Galactic wars difficulty

Hi evreyone,

I m fresh lvl 60 et today on galactic war, on 6th fight i m facing to a team full lvl 80, empire soldiers and full epic gears. How i m supposed to win this fight ? It s just impossible with a lvl 60 team with a free account… and it s not the first time with an impossible win duel … my reset is just wasted :/

Replies

• One thing you'll find about this game is that you cannot complete everything that you have access to at first. It's to keep you motivated to improve your roster.

Gal war difficulty is based on the power of your top 5 characters. If you build up more than 1 team at once you will have the ability to use your different options to get through.

The other thing you can try is send in a burner team to get the enemies to use up their special abilities. Very low gear toons that will die to one hit each.

Another trick is to use your top team for the first fight, then use your second best team from then on. End the first fight with all your specials available. Now that team is turn meter loaded, so it can get ahead of enemies.

It'll get easier as you get more options.
  • Zumwan
    356 posts Member
    There are some specific characters that really help you clear GW. The leadership abilities of Bossk and Bastila Shan, for example, make your teams more durable so they can conserve health for later nodes. I would recommend farming those characters, if you aren't already.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Anyone remember Finn's original zeta?
  • rip
    hello
  • Yeah GW sucks sub 85. It's a badly designed play mode. The best you can do is to go wide with your account, rather than tall. Have 2 or more decent teams, instead of one very strong. And even then... You have to suck it up then at 85 you can sim it all.
  • i dont agree its badly designed

it is designed to make you stretch youre roster beyond one team and it does a good job of that
    hello
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Dimoxinil wrote: »
    Yeah GW sucks sub 85. It's a badly designed play mode. The best you can do is to go wide with your account, rather than tall. Have 2 or more decent teams, instead of one very strong. And even then... You have to suck it up then at 85 you can sim it all.

Forces you to go wide...yeah what stupid idea for a collection game...
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Dimoxinil wrote: »
    Yeah GW sucks sub 85. It's a badly designed play mode. The best you can do is to go wide with your account, rather than tall. Have 2 or more decent teams, instead of one very strong. And even then... You have to suck it up then at 85 you can sim it all.

It doesn't even force you to go that wide. Just a few good teams. It punishes over-gearing one bad or mediocre team. If you have one good synergy team that outperforms its power level, that goes a long way.
  • Daclif
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Lynaviss wrote: »
    Hi evreyone,

I m fresh lvl 60 et today on galactic war, on 6th fight i m facing to a team full lvl 80, empire soldiers and full epic gears. How i m supposed to win this fight ? It s just impossible with a lvl 60 team with a free account… and it s not the first time with an impossible win duel … my reset is just wasted :/

Ah, Galactic Wars .. those were the days. In general it will be possible for you to finish every GW, well before you hit Lvl 85. However there will be times when you encounter impossible matchups. Simply because the selection in Galactic Wars is always based on GP points, but there are some high synergy teams, e.g. Bad Batch, Geonosians or Nightsisters (with the right line up and gear) that will prove impossible even at very low GPs. For such teams you need a specific counter, e.g. Zetas on Darth Vader for Nightsisters or Geonosians, and you most likely dont have them yet.
    That is ok. You simply forfeit this day and fight again in the next one. Just dont refresh in Galactic Wars, like never !

There are a few teams at your stage that are golden in Galactic Wars (and it is certainly not Bossk as he is sitting on a node not reachable before Lvl 85).
    Bastila Jedis or Phoenix, these are the classics. Especially Phoenix is working in GW as well today as it did 5 years ago.

• Nightsisters too. A great team for GW and as you level up they are solid teams for Raids (they can solo Pit, solo phases in Tank and make dents in STR), for TW, TB and GAC - and they are easy to farm early on. I suggest starting with Ventress lead and bring MT as and when you can. They got me through the long grind of 150 GW clears (you youngsters don’t know how good you’ve got it) to reach Sim city. Sisters are doing it too.