Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

0ldayvkl2a06.jpg

UNIT NAME: Fifth Brother
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Leader, Empire, Inquisitorius, Unaligned Force User
A powerful Inquisitor that specializes in supporting the purge of all Jedi by applying devastating debuffs.

ABILITIES:

BASIC: I Shall Go Alone
flftz1gzuqb2.gif

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy. If the enemy is debuffed, inflict a stack of Purge. If the enemy is a Jedi, inflict another stack of Purge. Inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns. These debuffs can’t be resisted.

SPECIAL 1: The Kill is Mine (Cooldown 3)
vjw6igzclbt5.gif

Final Text: Dispel all buffs, inflict Defense Down for 2 turns, then deal Special damage to all enemies. Inflict a stack of Purge to all enemies, if the target already had Purge, inflict Expose for 2 turns. Grant all allies Potency Up for 2 turns. These debuffs can’t be resisted.

SPECIAL 2: Shrouded in Darkness (Cooldown 4) (Zeta)
ih374k3iryae.gif

Final Text: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Vulnerable for 2 turns. For each stack of Purge on the target, all Inquisitorius allies gain 10% Protection Up (staking) for 2 turns. If the target has at least 3 stacks of Purge, gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, Stun target for 1 turn, and if enemy was a Jedi, inflict Fear on all non-Jedi enemies for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

Leader - I Sense Those We Seek

Final Text: Empire allies gain 5% Defense and Max Health. Inquisitorius allies gain an additional 30% Defense and Max Health. If the enemy leader is a Jedi, inflict a stack of purge on the leader and all non-Jedi enemies at the start of battle (stacking, max 6), which can't be resisted, and whenever Purge is consumed or dispelled on non-Jedi enemies (excluding Galactic Legends) they lose 3% Speed (stacking, max 18%) for the rest of the encounter. Whenever an ally Inquisitor uses a Special ability, apply a stack of Purge on target enemy, which can't be evaded or resisted.

While in Territory Wars: If the enemy Leader is a Jedi (excluding Galactic Legends), Jedi Leader abilities that grant bonus Speed to non-Jedi allies additionally remove 70 Speed, and whenever a non-Jedi enemy gains Retribution, dispel Retribution and instead inflict Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inquisitorius allies gain 15% Turn Meter (limit once per turn).

UNIQUE: A New Target

Final Text: At the start of battle, if all allies are Inquisitorius, Fifth Brother has +100% counter chance. Recover 5% Health and Protection whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, if the enemy leader is a Jedi, whenever a non-Jedi enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, inflict Provoked on them for 1 turn, which can't be resisted. Whenever a Jedi uses a Basic ability during their turn, they are inflicted with Breach at the end of their turn for 2 turns.

Provoked: +100% counter chance; this character deals 90% less damage when attacking out of turn; whenever this character attacks out of turn, it takes damage equal to 20% of its Max Health; this damage can't defeat this character.

FAQ

Q: On his second special is it just the Fear that can't be Copied/Dispelled/Evaded/Resisted or does that clause extend to the Stun he inflicts or the Damage Immunity he gives himself.

A: Only Fear is Copied/Dispelled/Evaded/Resisted, this clause doesn't apply to Stun and Damage Immunity.

Q: On his Unique does he regain Health/Prot from enemies attacking out of turn if the enemy leader isn't Jedi

A: Fifth Brother gains Health/Protection whenever any enemy attacks out of turn

Q: Can Provoked be Dispelled? And is it coded as the opposite of Retribution for things like GK and Baze reversing buffs/debuffs?

A: Yes it can be dispelled and no it is not the opposite of Retribution
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Obligatory first
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    RTS wrote: »
    Obligatory first

First recognized.
  • “ If the target has at least 3 stacks of Purge, gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, Stun target for 1 turn, and if enemy was a Jedi, inflict Fear on all non-Jedi enemies for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted.”

Are all of these Undispellable/Irresistable/etc, or just the Fear? It seems like it also includes the Stun and Damage Immunity.
  • While in Territory Wars: If the enemy Leader is a Jedi (excluding Galactic Legends), Jedi Leader abilities that grant bonus Speed to non-Jedi allies additionally remove 70 Speed, and whenever a non-Jedi enemy gains Retribution, dispel Retribution and instead inflict Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. The first time an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, Inquisitorius allies gain 15% bonus Turn Meter.

Does the "additionally remove 70 Speed" apply to all enemies, or just non-Jedi enemies?
  • ManInWhite
    43 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    "If the target has at least 3 stacks of Purge, gain Damage Immunity for 1 turn, Stun target for 1 turn, and if enemy was a Jedi, inflict Fear on all non-Jedi enemies for 1 turn, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted."

So if all enemies are Jedi, none of them will be inflicted with Fear, is that correct ?
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    UNIQUE: A New Target

Final Text: At the start of battle, if all allies are Inquisitorius, Fifth Brother has +100% counter chance. Recover 5% Health and Protection whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, if the enemy leader is a Jedi, whenever a non-Jedi enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, inflict Provoked on them for 1 turn, which can't be resisted. Whenever a Jedi uses a Basic ability during their turn, they are inflicted with Breach at the end of their turn for 2 turns.

Provoked: +100% counter chance; this character deals 90% less damage when attacking out of turn; whenever this character attacks out of turn, it takes damage equal to 15% of its Max Health; this damage can't defeat enemies

Does "if the enemy leader is a Jedi" apply to recovering 5% Health and Protection
    or is provoked only inflicted when both, leader is a jedi and non-Jedi enemy gains bonus Turn Meter are fulfilled?
  • This guy was made to counter Shaak lead clones, and my god does he counter her HARD. Two forms of speed reductions, a lot of unresistable debuffs, reducing OOT attack damage by 90%, max health based damage and a tenacity down on basic.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    This guy was made to counter Shaak lead clones, and my god does he counter her HARD. Two forms of speed reductions, a lot of unresistable debuffs, reducing OOT attack damage by 90%, max health based damage and a tenacity down on basic.

Yeah my first reaction was this counter is a massive hard counter to Shaak-Clones. She's gonna get smacked.
  • typo in there, Protection Up (staking) for 2 turns.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Midquisitor
    Post edited by SemiGod on
  • Great. A counter to Shaak Clones. We needed that. Right? Right..?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Great. A counter to Shaak Clones. We needed that. Right? Right..?

I mean CAT isn't a jedi that falls under a jedi lead quite often and she happens to attack out of turn quite consistently as well.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

yeah we do
  • I just got a thought. While the Omi is not gonna be useful in this scenario, he could also counter GAS lead with clones. Reducing speed on all the clones, damaging them severely through OOT attacks, and 501st tends to dispel debuffs quite frequently and fast so the purge removal will cripple them quite a bit.

Not as strong as vs Shaak lead clones, but still a considerable option. We'd definetly need live testing for this.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    I just got a thought. While the Omi is not gonna be useful in this scenario, he could also counter GAS lead with clones. Reducing speed on all the clones, damaging them severely through OOT attacks, and 501st tends to dispel debuffs quite frequently and fast so the purge removal will cripple them quite a bit.

Not as strong as vs Shaak lead clones, but still a considerable option. We'd definetly need live testing for this.

They wouldn't get the speed reduction because GAS lead doesn't grant them speed. It's all from Rex's unique.
  • Why these inquisitors are supposed to be so powerful against Jedi is beyond me..
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Why these inquisitors are supposed to be so powerful against Jedi is beyond me..

Maybe in future they will add kyber crystals to upgrade the Jedi beyond legends. Then you will be glad to have the right inquisitors in your contact list
  • crzydroid wrote: »

They wouldn't get the speed reduction because GAS lead doesn't grant them speed. It's all from Rex's unique.

"and whenever Purge is consumed or dispelled on non-Jedi enemies (excluding Galactic Legends) they lose 3% Speed (stacking, max 18%) for the rest of the encounter."
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

yeah we do

I assume this is the royal we, dude.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GK gives out retribution regularly to any team he is on as well. Not just a Shaak counter.

Interesting this inquisitor does not strip purge off the enemies, which I thought was always a problem with the earlier inquisitors. You build up the purge, then they disappear.

This squad needs a spreadsheet to understand all the interactions.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Updated with a few questions/answers at the bottom of the KIT
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    FoxyFox wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

"and whenever Purge is consumed or dispelled on non-Jedi enemies (excluding Galactic Legends) they lose 3% Speed (stacking, max 18%) for the rest of the encounter."

Well, I suppose there's that part of it then.
  • Updated with a few questions/answers at the bottom of the KIT

Man if you could just like, stay at CG forever, that'd be great. This level of communication has been a breath of fresh air.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Why these inquisitors are supposed to be so powerful against Jedi is beyond me..

The thing about inquisitors are that they specialize in hunting jedi..... So it makes sense their kits reflect that
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Their sole purpose was to hunt down and kill Jedi. Once they thought the Jedi were eradicated the Inquisitors disbanded.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I just wish they would work at least a wee bit better with other empire characters outside of the inquisitorius.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    I can see a small viability for plug and play with any team facing Shaak+Clones, as far as I understand the part of his unique that grants Provoked on enemies should work on any line-up, you would only miss the 100% counter chance without other Inquisitors.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Was hoping to see what unique ability all inquisitor units were going to get added to their kits but I guess that will happen later with the simultaneous release of Grand Inquisitor