Omicron Ability Update: T3-M4

CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
Today's Update adds an Omicron ability tier to T3-M4’s kit!

T3-M4's new Omicron tier added to their Master Gearhead Unique ability elevates the Droid faction by providing healing and Target Lock support in Territory Wars.

CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: T3-M4
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Droid, Old Republic, Support
Offensive Droid who supports a Droid team with extra stats and debuffs the enemy team

UNIQUE: Master Gearhead

OLD FINAL TEXT: T3-M4 has +100% Defense Penetration and Droid allies gain 100% of T3-M4's Defense Penetration. Additionally, each time T3-M4 starts his turn he has a 75% chance to inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on a random enemy who does not already have it. This Target Lock can't be Evaded.

NEW FINAL TEXT: T3-M4 has +100% Defense Penetration, and Droid allies gain 100% of T3-M4's Defense Penetration. Additionally, each time T3-M4 starts his turn, he has a 75% chance to inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on a random enemy who does not already have it. This Target Lock can't be evaded.

While in Territory Wars: At the start of the encounter, T3-M4 gains Stealth for 2 turns, and Droid allies gain 15 Armor Penetration and 30% Max Health. Droid allies have +20% Defense for each Target Locked enemy, +20% Defense while debuffed, and +20% Defense while buffed. At the start of T3-M4's turn, inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on a random enemy who does not already have it, which can't be evaded. Then, all allies recover 5% Health and Protection for each Target Locked enemy.

Replies

• GG nuke coming back ?
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Nice! Another tw omicron, for which I don't have to care about.
  • Prot and health recovery as well as massive defense makes this a lot of fun for theorycrafting a fun defense team in TW....

Until you realize it gets countered by one of the other guilds 200+ GLs and then you just feel sad it's a TW omi.
  • Canadafett wrote: »
    Prot and health recovery as well as massive defense makes this a lot of fun for theorycrafting a fun defense team in TW....

Until you realize it gets countered by one of the other guilds 200+ GLs and then you just feel sad it's a TW omi.

If someone is using a gl vs gg I take that as an omicron well spent
  • The Droid faction is my favorite faction, so I really like this, though it does make me wish more Droids outside of the Separatist Droids utilized Target Lock. Apart from T3 and the Separatist Droids, the only other Droid characters that can inflict Target Lock are Imperial Probe Droid and IG-88.
  • I can inmaging a wall of GG + omiT3M4
  • I don’t get it. Is the +30% Max Health that good?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I don’t get it. Is the +30% Max Health that good?

Grevious’s damage is based on health, so it should boost his damage.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    This should be interesting with GG & Droids.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • wonder if defense modding magna and B2 are gonna be the strat with this omi???
  • 15 flat armor penetration lol. That is so weak it might as well just not even be there. If anything, make it 15%.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    15 flat armor penetration lol. That is so weak it might as well just not even be there. If anything, make it 15%.

I'm surprised they didn't alrdy come out and say it was supposed to be 5 and not 15.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    15 flat armor penetration lol. That is so weak it might as well just not even be there. If anything, make it 15%.

I'm surprised they didn't alrdy come out and say it was supposed to be 5 and not 15.

They like to wait and see what the in game description says first, then pick the one they like.
  • Nothing new in game with the new update?. Come on man. Getting old now
  • ARKUS1121 wrote: »
    Nothing new in game with the new update?. Come on man. Getting old now

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of new bugs.
  • ARKUS1121 wrote: »
    Nothing new in game with the new update?. Come on man. Getting old now

maintenance
    hello
  • I’ve always been a droid fan so i might invest in this
  • You know, looking at this again, I’m not sure I like the way it looks. To me this is clearly meant to be used with Grievous since that team is full of droids that can inflict target lock, but I find that in and of itself to be a problem, because most of the teams used against grievous, or that “grievous nuke teams” are often used against from my experience, are teams that have some form of heavy percent max health damage, which bypasses defense.

On top of that, is the fact that T3 is a light side droid, so even with the little bit of healing, grievous will still tear him to shreds with his unique ability relatively quickly enough for an enemy to either target T3 once the stealth is gone, and magnaguard is either defeated or prevented from taunting, or use an area or effect attack to take him out and completely nullify the omicron ability’s effects.