UI: Prioritize Guild Event Buttons on Home

Removing the TW button from home really affected our guild's turnout in TW this time around. We typically have 48-50 signups. That's our average since I joined the guild months ago. Today? With the TW button hidden in favor really low priority events like Omega Battles, we had 43 signups. Many people messaged us saying theyndidnt even realize TW was happening because the buttons were hidden. These are in the in-game chat as well if you need to verify.

This is a terrible UI experince. As is, from the home screen, you have to scroll to the left, then it takes 4 clicks to get into your TW main screen. That's a lot of clicks. Compare that to events like Omega Battles which require almost no scrolling and then just two clicks to be in. This is another reason why the TW button on the home screen is so important.

Some possible solutions are to assign priority ratings to all home screen buttons, and assign guild events (like TW and TB) and GAC a higher sorting priority than individual events like Omega Battles.

Another solution is to create a new guild event button that lives next to the raid button on the bottom, next tomthe chat button. This placement makes sense because we already associate that part of the screen with guild actions (raids and guild chat). So adding one more button down there for guild events when they're happening just makes sense.

Lastly, the event of extra character drops could just be a message in the Inbox, so as not to take up valuable button space. Or it's a button that disappears once you acknowledge it, like a pop-up.

Right now, you're pushing TW to be the place for guilds. This is the only place to get r9 mats currently. There's no reason this gameplay mode should be obfuscated like it is, to the point where it's affecting sign ups so significantly.

lzhsq1qru9zu.jpg

nwb9zj38ze8m.jpg

Replies

• Also, give us the option to get rid of the Hyperdrive bundle thing. It's been two years and I haven't bought it yet, nor will I ever buy it. Please get rid of it. Now.
  • Agreed - find a way to make these events visible from the home screen. I realize the goal is to sell as much crap as possible, but you can be smarter about it. Consolidate everything to buttons on the right side like you did the left. "Offers" "Guild Events" etc and use a number to show how many new events or items there are. Sure, I know to go to the Guilds button and look there, but as mentioned, I have also heard that many missed TW because they didn't see the join button there - it was replaced with a Conquest pass or something else. These offers should not be highlighted over ongoing events.
  • I totally agree with these comments, and it's unfortunate to see that this issue was raised in December but nothing's been done to help with this.
    Every single Territory War, players in our Guild miss out on signing up because they don't see the link anywhere. We try to reach people in different ways, but the link right on the page is the most visible notification that there's a Territory War coming up, and the quickest way for people to access it.
    I missed only my second TW ever this time around, despite seeing a reminder in our gold banner and literally looking for the link to join. I somehow didn't see it anywhere, assumed the reminder was posted ahead of time, and missed the sign up.
    This is absolutely having an effect on our Guild because, when enough people don't sign up, we don't reach 300M GP and we don't have access to R9 materials if we win. We've missed a few opportunities to hit 300M because of this issue.
    I was looking at the links that are there right now, for example. I'm glad to see the Hyperdrive link isn't there. By this point, though, with five days left, is the Conquest Pass link still needed? Is the 2x notification needed when other parts of the screen clearly show 2x? Are these more important than the TW link?
    To me, the TW link is absolutely a priority, as it's important part of the game and is important to a guild's ability to move forward, and needs to appear every time on the home page.
    Please fix this.
  • Agree 100%. Can’t express how many times members of our guild have missed Territory Wars because of other icons taking priority over the guild icons when they shouldn’t (cough hyperdrive bundle cough). Adding a priority system would really improve things.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Agree 100%. Can’t express how many times members of our guild have missed Territory Wars because of other icons taking priority over the guild icons when they shouldn’t (cough hyperdrive bundle cough). Adding a priority system would really improve things.

They have a priority system in place for icons, it’s just not the priority we would like.

This has been like this for ages, if they haven’t fixed something this simple by now, it because they don’t want to “fix” it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Agree 100%. Can’t express how many times members of our guild have missed Territory Wars because of other icons taking priority over the guild icons when they shouldn’t (cough hyperdrive bundle cough). Adding a priority system would really improve things.

They have a priority system in place for icons, it’s just not the priority we would like.

This has been like this for ages, if they haven’t fixed something this simple by now, it because they don’t want to “fix” it.

Yeah, all we can do for these types of thing is just keep asking and hope that the devs will come around eventually. Hence this forum post.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Tusken_Meathead @Ultra @Kyno @crzydroid
    Can any of you ping the devs and ask why they still ignore this issue? It can't cost that many resources to fix. Players have been asking for months and I can't see a reason why CG would like it if people miss their guild events.