Galactic Challenges are no longer possible!

Prev1
Engage
267 posts Member
edited April 2022
Before you whales start commenting that your R9 teams can wipe every challenge there is.
These challenges are no longer fun and no longer possible to do even with the right squad. You have to have your whole team at r7 minimum to think of doing these challenges properly. Or manage to find some sort of exploit to get past character specific achievements.

Take the current Nightsisters challenge. I have been capable of beating it with my R6 Jedi Revan team all this time. But not this challenge. They have way too much defence/health and they cheat. By cheating, I'm talking it's buggy as ever. I have never had this issue with challenges until they updated them. So why did they think it was a good idea to overstat the challenge teams so only a small group of players can do them?

This isn't fun. This used to be a challenge but still very much doable. Now it's no longer a challenge and no longer doable for the average player. Even if your teams have always been capable of getting by before.

Don't tell me how I may not have the correct team/strategy to beat them. I do not care! I used to beat this challenge every time because I have the right team for the job! I shouldn't be forced to whale with GLs in my squad in order to beat it. These challenges were never about needing gls because they have been around long before the first gl was ever a thing.

Replies

• if you dont want to hear other opinions on this gc thats fine

i just was happy to get an easy one again
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    if you dont want to hear other opinions on this gc thats fine

i just was happy to get an easy one again

Normally this one is very doable. No, I do not want opinions because I am not a whale with a GL team for every situation. I have a basic R6 Revan team and it has never failed me before.
  • well you made a thread here so you will get opinions

after the bh one t9 box and clones t10 but had to move mods this was a nice easy one

but i do have more than one team in my roster
    hello
  • also you need to let go of the idea that you need to be a whale to have a deep roster

plenty of f2p have 6 gl by now for instance
    hello
  • Engage wrote: »
    Before you whales start commenting that your R9 teams can wipe every challenge there is.
    These challenges are no longer fun and no longer possible to do even with the right squad. You have to have your whole team at r7 minimum to think of doing these challenges properly. Or manage to find some sort of exploit to get past character specific achievements.

Take the current Nightsisters challenge. I have been capable of beating it with my R6 Jedi Revan team all this time. But not this challenge. They have way too much defence/health and they cheat. By cheating, I'm talking it's buggy as ever. I have never had this issue with challenges until they updated them.

what bugs are you talking about and what updates are you talking about
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    also you need to let go of the idea that you need to be a whale to have a deep roster

I admit that I haven't bothered to farm gls. I get that's my problem and people get verbally abusive on here towards me because of it. But like I said, these challenges should not require a GL in your lineup in order to beat them.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Engage wrote: »

Take the current Nightsisters challenge. I have been capable of beating it with my R6 Jedi Revan team all this time. But not this challenge. They have way too much defence/health and they cheat. By cheating, I'm talking it's buggy as ever. I have never had this issue with challenges until they updated them.

Bugs like them getting abilities a second time without cooldown. Or getting to move out of turn just before I kill one of them.
    You can't honestly tell me that you don't notice the stat difference in challenge teams. Challenges that have always been doable are no longer doable because of the update to overhaul all challenge teams and force r7 or better squads.
    I'm not saying it isn't possible with lower teams. But realistically they are no longer doable like they were before.
    also you need to let go of the idea that you need to be a whale to have a deep roster

I admit that I haven't bothered to farm gls. I get that's my problem and people get verbally abusive on here towards me because of it. But like I said, these challenges should not require a GL in your lineup in order to beat them.

why not tho

like you said its your choice to not farm gls

and its your choice to not get max crate as a result
    hello

Bugs like them getting abilities a second time without cooldown. Or getting to move out of turn just before I kill one of them.
    You can't honestly tell me that you don't notice the stat difference in challenge teams. Challenges that have always been doable are no longer doable because of the update to overhaul all challenge teams and force r7 or better squads.
    I'm not saying it isn't possible with lower teams. But realistically they are no longer doable like they were before.

sorry i cant say either way because i dont have to use lower teams like jkr

i used jmk and cls
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

i used jmk and cls

cls is not jedi though?
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Btw I beat stage 9 with all achievements. Stage 10 is impossible when it should not be this hard.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

i used jmk and cls

cls is not jedi though?

Don't need Jedi for 8 turns in a row.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Btw I beat stage 9 with all achievements. Stage 10 is impossible when it should not be this hard.

Auto'd in about 3 minutes with JKR GMY GAS Hoda Bastila. GMY and GAS are high relic because of GL requirements, but I'm sure it's not needed. Armor Shred from GAS will take care of your defense issues.

its not impossible
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I'm trying to increase relic on my Vader for Luke and GAS. He's still r2.
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Maybe I wouldn't have had as many issues farming if I went dark side. Because JRevan was a mistake. He's practically trash tier now when he used to be S tier.

If you had gone DS you really wouldn't be able to do this one, since it's Jedi. Maybe they changed this one, maybe not, but you don't need a GL to beat it. Though, without a GL you might just need GAS, for the armor shred and max health reduction.

It's not an issue that various GC's require various levels of roster depth though. Take the gold box and move on.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    https://swgoh.gg/p/951546839/characters/?f=Jedi

You really need some more offence in there. Tried using your top six Jedi (swapping GK and Hoda) and there's not enough damage output to take them out in ten turns.

things always change

but hes also not trash
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    g80gkhpxh9d2.png
  • Engage
    267 posts Member

things always change

but hes also not trash

If you have enough of a roster with GAS and LS then he's not trash.
  • jkr gmy ****/hoda jolee ben/gk is very viable
    hello
  • ha bastilla was sensored
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    They're viable until almost every dark side team can counter them anyways.
    They're viable until almost every dark side team can counter them anyways.

so use them on offense
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    I only use them on offence. They are great at killing Padme teams. That's pretty much the extent of their usefulness. I'm talking from experience at not being able to do anything else with them. I've had jkr for years and it has gotten me nowhere. Old republic characters aren't even viable towards GLs. This is how I have made very little progress in all this time towards all GLs that have come out so far.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    I only use them on offence. They are great at killing Padme teams. That's pretty much the extent of their usefulness. I'm talking from experience at not being able to do anything else with them. I've had jkr for years and it has gotten me nowhere. Old republic characters aren't even viable towards GLs. This is how I have made very little progress in all this time towards all GLs that have come out so far.

JKR is the third best offensive GA squad according to .gg and is listed as a counter to several of the most seen defensive squads, none of which are Padme.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited April 2022
    I'm not sure what changes you are talking about--do you mean when they switched it from 7 tiers to 10? Other times this challenge has come up, Ventress may have been on the team. It could be extra heals from Talia that are slowing you down.

At any rate, if you have a team/mod combo that is failing you, moving from relic 6 to 7, or even 9, likely won't help. If you've had the time and resources to relic 6 a JKR team, you could've have gone after other teams as well. If you don't have that much roster depth, I daresay you are over-relicking your characters.

If you don't even have GAS, I'm not sure what you'll do besides take crate 9. But I beat it quite easily with this team as an experiment for you:

67okmzi1s884.jpg
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

JKR is the third best offensive GA squad according to .gg and is listed as a counter to several of the most seen defensive squads, none of which are Padme.

This used to be the case before gls. I can destroy just about any Padme team with ease. I check .gg frequently and I feel like it could use an update when it comes to his current viability.
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I'm not sure what changes you are talking about--do you mean when they switched it from 7 tiers to 10? Other times this challenge has come up, Ventress may have been on the team. It could be extra heals from Talia that are slowing you down.

At any rate, if you have a team/mod combo that is failing you, moving from relic 6 to 7, or even 9, likely won't help. If you've had the time and resources to relic 6 a JKR team, you could've have gone after other teams as well. If you don't have that much roster depth, I daresay you are over-relicking your characters.

If you don't even have GAS, I'm not sure what you'll do besides take crate 9. But I beat it quite easily with this team as an experiment for you:

67okmzi1s884.jpg

I would have had more use out of them if I went GRepublic instead and then worked JKR on the side.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

This used to be the case before gls. I can destroy just about any Padme team with ease. I check .gg frequently and I feel like it could use an update when it comes to his current viability.

It's not opinions, it's data. JKR may not counter GL's, but it counters way more than just Padme.