Kit Reveal: Mace Windu Rework and Omicron

2Next

Replies

• So you want him reverted?
    Did I say that?

I said they just negated the ONE good use I'd found for Mace Windu.
    It also happens to be a GOOD use for letting my GK go play in Padme or QGJ groups where I need REAL tank that isn't going to be gifted with a ton of healing & invulnerability.

There are uses besides Mirror/CAT matches btw where the tank staying alive longer than 1 round is useful.

Is it REALLY so much to ask that he not LOSE the ONE useful thing he could do when getting the rework?

Looks up, the complaint was that Resilient Defense SUX, and so far, I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that.
  • I’m not much of a fan of Resilient Defense either. It should be Undispellable, that would at least make it more situational than Taunt instead of just plain worse. But if you need someone to be a stand-still tank for JMK, there are other options. Plo’s even got a ship.

I am trying to think of a rework that fundamentally changed a character’s identity… only ones I can really think of are Nute and Dooku being pulled firmly into Seps instead of being largely for obscure TM builds and for Sith/plug-and-play. Or maybe Traya pulling Sion/Nihilus away from EP.

But we’re still trying to find where Mace goes. My gut’s with QGJ, at least in GAC, while GK goes with JMK/Padme if JMK gets Plo or something.
  • Going to try him with starkiller.
  • I find him a detriment to GMK, CAT, GK, GAS squad. I’ll keep Asoka. He can sit in Padme as a second tier group. Count me underwhelmed.
  • I think Resilient Defense is a GREAT concept for the record.

I just don't like the part where you can't have a full Taunt at the same time.

OR, as I said way up top, it needs to be FAR more than a couple stacks of it when it dispels a Taunt.

Like, 8+ or so. You need to be able to take a FULL TURN of fire (or 2 if it was a 2 turn taunt) from an enemy team just like Taunt would let you do.

That means HOLDING AGRO through 5 full enemy character turns.
    And I assume somewhere in there are some double attacks, assists, or even a full group attack, etc etc.
    So even 5 stacks isn't enough.
    I think 8-12 stacks is far more realistic in measuring how long the "Taunt" should be in effect for.

Its sad to me that of all the GR/Jedi out there, you have ONE that can actually cast a TAUNT.
    Now they just took away the ability of Kenobi to force one of the few another tanks do it.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    I think Resilient Defense is a GREAT concept for the record.

OR, as I said way up top, it needs to be FAR more than a couple stacks of it when it dispels a Taunt.

Like, 8+ or so. You need to be able to take a FULL TURN of fire (or 2 if it was a 2 turn taunt) from an enemy team just like Taunt would let you do.

And I assume somewhere in there are some double attacks, assists, or even a full group attack, etc etc.
    I think 8-12 stacks is far more realistic in measuring how long the "Taunt" should be in effect for.

Its sad to me that of all the GR/Jedi out there, you have ONE that can actually cast a TAUNT.
    Now they just took away the ability of Kenobi to force one of the few another tanks do it.

Agreed. I like concept of him being the defacto tank. I never leveled out Juhani’s taunt power and it lasts four turns if the other team can’t dispell it.

The only problem with this idea is Mace is a basic character, has 3 zetas and an omicron. That’s tough to make as powerful as you want without some kind of prerequisite, like relics 3 of all the other basic GR Jedi

Edit: maybe R9 or 10 a bonus power of how you described could be justified
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on

I love the concept, but just like a few concepts (like Dooku’s Riposte) it looked a lot better on paper. Because right now RD’s flat out worse then Taunt, unless for some reason the indefinite duration is more valuable than the remove-on-damage is hurtful.

That being said, I’d love to see it show up in different kits. Imagine a character that gained an RD stack whenever another ally took damage.

I’ve liked resilient defense in a dueling tank team, I’ve found Mace very useful on my JKR team along with GK, mace isn’t the tankiest tank, and resilient defense allows him to take a couple of hits, then pass the burden to GK, who takes a few hits and passes the protection role back to Mace, all the while I have the time I need to heal up. If he just straight taunted he would probably take more damage than my healing could keep up with
  • I’ve liked resilient defense in a dueling tank team, I’ve found Mace very useful on my JKR team along with GK, mace isn’t the tankiest tank, and resilient defense allows him to take a couple of hits, then pass the burden to GK, who takes a few hits and passes the protection role back to Mace, all the while I have the time I need to heal up. If he just straight taunted he would probably take more damage than my healing could keep up with

I hear what your saying.

In my case I'm looking at fielding 4 teams of GalRep characters & there aren't enough taunting tanks to go around.

GAS
    QGJ
    JMK
    Padme

As I mentioned above, having him be able to be invulnerable while taunting under JMK was really nice since he isn't as tanky as GK.

• Dunfalach
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    I’ve liked resilient defense in a dueling tank team, I’ve found Mace very useful on my JKR team along with GK, mace isn’t the tankiest tank, and resilient defense allows him to take a couple of hits, then pass the burden to GK, who takes a few hits and passes the protection role back to Mace, all the while I have the time I need to heal up. If he just straight taunted he would probably take more damage than my healing could keep up with

I hear what your saying.

In my case I'm looking at fielding 4 teams of GalRep characters & there aren't enough taunting tanks to go around.

GAS
    QGJ
    JMK
    Padme

As I mentioned above, having him be able to be invulnerable while taunting under JMK was really nice since he isn't as tanky as GK.

As someone who doesn't have either Jedi Master GL yet, I think he offers the most benefit for mid-level players. I don't have QGJ ready for prime time yet, and just unlocked Jedi Knight Luke, so my equation goes like:

GAS
    JKL
    JKR
    Padme

With Hoda shifting over to Jedi Knight Luke, I'm finding my G12 Mace is slotting decently into Jedi Knight Revan's team where Resilient Defense seems to fit well in my first few battles so far. It focuses more as a distraction to keep the enemy from focusing GMY or Jolee as much so you have a chance to get back around to using one of the various heals and buffs the rest of the team offers before damage stacks up on your key team members too fast. I need to gear him up more to see if he really has staying power over time, but it feels helpful given that team relies on keeping GMY alive and passing heals and buffs around frequently.

I'm less certain how it will slot in once the Jedi Master GLs get in the mix and start breaking up my teams again.
  • For this Party’s Over what if the ally is both Galactic Republic and Jedi? Does Mace and the ally get both benefits or which faction gets precedence?
  • For this Party’s Over what if the ally is both Galactic Republic and Jedi? Does Mace and the ally get both benefits or which faction gets precedence?

It will trigger both effects