Meet CG_Tusken_Meathead - Get to know me

Replies

• Which Fallout perks/titles could you use to describe you ?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    DCNR wrote: »
    Welcome, and thank you for helping out the community :smile:

Hope you're ready to battle some EA sith overlords when you communicate feedback from the community - the dark side is strong with this game...

It's all about that happy balance right?

I know most anger is rooted in passion for the game to succeed, so I welcome constructive criticism.

I'd rather sit down at a table and eat food and discuss things with folks, don't really have the lung capacity to battle these days haha
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Hello there. I’ll ask a fun question, my favorite faction in the game is the Droid faction, what is yours, and is Tuskens?

Honestly I'll have to go back into the game and revisit all the tags, its been a minute since I played.

I always enjoyed using the Clone team even though at the time they weren't great, but they just looked cool together.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    Welcome Meathead!

Good to see you and I hope you enjoy your stay! 😀👍

MTFBWY

Thank you! Happy to be here!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    whats the over/under on how long this one last?

haha well seeing as how it's a temporary thing, there is an end date haha :wink: Does that mean I get to place a wager on this bet as well. I love a good over/under.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Hello my friend, stay awhile and listen.

Deckard Cain is that you?
  • Hello Meathead, thanks for taking on the role of community manager!

I am curious to hear how you are going to divide your time between galaxy of heroes and Disney Sorcerers.
    I can imagine it will be a lot on your plate for the first few days :smile:
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    Welcome Meathead!

MTFBWY

You say you like coffee and food what’s your favourites?

Mines a Latte and any kind of pizza 🍕 🤤
  • What’s your favorite star wars movie?
  • Welcome to the meat grinder! 😂

Happy to have you here. I hope your stay is a good one!

I have a bad habit of drinking my morning coffee while I'm reading the forums - but I recommend giving your coffee a head start before logging in 😁
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Welcome aboard!

If you could choose any character to add to the game who would it be? Could be a brand new character or a different version of one already in the game
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    meathead, are you still the CM of DSA too? Or do you have someone replacing you on that front?

Managing two communities can be difficult, and taxing
  • Hopefully this brings you up to speed.

Lord Vader needs 501st Legion
    Ship Loadouts well overdue
    Kyber 1 should be the only division with 3 fleets on D
    We're still stuck on the Gear Change part 1 of like 5
    Contraband Cargo event doesn't reward shards on the last tier
    Simmable HSith raid
    Area to test teams, especially now that Omicrons exist. We need to rely on streamers before making good decisions. When it's good enough we can apply them right away theres a good chance they get nerfed without refunds.
    And possibly the most important thing... We're still only getting 3 Clone Wars Chewy shards. He's accelerated, it should be 6 and it's a disgusting we're still getting jipped on him.

A few of my own recommendations...
    Mods should be handled differently. Instead of a max of 500 unused mods (this prevents moving mods while full), there should be a max total mods of 500 + (6*characters available).
    Add ship mods, and I'll die in that hill....

Thank you and good luck.

PS, awesome cat.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Stokat wrote: »
    Welcome and don’t let the locals scare you. The forums here are in many ways like Mos Eisly.

hahaha I've seen worse :)

Happy to be here!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Which Fallout perks/titles could you use to describe you ?

Strong Back
    Smooth Talker
    Pack Rat
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    What’s your favorite star wars movie?

69eawi97wuuo.jpeg
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Hello Meathead, thanks for taking on the role of community manager!

I am curious to hear how you are going to divide your time between galaxy of heroes and Disney Sorcerers.
    I can imagine it will be a lot on your plate for the first few days :smile:

Like a circus performer, eloquently and chaotically
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Welcome Meathead!

MTFBWY

You say you like coffee and food what’s your favourites?

Mines a Latte and any kind of pizza 🍕 🤤

Cold Black coffee, always
    Can't go wrong with pizza

but you throw Ramen, sushi, Indian food...almost anything.

Not big on ham, but I love bacon. Almost too much.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    What’s your favorite star wars movie?

This is a tough one, but I'm gonna be weird and say Rogue One, I found the story very interesting and think they portrayed the "Galactic War" very well compared to other films.

To be honest, I enjoy all of them, but figured I'd call this one out specifically for the point listed.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Welcome to the meat grinder! 😂

Happy to have you here. I hope your stay is a good one!

I have a bad habit of drinking my morning coffee while I'm reading the forums - but I recommend giving your coffee a head start before logging in 😁

I don't get my coffee until lunch, so prepare yourself :D haha
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Ultra wrote: »
    meathead, are you still the CM of DSA too? Or do you have someone replacing you on that front?

Managing two communities can be difficult, and taxing

Indeed I am, I will be splitting my duties to help out the CG team.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    SpyderCel wrote: »
    Hopefully this brings you up to speed.

Lord Vader needs 501st Legion
    Ship Loadouts well overdue
    Kyber 1 should be the only division with 3 fleets on D
    We're still stuck on the Gear Change part 1 of like 5
    Contraband Cargo event doesn't reward shards on the last tier
    Simmable HSith raid
    Area to test teams, especially now that Omicrons exist. We need to rely on streamers before making good decisions. When it's good enough we can apply them right away theres a good chance they get nerfed without refunds.
    And possibly the most important thing... We're still only getting 3 Clone Wars Chewy shards. He's accelerated, it should be 6 and it's a disgusting we're still getting jipped on him.

A few of my own recommendations...
    Mods should be handled differently. Instead of a max of 500 unused mods (this prevents moving mods while full), there should be a max total mods of 500 + (6*characters available).
    Add ship mods, and I'll die in that hill....

Thank you and good luck.

PS, awesome cat.

Thanks for the list!

How about any recommendations for me, Arena Padme team was my last team.

And she's alright, when she's fed, when she's hungry she's a bit of a menace. haha
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Is this like getting elected President and you get to see all the files with the hidden stuff like if aliens exist? If so when is the nihilus cap ship coming :)
    Is this like getting elected President and you get to see all the files with the hidden stuff like if aliens exist? If so when is the nihilus cap ship coming :)

Yes, I have been provided access to the secret bunkers.

Since the cat is new, I will help him out here.

The correct answer is, "Next week with Beskar Mando release."
  • Welcome!!! Looking forward to have you on the team. Often times, we as a community don't feel we get enough interaction with Capital Games and it was good to see the team set you up to succeed by letting us know what's going on with everything. Thanks for jumping right in and being up front about everything!

Here are a few things I'm hoping to get feedback on using your beautiful format :smile:

I like GAC because it provides much better interaction than the squad arena ever did on a day to day basis. I think it was a fantastic idea that CG tied it to the crystal income.
    I don't like that GAC and TW have the exact same region format every single set. I think it would be great if we could mix up the geometry and provide some different zone formats. (i.e. 3 front zones, 2 middle zones, 1 back zone for GAC. Something like that.). TW is especially stagnant.
    I don't like that mods have a difficult interface to upgrade and search for specific mods one at a time. It would be great if we could bulk upgrade mods for example.
    I don't like that mods inventory has a cap of 500. With so many new characters since the mod cap of 500, this no longer makes sense. Ideally it would be much more (or even no cap at all).

If I could pick one area of the game that needs some healthy review by CG, I would pick mods as the tools at hand are not what the players need. Perhaps CG could interview some content developers and receive feedback from the community on what ideas they have on how to upgrade the current process? That would be some great interaction between CG and the community!
  • Tell Crumb we need a puzzle before he bounces off into fatherhood. New baby = no time for making puzzles.
  • Welcome!!! Looking forward to have you on the team. Often times, we as a community don't feel we get enough interaction with Capital Games and it was good to see the team set you up to succeed by letting us know what's going on with everything. Thanks for jumping right in and being up front about everything!

Here are a few things I'm hoping to get feedback on using your beautiful format :smile:

I like GAC because it provides much better interaction than the squad arena ever did on a day to day basis. I think it was a fantastic idea that CG tied it to the crystal income.
    I don't like that GAC and TW have the exact same region format every single set. I think it would be great if we could mix up the geometry and provide some different zone formats. (i.e. 3 front zones, 2 middle zones, 1 back zone for GAC. Something like that.). TW is especially stagnant.
    I don't like that mods have a difficult interface to upgrade and search for specific mods one at a time. It would be great if we could bulk upgrade mods for example.
    I don't like that mods inventory has a cap of 500. With so many new characters since the mod cap of 500, this no longer makes sense. Ideally it would be much more (or even no cap at all).

If I could pick one area of the game that needs some healthy review by CG, I would pick mods as the tools at hand are not what the players need. Perhaps CG could interview some content developers and receive feedback from the community on what ideas they have on how to upgrade the current process? That would be some great interaction between CG and the community!

The mod space available needs to be doubled AT LEAST we run out WAY to quickly nowadays
  • Welcome, Meathead!

You have too much to read, so I'll try to keep it short.

I'm super happy to have you here.

Please talk regularly with the community.
    Even if you don't have updates on stuff. That's what we've been missing the most in the past years.

I like the fleet nr increase in GAC that's incoming, because it allows us to use more of our roster. I collected ships so that I can use them, not just the top 4!

There is a major issue with Malevolence and specifically the player summoned Vulture droid's replacement. It should be assisting 70% of the time, but in practice its 0%. This started with last patch, anf rendered this fleet completely unusable since. Furiously, CG never acknowledged the bug despite filing lots of bug reports including videos. Please have this highlighted to the Dev team, just to know that it will be looked at at some point.

Thank you!
  • Welcome! I know you from DSA as well and glad to have you here (at least temporarily).
  • Hi. Welcome and good luck.
    I don't like: They don't adequately test their game, and are constantly having to adjust (read nerf) almost everything they've released in the past year after its been released.
    They refuse to comment on important issues like lowered drop rates.

I like: engaging with my friends in my clan. I like that this game is star wars related (probably the only two reasons I still play)

Realistically: there's not much they'll let you say or do, so I don't have too high a hope you'll be able to really make a change around here. I do wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time here.

I would like to see: actual communication about topics the community has been begging for.
    But again, realistic: if you do communicate in a place outside this forum (ie discord, influencer ytubers, etc) can you please place a transcript here, in the official forums.
    Welcome again, and good luck.
  • Welcome!