Enemies gain Taunt from Jedi Unique abilities, all enemies take damage equal to 20% of their max Health. This damage cannot defeat enemies. Jedi Enemies that receive Critical Hit Immunity from Jedi Unique Abilities dispel Critical Hit Immunity and instead are inflicted with Vulnerable for 1 turn, which can't be resisted.

UNIQUE: Hunting a Shadow
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Eighth Brother gains Stealth for 3 turns. Whenever Eighth Brother gains Stealth, he recovers 20% Health and 20% Protection.

Whenever Eighth Brother uses any of his abilities during his turn, if he had Stealth at the beginning of the turn, he loses Stealth and gains Accuracy Up and Potency Up for 2 turns. If that ability was Whirling Strike or Photon Grenades, he inflicts 1 stack of Purge (max 6) on any enemy damaged by that ability.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• first!
    RyanFitz
  • Yes! My favorite Inquisitor is here!
  • Goodbye There
  • he's the coolest looking one so i'm glad to have him
  • Mbaren
    82 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI, the text for his lead includes a "While in Territory Wars" section, which I'm assuming is supposed to be an omicron, but that indicator is missing. Also, I'm guessing there's probably a missing mention of his zeta that should be in his lead too.
  • This JMK Tw counter is coming together nicely.
    8th bro completely negates GK alone. Throw in a couple of good toons and we may not even need the Grand Inquisitor any more.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    This JMK Tw counter is coming together nicely.
    8th bro completely negates GK alone. Throw in a couple of good toons and we may not even need the Grand Inquisitor any more.

Only negates GK as part of his lead
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI , please give whoever made these animations a thanks from me. They look fantastic!
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Also really only negates GK on other squads. It only does the taunt damage from uniques, not JMK's leadership. Dispelling crit immunity and vulnerable also won't matter if JMK allies have protection up.

However, this looks on paper like it would destroy Padme squads with GK.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI , please give whoever made these animations a thanks from me. They look fantastic!
    I totally agree. I wished Lord Vader's animations was at least that level (He is a GL right?)

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Mbaren wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI, the text for his lead includes a "While in Territory Wars" section, which I'm assuming is supposed to be an omicron, but that indicator is missing. Also, I'm guessing there's probably a missing mention of his zeta that should be in his lead too.

Added those in. The Zeta was in there after FINAL TEXT but the Omicron call out was missing. Thanks for the catch
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Also really only negates GK on other squads. It only does the taunt damage from uniques, not JMK's leadership. Dispelling crit immunity and vulnerable also won't matter if JMK allies have protection up.

However, this looks on paper like it would destroy Padme squads with GK.

Vulnerable also doesn’t matter if Padme allies have Protection Up… but yeah, that 20% damage will add up fast.

If Grand activates all Inquisitor Leads I can see how he’d rip apart JMK.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Helicopter animations let’s go
  • The king of fidged spinners himself. We are unworthy to be in his godly presence.
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »

You're right, that's probably the direction these kits are going. Most of these leader abilities are a bit underwhelming, but combined you can see how they would add up.

• Ouch those anims...
  • Zumwan wrote: »

You're right, that's probably the direction these kits are going. Most of these leader abilities are a bit underwhelming, but combined you can see how they would add up.

And it's cost-worthy, unlike some LV counters. It costs 100 omicrons most likely.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Zumwan wrote: »

And it's cost-worthy, unlike some LV counters. It costs 100 omicrons most likely.

Well, LV also has some marquee-only counters, some of which accelerated, so that's even more efficient.
  • Wow Rogue Subtlety
  • Eighth Brothers looks really cool. His lead looks like a lot of fun, but the vulnerable train he creates can be exploited by zBarris.
  • They finally did the thing!!! Helicopter woooooo
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Finally we have helicopter animations! Been waiting for this for a long time.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Eighth Brother looks interesting. I assume at this point, the fifth inquisitor will probably be Fifth Brother.
  • Are you guys going to start pausing the game timer during extended attack animations? LV already times out bad enough
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    Are you guys going to start pausing the game timer during extended attack animations? LV already times out bad enough

I second this. Alot of the newer characters use their animations in like 1x speed even when it's on 4x which drains the clock. I've lost battles I would have won if Iden didn't take forever using her moves.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Zumwan wrote: »

Well, LV also has some marquee-only counters, some of which accelerated, so that's even more efficient.

I mean it’s a more appropriate cost
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • on his unique, does he lose stealth at the start when he uses an ability and then gain stealth through some of the abilitys, which will make it look like he never lost stealth. or will he just lose stealth and be completely open till the next turn. if it's the second, it will be like an one turn stealth unless he is stuned
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    5th Inquizzy kit next week? 👀
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    ppbc5b1h7jdr.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    ppbc5b1h7jdr.png

Where is this from and why doesn’t it have its own reveal?