Starwars.com "You're invited to Han and Leia's Wedding!"

This Valentine’s Day, StarWars.com is thrilled to reveal Star Wars: The Princess and the Scoundrel, a new novel from author Beth Revis arriving this summer. Set just after the events of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, the story begins on the forest moon of Endor, where Han proposes in the elation of the rebel victory against the Empire. After a ceremony at the site of the victory celebration at the end of the film, the newlyweds depart for a honeymoon aboard the Halcyon starcruiser, the luxury vessel at the heart of the new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience at Disney World Resort. In their most desperate hour, with the war still raging but the Empire nearing its last gasp, the couple must outwit the Imperial remnants clinging to power.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-princess-and-the-scoundrel

Replies

• chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    San Jose Civil Weddings performs a simple civil ceremony and includes special readings and vows at your request. We offer civil ceremonies in English and Spanish or both. We are non-denominational ordained ministers and will always respect your beliefs. We are authorized by the Santa Clara County in California to acquire a confidential marriage license for your convenience and can perform the ceremony in our small garden, or your preferred location.

How much will it cost for the travel time to another galaxy?
    Post edited by chpMINIsolo_77 on
  • Vernal
    39 posts Member
    Han and Leia were already married in 1994 in the novel The Courtship of Princess Leia.
    I know this is a tie in to the Uber expensive Star Wars motel in Disney World, but come on can’t the newer writers for the Star Wars universe come up with any new ideas?
    Or do they just rely on poaching and cherry picking themes they like from already established stories.
    Name in game is Gernak ally code is 977-346-924
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Vernal wrote: »
    Han and Leia were already married in 1994 in the novel The Courtship of Princess Leia.
    I know this is a tie in to the Uber expensive Star Wars motel in Disney World, but come on can’t the newer writers for the Star Wars universe come up with any new ideas?
    Or do they just rely on poaching and cherry picking themes they like from already established stories.

I’m pretty sure the individual writers have very little say in what they get to publish for Star Wars under the House of Mouse.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I’m pretty sure the individual writers have very little say in what they get to publish for Star Wars under the House of Mouse.

Aren't most books Legends, and outside Disney control?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

Aren't most books Legends, and outside Disney control?

All current books are Disney. All I know is that there is a big Legends label on the Legends books that are still produced, but I don’t think Disney can touch the actual stories.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    I cannot wait to read about when they take Ben to Galaxys Edge