Meet CG_Tusken_Meathead - Get to know me

Prev134567
CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 2022
Hello Heroes of the Holotable! (Am I doing this right?)

For those of you who are not aware, I will be the temporary Community Manager while Crumb is out on Paternity leave and the team looks to backfill Doja.

If you're seeing this without seeing the original post, this is probably a weird post, but if you've seen this after the original post, then you know it's time to ask me questions.

So if you feel like it, go for it.

Cookies and coffee are on the back table.

Replies

• Hello there!
  • Purge Trooper when?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Hello there!

giphy.gif

• AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Hello! Will you be sticking around permanently, is this just a job you’ll do for a couple months and never again when they find a replacement for Doja/Crumb comes back, or will you show up for a few months, leave, show up for a bit, leave, etc.?
    Edit: Will you be talking to content creators anytime soon? And if so, who?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Purge Trooper when?

Great question! I'll pretend this is the first time your suggesting it and pass it along to the team.
  • why did you quit swgoh? and would/will you come back?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Wow an actual cat for a community manager
  • welcome
    hello
  • If the cat isn't the new community manager then I protest this change.
  • Is this like getting elected President and you get to see all the files with the hidden stuff like if aliens exist? If so when is the nihilus cap ship coming :)
  • Welcome and sorry for all of the flack you are going to get during your stay. 1st question can you get the additional fleet requirement for GAC postponed until the end of year so the devs have time to add more ships.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Hello! Will you be sticking around permanently, is this just a job you’ll do for a couple months and never again when they find a replacement for Doja/Crumb comes back, or will you show up for a few months, leave, show up for a bit, leave, etc.?

I will be sticking around as long as they need me while Crumb is away and they find a replacement for Doja.

Happy to drop by like a cool Uncle every now and then. Someone's gotta keep Crumb in line.
  • Hello there!

Glad to see you on the forums and sorry that you got set up with a dumpster fire caused by the permanent dev team with their changes and lack of testing.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member

I will be sticking around as long as they need me while Crumb is away and they find a replacement for Doja.

Happy to drop by like a cool Uncle every now and then. Someone's gotta keep Crumb in line.

Your happy now, it’s day one. Wait till you have had a few days.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    why did you quit swgoh? and would/will you come back?

Started working on my current game and needed to dive deep into that.

Also, TB Hero destroyed me...emotionally.
  • Hello there. I’ll ask a fun question, my favorite faction in the game is the Droid faction, what is yours, and is Tuskens?
  • Welcome Meathead!

Good to see you and I hope you enjoy your stay! 😀👍

MTFBWY
  • whats the over/under on how long this one last?
  • Hello my friend, stay awhile and listen.
  • Welcome aboard!

I wish you the best. We are a "hungry for more" community but as long as we are fed with info, we would be happy. Comunication is the key to survive in this jungle :P
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow an actual cat for a community manager

She's a cool cat, loves to sleep, which is great and wont stop eating.

She's got into this awesome habit of waking me up at 6am, super pumped about that.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Aracnan wrote: »
    If the cat isn't the new community manager then I protest this change.

To be honest, she definitely runs the show.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Is this like getting elected President and you get to see all the files with the hidden stuff like if aliens exist? If so when is the nihilus cap ship coming :)

Yes, I have been provided access to the secret bunkers.

• Cal Kestis when? ;)
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Welcome and sorry for all of the flack you are going to get during your stay. 1st question can you get the additional fleet requirement for GAC postponed until the end of year so the devs have time to add more ships.

Thank you! Happy to be here.

I live by a rule:

It's okay to be upset
    It's not okay to be mean

I want folks to feel like they can express themselves in a constructive manner and feel heard.

Personally for me, it also helps when folks use this format when discussing things they like or don't like

"I like/dont like X thing, because of Y"

And if you do a Dont like, adding "...it would be great if it was something like Z, I think that would make this this and this happen"

As to your second point, I'm still getting brought up to speed on all things GoH
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hello there!

Glad to see you on the forums and sorry that you got set up with a dumpster fire caused by the permanent dev team with their changes and lack of testing.

Happy to be here!

If you wouldn't mind, as this will help me

Give me 3 things you like, dislike and would suggest to me, about SWGoH
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Damodamo wrote: »

Your happy now, it’s day one. Wait till you have had a few days.

haha I've been in community management for nearly 10 years now, I've probably had things done to me on a personal IRL level that most of you would hopefully object to as a means to expressing yourselves haha

It's all about having civil conversations, most things can work themselves out if we just talk. Hope to find myself some talkers here, because I'm a big fan of talking haha
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member

Welcome and don’t let the locals scare you. The forums here are in many ways like Mos Eisly.