CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 2022
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
xyp6wm0bkk7h.jpg

UNIT NAME: Darth Malgus
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Tank, Leader, Sith, Sith Empire
Legendary Sith Lord who causes doubt among his foes and heralds the return of the Sith Empire

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Unfettered Rage (Zeta)
a9vkkh8z6bcw.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is a Jedi. On the second attack, Darth Malgus gains 20% Max Health (stacking, max 100%) until the end of the encounter. These attacks can't be countered or evaded. Sith Empire allies gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1: Deprive Senses (Omicron) (Cooldown 3)
hcxakxgsg1nu.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Blind and Shock for 2 turns. If the target was already Shocked, Shock all enemies for 2 turns and inflict Ability Block on the target enemy for 2 turns. Darth Malgus Taunts for 2 turns.

While in Grand Arenas: Debuffs inflicted by this ability can't be resisted, and Sith Empire allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. If the target was already Shocked, deal true damage to all other enemies and Darth Malgus gains 50% Turn Meter.

SPECIAL 2: Dark Deception (Zeta) (Cooldown 4)
ojyqmss2fe0z.gif

Final Text: Deal true damage to target enemy equal to 40% of Darth Malgus' Max Health and inflict Doubt on them for 2 turns. If Darth Malgus is in the Leader slot and not the ally slot, this Doubt can't be resisted. Increase target enemy's cooldowns by 1, which can't be resisted. Darth Malgus gains Protection Up (20%) and additional Protection Up (5%, stacking) for each debuff on each ally for 2 turns.

Doubt: Can't gain bonus Turn Meter or buffs or recover Protection

Leader - Legacy of Power (Omicron)

Final Text: Sith Empire allies are immune to Turn Meter reduction. For each Sith Empire ally at the start of battle (excluding summoned allies), Sith Empire allies have +10% Critical Chance and Max Health and +10 Speed.

The first time any other ally falls below 50% Health, at the end of that turn all enemies are inflicted with Fear for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled, evaded, or resisted.

Darth Malgus is immune to Stun and Fear. Whenever Doubt expires from an enemy, Sith Empire allies gain a stack of We Have Returned for 4 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

We Have Returned: +5% Critical Damage and Offense per stack

While in Grand Arenas: Sith Empire allies have +50% Mastery, +30 Speed, and +80% Critical Avoidance and damage they receive is decreased by 15%. Whenever a Sith Empire ally is inflicted with a debuff, they recover 10% Health and Protection. Whenever Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, that enemy is inflicted with Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted. While enemies are inflicted with Doubt, they have -20% Speed, -20% Tenacity, and -30% Critical Damage.

At the start of battle, if all allies are Sith (excluding summoned allies), Darth Malgus gains an additional 50% Max Health and Max Protection and 60 Speed. At the start of battle, Darth Malgus recovers 100% Health and Protection.

UNIQUE: Korriban's Legacy (Omicron)

Final Text: At the start of battle, Darth Malgus gains 5% Max Health and Max Protection for each other Sith ally, and 10% Max Health and Max Protection for each other Sith Empire ally. Darth Malgus takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, is immune to Healing Immunity, and while debuffed, gains 10% Defense and Health Steal. While Darth Malgus is Taunting, he has +60% counter chance, +20% Defense, and -20% Tenacity.

If all allies were Sith at the start of battle: At the start of each encounter Darth Malgus Taunts for 2 turns. Whenever Doubt expires on an enemy, that enemy is inflicted with Fear for 1 turn. The first time each turn Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, two random enemies who didn't already have it are inflicted with Doubt for 2 turns at the end of that turn. These debuffs can't be resisted.

While in Grand Arenas: If all allies were Sith at the start of battle: Instead, the first time each turn Doubt is dispelled on an enemy, all other enemies that didn't already have it are inflicted with Doubt for 2 turns at the end of that turn, which can't be resisted.

QUESTIONS

Question: The lead omicron for Malgus says for each SE ally at the start of battle, SE Allies gain +10% Crit Chance, Max Health, and +10 speed, does Malgus include himself?

Answer: Yes

Questions: Does doubt function like a normal debuff? If so, and it could theoretically be removed via an ability from Malgus’ team like culling blade, does that count as an ‘expiration’ or a ‘dispel’?

Answer: Yes, Doubt functions as a normal debuff and an ability like "Culling Blade" would count as a Dispel"

Question: Does Doubt stack?

Answer: No
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• I'm so glad that the sith have returned.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Love Old Republic content, and era

So pretty cool to see Malgus being added, and as a strong unit (conquest not marquee)
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    As someone who played/plays SWTOR this was really awesome to see happen!
  • Bruellhusten123
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    what is "we have returned" ?
    nvm found it: We Have Returned: +5% Critical Damage and Offense per stack
  • Oooooooooo. I still won’t up my inquisitors for this lmao. But I’ll push for the red crate harder than ever.
  • SITH WILL RULE THE GALAXY
  • you have to give us 145 shards for medium conquest
  • WELL OKAY

Time to worry about Things again I see this will be fun.
  • I got this from my collector's edition copy of swtor.

dujw6ajd3xer.jpg
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Wow, extremely strong. Malak v2
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Love Old Republic content, and era

So pretty cool to see Malgus being added, and as a strong unit (conquest not marquee)

You must be super excited to unlock him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Another non-canon fake star wars character.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Keep it canon and stop making fake characters OP in the game.
  • I’m liking this. KotOR/SWTOR content is still my favorite kind of content, and Darth Malgus is a great pick for some SWTOR content.

So sick of this. Where is Bail Organa, Saw Gerrerra, people who actually happen in *real* star wars ffs.

Honestly, leave toons from video games and cheesy legends books to that. Not a single toon from the sw resistance show.

Hate to break it to you but all Star Wars characters are fake. This game has never been beholden to canon anyway

last I checked, every character in star wars was fake.

On top of that, KOTOR and the old republic in general is considered some of the greatest star wars content out there, albeit only if you're versed in it.

Considering SWTOR is still ongoing AND the KOTOR remake is coming out, it's likely they are being embraced into official canon as well.

You want a Resistance Show character and you dislike Malgus / KOTOR?

No words
  • Holy **** is the only thing I can say right now xD

That´s flipping amazing B)
  • Honestly so happy that Malgus is coming to the game! Defiantly going to whale harder!! I'm still waiting for the day they make a GL Malgus, Revan (just a old republic character xD)
  • Kit looks insane. Hoping the feats in this next season of Conquest aren't too ridiculous. Maybe we can know soon?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

Hate to break it to you but all Star Wars characters are fake.

seinfeld-fake.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dianora
    116 posts Member
    More Old Republic, please. Would love to see Meetra Surik, Satele Shan, Brianna, and Shae Vizla in the game.

SWTOR better than any prequel or kids cartoon character
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Another non-canon fake star wars character.

He is canon
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Our time has come .... for 3 years we prepared we grew stronger, while you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe and protected ... but you were deceived as our powers of the dark side have ... blinded you!
    you assumed no force can challenge you
    and now ...
    finally ...
    WE - HAVE - RETURNED !
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • You were deceived...

umyhwwc41pcx.gif

L moment
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Let’s goo
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    [ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
    xyp6wm0bkk7h.jpg

UNIQUE: Korriban's Legacy (Omicron)

Final Text: Darth Malgus is immune to Healing Immunity,

Beautiful. It's sad that it's 3 months away from unlocking. Darth Malgus is really one of the best characters in SW Universe i'm really happy. The only part i'm concerned is that i think Malgus is a GL level of a character but i can see that if they decided to put Malgus on a level of a Conquest Character then i think we will get the GL Revan announcement soon. By the way add that Immune to Healing Immunity thing to Lord Vaders kit without ult state.

• I'm wondering if they're going to keep with the trend of having the Conquest characters tie into Galactic Legends, like with CAT and Maul. If so, I can only imagine that Vitiate/Valkorion/Tenebrae will be the next Dark Side GL, and if they decide to continue with honoring SWTOR this year, then I'm guessing the LS Conquest will be Satele Shan, and the LS GL will be Revan Reborn, with the LS characters focusing on Old Republic more than Jedi, since we already have JML for Jedi.

Anyone else think this might be likely? Any other guesses for Conquest/Galactic Legends?