GAC win/loss - Skill Rating points calculation

Several questions:
1. Why each win and each loss increase or decrease Skill Rating by different amount of points everytime?

2. How is loss/win decrease/increase in Skill Rating calculated? Loss >40 points, Win < 40 points.

3. Why loss reduces Skill Rating by more points than a win increases the Skill Rating?

I was not able to find the answers to these.

Replies

• They're all connected to the skill rating of your opponent. So if you're playing up slightly, you'll get slightly more skill rating points; where as if you're playing down slightly you'll get less.

So, if you win against somebody with less skill points to you and lose against somebody with less skill points than you. You will be at a net loss.
  • They're all connected to the skill rating of your opponent. So if you're playing up slightly, you'll get slightly more skill rating points; where as if you're playing down slightly you'll get less.

So, if you win against somebody with less skill points to you and lose against somebody with less skill points than you. You will be at a net loss.
    This is theoretical, isn’t it?

So far, I’ve faced one player with a skill rating that was +1 compared to mine. Every other round was with someone with identical skill rating to me. I’d guess the majority of players have not faced many opponents with a skill rating that’s different to their’s at all.

@Plageus The skill rating adjustment seems to drop gradually as the rounds go by. If you check your history on swgoh.gg you should see changes starting at roughly 43 points for the first round of the 12, then each round the changes drop by 1 or 2 points each time.
  • harvestmouse
    891 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    I don't think it's theoretical.

For example when we first started this new format of GAC at one point there were 20 players left undefeated. 16 went in to undefeated groups and 4 joined players who had already lost.

Taro and kabuki? (I think Kabuki) were put in to the group that had already lost matches. Taro beat 2 players that had been defeated already and got less skill rating points than all the other undefeated players. Kabuki defeated one player that hadn't been beaten and one that had and got more points than Taro, but less than the guys from the other 2 groups.

Where as all the winners in the 2 groups of undefeated players all got the same points.
  • I don't think it's theoretical.

For example when we first started this new format of GAC at one point there were 20 players left undefeated. 16 went in to undefeated groups and 4 joined players who had already lost.

Taro and kabuki? (I think Kabuki) were put in to the group that had already lost matches. Taro beat 2 players that had been defeated already and got less skill rating points than all the other undefeated players. Kabuki defeated one player that hadn't been beaten and one that had and got more points than Taro, but less than the guys from the other 2 groups.

Where as all the winners in the 2 groups of undefeated players all got the same points.

Ok, it’s not theoretical - but it’s not going to affect the vast majority of players for the vast majority of their matchups.