Meet CG_Tusken_Meathead - Get to know me

Replies

• Hello TM - Welcome on board. I have been playing SWGOH since day one. I consider myself an average spender. However I could easily spend more, but I don't. I work as a Commercial Manager in the IT Sales sector so I know when something is value for money or not. There are plenty of people on this forum happy to provide constructive feedback on the content and mechanics of SWGOH, but where I would like to offer my expertise in exchange for humble opinion is on whether you guys agree that there is true value in the purchasable packs you offer. My biggest gripe with SWGOH is that there are very few packs you guys put together that I consider to be a no brainer. I.e there is no second thought to purchasing. You guys flood the game with PACKS which are simply not value for money and it's enormously frustrating when I see you don't capitalise here at all. I am curious to know if the team at CG agree, or do you have a PUTIN at the top who has authoritarian control over this aspect of the game? Either way, when I look at the packs on offer and weigh up the value, I very rarely feel compelled to purchase. This is a shame because with the right tweaks I absolutely see potential, but largely you are left feeling desperately short-changed when contemplating if something is a good investment and more often than not I think players feel angry and frustrated over bad purchases often wishing they could take them back! Which is a mindset I would want to eradicate if this was my game.

I often find myself in the Galaxy store, pursuing value in the offers but I just never feel tempted. On the whole few packs tempt me and when they do, there often just not quite tempting enough and I often find myself backing out of a purchase. When I think of the scale this is happening, and how a simple tweak could turn browsing into buying I simply feel compelled to want to find the person responsible for this injustice and slap some sense into them. I think it would be of tremendous service to the community if we had someone at CG, recognise this and champion change. You have 3 months to create a legacy, I think this is a great place to start.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Alright new dude, 3 things you can hopefully address before more "hellos"
    1) what's going on with the galactic chase drop rate decreasing/continued radio silence?
    2 )is tie echelon getting nerfed?
    3) address the current galactic challenge issue

If you actually want to help the community and make our experience better than before- start by helping address issues we having been asking for. Thanks.
    Post edited by Magruffin on
  • Welcome!

Biggest question of all: Is cheesecake pie or cake?
  • cheeseCAKE
    hello
  • cheeseCAKE

But Cheesecake uses Pie Crust and it looks like a pie.
  • Not cool enough to get a dev team tag Meathead? It'll make your contributions to threads harder to find. Maybe you want it that way?
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Not cool enough to get a dev team tag Meathead? It'll make your contributions to threads harder to find. Maybe you want it that way?

He does have one @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Not cool enough to get a dev team tag Meathead? It'll make your contributions to threads harder to find. Maybe you want it that way?

I think he means the tag that shows on threads indicating a dev has posted there.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

I think he means the tag that shows on threads indicating a dev has posted there.

Ah you could be right. That really seems to be missing 😉
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    cheeseCAKE

But Cheesecake uses Pie Crust and it looks like a pie.

peanut butter isnt dairy
    hello
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    We need a tag that indicates a mod has posted in a thread
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

kfou9wh8hwdf.gif
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2022

Why?
    Post edited by PumaK on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    PumaK wrote: »

Why?

Because i want to feel special :blush:
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member

Why?

That's a nice point haha
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead already coming through with a timeline for a bug fix. Please don't leave us!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Why?

You are special, in your own special way!!!

You mean like an Omicron Badge, in the middle of the players face with the number of times they have been moderated lol

That could be so cool...

also @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Welcome aboard, hope the positive comments far outweigh the negative.

I like the 3 things idea, not necessarily 3 things we'd change but:

1. When can we have Bane/Darth Bane
    2. We need more ships
    3. Matchmaking on TW/GAC needs a review (yes I expect loads of comments as I always got before)

Looking forward to hearing more from you
    This is the Way
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello TM - Welcome on board. I have been playing SWGOH since day one. I consider myself an average spender. However I could easily spend more, but I don't. I work as a Commercial Manager in the IT Sales sector so I know when something is value for money or not. There are plenty of people on this forum happy to provide constructive feedback on the content and mechanics of SWGOH, but where I would like to offer my expertise in exchange for humble opinion is on whether you guys agree that there is true value in the purchasable packs you offer. My biggest gripe with SWGOH is that there are very few packs you guys put together that I consider to be a no brainer. I.e there is no second thought to purchasing. You guys flood the game with PACKS which are simply not value for money and it's enormously frustrating when I see you don't capitalise here at all. I am curious to know if the team at CG agree, or do you have a PUTIN at the top who has authoritarian control over this aspect of the game? Either way, when I look at the packs on offer and weigh up the value, I very rarely feel compelled to purchase. This is a shame because with the right tweaks I absolutely see potential, but largely you are left feeling desperately short-changed when contemplating if something is a good investment and more often than not I think players feel angry and frustrated over bad purchases often wishing they could take them back! Which is a mindset I would want to eradicate if this was my game.

I often find myself in the Galaxy store, pursuing value in the offers but I just never feel tempted. On the whole few packs tempt me and when they do, there often just not quite tempting enough and I often find myself backing out of a purchase. When I think of the scale this is happening, and how a simple tweak could turn browsing into buying I simply feel compelled to want to find the person responsible for this injustice and slap some sense into them. I think it would be of tremendous service to the community if we had someone at CG, recognise this and champion change. You have 3 months to create a legacy, I think this is a great place to start.

Give me an example of a no brainer pack for you.

$5 Pack
    $10 Pack
    $20 Pack

Helps me understand where you're coming from and easier to pass along.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Welcome!

Biggest question of all: Is cheesecake pie or cake?

It's Cake

I am but a journeyman
    Natetiffer wrote: »

Why?

You are special, in your own special way!!!

You mean like an Omicron Badge, in the middle of the players face with the number of times they have been moderated lol

That could be so cool...

also @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Welcome aboard, hope the positive comments far outweigh the negative.

I like the 3 things idea, not necessarily 3 things we'd change but:

1. When can we have Bane/Darth Bane
    2. We need more ships
    3. Matchmaking on TW/GAC needs a review (yes I expect loads of comments as I always got before)

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Rule of thumb is always, when it comes to feedback a majority of it will be people who want to tell you what's wrong, while those that enjoy themselves stay silent. It's just human nature. People who are enjoying something, enjoy it, people who aren't enjoying something, want other people to know it and feel there voice be heard.

Both are valid means of communication.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2022

$5 Pack
    $10 Pack
    $20 Pack

I think it is not about how much the pack costs but what content it offers in relation to the price. Most of the time you can't even purchase what you desire because there are different probabilities and the one which feels worth the cost has about 5% chance to get picked.
  • The closest to a no brainer pack for me is the relic cargo package for US$10. A few zinbiddles, some electrium, 15 flawed signal data, plus a hundred crystals is ok. The energy is great though.

But it really becomes a no brainer if there are double drops on normal or fleet energy, or if I'm doing a GL ticket farm. Actually, even with this, I still have to think about it, and maybe not buy it.

Strangest thing in this game to me, is how as the packs go up in price, the value gets worse and worse. I guess I can reason it out as the whales are just paying more for the convenience of less clicks, and whales gonna whale kind of thing. But it just reduces my likelihood of spending more, when I can clearly see that the higher price items are worse value for money.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »

$5 Pack
    $10 Pack
    $20 Pack

I think it is not about how much the pack costs but what content it offers in relation to the price. Most of the time you can't even purchase what you desire because there are different probabilities and the one which feels worth the cost has about 5% chance to get picked.

This.... 100% this.

I shouldnt have to read the probabilities of getting what i want super closely and more than once to understand what im truly buying.

Thats not fun. Thats not a good feeling.... and i spend less because my time is too valuable to read through it. So i just assume its a bad deal and move on.
  • Just wanted to pop in and say welcome, sorry you have to deal with the toxic part of the crowd. You have a rough job, but I think most are grateful that you (and other community managers) are here to help out.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop in and say welcome, sorry you have to deal with the toxic part of the crowd. You have a rough job, but I think most are grateful that you (and other community managers) are here to help out.

Care to explain how they help?
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    hi Mister Meathead,

I'm curious how the interaction between community managers and the developers works in practice. Specifically, how do you present topics of interest from the gaming community to them and how do you know they were received? Do you send an email or do you have daily/weekly meetings with an agenda of topics (or both)? If there is confusion on a topic, do you have any specific members of the community that you would reach out to for clarification?

We're often told that the CMs and Devs are listening but with a huge range of players it's unlikely that everyone is on the same page, depending on the topic, so how do we (the collective community) really know what is being communicated on our behalf?
  • I don't mean to leave this question here but I don't know where to ask this, where will outsider galactic chase be? Will it be cantina, ship, or normal energy
  • Welcome and good luck. I Hope you have enough coffee to keep up with and survive this community
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Alright new dude, 3 things you can hopefully address before more "hellos"
    1) what's going on with the galactic chase drop rate decreasing/continued radio silence?
    2 )is tie echelon getting nerfed?
    3) address the current galactic challenge issue

If you actually want to help the community and make our experience better than before- start by helping address issues we having been asking for. Thanks.

^^THIS 100%! @CG_Tusken_Meathead will only be of any use to anyone if he can actually give straight answers to major questions/concerns, unlike the last person in that job! If he's just going to skirt around anything important and just deal with the "frosting and balloons" type of stuff then what's the point?!

If his lack of useful responses, and leaning into pretending to obtusely not get the point, so far are any indication then it'll be business as usual and players won't get any useful communication, investigations will be never ending, testing won't ever be addressed, issues never answered...but he'll post a joke or two and a new kit and think that's enough!
  • zatho
    747 posts Member

$5 Pack
    $10 Pack
    $20 Pack

Hi @CG_Tusken_Meathead here is a pack in the shop today:
    ezgnh6rim0w5.png
    u5cob2eu5eyu.png

It is advertised with "Over 250% Value!" but if I look at the content Even for 5 € I would really need to think if it is worth it to me. for 30 € (600% more expensive than I would pay for) this is a "no brainer" that screams to me "don't buy me". It is ridiculous that there is even a purchase limit of 1. And according to the 250% value, the pack would cost 75 € at normal value. What a fantasy price.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 2022
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    hi Mister Meathead,

I'm curious how the interaction between community managers and the developers works in practice. Specifically, how do you present topics of interest from the gaming community to them and how do you know they were received? Do you send an email or do you have daily/weekly meetings with an agenda of topics (or both)? If there is confusion on a topic, do you have any specific members of the community that you would reach out to for clarification?

We're often told that the CMs and Devs are listening but with a huge range of players it's unlikely that everyone is on the same page, depending on the topic, so how do we (the collective community) really know what is being communicated on our behalf?

CM's take suggestions/feedback and provide it in a manner that their fellow Developers can see/understand etc

Slack, Email, Meetings, all forms of communication

Typically if someone is presenting an idea that I feel has merit, and I don't quite understand it, ill ask them for clarification.

I'd say you'd answer your own question on the last one. You've mentioned the "Collective Community" but how do you know that is the "Collective Community"? Same thing is applied to your logic of huge range of players mention prior t that.

So as you can imagine, it's not easy, and there is a lot of sifting, but all sides do their best to get a good understanding of what's going on.

Hope that helps you understand better! :) If not, ill do my best to explain further.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Do you / will you share the results of those communications